AtmosRaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, for smokers, AR is the bee's knees so I can see why it's getting attention... but to be marketed as a vaporizer... we've been down this road already. I know the oil community has taken a liking to the AR as well, they can toss a dab down onto the coil and get a fat electric nail hit. Works pretty good for hash too, but you do get some level of combustion. I mainly use the AR for bubble hash, when I feel the urge to hit that, or when I don't want to take my more treasured vapes out and about with me, say to a concert where I stand the possibility of loosing it some how. It is pretty discrete and doesn't take long to get the job done. I still can not consider it a true vaporizer though.

bigsnack

High Times Mag is far too corporate to give fair reviews, IMHO.

they gave the prize for Best New Product of the Year to a credit card sized cheese grater, two years in a row. i guess they hadn't sold them all the first year.
WTF?
which one, cause I think I got one for free when ordering my last vape

bigsnack,

CuttyBuddy

Hey does anyone know if the new 'Nail' cartridges work with the "raw' battery? Thanks

CuttyBuddy,

Sonics420

i own 2 of these pens, black and silver.

sometimes it works for herbs but i have to stir it and mess with it too much, its not sleak convenient or stealthy at all if u have to keep poking at it just to get a hit, u have to be lucky sometimes. i honestly get pissed off at times and want to just throw the pen on the ground..

but then, i tried my bubba hash and kief in it, and ive found a purpose for this pen now.. it works easy and combusts quick with bubba hash and kief, so one hit will have me flying.. and i usually get 4-5 hits off one pack and i only have to stir it once..

im just happy i spent a little over 100 for both of my atmosraws.. sometimes it works good, sometimes it doesnt. wish it would work better with herbs which was my reason for getting it..id be pissed off i spent the 160-180 for it tho..

but now i have my pax coming and 1 of my pens are probably going up for sale. :)

Sonics420,
yeah, for smokers, AR is the bee's knees so I can see why it's getting attention... but to be marketed as a vaporizer... we've been down this road already. I know the oil community has taken a liking to the AR as well, they can toss a dab down onto the coil and get a fat electric nail hit. Works pretty good for hash too, but you do get some level of combustion. I mainly use the AR for bubble hash, when I feel the urge to hit that, or when I don't want to take my more treasured vapes out and about with me, say to a concert where I stand the possibility of loosing it some how. It is pretty discrete and doesn't take long to get the job done. I still can not consider it a true vaporizer though.
are you using the glass filter with your concentrates? I can just put my concentrates on top of the coil and it won't do any damage? let me know!!

I read on an amazon review that this person successfully vaped with the AR- he used a glass filter, put some grinded flowers in, then used a glass screen (for dry pipes) that looked like a jack on top, and screwed it closed. the glass jack supposedly keeps the flowers packed tightly against the AR glass screen and helps with the airflow.. I have yet to try it but it sounds promising

peacelovetrees,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, I've tried all the screens, always ended up with combustion. I just put my bub-hash on the coil directly, but it does get messy, and needs regular attention to keep it from clogging up. Be careful digging around the coil too if you try it.

jambandphan03,

Sonics420

i agree, no matter what u do with the screen u will get combustion or u will jst be suckin ur lungs out trying to hit NOTHING..

i put some rick simpson oil into my atmos tho.. omg.. fuckn works great.. i prolly put about .3 into it and ive been hitting it since yesterday. [probably about 15 hits so far].. still goin strong..

im done using my herbs in this pen lol

Vdiddy

Well, here is what I got the pax to do...with zero combustion.

Is that water pipe made to be used with the PAX or did you need to create an adaptor of some sort. Very interested in this, could you send me any links if possible so i can get my hands on this set up?

Thanks!

Vdiddy,

Kaptan

Is that water pipe made to be used with the PAX or did you need to create an adaptor of some sort. Very interested in this, could you send me any links if possible so i can get my hands on this set up?

Thanks!
Jam is camping so I'll answer in her absence. That is a standard möbius ion bubbler with an adapter on the mouthpiece of the Pax. Check out the Pax thread for more info.

Vdiddy

Kaptan, appreciate the heads up, i really do. May I add that I would appreciate it even more if you could attach a link to the specific thread… that is if its readily available to you with out you having to dig around to find it… I've had one too many attempts at some of the products discussed here and would rather just wait for the answer to arrive on my doorstep, delivered via A.S.A.P

Vdiddy,

Vdiddy

Jam, :tup: , browsed backwards through a few pages, thats going to be some read… l see its a much deeper topic than originally thought.

Vdiddy,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Jam, :tup: , browsed backwards through a few pages, thats going to be some read… l see its a much deeper topic than originally thought.

Hey guys, I just ordered an atmos, got the green one, got an extra heating chamber for $105 directly from atmos, I absolutly love this device for wax dabs! If you give them a call they are really nice people, gave me a great deal, and supposedly have upgraded the rubber button cover.

Soflo,

CuttyBuddy

Hey guys Atmos Raw has certain threading that works out with a lot of other cartridges. I did a video comparing RAW vs mflb and the Pax. Might help you decide what to choose:

CuttyBuddy,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Hey guys, I just ordered an atmos, got the green one, got an extra heating chamber for $105 directly from atmos, I absolutly love this device for wax dabs! If you give them a call they are really nice people, gave me a great deal, and supposedly have upgraded the rubber button cover.
The green model is the one they refer to as a special edition right? Is there a difference between that and a regular AR, or is it the standard model in green?

lesvape,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Its basically the same thing, but the led is green instead of blue, and there is no light under the button, and it comes with an extra heating chamber

Soflo,

elpaso420

does any one or has anyone tried attaching the new g pen glass tanks to the atmos raw battery? I was thinking about getting an AR oil attachment, but the g pen glass tanks seem better. any suggestions, just picked up some prezy goat budda here in florida of all places! I feel like im wasting it by just throwing it on top of the coil. I threw some mr nice guy wax on there maybe a .2 and got like 4 hits only

elpaso420,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
does any one or has anyone tried attaching the new g pen glass tanks to the atmos raw battery? I was thinking about getting an AR oil attachment, but the g pen glass tanks seem better. any suggestions, just picked up some prezy goat budda here in florida of all places! I feel like im wasting it by just throwing it on top of the coil. I threw some mr nice guy wax on there maybe a .2 and got like 4 hits only

I have not seen the new glass tanks, do you have a link? And where in florida are you located? I'm in the ft myers area

Soflo,

doniv

Just went through all the 24 pages of this thread and thought I could add my 2¢ worth.

I'm a n00b to the vapor world - just 3 weeks into it. In the search for a portable vaporizer I found a cheap chinese made Atmos ripoff for $30 shipped. Bought a couple for my friends who liked what they saw.

While following the manufacturer's instructions we were getting combustion so started trying different techniques and finally found one that was giving me lots of vapor. Even though I'm new to vaporizing, the flavour difference between vapor and smoke is very apparent to me, so I know that it was really vapor that I was getting and not smoke.

I packed the chamber almost to the top with well ground herb. This device did not have a screen - the herb sat directly on the heating coil. I used the packing tool to gently pack in the herb and kept the spring in place while screwing the top.

The thing about the heating element is that it gets very hot quite quickly, so the trick is to regulate the temperature by pulling the right amount of air, ensuring more or less even heating of the herb.

I press the button and wait for a couple of seconds before I start drawing short, strong puffs. I immediately blow out the puff without taking it inside my lungs - the goal is to see whether visible vapor is coming out. After maybe 3 or 4 short puffs I can see that I'm expelling vapor. That's when I let go of the button and take a long drag. This is basically full of cloudy vapor. I can repeat this cycle once more with the load before it gets dark brown. When I dump out the load, there would be a few black specs but not more than that.

If I draw less at the start or keep the button pressed a little while longer there's combustion, so it's more or less a technique to be practiced. I'll see if I can put together a video - that should add the much needed credibility to my post :)

Great to be here!

doniv,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm glad you got something to work for you, and I am also glad you found such a low price on knock offs... if I had known what I do now, when I dropped nearly $200 for this "vaporizer" I would have passed it up long ago, but unfortunately it was my first try so I didn't know better. Anything that requires that much work to get it to vape properly isn't worth paying $200. For $250 you can get 2 different portables that actually vape the way they should with little to no fuss. I still can not endorse this product as a functional vaporizer. If they had charged less for this device, it may not have seemed like such a bad deal when so many of us only got combustion, but man did I waste money on this product. I still believe it makes an excellent smoking device, for combusters. The most functional parts were the cleaning tools.

jambandphan03,

WebMary

Don't purchase this product. The company has awful customer service and they don't offer refunds because they know it isn't a vaporizer...it is an electric pipe that combusts the shit out of everything. Getting it to produce vapor takes a snake charmer, a wizard, and Jesus himself. I implore anyone who is serious about VAPORIZING stay away from AtmosRaw. They totally blow goats in just about every single way. You won't get your money back if you order anything from them...sales are final and they don't take care of unhappy customers. They don't answer emails, and they screen calls.

Let the discussions begin![/quote]

Just went through all the 24 pages of this thread and thought I could add my 2¢ worth.

I'm a n00b to the vapor world - just 3 weeks into it. In the search for a portable vaporizer I found a cheap chinese made Atmos ripoff for $30 shipped. Bought a couple for my friends who liked what they saw.

While following the manufacturer's instructions we were getting combustion so started trying different techniques and finally found one that was giving me lots of vapor. Even though I'm new to vaporizing, the flavour difference between vapor and smoke is very apparent to me, so I know that it was really vapor that I was getting and not smoke.

I packed the chamber almost to the top with well ground herb. This device did not have a screen - the herb sat directly on the heating coil. I used the packing tool to gently pack in the herb and kept the spring in place while screwing the top.

The thing about the heating element is that it gets very hot quite quickly, so the trick is to regulate the temperature by pulling the right amount of air, ensuring more or less even heating of the herb.

I press the button and wait for a couple of seconds before I start drawing short, strong puffs. I immediately blow out the puff without taking it inside my lungs - the goal is to see whether visible vapor is coming out. After maybe 3 or 4 short puffs I can see that I'm expelling vapor. That's when I let go of the button and take a long drag. This is basically full of cloudy vapor. I can repeat this cycle once more with the load before it gets dark brown. When I dump out the load, there would be a few black specs but not more than that.

If I draw less at the start or keep the button pressed a little while longer there's combustion, so it's more or less a technique to be practiced. I'll see if I can put together a video - that should add the much needed credibility to my post :)

Great to be here!

I am still not convinced...sorry. I don't think it should be that hard to produce vapor anyway. A good company should stand behind their products and guarantee satisfaction no matter what. This thread proves that most people who are long-time vaporizers don't appreciate AtmosRaw...but I would love to see your video because I am stuck with an electric pipe that I would love to use as a vaporizer. Please post away when you get a chance and we would all appreciate it very much!

I couldn't agree more! This thing is a SICK electronic pipe. It's portable, discreet, and innovative! However, my opinion is that they have positioned this product incorrectly as a vaporizer. They should just change it to be 'electric pipe' or 'electric oil smoker' or something like that...the fact that they call this thing a vaporizer is just plain silly!

Okay folks--here is my other official warning: After talking with the OWNER OF THE COMPANY to get my money back, I am convinced that their operation is totally amateur. Ten emails, 5 phone calls and I finally got to speak with someone. It should NEVER be that hard to get in touch with a company that you just spent $200 with. So at this point, it's not even about the product (well, yes it is), but the service. I have talked with a couple of people who distribute for AtmosRaw and based upon my review of how they treat their end consumers, they are pulling their products off the shelf. For anyone else on this forum that sells AtmosRaw products, I am telling you--they are not a good company. I own a small business and if someone was THIS pissed off with me, I would do whatever it would take to get them satisfied...these people don't perform...and they are SASSY with a lot of attitude. The lady was infuriating on the phone.

it may just be a loop hole, calling something a vaporizer may be more of a legal gray area, than claiming something is a smoking device... of course this is pure speculation, but it seems reasonable that they chose to call it that to keep from having other kinds of problems marketing the device. Same way Arizer Solo is sold as a potpourri heating device... yeah... that's what we use it for.
You bring up a really solid point, actually...

Modnote: 4 back-to-back posts merged. Please avoid making back-to-back posts when possible by using the edit feature.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it may just be a loop hole, calling something a vaporizer may be more of a legal gray area, than claiming something is a smoking device... of course this is pure speculation, but it seems reasonable that they chose to call it that to keep from having other kinds of problems marketing the device. Same way Arizer Solo is sold as a potpourri heating device... yeah... that's what we use it for.

jambandphan03,

OF

Howdy, welcome to the fun. I agree, you're vaporizing the herb, not burning it up. Notice the bud goes further? You're not burning up THC (breaking it down into junk you don't get off on), so more of what's there to start makes it to vapor intact. Most guys find a two or three to one improvement. That can pay for gear pretty fast if your usage is toward the higher end of the scale.

I also think you're on 'the issue', the control of heat. It's a fine line, you want to get most everything up to say 360 at a minimum and yet have no part reach 430? Not an easy thing to do with reasonable skills. And some of those skills are subject to the influence of the very drug in question, a potential 'catch 22' for medical folks.

Other issues abound in the specifics of how to do that, but that too is part of the fun. If you have concentrates available, I suggest your trying Omicron carts, you may need a five dollar thread adapter to screw them on your 'battery' (My Atmos Rx doesn't, but some do?) but worth trying if you have the oil.

Enjoy your adventures.

OF

OF,

OF

I am still not convinced...sorry. I don't think it should be that hard to produce vapor anyway. A good company should stand behind their products and guarantee satisfaction no matter what.

I agree, it should not be that hard. That's the point, I think, you buy the tool to use, not play with.

Or cuss at.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I agree, it should not be that hard. That's the point, I think, you buy the tool to use, not play with.

Or cuss at.

OF

I still really enjoy dropping wax onto the coil, to me it has less draw resistance than the omicron carts but yea for flowers it sucks

Soflo,
Top Bottom