AVS m22

Deleted Member 1643

Received a pre-order invitation today. AVS doubled production in anticipation of high demand. Still, they're giving dibs and a discount to Molecule owners.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Smoke1ForMe

Received a pre-order invitation today. AVS doubled production in anticipation of high demand. Still, they're giving dibs and a discount to Molecule owners.

Never bought the molecule so can’t preorder yet. By the time the molecule came around I had completely stopped using coils.

Hopefully they open preorders to everyone at some point.

Smoke1ForMe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Traveler

they just posted the new poseidon on the IG account as well. It has a square base and fits side by side with their sic TC mod.......soooo excited!

I bought a Molecule from HVT but havnt received a pre-order invite 8/

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
they just posted the new poseidon on the IG account as well. It has a square base and fits side by side with their sic TC mod.......soooo excited!

I bought a Molecule from HVT but havnt received a pre-order invite 8/

Can you link the post, I'm not seeing it.

invertedisdead,

Traveler

That looks fucking awesome.

I was so close to ordering a carta last week but I’m definitely going to wait for this now.

I'm over here having bought 2 cartas..
1. Bought carta
2. Warranty Carta, in the meantime buy a Rio Stash
3. Sell warranty replacement carta
4. Drop and break Rio stash
5. Purchase another carta
6 . See m22 info 1 day before 2nd carta delivery...

Wtf....lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Epic!

First wax pen Ive been stoked about in forever.

I'm over here having bought 2 cartas..
1. Bought carta
2. Warranty Carta, in the meantime buy a Rio Stash
3. Sell warranty replacement carta
4. Drop and break Rio stash
5. Purchase another carta
6 . See m22 info 1 day before 2nd carta delivery...

Wtf....lol

I'm on my third carta, so I definitely feel you!

Deleted Member 1643

m22.png

Screen capture. Glad to see the new Poseidon rests on a surface, and it looks like you can grab both together. Not sure about the airflow. Might try to rig something up with DT's bubbler on top.

It looks like that's the big ceramic cup for coils.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If they're trying to temp me, it's working, lol.

Ive been looking forward to a sic dish in a portable for a long time. Is this the one?

It's the first portable that really looks like it will deliver dab quality vapor.

Not just "good for a pen."

Heat's up fast like a coil, cleans up fast like a bucket.

Since the bucket is heated directly, the level of temp control is going to one-up every bucket atomizer device on the market. In a world of e-rigs with 4 temperature settings, the full e-nail style control of this one is going to change the game for us control freaks.

shredder

As I have just started down the concentrate path (New Dabpress and Sic Halo now in use) I can say I am in the same boat as @shredder but have only wanted for a short time...I mean needed for a short time.:haw:

Not sure if it's the rabbit hole or the matrix, but your in it now bud. Ain't no getting out.

And why not? There are advantages to using concentrates. And now with our new tools, with more on the way it's an exciting time for us in the matrix.

money2

Are all the comments here and on reddit based upon prototype demos?

Need to see actual production models demo’d . Since others are also furiously working with SiC and other products will shortly be on the market will be interesting to see how vigorously IP will be protected via threat of litigation and how narrow or broad the IP protection may be in this area .

money2,
Reactions: shredder

Deleted Member 1643

Are all the comments here and on reddit based upon prototype demos?

Good point - probably are getting ahead of ourselves. You should see the excitement on reddit.

AVS quadrupled the first production run, pushing back the release date. Brent sent out the first preorder invitations to customers who purchased the Molecule bucket inserts (a spot at the head of the line is all they're good for, IMO). Many responded within seconds. (Guilty!)

Deleted Member 1643

No reply yet. Brent said he's replying to everyone personally, so it's taking some time.

Found a discussion of price on r/waxpen.
they said around carta/peak prices which means between 200 and 450 for the mod and the atomizer. You'll need the mod to use the atomizer.

AVS Molecule Creator:
We said for everything it will be in that range. That's the mod, the atomizer, the SiC crucible (which is a very expensive material), the bubbler, and the rig attachment.

You don't need our mod for the m22. We strongly recommend it, but the m22 can be used on DNA mods if you already have one.

Everything will be available individually, so you can buy just the RDA and SiC if you wanted.

And this on mod compatibility, from the same thread.
the m22 can be used on DNA mods if you already have one. I did not know that ! That's big.

AVS Molecule Creator:
We always try to make everything very cross compatible! It can be a little tricky to tc the SiC on DNA but not impossible. I used a DNA in the development of our SiC tech but we needed a couple things to be different to get more consistent tc in this configuration. With our SiC tech, using a dna instead of our mod is like using a joyetech mod with coils instead of a DNA with coils if that makes sense. DNA is the best, but they also never designed their chip to tc a semiconductor in a configuration that would normally be a short circuit. I can't say more without giving away too much info though haha

Edit: the SiC in wattage mode gives me better flavor then the coil in tc though.

Deleted Member 1643

I do not yet own a mod as I am just starting on concentrates but from what I have seen $120 for a mod seems a little high (Pico 75w is only $40)

Before the Molecule, AVS was an e-cig specialty wire supplier, and they said the mod outperforms other mods with their e-cig atty as well, so it appears to be cross-compatible. $120 is very expensive for a mod. For those who already have TC mods, it might be worthwhile to see how the m22 works on other mods before purchasing - unless it's discounted in the bundle. There will no doubt be extensive discussion on this point once it's in peoples' hands.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I can absolutely understand the reservations, but I honestly think it's priced pretty fairly when you break everything down. I just spent $250 on the Carta and it can't do half of what the M22 should.

$70 for the bucket is expensive, as much as a D-Nail Halo, but considering this part should last most people forever, it's honestly not too bad when you look at $30-40 replacement atomizers for the Carta or Peak, or even the cost of a single aftermarket insert. Since this bucket is heated directly with no coils to blow, I'm expecting this device to have e-nail level of durability.

For whatever reason the atomizer itself seems like the most expensive part to me, but when I clicked the reddit link and read Brent's post about it being just $10 more than the Molecule + AFC cap, I can't really complain there. I never did buy the AFC for my molecule so I was only in $40 or so, but the AFC comes standard on the M22 and considering the larger size and more complex design the price makes sense. I'm not sure if those prices are retail or the discounted price for previous Molecule owners? Keep in mind this is a "convertible" device which does add value - it can be pocketable with the standard mouthpiece, or a full blown e-nail with bubbler depending on where you are and what you need out of it. Even though I mostly use prefilled carts/pods for on the go, I like the idea of having that versatility.

I was already expecting the mod to be in the $100 range since they are trying to compete with DNA and similar. The M22 will work with other mods, but the main appeal for their mod is going to be the perfect integration of SiC temp control and hands free firing. (like an e-rig) Honestly some of the lower priced mods out there really aren't that high of quality though, I'm anticipating a pretty serious box mod here as AVS has a strong reputation in the Ecig community, and I can assume they've used a ton of the best box mods before deciding to build their own.

However, it's worth nothing that Red Panda/Arctic Fox did just add hands free "Cruise Mode" type session functionality, so the M22 should still work well on other box mods like the Joyetech range that can accept that firmware. That is a little more advanced of a process to configure though. The M22 mod I'm assuming will be pretty seamless to get the bucket configured since they are built around eachother.

Nice thing about the box mod as a power supply is at least your purchase supports something more open source than other more proprietary e-rig setups. It's more versatile in this regard, like an e-nail controller.
I really like the idea that I could easily pair one of those sweet new portable convection atomizers, like the IMPcognito off the same mod. That allows one to pack a pretty damn discreet little setup capable of both flowers and oils at a very high level of performance. I think the mod price is justified depending on where one is at in their setup, I haven't bought a new mod for a while and am due for an upgrade. My last was a Joyetech that ended up being a real clunker, so I've been planning on investing into a premium mod anyways. Somebody who just bought a mod recently is going to be less interested in buying another one right now, and I totally get that.

I'm excited for the full e-nail style temperature control, accessible directly off the device. I'm bored of these other e-rigs with only 4 temp settings. Granted, box mods with TC have been out for years, but never to this degree of functionality with a directly heated bucket that can be dialed in exactly how you like your hits. I know us e-nail guys have all been waiting years for something like this.

I do not yet own a mod as I am just starting on concentrates but from what I have seen $120 for a mod seems a little high (Pico 75w is only $40)
Would this mod be good to run other coils like a Motar or Sai? It would make the overall price a bit better to swallow if it does.

The Pico is a pretty old one, a lot of guys still sell them cause it's one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" things, but it's got a tiny screen positioned vertically, so it's not the easiest to adjust or configure. I believe the M22 mod will accept up to a 21700 cell as well, but I'm not sure on the full specs of the mod yet as nothing that comprehensive has been released yet.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sounds like I have arrived on the scene at just the right time, thanks for your thoughts on the mod price @invertedisdead, I don't mind paying a bit extra for quality, especially with the distance involved to get stuff here, cheaper is not always better.:tup:
The SiC dish price sounded reasonable as a Halo Sic dush is $120

Top Bottom