1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Best glass for Cloud?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by newbud, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Vapodudule

Vapodudule Well-Known Member

hey @Hexi Same bingo piece here, gave an idea for future vape plans.
    Hexi likes this.
  2. ENTicedByDaHerb

ENTicedByDaHerb Member

So I ordered a Mobius 60t to pair with the Evo that is currently in pre-order land. What I got instead was a 60b.

Should I return it? 60b's are 30 bucks more so I'm guessing it's not really a bad option. I'm also lazy and impatient and want to hit a new Mobius!

Thing is, I ordered the Evo and I think there was something about the 60b's not being as optimal as the 60t's for it? I tried searching for it on the site but couldn't find it, so was thinking this would be a good place to ask.

So should I keep the 60b? Will it pair well with the Evo? Or is the 60t definitely better for the Evo?
    ////// and Snappo like this.
  3. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

:myday:
    IMO the Matrix Ion pairs better with EVO than the rest of Moby's options.
    weedemon and Snappo like this.
  4. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

It's ok I'll take that 60b off your hands ;)
  5. Sinclue

Sinclue OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

You can't go wrong with a Mobius and anything, but especially a Cloud/EVO. I use my Ion all the time.
    mvapes and Shrike like this.
  6. ENTicedByDaHerb

ENTicedByDaHerb Member

To both Pappy and Sinclue: Why the Ion? Have you tried the 60t/b and what was different?
  7. Sinclue

Sinclue OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

I've never used the 60T/B.

I'd wonder about the clearance between body and stem. Weight of EVO not the same concern for tipping as the OG Cloud. It looks like with the 60T/B a lot of pressure could be put on the gong joint.

The nice thing about the Ion is its nice and squat and it supports the EVO/Cloud by the top of the body more than the joint. Plus its doesn't appear to be as tall and tippy.

But as I say I haven't tried or even seen in person the 60T/B. I can only attest that the Ion is the shits.

edit: The Ion/EVO sits on the arm of my couch and all I have to do is turn my head and the mouthpiece is at exactly the right height. I think with the heat rising up through the unit rather than through the herb I can let it sit there for quite a long time taking occasional pulls.

edit#2: Here is the classic video of the Ion and the OG Cloud from StoneMonkey himself:
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  8. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

60t/b = more volume, more diffusion, more money. Ion is Moby's best form factor for vaping IMO and the double Matrix is overkill.
    mlo4sho, Stu and Sinclue like this.
  9. canj00digit?

canj00digit? All my days in a daze...

The Matrix ION (and Clear) hit nothing like the Stereo Matrix.
    I've explained the differences as I see them in the Mobius thread in the glass forum.

Being stemless there is more chug to the Stereo.
    It's something I prefer over the almost too smooth ION.
    Truth is I love them both. But the ION is a little too short for my comfort (hitting off my coffee table).
    It's all personal preferences obviously.
  10. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

* cough *cough 'clear bubbler', my two cents
    Tweak, canj00digit?, IIIQBIII and 2 others like this.
  11. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

I own or have owned the 65t, the Nano, Ion, and Clear Reti. As much as I loved the 65t, it was simply too big for me. Beautiful for sure, but overkill IMO. The Ion Matrix is a wonderful piece, and hits very smoothly without killing the flavor. It really is probably the perfect Cloud glass. That said, I fucking love the Clear Reti, too. It's much larger that the Ion and has more chug. I have yet to try it with a Cloud but I suspect the EVO will fog it up with no problem for huge hits.

It's a hard decision, but any way you go you will be happy. I love Mobius glass...
    mlo4sho and canj00digit? like this.
  12. 530rasta

530rasta Active Member

Scientific glass just doesnt do it for me. Stuff gets cranked out in numbers then sold for more than it should..imho...
    Gimme a heady glass to use for mental stimuli. Ill stick to Darby, Freek, or Peralta....ect
    JoeKickass likes this.
  13. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

So the actual function of the piece doesn't matter to you as long as it looks pretty? Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Tweak, mlo4sho, canj00digit? and 3 others like this.
  14. green2brown

green2brown Well-Known Member

I've used both a 65t and a 65b, not 60 unfortunately, with my Cloud+ and both worked phenomenally well with it. Given the added restriction on the EVO, I'd recommend the tube over the bubbler though. The mouthpiece on the b makes it a bit harder to pull than the the t, so an easier draw is probably better. And as far as overkill goes, I've never felt that the stereo matrix was overkill. However, I think I take larger hits than the average user so the extra diffusion is worth it to me.
    canj00digit? likes this.
  15. grokit

grokit power cosmic

It's starting to sound like a dedicated cloud glass thread could come in handy.
  16. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

It's not so much function doesn't matter, it's more: it's easy to get a functioning piece, but you just don't fall in love... When the right worked piece comes along you just know you won't ever sell it :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. slowandsteady

slowandsteady Member

@JoeKickass - Looks like Justin's work. Is that an EFS piece?
    JoeKickass likes this.
  18. oldiebutgoodie

oldiebutgoodie Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I sold my 60's. The stemless stereo creates more drag, although it's more like sort of a soft barrier to punch through to get the flow going as opposed to a sustained restriction. But I like the dewar bubblers much more. The Micro Clear Reti & Matrix have near the same volume at the 60's but more airflow, especially the Matrix. I like these pieces better with the original Cloud than the EVO. The Ion matched well with the Cloud OG and a CloudBuddy, but you have to watch the weight imbalance. On the other hand the EVO pairs with the Ion perfectly. I still use the CB with it just for the extra clearance. The Ion's volume is ~60% of the Micro's/60's. Effortless perfection.
    canj00digit?, SD_haze and Shrike like this.
  19. JoeKickass

Yeah their gridded doughnut, it hits smoother than a honeycomb and plenty o' flavor!
  20. nugghuffer

nugghuffer vaked

C'mon Joe, let's see a video with the EVO paired up with that sweet EFS piece! And can you use them together without an angled adapter?
    JoeKickass and Enchantre like this.
  21. JoeKickass

You got me! That's exactly the piece I'm waiting for lol, but it handles huge dabs like a champ so I'm excited to try it with the evo... common planetvape get your 22.5 adapters back in stock!
  22. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

One already existed. You have been assimilated. [​IMG]
    ENTicedByDaHerb and grokit like this.
  23. canj00digit?

canj00digit? All my days in a daze...

Mike (OregonGlassBlower on iOffer) will make you one and you'll have it very quick. He makes and ships very quickly. I just had him make 22.5 and 32.5 angle adapters for me and they're on their way downunder.
    JoeKickass and Tstat like this.
  24. ENTicedByDaHerb

ENTicedByDaHerb Member

Gahh I can't believe it! Am I really gonna go to a $120 cheaper model now?? Why couldn't I have thought about this before...haha. The dewars do just make sense for the Evo don't they? If all I want to use for the rest of my life is an Evo and a glass, might as well go with the ones that kinda go together, right?

What about the Clear? Will it have clearance? And Reti or Matrix for Evo?
  25. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

I personally think the clear pairs better with the cloud, the sizes of the bubbler and the vape match up better and are a better aesthetic pairing IMO, and I personally prefer my clear to my ion, so functionally I'd say the clear wins there too.

Another piece to consider could be one of the mobius nano/strato tubes.
    I prefer the bubblers, but the tubes are still very nice pieces :nod:

Maybe some of these posts will help you decide :)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors