• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AtmosRaw

Comptoz

Well, I fully charged it today, and now it's making plumes of vapor... although I can't really be 100% sure there is no combustion occurring, there are no charred spots and its smoother than my volcano when it makes the same level of vapor age so I'm assuming they're at least doing something right. It feels like air nine out of ten times, but tastes delicious.

Also - It does burn if you're stupid about it, but, so does the launch box... I kind of feel like the people attacking it in this regard are either too inpatient to figure out how it works, or are looking for problems. After the first couple bowls I kinda started treating it like a MFLB, strobing the power/heat button a bit and puffing on it and it works great, and like I said I've only had it combust once and that was when the spring over-packed it...

I also tried taking the spring out, as it packs the bowls a bit too tight in the chamber. The bowls are bigger and last longer, and I just pack it with my glass dabber rod in my pocket instead. The only thing that I kind of fucked up by doing this is the metal screen in front of the ceramic filter is no longer held flush to the connector chamber - but if you put the mesh screen part first, nothing will get through either way.

I can also confirm the atoms raw is capable of oils/concentrates as well as hashish, I used a concentrate disc in the bowl and just dabbed it on there. I'm assuming a cartridge is going to be coming out soon for this too, so it really might be an end-all vaporizer for me... So much so that I already sold my Launchbox yesterday and I'm trying to sell my Iolite.

Comptoz,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It sounds like you have a different version or something, I am sure the people who have the first version would be interested. Do you have a picture of the inside and/or the changes?

EDIT: any other changes you notice? One of the users complained about the rubber by the button tearing...

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Comptoz, could you post pics of your AR? I am one of the people who get nothing but combustion, even with a screen inserted. Maybe my unit runs hotter than it is supposed to?? I can hold the button for only a couple of seconds and get instant SMOKE not vapor. It goes from 0-60 in only a second or two so this has nothing to do with patience, or doing it wrong. I also was the one who's button broke right away. I am no novice to using similar devices, I even made my own hash smoker from ecigs over 2 years ago that I still use today. I was putting pretty dry bubble hash in my AR until it started to clog. It took several rounds of soaking the heat chamber in ISO to unclog it, and when I asked customer service multiple times the best way to fix the clog, I never got a response, so I don't think I will continue putting anything oily in there, the air holes get bogged down to easy. It was never my intention to look for problems with this device, they are just problems I encountered while using it. It would be nice to know if they did improve the design, but it won't help my situation with the one I have and can't seem to get any real help with.

jambandphan03,

Comptoz

4kwwwo.jpg you can kind of see the screen, its the darkened part in there. It looks like it is adhered to the sides with some kind of off-white, taupe gauzey/cementy kinda material... I don't think its ceramic lined, could be wrong.

and my ABV from the past day
11t8t8w.jpg

Comptoz,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
Abv looks great. I cant really see the screen. Do you know your ver # or where you bought it?

VapingDitto,

Comptoz

No idea on a version number, but I bought it from Bad Habits Smokeshop in Corvallis, OR. If I could find my SD Card I'd take a picture with my DSLR but I can't for the life of me find anything - probably in big part to the Atmos lol

Comptoz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
No idea on a version number, but I bought it from Bad Habits Smokeshop in Corvallis, OR. If I could find my SD Card I'd take a picture with my DSLR but I can't for the life of me find anything - probably in big part to the Atmos lol

We're neighbors, I'm in Eugene :) That ABV doesn't even look golden, I bet you could still get more juju from that. I am curious, does it blacken at the bottom where it touches the screen? I will have to try mine with a screen again, I put it down all the way over the coil as close to the bottom as I could, maybe it was too close, as it combusted pretty quick. I am using stainless steel screens with a pretty tight weave. Can you show your entire AR put together in a pic? I am just curious if you have all the same parts I got.

jambandphan03,

OF

I think you should keep searching.

Spot on! Keep searching until there's no doubt in your mind. Just like God making them little green apples, otherwise 'maybe I shoulda bought the other one' will raise it's ugly little head down the road. Second guessing your own self like that will not add to your enjoyment even a tiny little bit.

OF

OF,

Atmos Raw Retailer

Unapproved commercial account.
Has anyone else tried throwing some wax in the raw? I'm a little upset at all the responses on here, I own and sell this product, maybe you guys are only looking at it as an herb vape that burns a little too hot for serious vaporists, its alot more. Throw some bubble hash in there or some kief, and if have a chamber you don't mind getting a little gunked up throw some wax or oil in there for some huge clouds. Maybe it's just me, but I don't only use flowers, and I don't see other devices that can handle as many different materials as well as this can on the go.

Atmos Raw Retailer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Your product may be a great portable smoking device that can sometimes manage to vaporize as well. And there may be a big market for your product. If you don't feel the love, don't take it personally. It's just that as clearly stated in the url of this site, we are not big fans here of setting our precious cannabis on fire.

Good luck to you and just take the comments you read here through the lens of someone who has an aversion to combustion. There are plenty of other people out there thay may enjoy your product. There are probably just not a lot of them hanging around these parts.

:2c:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have used it for bubble hash, and it clogged up the air way after a week or so of using it, took a few rounds of soaking in iso and some effort on my part (blowing through the bottom to try to unblock it) to get air to pass through the heat chamber again. My biggest complaint about that was the lack of response from the company when I emailed them on several different occasions about the clogging and how to fix it. I got NO response from anyone about it, so eventually I took the chance and tried the Iso soak.

jambandphan03,

Atmos Raw Retailer

Unapproved commercial account.
I will say this, if you only use cannabis and don't use concentrates the device may not be for you. Also if you have patience with the device and get to learn it, you will know it works good. If you have a problem with the vaporizing temp, try adding a screen or screens and maybe fiddle with the button timing, after you get familiar you shouldn't be too disappointed. I'm not positive on this, but I think if you want to use wax or oil you might need a different heating chamber than your using for bud, as I could see this getting gunked up. I have been using wax nonstop in mine for over a week now and no complaints, I have retired my thermovape revolution after discovering the raw's capabilities with oil. With the raw you get consistent clouds without messing around with warm up times, you don't deal with that oil leaking on the outside or have to count hits until the battery dies. Maybe you guys are missing something, or I have a different opinion, but this thing is amazing. Anything will work in it, bud, bubble hash, kief or wax and you don't need a special attachment or cartridge.

Jamband: I'm not sure why this happened, but maybe it was the consistency of the bubble. The kind I use is dry and powdery, I have had developed a clog after using wax and had to do a soak on some parts as well. I cannot confirm this, but I think the companies hesitation to answer questions and be apart of the forum may be because of the location, they are in a non legal mmj state and it's possible they are not comfortable doing it. With that, I will try and help anyone with the device since I have been using it a lot and with different things, any questions feel free to shoot them my way.

Atmos Raw Retailer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did not tell them what made it clog, just said it was clogged and I wanted to know how to fix it. I know better than to use terms that might bring the wrong attention to them. No reply at all from a product that is supposed to have a warranty is not good business IMO.

jambandphan03,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
If someone wanted a portable for concentrates I'm gonna say that there are much better options out there that are actually made for this purpose, that is not what this thing was designed to do.

MH88

I ordered the atmos raw and recieved it on tuesday. I had called before ordering to ask questions about this vaporizer, especially since people have been saying it combusts. Whoever I spoke to on the phone, included two glass screens. These screens blow, more like a glass button with big enough holes for herb to fall through and onto the coil, which is what happened to me. So, I tryed an NO2 screen, the ones that go in the mouth piece part. Fits right in and is away from the heating element. Now I can say that, yes, it doesnt burn, but im also not getting rips like a couple people are saying on here. So, what am I doing wrong because im getting pissed that I just dropped 200 on this thing. Also, that battery doesnt last a continuous 72 hours, it last 2 at the most. If you fiddle around with the power button as much as I have, it will drain that battery fast. Charge up time is nice, but it def looses its power to vape as the battery wears off. Ive tryed pushing the screen down a little further and nothing significant. The way I used it is, preheat for 3 seconds, let go until light goes away, then hold down again for another 5, this time inhaling, and i try to repeat the process. Ive tryed so many ways, holding down for the full 9 seconds and much more that, I should have gotten these big "clouds" people are talking about. Also, it does get really hot, which I guess is a good thing, yet very poor vapor production on my end. Btw, was told to take spring out. Tryed it both ways, with it in and not in, same old crap. So yeah, I def could use some help cause this is rediculous.

MH88,

MH88

Another thing is that I am not a newb to vaporizers. Ive been vaping since 2007 and have gone through about 5. I know how they work and what they should do. The invention of this slick, small looking vape was a great idea, but without vapor production, this is nothing compared to my NO2. So im really hoping im doing something wrong with my atmos.

MH88,

OF

Another thing is that I am not a newb to vaporizers. Ive been vaping since 2007 and have gone through about 5. I know how they work and what they should do. The invention of this slick, small looking vape was a great idea, but without vapor production, this is nothing compared to my NO2. So im really hoping im doing something wrong with my atmos.

Seems to me you're not the only experienced user to have problems. Such things are going to happen from time to time of course but I'll continue to watch until the glowing reports come from 'old hands' with histories here, not gushing stuff from new guys with a post or two.

Thanks very much for 'taking the plunge' on this, please do keep us posted? I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom