AtmosRaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's soaking, the iso is getting pretty dark, I'm going to leave it over night. I'm using 99% iso.

jambandphan03,
So its my first time charging the atmosraw, and the first initial charge recommended is 6 hours...but what if the light is green?Its only been about 2 hours and its my first time charging.. Should i leave it in anyways?

hiddenvisons,
jambandphan03 said:
:( Well, I am having trouble getting any response from the customer service about the heating chamber clogging up, to the point that I can barely get any air through it. Doesn't seem to matter that I keep cleaning it pretty thoroughly between loads, it is getting clogged. I have emailed them twice, and have mentioned it in other messages regarding the button falling apart (it's a flimsy rubber piece), which they did replace after 2 weeks of emails but never got any reply about the clogged heating chamber. It is as if they are just done with me, I got my new button and that is that. I thought I had a warranty on this thing, if it's not working right. I can't even get advice from them about it. I know i am probably flogging a dead horse here, but I wanted to share my experience, as it might detour others from making the mistake of buying this thing for almost $200. :mad:

I emailed them too...but its better if you call them, they helped me out ask for Sean; hes the repair man.

hiddenvisons,

Robaba89

The whole AtmosRX team is horrible with email response.
Emailed them three times at a few different emails over the last week, no reply.

They sent me a broken atmos thermo (for oil) kit.
Cant do a review on it if it doesn't work properly...
Sound concept and I can only assume a working unit would work great.

(Both batteries were pre-charged and defective [1/2 cut off time. said 15 sec, it's 7. and odd# of blinks], 1 atomizer will not heat, other was filled with nicotine e-juice, one unit scratched, & wont even start vaporizing until you prime it for 40 seconds (w/ very melty oil)... which gives you about 10 hits before the battery dies. seriously wtf, paid almost $170 for this.)

Robaba89,
Robaba89 said:
The whole AtmosRX team is horrible with email response.
Emailed them three times at a few different emails over the last week, no reply.

They sent me a broken atmos thermo (for oil) kit.
Cant do a review on it if it doesn't work properly...
Sound concept and I can only assume a working unit would work great.

(Both batteries were pre-charged and defective [1/2 cut off time. said 15 sec, it's 7. and odd# of blinks], 1 atomizer will not heat, other was filled with nicotine e-juice, one unit scratched, & wont even start vaporizing until you prime it for 40 seconds (w/ very melty oil)... which gives you about 10 hits before the battery dies. seriously wtf, paid almost $170 for this.)

I ordered mine a couple weeks back and when i recieved it, it worked for a couple hours...then the it stopped. They sent ma a defective one and i was hella mad, so i called them and they respond quicker.Try calling them 6pm est, they sent me a defective one and i have the warranty...they tried to make me pay for shipping but i complained and sent my defective piece in...they sent me a brand new one, fxck that i payed hard earned money for that.

hiddenvisons,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Why are people still buying stuff from this company? Ffs do some research folks ;) O

SF Giant,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
They won't be getting any more of my money... lesson learned. :2c:

The iso helped remove the clog, I let it soak over night, and most of the day today, then pulled it out of the iso, dried the outside w/a paper towel, put the threaded battery connection end in my mouth with the vent holes inside my lips, and blew hard into a paper towel to push air through the bottom to get the alcohol out from the inner sections. Did that a few times, then took a dry qtip and swabbed out the inside very carefully. It's a good idea to make sure you get all the iso out of it before you try to use it, you don't want to breath that as you smoke. I lit the coil up and did a dry burn for about 30 seconds at a time, to make sure the iso was gone. I did notice my black finish has started to peel up after soaking it, but I guess that isn't a huge deal, I'll just be happy to get this thing working again.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, until they upgrade the button on the battery to something more solid that won't break in a few days, and get rid of the nasty rubber parts that stink, the product still isn't worth what they are charging for it. I won't believe the screen works until we get some true testimony, not just the first post visits we get here from time to time that claim it works. The idea behind this device is good, but they need much improvement for what they are charging.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I posted a few pages back, with in a week or so of having it, my button started to tear and eventually broke. I did get a replacement button sent to me after a couple of weeks of emails w/the company. I even posted photos. I have been told by one other person that their button failed in a few days as well.

jambandphan03,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
really this is good to know. i got a deal on ioffer for 150 should i buy it? it has the new model with the screen in it and everything

NotPotRelated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, that all depends on how much of a stretch ditching $150 to find out is for you. I am curious to know if there is any difference, or if they just put screens in them. I tried the screen approach, it still combusted my herb, so I took it out.

jambandphan03,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
als
well, that all depends on how much of a stretch ditching $150 to find out is for you. I am curious to know if there is any difference, or if they just put screens in them. I tried the screen approach, it still combusted my herb, so I took it out.

also what about the smell? if someone walked into a room while someone was using this with an open window would they notice?

NotPotRelated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
with mine, yes, it smokes the herb, big clouds and lots of odor. I suppose you could carefully sip at it, with tiny hits to keep the smell down. My AR is all resin coated too, I have to clean it often. If the new ones do truly vape, that might change the stealth factor.

jambandphan03,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
now imsort of turned off by this vape completly ..... does anyone know of any portable vapes that take dry herb and have that "pen" shape?

NotPotRelated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
right now, that seems to be the missing link... I know THCscientific is working on an herb cart, but it has yet to be released. If anyone else can come up with something along these lines, I would love to hear about it too.

jambandphan03,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
I've had my Atmos Raw for about a week now and I've had no issue with it once I put the screen in the bowl area. Worked like a charm for me and minimized the odor after a hit even further. Best handheld device by far for my purposes i.e. stealth, portability, and being plain fucking cool-looking. I plan on testing it around town this weekend just to see who notices me using it and what their reactions are. I'll let you guys/gals know how it goes.

D
Any response

NotPotRelated,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
does the unit give off any odor.. if so how much smell (i.e. if u were using it in an enclosed room with an open window and someone walked in)

NotPotRelated,

Comptoz

So... I bought this thing today. It came from the headshop with a screen already kinda cemented in... I have no idea what you guys have been talking about with the coils - maybe a v2 or a product fix or something? It's been making clouds of vapor all day with next to no smell, and I've only got it to combust once and that was the first time using it because the instructions were confusing, told me to preheat for 9 seconds...

It takes next to no herb, and it is lasting probably 11 or so hits on average a bowl with no burning. The blue LED on the end of it could've been done a bit better... but other than that, the thing feels very hefty and it has a nice matte black rubberized texture all around it.

Anyways. I own a Volcano, an Iolite, a Launchbox, four bongs, a steamroller and two pipes, and I have to say this is probably my favorite smoking investment I have made yet. I now have no reason not to be baked 24/7. Thank you Atmos!

Comptoz,

OF

So... I bought this thing today. It came from the headshop with a screen already kinda cemented in... I have no idea what you guys have been talking about with the coils - maybe a v2 or a product fix or something? It's been making clouds of vapor all day with next to no smell, and I've only got it to combust once and that was the first time using it because the instructions were confusing, told me to preheat for 9 seconds...

It takes next to no herb, and it is lasting probably 11 or so hits on average a bowl with no burning. The blue LED on the end of it could've been done a bit better... but other than that, the thing feels very hefty and it has a nice matte black rubberized texture all around it.

Anyways. I own a Volcano, an Iolite, a Launchbox, four bongs, a steamroller and two pipes, and I have to say this is probably my favorite smoking investment I have made yet. I now have no reason not to be baked 24/7. Thank you Atmos!

Good to hear it's working for you so far. Thanks for the report.

Be interesting to see how you feel about it tomorrow, or after the 'newness' wears off.

If you really want a reason not to (try to) "be baked 24/7" I can give you a couple of what I think are good ones.....but somehow I don't think that's what you're looking for?

Thanks again, and please keep us posted on how the romance progresses?

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

OF

So does this mean the combustion problem is gone?

"Does one swallow make a spring?"

While the above is good news for one guy for one day (in all but one case?), I'm going to hang on for a while and let some other folks report in. Of specific interest to me would be guys with 'before and after' perspective?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom