Best cartridges for distillate

Tranquility

@ChooChooCharlie do you get clogging with the Pax Era? I'm thinking of picking one up but still on the fence with the extra price per gram. Figure it might be worth it if the flavor is more consistent though. I noticed Select is starting to fill pods too. Where would you rank the Era amongst the rest of these pens?

I guess at $50 a gram by the time you fill a cart you're not saving much. Seems like disty goes for $20 a gram in other legal states. Yay California! :rolleyes: :lol:
I've tried both the Stiiizy and the Pax and neither is really high on flavor. Pax is better, but, not enough to really matter. Different ones taste differently. My favorite of the pre-filled pods so far has been Bloom Farms Durban Poision in the Pax. @florduh has a fairly long post on the difference between the two pods in another thread and I agree with it in detail. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

Tried contacting some of the processors directly to see where I might find some higher quality oil, and haven't gotten any responses.
I don't know the rule in Oregon, but, in CA, the regulatory system is set up for consumers to buy from the retail licenses. It would be illegal to buy from a manufacturer unless you had the proper license. If the regulatory scheme is similar in your state, they might be thinking you're a cop trying to see if they have the pre-disposition to commit cannabis crimes.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I don't know the rule in Oregon, but, in CA, the regulatory system is set up for consumers to buy from the retail licenses. It would be illegal to buy from a manufacturer unless you had the proper license. If the regulatory scheme is similar in your state, they might be thinking you're a cop trying to see if they have the pre-disposition to commit cannabis crimes.

I was afraid they might interpret it that way, but really I'm just trying to find which dispensaries might carry what I'm looking for (if it exists at all). The way their menus are setup, it's impossible to know unless I call or visit each and every one individually.

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie do you get clogging with the Pax Era? I'm thinking of picking one up but still on the fence with the extra price per gram. Figure it might be worth it if the flavor is more consistent though. I noticed Select is starting to fill pods too. Where would you rank the Era amongst the rest of these pens?

I guess at $50 a gram by the time you fill a cart you're not saving much. Seems like disty goes for $20 a gram in other legal states. Yay California! :rolleyes: :lol:

Very good point. Don't think I've had a clog on the Era. What's their secret??

Clogs are annoying, feel like I'll burst a vessel sucking out some cart clogs.

The OVNS JC01 (catchy name, eh?) clogs, but just need a brief huff to clear

The instructions for the OVNS are written in Changlish. This one belongs in the taken out of context thread:

"Make sure to wear silicone plug..."

I always do

And here they are covering their butts, or wiping them, can't decide from the text:

"After using for a while, the contact site between atomizer and battery accumulate few condensate, it is normal physical phenomenon of liquidation. Vaper can wipe it up after pulling up the catomizer."

Wow. Vaper can wipe it up ... "it must use the lotion"

Catomizer, liquidation ... the next time I wake up in restraints, after having peed myself, I can tell the psych nurse that it is normal physical phenomenon of liquidation

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Very good point. Don't think I've had a clog on the Era. What's their secret??

Clogs are annoying, feel like I'll burst a vessel sucking out some cart clogs.

The OVNS JC01 (catchy name, eh?) clogs, but just need a brief huff to clear

The instructions for the OVNS are written in Changlish. This one belongs in the taken out of context thread:

"Make sure to wear silicone plug..."

I always do

And here they are covering their butts, or wiping them, can't decide from the text:

"After using for a while, the contact site between atomizer and battery accumulate few condensate, it is normal physical phenomenon of liquidation. Vaper can wipe it up after pulling up the catomizer."

Wow. Vaper can wipe it up ... "it must use the lotion"

Catomizer, liquidation ... the next time I wake up in restraints, after having peed myself, I can tell the psych nurse that it is normal physical phenomenon of liquidation

I've only bought some ROVE and Interstate 710 carts so far, the 710's are actually quite impressive (I've bought their platinum kush and cookies, their 'terp sauce' cart was a bit weird and harsh) and the ROVE's which are unclear as to their vintage... this is the whole 'not legal packaging', no CA stamp, no LABS on the products I've received from a delivery service with my 215 Rec issue that seems to be very widespread (ROVE wasn't too keen on answering questions about their packaging either)... this stuff still TESTED clean, but I think they were older versions of their carts, as they clogged... the newer ones seem better.
The Ccell style carts seems to be best, no wicks, ceramic, steel and glass.
But good lord... can we have some effin' syringes? I know HoneyVape had syringes, but as to whether anyone STOCKS them... good luck finding out on that horror show they call weedmaps :(

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Drizzle fans, alert!

vaporesso_drizzle_fit_40w_starter_kit_back_side.jpg

I've been lurking this topic for a while and thought I'd chime in. I recently bought the Vaporesso Drizzle Fit Starter Kit. Don't know if most are aware, Vaporesso updated their Drizzle starter kit with a brand new side firing 40W variable voltage with a 1400mAh mod that can detect the resistance of coil. This is a solidly built tiny mod that is VERY discreet! It is even smaller than pic above - can be entirely cupped hidden in palm of hand. The tank is 18mm wide and holds 1.8mL.

My friend makes really thick bho/glycol vape mix which requires good carts like CCells. Those were great but wanted something that could hold more on the go. Found I needed to thin his mix out a bit with a little added PG/VG but I'm pleased with performance so far. Much less wasteful than the Veco. It is super easy to replace coil! Just turn tank over, unscrew tank base, pull out old coil, and pop in new. That simple without wasting any precious concentrate vape mix!

vaporesso_drizzle_fit_40w_starter_kit_tank.jpg

Purchasing Note: First I tried to order through Fast Tech but after order was in "Pre-order" limbo for over 2 months, I cancelled it and ordered from Element Vape for $27.95 on sale right now. Arrived in 5 days.

vaporesso_drizzle_tank_structure.jpg

They have the starter kits and the 1.3ohm Ceramic Mini EUC SS316L (9 to 13W) replacement coil 5 packs for $7.95 (on sale in stock) or can buy just the Drizzle MTL Tank by itself for $19.95 (on sale). With replaceable coils only costing $1.59 per coil, that turns out to be much cheaper than buying CCell cartridges in the long run if you are more than a casual concentrate vaper.

vaporesso_mini_euc_replacement_coils.jpg

Like others have noted, the Drizzle has top air flow that can be closed for extra protection from leaking when travelling. So far, I haven't experienced any leaking. Also has 3 voltage settings (Hi, Med, Low), color 3 level battery led indicator, proper venting, and safety features. Unlike pen batteries, this is very stable on soft surfaces - won't topple over when set down. This is such a great pocket-able device I ordered 2 more so always have one fully charged ready to go. For no fuss, no muss on the go - get one!

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Drizzle fans, alert!

Thanks for this. My Drizzle order was caught up in FastTech limbo too, so I cancelled and ordered from another site with this kit.

I'll be testing the Drizzle and Orion soon... my kitchen is currently under construction so it'll have to be after I finish that up.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Well, unfortunately my experiments so far haven't been terribly successful. I'm having a hard time with the consistency of the rosin after it's been decarbed. I've added ~4 drops of terpenes per gram of rosin, but it's looking like that probably needs to be a higher ratio, which I'm not thrilled about.

The only way I've had success in the Orion is after adding a few drops of MCT to the mixture and I'd prefer to avoid that if I can. Otherwise, it's just too thick to wick properly. My test pulls with the MCT were nice and flavorful, however, and the Orion performed great. If I can just find a way to thin out my rosin (which I know has been discussed at length here), it seems like it'd be a winner. In the meantime, I'm probably going to try using a syringe to empty some carts of CO2 oil into one of the Orion pods.

subway13029

I’m super interested in the Orion for distillate..as the best things so far are the vfire and the ccells...I actually like Juul pods better than the era pods..to me their era pods don’t taste good at all..

subway13029,

subway13029

That's interesting, I just moved to an Era and I'm liking it better than the ccells I was using. What temp are you using?
i tried all the temps but it could be the pods..im in fl and only 1 company makes them so far and i wasnt impressed..i like big hits and the vfire and ccells give me big hits and great taste..era seemed a little restricted..i still have mine and will try once more pods from other companies then i will try again..they arent as easy to refill as other pods..im super intrigued by the orion lost vape dna pod system but it uses cotton wick i believe which we need ceramic..for some reason the ccell dart has been supposed to be released for ages now but still not avsilable..i saw review videos 8 months ago..

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
i tried all the temps but it could be the pods..im in fl and only 1 company makes them so far and i wasnt impressed..i like big hits and the vfire and ccells give me big hits and great taste..era seemed a little restricted..i still have mine and will try once more pods from other companies then i will try again..they arent as easy to refill as other pods..im super intrigued by the orion lost vape dna pod system but it uses cotton wick i believe which we need ceramic..for some reason the ccell dart has been supposed to be released for ages now but still not avsilable..i saw review videos 8 months ago..

I’m not impressed with the Pax pods either, and they are expensive as hell.

Vicki,
Reactions: mixchu69

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Reminds me of black and tan pours. Yum

Black-n-Tan-Cart.jpg

Edit: Love the instructions. Wait 15 minutes... yeah, and "Repeat until the desired effect is achieved"

What do you think of the OutCo carts compared to Brite Labs? That's my current go-to for Co2 extracts.

I’m not impressed with the Pax pods either, and they are expensive as hell.

I'm getting them for $30. Haven't had a single clog yet with my Pax. I honestly can't really see going back to CCells. The full temperature control suite with the compact form factor is amazing. I think the cotton prefilter in the Ccells may be one reason why I prefer the Era performance. It seems to wick better in my opinion.

abby

I'm about to buy my first device, but I can't tell which I should pick, the Veco, Drizzle, NRG SE or Cascade Mini. How noticeable is the difference between the top airflow and bottom airflow tanks? Are the sub ohm tanks 'wasteful'?

I plan to use thick, uncut, unflavoured distillate. Will that work in these three tanks?

Also, they will work with an evic basic, right?

Thanks.

abby,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I'm about to buy my first device, but I can't tell which I should pick, the Veco, Drizzle, NRG SE or Cascade Mini. How noticeable is the difference between the top airflow and bottom airflow tanks? Are the sub ohm tanks 'wasteful'?

I plan to use thick, uncut, unflavoured distillate. Will that work in these three tanks?

Also, they will work with an evic basic, right?

Thanks.

I can vouch for using thick stuff in the Veco and Drizzle. My consumption doubles with the Veco for some reason.

grampa_herb,

abby

I'm hesitating buying the drizzle/veco... I want something that is as similar to my Ccell TH2 as possible... and the ccell th2 have bottom airflow, so by that logic the nrg/cascade should be the most similar. I've heard the veco/drizzle have problems if the tank isn't half full at all times. How easy is it to end up leaking with the nrg/cascade?

abby,

Hoosier

I'm hesitating buying the drizzle/veco... I want something that is as similar to my Ccell TH2 as possible... and the ccell th2 have bottom airflow, so by that logic the nrg/cascade should be the most similar. I've heard the veco/drizzle have problems if the tank isn't half full at all times. How easy is it to end up leaking with the nrg/cascade?
Loving my NRG SE after using nothing but ccell .5ml for the previous year

ChooChooCharlie

What do you think of the OutCo carts compared to Brite Labs? That's my current go-to for Co2 extracts.

Guess I posted in wrong thread, Outco apparently doesn't "distill" in the conventional way?

Budtender recommended the Outco. This is my first, and it certainly looks different. THC % is relatively low, but flavor is good. Obviously I need to buy a few more Outco carts, just to see if they all look like this.

About the OVNS JC01, after tossing the first pod after 3 fills, filled a new pod. Oil spitting stopped, so problem must have been with the pod after steady use. Instructions say to replace after a couple weeks, so maybe that means 3 fills? Era has better flow design with two holes, but the OVNS form factor and ruggedness is great. Ordered a Feather for kicks, kinda looks like the Hanu

ChooChooCharlie,
Top Bottom