Best cartridges for distillate

Smoke1ForMe

Ok got my drizzle and filled it up with a gram of really thick distillate. I am using the ceramic coil and it doesn’t taste as good as I was expecting. I think the distillate might be too thick because I get a coil taste. If I heat up the oil using a hair dryer it performs much better but doesn’t seeem to last once it cools back down.

Any suggestions on how to improve the flavor? I am using the standard battery that came with the kit.

Smoke1ForMe,

Adobewan

Ok got my drizzle and filled it up with a gram of really thick distillate. I am using the ceramic coil and it doesn’t taste as good as I was expecting. I think the distillate might be too thick because I get a coil taste. If I heat up the oil using a hair dryer it performs much better but doesn’t seeem to last once it cools back down.

Any suggestions on how to improve the flavor? I am using the standard battery that came with the kit.
@Smoke1ForMe If it's anything like the Veco, @grampa_herb and @420democrat posts may be of help.

Some of their tips for the Veco that might apply:
-Be sure to soak the coil for a while(wouldn't hurt to leave it overnight).
-Be sure the tank is screwed on tight and you aren't leaking into the device.
-Keep the tank at least half full(I know, that's a lot of distillate in a 4ml tank).
-Keep the retainer ring clean with a little ISO.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes. The Drizzle has been on my radar.

Adobewan,

Smoke1ForMe

@Smoke1ForMe If it's anything like the Veco, @grampa_herb and @420democrat posts may be of help.

Some of their tips for the Veco that might apply:
-Be sure to soak the coil for a while(wouldn't hurt to leave it overnight).
-Be sure the tank is screwed on tight and you aren't leaking into the device.
-Keep the tank at least half full(I know, that's a lot of distillate in a 4ml tank).
-Keep the retainer ring clean with a little ISO.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes. The Drizzle has been on my radar.

Thanks for the reply. I think I definitely need to let it soak longer got a little too excited when I first got it and probably only gave it a few minutes to soak.

When my extra coils come from fasttech I think I’ll try changing the coil and then let it sit over night to soak.

One other question, does it matter how the coil sits? Do I have to line up the white holes? Thanks guys!

Smoke1ForMe,

biohacker

Hey guys, been searching for some sort of tips for my distillate syringes so I can actually fill my vape710 carts. Do you guys attach any sort of syringe tips or something as to get it where it needs to be? Some have rather short or blunt ends. Thanks!

biohacker,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey guys, been searching for some sort of tips for my distillate syringes so I can actually fill my vape710 carts. Do you guys attach any sort of syringe tips or something as to get it where it needs to be? Some have rather short or blunt ends. Thanks!

These?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112583175192

shopping

biohacker

The one's I've been using are 18ga 1/2" blunt tip luer lock needles, purple color luer lock. I think they're too small, I almost wish I had some 14ga versions.

They fit on these type of syringes that distillate comes in

Upon my searching i've seen 14-15ga suggested... That's awesome that they fit on those, as I have some. But I also have this style, with the cap kinda twists off, and then you pull off a little rubber thing.

https://www.canadaweeddispensary.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Phyto-THC-Distilliate-2-1.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

biohacker

You rock bro! I was kinda scared to even ask...I searched but came up short. I was pretty bummed on my first fill...lost nearly a gram of disty, but I at least was wise enough to use my cheapest stuff. It wasn't on the vape710 cart though, it was on a cheap Puma vape refill cart...although my fault for ramming the tip into tube, and breaking the glass! :bang:

EDIT! Went with these https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10pcs-Blunt...054056?hash=item28583c88e8:g:0dwAAOSwV6ta2YjR

Last edited:

TomBstoned

Strait distillate? No added terps at all?
Haven't used strait distillate. I think Laycool does. I think he said he doesn't really care about flavor, just effect, but prolly dosent taste real good. I've made real thick and kinda thin with bho/treezx/terps. I'm want flavor and effect.
I don't have access to distillate now, but if I did i would only add canna derived terps. I've found 1 drop per .5gram of distillate is perfect for me.

Smoke1ForMe

Strait distillate? No added terps at all?
Haven't used strait distillate. I think Laycool does. I think he said he doesn't really care about flavor, just effect, but prolly dosent taste real good. I've made real thick and kinda thin with bho/treezx/terps. I'm want flavor and effect.
I don't have access to distillate now, but if I did i would only add canna derived terps. I've found 1 drop per .5gram of distillate is perfect for me.

There are terps added. It’s honey vape if you are familiar with it. Yeah it’s more of the coil taste that I want to get away from. I am hoping it will be better with a new coil and letting it soak longer.

Smoke1ForMe,

TomBstoned

There are terps added. It’s honey vape if you are familiar with it. Yeah it’s more of the coil taste that I want to get away from. I am hoping it will be better with a new coil and letting it soak longer.
Right on. I think these coils will have a long life with distillate. Lotta stuff im using isn't dewaxed..but is excellent quality otherwise, so I'm changing coils with each tank refill. I'll get it winterized as soon as I can. But for now I'm making it thick. Least amount of treesx to make it flow ok. I would consider looking into true terps viscosity, to thin distillate a little more for the drizzle. Or if using on a battery like my eleaf 20w drop it to 2.5v to preheat the coil a lil, then up to 3.6-3.7v I'm all for so experimentation if it worth it. This device is definitely worth it for me. I've had great flavor and not the best flavor, but haven't had any waste/leaked material at all.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
One thing that really helps the flavor is using a mod with TC. I have been using 316SS TC at 8.0W and 380° F with pretty good results.

It still tastes like distillate, which is sorta blah, but at least it doesn't taste burnt!

I think the factory battery is a little too powerful for our purposes.

Smoke1ForMe

One thing that really helps the flavor is using a mod with TC. I have been using 316SS TC at 8.0W and 380° F with pretty good results.

It still tastes like distillate, which is sorta blah, but at least it doesn't taste burnt!

I think the factory battery is a little too powerful for our purposes.

Yeah I was thinking I should try it on my pico. I’ll test it out tonight, thanks!

Smoke1ForMe,

LayKool

Personally I use distillate with no added flavors, it has no taste but it gets the job done which is the whole point of using it. What I do is place the tank in my toaster oven at 150F when I fill it, makes it easier to fill and assures that the coil is saturated.

Adobewan

I've looked and looked, thought I saw mention of being able to burn off the Veco Solo ceramic coils.
Can anyone direct me to that post or better yet, how the burn off is done?
TIA

Adobewan,

florduh

I've looked and looked, thought I saw mention of being able to burn off the Veco Solo ceramic coils.
TIA

I'm fairly certain Vaporesso's cCell coils still have some organic cotton in them. I think a dry burn wouldn't work without rebuilding.

florduh,
Reactions: Adobewan

slozukimc

Check out the imini mod. It is tiny! It has a preheat mode for thick oil and is designed for the ccell carts.
I ordered some samples and am quite impressed so far.

slozukimc,

DMBVapes

I'm getting my drizzle tomorrow I would like to buy the tank on its own but cant seem to find it sold as just the tank. Anyway they should come in tomorrow morning super excited to try it out. I had the liberty v9 mailed in today but dont think i will use them haha. I had ordered the v9 and then i found out about the drizzle.

LayKool

TIA

I think the remove the cotton from the coil experiment was a bust from what I read.

LayKool,
Reactions: Adobewan

DMBVapes

Has anyone tried to use the .3 ohm coils in the drizzle. I know they are bigger but there seems to be some room in the drizzle maybe it will fit.

DMBVapes,

LayKool

Has anyone tried to use the .3 ohm coils in the drizzle. I know they are bigger but there seems to be some room in the drizzle maybe it will fit.

Even if that coil could fit, it would not work very well if at all. If you want sub ohm, go with the NRG Mini tank.

LayKool,

Kanna_Kult

So it seems like the drizzle, NRG mini, and veco are the most popular options. What excatly are the differences? Which work best with thicker oil like raw distillate and which with thinner liner shatter/terps?

Kanna_Kult,

LayKool

So it seems like the drizzle, NRG mini, and veco are the most popular options. What excatly are the differences? Which work best with thicker oil like raw distillate and which with thinner liner shatter/terps?

Add the Cascade Mini to that list...

I use only thick liquid and all of those tanks work well but my favorites are the Drizzle for MTL and the NRG or Cascade Mini for DTL. The Veco is fine too but the GT coil in the NRG and the Cascade gives you a smooth hit with a lot of vapor. Keep in mind I'm also using a Vaporesso Swag and using CCW, custom control wattage with a curve that goes from 5w to 21w and back to 5w.

One word about the Cascade Mini...

It's a 3.5ml tank and though they advertise a 2ml tank (what I wanted), they send you the 3.5ml tank with an insert that limits the volume of the tank to 2ml. Not exactly great to look at as it's tricky to know how much you have in it if you fill it with 1ml of oil. The tank sits on top of the coil which has its on section and almost all of 1ml won't be visible to you.

LayKool,
Top Bottom