AVS m22

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
@JCat I wasn't speaking of normal current shunt monitoring that most mods use to calculate resistance.

There is a pretty common and simple electronics trick in that you can use any diode (semiconductor) in a circuit as a temperature sensor as long as you know the bias, it is pretty common to use in-die on CPUs. I have used the Texas Instruments lm 95235 in a design before which called for something similar.

The picture posted with the gold contacts just brings to mind some Schottky diodes we looked at not too long ago for a customer who needed a high power application, some of the newer Diodes are basically Silicon Carbide with vacuum deposited gold layers.

Anyways, I am rambling...

Interesting. The problem I'd anticipate with using the semiconductor properties of SiC as a diode and then using the forward voltage drop change as a temp sensor is that SiC diodes are only good to somewhat under 200°c. And resulting clamp voltage would make any mode, power or tc, a problem for any mod. Or so my modeling leads me to believe. All speculation, at this point tho.

Deleted Member 1643

Brent just posted to r/AdvancedVapeSupply:
We changed the stock coil to Oct-Core FC rather then Hex-Core. This put us at risk of a delay due to having to reprint the manual and packaging. We were looking to be on target to meet 8/31 still, until our ceramic maker notified us last night that there would be a delay with the zirconia housing for the ESCC.

We will update the product page with any updates as they become available, the shipping date is now on or around 9/9/19 for all pre-orders. Please keep in mind we were very transparent about the fact the date could change and the pre-order was only to reserve your place in line. Thank you for understanding and your continued patience as we work around the clock to bring you this groundbreaking new technology! I assure you, all of us here at AVS are as eager if not more to get this in all your hands! (We're also bringing in temp help to get all the pre-orders shipped when the M22 arrives.)

The oct-core is worth the wait. Got a sample of it to try.

octcoreshatter.jpg

Deleted Member 1643

Do these fat coils not impart a taste when you’re vaping? I’ve never enjoyed dabs on coils, too much metallic flavor. Are these made from something with no taste?

Seems to be variation in people's perception of "metallic flavor". Honestly, don't notice anything, but others might. These coils are made from food-grade stainless steel, which many feel is the most neutral, flavor-wise.

IME, coils can produce memorable hits, flavorful and strong. The entire dab is vaporized in a few seconds. At the same time, it's not perfectly consistent between coils, especially TC. It's that intermittent reinforcement that makes it fun - always chasing the next great hit. Also, wrap at least one new coil a day, so it's always fresh. Treat them as disposable. Many vapers use the same coils for weeks, clean them, and keep using them. Won't produce the best performance, IMO.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I might wait for the Black Friday sales, hopefully, all the bugs will be fixed by then.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: shredder

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm pretty sure the owner said you wont get a better deal than the pre order discount. But dont quite me on that.
Yeah but you only get a pre-order discount if you were a previous customer, and if you are like me and aren't interested in "direct-on-coil" devices, and only are interested in bucket style devices, then you wouldn't be a previous customer but may be extremely interested in being a future customer :) (anxiously awaiting my pre-order, did not get the pre-order discount :) )

Edit: Unless the $150 is the pre-order discount price ... if you hunt around there is a coupon code available that worked when I ordered .. not as good as the previous customer price but not bad :tup:

does_not_exist

Edit: Unless the $150 is the pre-order discount price ... if you hunt around there is a coupon code available that worked when I ordered .. not as good as the previous customer price but not bad :tup:

pretty sure no coupon codes are active on the M22 anymore, the accidental coupon code has been gone for a bit.

Edit: incorrect, seems AVS15 works on the M22, look out for codes!

Last edited:

Grifo

Yeah but you only get a pre-order discount if you were a previous customer, and if you are like me and aren't interested in "direct-on-coil" devices, and only are interested in bucket style devices, then you wouldn't be a previous customer but may be extremely interested in being a future customer :) (anxiously awaiting my pre-order, did not get the pre-order discount :) )

Ooooooh yeah I bought there molecule coiless cup that's how I got in.

JCat

Accessory Maker
There was a quartz cup for the M15 that they developed and people ordered and got. They were the first people to get the M22 discount and preorder iirc.
I knew I had missed something ... I don’t remember seeing that here but maybe I just missed it :)

I think I remember seeing something on Reddit but when I went looking on their site I never found anything so assumed it hadn’t been released ...

does_not_exist

The only mention of it is in the video at the start of the thread really, and some threads on reddit. It's been removed from the site due to the issues (i guess? not 100% certain) and i guess they are working on a quartz v2 (from the Part1 video), but i don't know if that's getting released soon alongside the M22 or what.

Brent said the M22 Part 2 video was planned for last week, I'm really hoping the work and build up for it is worth it, we are pretty far into the pre-order without a full video explaining the new tech.

How excited i am for this atomizer feels a little silly, but i always love the build up to getting new things

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
The only mention of it is in the video at the start of the thread really, and some threads on reddit. It's been removed from the site due to the issues (i guess? not 100% certain) and i guess they are working on a quartz v2 (from the Part1 video), but i don't know if that's getting released soon alongside the M22 or what.

Brent said the M22 Part 2 video was planned for last week, I'm really hoping the work and build up for it is worth it, we are pretty far into the pre-order without a full video explaining the new tech.

How excited i am for this atomizer feels a little silly, but i always love the build up to getting new things
I’m sorta’ feeling the same ... definitely a lot of potential as this is a new tech in a lot of ways :)

al bundy

Vaporist
I think previous customer got 33 percent off
I paid 139 for the M22 and the Bubbler
$99 for just the M22 is 33% off

If you use AVS15 that’s what works now It’s $132 with 15’percent off

25% off is $111.00 which I think was the oct discount last year

Top Bottom