1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Best cartridges for distillate

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Kanna_Kult, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

Haha yeah @MegaMan2k, slightly befuddled there- I found them cheaper elsewhere after I'd ordered them basically.

Using shatter in these. Tried a first run last night, seem to be doing the job so far!

2. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

3. dorkus_molorkus

dorkus_molorkus Well-Known Member

sup peeps? Ima having some issues with my vaporesso drizzle & figured this might be the best place to ask.

sigh, it doesnt matter what I put in this fucker it just leaks into the bottom under the coil then fills up the post resulting in bubbling oil. which is fine if I was protecting a medieval castle from some sort of barbarian, but im not.

distillate, bho thinned a little with farm to vape, normal ejuice doesnt matter the bottom of this thing just fills up. Im currently running bho thinned a tiny, tiny bit with farm to vape. Im cleaning this fucker nearly twice a day & swapping out the coil as well.

is it a dud?

is it operator error?

Do I have a learning disability?

then there is the attys/coils. I did a light soak for a few hrs in ISO of some used ones, when I replaced it into the drizzle it still had a slight clog in it. is there anyway to safely clean these things properly? FYI I i tried to do a burn off of the slight clog. I cooked the atty & the atty dieded RIP atty.

I really wanna like this thing, but jeez its bumming me out

@invertedisdead
    @grampa_herb

I have noticed you guys have had some past input regarding the drizzle, any thoughts?

TIA

D_M

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. grampa_herb

grampa_herb Imaginary member

It's happened to me when I did not screw things on tight enough.

Also, for a while I was using lower wattage like 7-8W. It tasted better there, but did start to accumulate below. Now I use my default setting of 15W on a Tarot Nano and have not seen it since.

I almost always experience some clogging with my 1st draw, but I use pretty thick distillate. @macbill you have a Drizzle. Does it clog?

Have not tried cleaning and reusing the coils, just replacing them every 2 months or so.

Picked up this Drizzle Fit Kit recently The battery is smaller, the Omni board is simpler as it has only 3 settings. I keep it under my pillow at night. The Tarot Nano would be asking me questions in the middle of the night like "Is this a new tank?" and I would have to deal with buttons and screens and shit. With this one I just squeeze the trigger.

[​IMG]

5. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Yes, my Drizzle seems clogged a tad at start up, then opens up . I was using distillate and a non-winterized Charlette's Web combo, so I assume I have a waxy build-up.

dorkus_molorkus and grampa_herb like this.
  6. rouxdy

rouxdy Active Member

Probably not the right thread, but hopefully some of the folks here can help... would cutting 1g of distillate with .5g of diy vape oil work with the ccell 510 carts? The vape oil would be 80% everclear and 20% vg recipe with all the everclear evaporated.

7. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

Distillate will work in a Ccell without dilution.

Megaton, macbill and Vicki like this.
  8. rouxdy

rouxdy Active Member

Good to know, thanks.

Is there anything about the two "liquids" that would be a problem if they were mixed together?

9. dorkus_molorkus

dorkus_molorkus Well-Known Member

hi again, thanks for the info.
    I should have clarified Im using the drizzle fit.

well, I was.

I have at this point abandoned it, the experience is just that poor.
    I think i have a wax clog issue as I used as little farm to vape thinner as possible. The usage is also off the charts as well.
    Im getting oil in my mouth ffs & its hot splatters of oil too.
    Like pop rocks but with a BDSM fetish.

So for now its back to the yocan torch & a dropper till i get this sorted. The drizzle just cant cope with the crap im putting thru it I suspect.

trim run bho thinned with a little farm to vape.(too waxy) Im really struggling with the correct ratio bho/thinner. its either too thin or too thick, but either way the ceramic seems to clog up quick.

I was using ccell carts but they crap out after one or 2 uses with the same issues.

back to the drawing board i expect.

thanks for the help everyone. :tup:

10. grampa_herb

grampa_herb Imaginary member

Please keep us posted. :)

One other thing I dislike about the Drizzle is the twisting airflow slot. If tight and gunked up it is difficult to open without starting to unscrew from the post instead. The Veco has 2 slots permanently open, which I would prefer.

11. TomBstoned

TomBstoned Active Member

Sounds like there is an airleak. Tank isnt sealing tight. Maybe your missing an o ring on the top or something. Definitely sounds like you don't have vacuum on the tank.

grampa_herb likes this.
  12. TomBstoned

TomBstoned Active Member

It shouldn't mix. Vg is water based. The vg and distillate won't mix.

13. d:\program

d:\program Member

Adobewan likes this.
  14. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

15. d:\program

d:\program Member

16. clusterone

clusterone New Member

I'm thinking of getting a Vaporesso GT CCell coil + compatible tank for use with thick distillate in my vape. This seems to be the most recommended setup from what I've gathered so far but would love to hear if anyone has any other recommendations.

The most important thing to me is finding a setup that doesn't leak, but it would be nice if there is a minimal amount of clogging as well. Not sure if my expectations are too high though :lol:

17. arthritisbites

arthritisbites Well-Known Member

I just placed an order for 100 ccell TH2 cartridges, Best price I could find, $2.76 each at that quantity. 1ml Glass with ceramic tip is what I ordered, but they have other iterations . I’ll let you know how they are after they arrive!

https://hamiltondevices.com/product...with-threaded-black-ceramic-mouthpiece-th210/

MegaMan2k likes this.
  18. kakoon

kakoon Member

I would recommend checking out vladdin re and their kush pods

Works pretty good with pure very thick bho (I assume it would be even better with c02), doesnt clog too much especially if thinned a bit and very stealthy form factor with regular pods good for nic salts as well

https://www.vladdinvapor.com/vladdin-kush-pod.html

macbill and Easywider like this.
  19. arthritisbites

So far, so good! They work beautifully and hit like a monster! I heated up the syringe with a hair dryer for about 5 to 10 seconds, and that made it infinitely easier to load the cartridges. I also let them soak in for a few days before firing up, to make sure it had really been absorbed. I’ve burned out cartridges before because I didn’t wait long enough. Have not attempted to refill yet, Report back when I do. But otherwise, I definitely recommend this supplier :tup:

20. PoopMachine

PoopMachine Well-Known Member

I ordered a few of these to use with distillate. Im paying way too much for carts when I can just get empties and transfer distillate to them.

arthritisbites likes this.
  21. arthritisbites

Exactly! even with the cost of the cartridges, I’m saving almost 50% on the price of my medication. It’s crazy. And honestly, these cartridges are a lot better quality than a lot of the ones I’ve gotten from the dispensaries. I decided not to try to refill them because the mess wasn’t Worth it for me, and I don’t see an easy way to clean these, so for me they are one and done. But looking forward to see if anyone else tries it!

I think it would have to have some kind of cleaning because it gets hard to draw on some of them towards the end because of build up, but I don’t know if it’s just in the mouthpiece or in the mechanism itself - it may be easy to Swipe out with a Q-tip or something but I’m not going to attempt it

I would like to recommend that if you get the 1ML size cartridges that you also get 16 gauge by 1 1/2 inches blunt needles...They are invaluable for filling and making sure the material reaches the very bottom

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors