Best glass for Cloud?

530rasta

It's not so much function doesn't matter, it's more: it's easy to get a functioning piece, but you just don't fall in love... When the right worked piece comes along you just know you won't ever sell it :D

Yea that pretty much sums up how i feel about it. TBH I cant say that I notice too many intricacies and differences between this and that ect. Sure one might have a bit of a harder or softer draw ect. But those dont really matter to me as much as having a unique heady piece of art, that cant be replicated easily, and gets my brain moving in sync with the colors and curves ect.

I may just be old school, granted im not old, but I went to college in Chico, CA and grew up in the Bay Area going to head shops like Big Als', Zebra (lol), Blaze N J's ect (back when blazenj's was upstairs and just a tiny glass booth in a poorly lit/ventilated attic lol). I saw stuff that blew my mind for that age, and then i got out of college and Operation Pipe Dreams hit, and lots of stuff disappeared, busts ect. It seemed this art was powerful enough to scare babylon and make them make a move, which is a big thing imo.

So when i see heady stuff it reminds me of what this is all about, this counter culture movement. And the og artists who put their ass on the line to make functional pieces of art for us herb smokers/vaporist to enjoy. Their unique stamp..

That being said when I see the scientific glass blow up, I see a mersh market being cranked out for the masses of kids and young adults and a tiny few of older folk. I do understand though, diff strokes for diff folks.

I do enjoy heady scientific stuff b/c it puts a uniqueness to a piece. It makes it say "Hello!". I dunno...i guess its kinda like living in the city versus the country. City life you can have just as you want, but country has more curves and unknown around the corner...more birds and animals that sing and gallop, less straight angles and concrete and glass ect...

Im not hating though and if you enjoy it , more power to ya. I just wanted to clarify my stance a bit, if only to take my own mind down a little history of my own. I must admit sssdh in the morning makes for heady conversation hehe.

Humpf, to me a "heady piece" looks childish, gaudy, and most importantly, overpriced. Can you imagine a serious wine connoisseur sipping their fine Pinot Noir from a jewel-encrusted pimp cup?

I think it's great the artists are able to express themselves, and make their pockets fat. But that look ain't for everybody.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I personally think the clear pairs better with the cloud, the sizes of the bubbler and the vape match up better and are a better aesthetic pairing IMO, and I personally prefer my clear to my ion, so functionally I'd say the clear wins there too.

Another piece to consider could be one of the mobius nano/strato tubes.
I prefer the bubblers, but the tubes are still very nice pieces :nod:

Maybe some of these posts will help you decide :)

Fantastic post, @Frederick McGuire. :clap:
Thanks!
Couldn't get a better explanation and display on the differences between the Matrix and the Reti.
I was going to get a Matrix Clear when I sell my ION but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Reti.
Considering how much I enjoy the 60B and it's turbulence I think the Reti bub would please me more.

edit: My opinion on heady vs highly functional scientific.
I like highly diffused pieces, I take large hits at high temps.
I will not sacrifice high function for heady but if you can give me both I am all there.
Problem is they don't often mix and when they do they're very high dollar.
That said, I did just receive a heady Colie recycler which I am loving.
It's a beautiful piece of art and I love to stare at it while I am flying high :)
But it also functions pretty damn well for a recycler in it's price range so I don't feel like
I sacrificed much function in order to get a heady piece.

Last edited:
canj00digit?,

Hexi

Heady glass is fine, but I don't like rainbows and tie dye type designs so that excludes 99% of it from my radar. I also have a scientific background so clear glass lets me play-pretend at being in the lab again, without any of the dangerous chemicals and radiation!

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
You are all wrong.

The best glass for the Cloud is definitely the "Cloud Buddy". :);):lol:

I'm using mine inverted right now for best flavor and ease of use. Priming my Matrix Clear every session really makes my tooth hurt. So until I get this sucker pulled, I'm going in dry. Heh.

mlo4sho

Another vote for the Ion Matrix. Recently, though, I haven't been able to put my EFS Donut tube away. It's just the perfect size for flowers and provides such a smooth hit. Nearly zero drag once you get it firing and with the size of the can you can get insane-milky hits.

grokit

well-worn member
Blaze bong.
BLA%20107-29_0.jpg

Perfectly proportioned for an inverted cloud, no CB necessary.

But I do like rainbows as well:
Grace-Glass-Ziggi-Stemless-Shower-Head-Diffuser-Bubbler-g.jpg

Can't wait to try it with the cloud.

Hippies unite and take back the rainbow!
:D

bassplayer

It's all in what you prefer - I have a wimpy throat (though it will not pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today..) and while I loved the look of a Matrix Ion, I sold the Ion because I was using my Matrix Clear more. Now I almost always use either my Matrix Clear or a Peyote Pillar (hollowfoot, tons of water). There is absolutely more diffusion and less flavor but I'm OK with that since I don't cough nearly as much.

bassplayer,
Reactions: exit

530rasta

I just got a darby worked 10mm mini inline donut, so pinner lol def not cloud worthy heehee,

530rasta,

exit

Hydratube only for the cloud. The cloud was MADE for hydratubes. I shake my head every time i see a Cloud upside down in a bong

(e: you guys know i vaped a cloud upside down out of a bong for months before getting a hydratube? :lol::whip::whip:)

Last edited:
exit,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hydratube only for the cloud. The cloud was MADE for hydratubes. I shake my head every time i see a Cloud upside down in a bong
:disgust:
And I shake my head at your head shaking. ;)

And if I may be a bit pedantic, I'm pretty sure the cloud was made for all glassware, and hydratubes are just a specialized piece of glassware made for the cloud...

exit

:disgust:
And I shake my head at your head shaking. ;)

And if I may be a bit pedantic, I'm pretty sure the cloud was made for all glassware, and hydratubes are just a specialized piece of glassware made for the cloud...
The car I drive was made to be driven on a tight winding road course. Remarkably it is also a ton of fun on the street.

Variety is the spice of life. Live a little.

Hehe sorry guys. Sarcasm doesn't travel well thru text. I am only joking :)

As the owner of both a ford fiesta 6 speed and a iron block engine chevy suburban i know where you're coming from ;)

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...

You must really get your head shaking when you see that video of Stonemonkey ripping a Cloud inverted through a Matrix ION. You'd think the inventor would know better! :)

edit: lol DOH! led astray by the missed sarcasm. My bad. Here let's enjoy this video anyway:

Sarcasm eh? I missed my chance to get all up in arms, shucks. But on the real tip, I think the old cloud does work mo betta upside down. For me the ideal piece is still the good old devastator. Pitty they don't still make em...

530rasta

heady glass ftw!

how do you guys know what is what on a scientific from the pics? to me they all look the same...

530rasta,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Anyone who's not using their Cloud with some good glass is doing themselves a real huge disservice imfo. I own quite a few vapes and a decent amount of glass and for sheer cannabis *effect*, nothing touches an OG Cloud paired with some high quality glass. Shit, I just now ripped two bowls through my tiny SG Recycler and I am straight up fucking HIGH as fuck right now. Even after a year and a half this thing still never ceases to amaze me.
Straight up - the original handmade runaway firmware OG ticker Clouds are simply on a whole. 'nother. level. I know I'm coming off like I'm waxing poetic on and on about this, but you have to realize the VXC Cloud is like the Bugatti Veyron of vapes. It's not the end all be all, but the high it produces is extremely unique to it. Extremely cerebral and leaves your eyes looking beyond stoned. This device is what ultimately led me to give up combusting 100% altogether. That in itself is saying something!

Top Bottom