AtmosRaw

OF

I still really enjoy dropping wax onto the coil, to me it has less draw resistance than the omicron carts but yea for flowers it sucks

I don't doubt you enjoy it, it seems to make a reasonable amount of vapor. There's also, I understand, some loss of the material in the process? In videos guys talk abstractly about trying to recover some if it. As a general practice I'm against wasting concentrates, they're too dear to come by IMO.

As to draw resistance that can be an issue for sure. However draw rate is controlled by the modest amount of heat available and the inability to store heat before vaporizing. Pulling harder than vapor is produced simply lowers production by robbing heat to heat up the air and further lowers potency by diluting the vapor produced with clean air.

The solution to 'bigger hits' (and easier ones) is more power, not a different configuration. Both Omicron and Revolution/DART address this shortcoming with 'ground up' designs and more power. In doing so improvements in production, stability, long life and ease of operation follow. This unit is 'trapped' by it's e-cig roots and is doing everything it can for more modest performance.....on a good day, with a skilled operator paying strict attention.

it is, however, cheap and widely available.

OF

OF,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
P
I don't doubt you enjoy it, it seems to make a reasonable amount of vapor. There's also, I understand, some loss of the material in the process? In videos guys talk abstractly about trying to recover some if it. As a general practice I'm against wasting concentrates, they're too dear to come by IMO.

As to draw resistance that can be an issue for sure. However draw rate is controlled by the modest amount of heat available and the inability to store heat before vaporizing. Pulling harder than vapor is produced simply lowers production by robbing heat to heat up the air and further lowers potency by diluting the vapor produced with clean air.

The solution to 'bigger hits' (and easier ones) is more power, not a different configuration. Both Omicron and Revolution/DART address this shortcoming with 'ground up' designs and more power. In doing so improvements in production, stability, long life and ease of operation follow. This unit is 'trapped' by it's e-cig roots and is doing everything it can for more modest performance.....on a good day, with a skilled operator paying strict attention.

it is, however, cheap and widely available.

OF
Personally I like it allot better than my lv dart, the battery lasts allot longer. And it gives bigger hits than my omicron 1.5s on a hvd battery. And I actually have not had any issue with drawing too fast. But you are correct about the oil getting trapped in the chamber, but I dont feel its any more than what the omicron needs to wet the wick, I do hit the inside of the chamber with a torch lighter between fills to get any wax on the ceramic walls down to the element.

Soflo,

OF

P
Personally I like it allot better than my lv dart, the battery lasts allot longer. And it gives bigger hits than my omicron 1.5s on a hvd battery. And I actually have not had any issue with drawing too fast.

Great, glad you're happy with it. You seem to be in the minority there (most who try other systems seem to stick with them), but if it works for you it works for you.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Vape-man

I really like my atmosraw. I just don't use it for really dry herb as the temp inside is too hot to eliminate combustion. If you've got some off the gooey goodness it works great in my opinion.

Vape-man,
Reactions: Soflo

doniv

That video I was talking about is not going to happen any time soon since both the units are now out of town. I had bought them for my friends who are from out of town. Sorry about this, will surely make a video as soon as I get my hands on one of them.

But for the $30 shipped I paid for each, I can't really ask for much more. But if I had paid $200 for the same thing, it would have been a waste of good money.

Looking to get the TVC now as my first vaporizer.

doniv,

Sonics420

been using full melt ear wax in my atmos.. it worked pretty well. i think i can get more hits/better hits with the gpen for oils tho..

can i clean the coil with iso and let it evap??

Sonics420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have done many full on iso soaks on my AR heat core, only thing it seems to mess up over time is the outer finish, mine started flaking off after a few soaks. It is a bit difficult getting it fully dry inside, because of the way it's layered but it can be done, or a qtip with iso gently used in there might do it. Just be cautious if messing around the heat coil. :2c:

NorCalBrah

anyone know anything about the atmos thermo v1 or v2? im thinking about buying the v2 but the v1 is significantly cheaper. does anyone know the difference between the devices? i want to use it for thick oils and thick wax that my buddy homemade....if anyone knows of a device that performs better please lmk. im hoping to get a vape pen before i take the long ass drive down to socal for thanksgiving...

NorCalBrah,

DubCRider

If you want a thermo just buy an Ovale Elipse e-cig, it's the same thing for 60% of the cost. I would not suggest this device for wax or thick oils, it's designed for glycerine/e-juice.

NorCalBrah

^ thanks, good lookin out bro...wish i could have read that before i ordered the atmost thermo v2 last night. :( i was gonna get a refund but atmosrx already shipped... says it comes with the new waxy atomizer...hopefully itll work with the type of hash oil/wax i got. ill let you guys know what i think of it when i get to try it out.

NorCalBrah,
The following will solve any problems with not getting power to the chambers or even if you cant charge your battery.
1. Pick up your battery
2. Remove your battery button (rubber) cover.
3. You will now see a red wire (through the hole where the button is located). Locate where it connects.
4. Where the wire connects is where you want to CAREFULLY!! push, push up where the chamber would connect.
5. Now with it pushed up, you will see the metal connector piece, that connects to the chamber, will be out more.

The problem Is that every time you screw something onto the battery this metal connector piece gets pushed down, eventually so much it cannot touch the chamber. TO PREVENT THIS from happening again, SLOWLY connect the chamber to the battery and try to ALWAYS stop once you feel it touch.

HOW TO SMOKE OIL:

1. Buy Oil attachment
2. Once you receive it, take off the mouth piece.
3. Look in from where the mouth piece was removed.
4. Pull out the metal prong which it in the middle. (You will also remove the rubber piece attached)
5. Put OIL, And i mean OIL, in the cylindrical shaped metal piece remaining.
(BTW you will see the metal heater in the cylindrical shaped metal piece, that is where you put the oil)
If you do this you will get very medicated!

Modnote: 5 back-to-back posts and 1 duplicate thread merged. When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts.

Crazy123man,

NorCalBrah

so my atmos thermo v2 came in today. tried using hash oil...didnt work...threw in the waxy atomizer with the hash oil...works perfectly. i am pleased with the aesthetics. its a nice looking piece. for some reason the charger stopped working...i have to position the wire to keep the red light on to charge. im not sure if its a faulty battery or charger....smfh

NorCalBrah,

Aretino

Let the buyer beware. I bought a new Atmos Raw locally, and the battery was DOA. The local merchant insisted I must deal with the manufacturer, who charged me $20 shipping and "handling" for a replacement. This amounts to raising the price of the product after the sale. The fact they did not require sending anything back tells me they are recovering their costs fully and, thus, making the customer bear the costs of "warranty" service.

OF

Let the buyer beware. I bought a new Atmos Raw locally, and the battery was DOA. The local merchant insisted I must deal with the manufacturer, who charged me $20 shipping and "handling" for a replacement. This amounts to raising the price of the product after the sale. The fact they did not require sending anything back tells me they are recovering their costs fully and, thus, making the customer bear the costs of "warranty" service.

First off, howdy, welcome to the forums. Sorry it has to be on such a negative note.

As I understand the law you're not required to pay for this if there was no prior agreement to do so (you'll find this in typical printed warranty terms). Otherwise, your agreement falls back to the shop who actually sold you a defective product. It's not their fault, of course, but they offered a contract to you for a working vape suitable to the task for the agreed amount. They, of course, want to skate out of it since they have no standing agreement with the manufacturer like more 'legitimate' dealers would. Who can blame him, he has your money and doesn't want any problems to deal with. He sure doesn't want to pay the twenty bucks himself, deplete his stock or take any responsibility he can avoid.

I suspect small claims court would support your claim against the local guy but he's counting on your not considering it worth the trouble and/or not wanting to call attention to the transaction. Unfortunate for you, but a realistic tactic.

I suggest that the deal with more mainstream maker's products is different. It comes with the territory as they say?

So the best you can do is abandon it, or pay the extra and hope for good results. Your having given a 'heads up' to others is a great gesture, thanks for doing it.

Otherwise, best wishes with this and your other vape purchases to come. Using a vape beats blazing all hollow. Perhaps a bit of 'shopping' around here will lead you to products who's customers are satisfied by the performance and support?

OF

OF,

Aretino

I suspect small claims court would support your claim against the local guy but he's counting on your not considering it worth the trouble and/or not wanting to call attention to the transaction. Unfortunate for you, but a realistic tactic.

This one instance falls below the hassle-factor threshold for taking action, except perhaps for informing others of the problem. I have used someone else's Atmos Raw, and it works well enough, keeping in mind it's really an electronic pipe. Savvy manufacturers and retailers know that the goodwill generated by good warranty service is worth more than what it costs to provide it.

Aretino,
Reactions: OF

ViviDVapE

yay weed
I just got an Atmos raw and honestly this thing is awesome. It hits MASSIVE and heats real quick. The battery also lasts a while too. It looks cool, feels luxury, and is rather high quality if you dont buy the knockoff ones.

Tip: DO NOT buy from Ebay and Amazon.. the company will NOT give you a warrenty and these things break like sticks on the floor.

Theres definately 2 downsides though.

1. If you purchase it from a 3rd party dealer it does NOT come with a glass screen for the heating chamber which means your herbs will sit on the heating coil and WILL combust. Upside is if you call the company they will ship one to you for free. If you buy it straight from the company it comes with the glass filter but it also comes with a much higher price :\

2. Fragile!!!! i dropped my battery on the floor like an ass and it short circuited 2 hours later when I tried to charge it. I only had it for a few hours. However this isnt such a problem when your covered with the warranty.. the parts are much cheaper.

Overall this thing is sick. If you maintain it well and use it how the instructions intended i think it could possibly be one of the greatest smoking inventions ever.

ViviDVapE,

OF

Overall this thing is sick. If you maintain it well and use it how the instructions intended i think it could possibly be one of the greatest smoking inventions ever.

Howdy, welcome to the fun.

I'm glad you're excited about it, but if you're big on 'not frail' you might want to poke around some. The threads are common (and there are adapters for the odd case otherwise) and there are units you can run over or play fetch with the dog with out there. Literally.

Anyway, please come back and keep us posted on your adventure as it unfolds?

OF

OF,

ViviDVapE

yay weed
Absolutely. I'm kind of mesmerized by these things in all brands so hopefully I can give everyone here as much info as possible on what I learn. Glad to be apart of the forums :)

ViviDVapE,

OF

Absolutely. I'm kind of mesmerized by these things in all brands so hopefully I can give everyone here as much info as possible on what I learn. Glad to be apart of the forums :)

Super, that's what it is for. Exchanging ideas and experiences. No need for us to all make all the same mistakes.....

Enjoy the experience.

OF

OF,

ViviDVapE

yay weed
Hahathanks. Later on after work I'll try to post some pics of my raw pen. I have an HD camera so I'll try to get some pretty detailed pics. The little things matter when searching for the perfect product imo. Also these things are made very diverse by the brand. White rhino and vaporx vape pens work much different but are also great too.

ViviDVapE,

NorCalBrah

anyone know how i can get a hold of the guys at atmosrx? i emailed them like 4 times about my defective device about a month ago and no response. i call them several times on the number provided on the site and no one ever picks up...WTH.... their customer service is complete shit. i just want a working device! their instructions are also so vague...

NorCalBrah,
Reactions: DubCRider

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Thats weird, they have picked up every time I've called, what kind of issues are you having? Mabye try calling from a different number to see if they are screening calls?

Soflo,
Top Bottom