Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
Did you dial the extension for cs or just wait for someone to pick up? I did the latter, just wondering if we spoke to the same lady.

grokit,

AscentiaL

Same here so I'm assuming yes.

I've spoken with her as well. It doesn't seem as if she's very in-the-know regarding this nonsense. If only we could get a hold of somebody higher up...

or if DaVinciVaporizer would post either here or on the main thread... or send out an update...

... or if I could just forget about all of this MiB-style until it actually arrives...

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I've spoken with her as well. It doesn't seem as if she's very in-the-know regarding this nonsense. If only we could get a hold of somebody higher up...

or if DaVinciVaporizer would post either here or on the main thread... or send out an update...

... or if I could just forget about all of this MiB-style until it actually arrives...
Davinci has nothing to say on the matter apparently but, if you want a 2 for 1 deal on a flexi straw for the original DV they'd be glad to tell you all about it! Lol

AscentiaL

Davinci has nothing to say on the matter apparently but, if you want a 2 for 1 deal on a flexi straw for the original DV they'd be glad to tell you all about it! Lol

Their Facebook page is cringeworthy to say the least. In a "let them eat cake" kind of way.

The info from that Jose guy about the customs is interesting, though... I wonder if he's one of us on FC?

AscentiaL,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Do ground stores have them yet?
Nobody has the Ascent yet. The initial shipment to Davinci in California is being held at Customs. We don't know when they will be released to Davinci.

Snappo,

EdE80

Maybe we should all tell them FU and all demand our money back. We Waited this long. We can wait till they are giving them away because nobody is buying them. I was psyched but honestly I have begun to lose momentum and interest. Much as with all the other vapes I own/owned. Kind of over it and ready for the NEXT big thing. AND I don't even HAVE the ascent yet.

I paid my $$$$ back in march so that dig into my pocket has long since healed. Having $200+ coming back to me might be a nice summer treat that can be put to better use.

But that would require us all to unite and not give into the dark side.

And you can call me Darth Vapor

I just did. The guy on the phone told me that he would have to send a message to his supervisor to get that taken care of. That they would call me as soon as they were able to refund me.... I even got the run around on a cancellation/refund. Horrible business practices going on here

EdE80

I specifically asked if it would be taken care of today, he assured me it would... If not, I'll move ahead with PayPal's refund process... Really disappointed by DV though, as I'm sure we all are

EdE80,

grokit

well-worn member
If the ascents are to disappear from the marketplace into litigation land, davinci should not only refund the pre-orders, but give those that placed them a free davinci (version 1) vaporizer as an apology. That would be the only way to fully repair their image after this fiasco, might as well put the t-shirt in the box as well. That is if they have an image left to repair once the dust settles.

grokit,

defy

You would think they'd feel bad for their employee(s) taking all these angry phone calls and emails and would release some kind of statement to settle people down. I take this as they don't care about us or their own. All they had to do was let people know what was going down and then every couple of days reassure everyone so we know they're still on top of things.

I'm pretty disappointed with how they've handled things and am seriously debating cancelling my order until at least the taste of this fiasco has washed away.

~defy

Conky

Anyone know what it costs dv, if anything, to do the credit card charge backs and fees for doing the initial charging? Just trying to see how much they may lose with each cancelation.

Conky,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Hey, this is a test...

If you do not offer inane gibberish that further incites FC'ers about the unavailability of the Ascent...well, then you fail the test. :):nod:

grokit

well-worn member
You would think they'd feel bad for their employee(s) taking all these angry phone calls and emails and would release some kind of statement to settle people down.

Well they did release a statement saying that they planned on releasing a statement...

Anyone know what it costs dv, if anything, to do the credit card charge backs and fees for doing the initial charging? Just trying to see how much they may lose with each cancelation.

A little bit of their corporate soul; when the loss is complete they will be audited by the irs for all of eternity.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hey, this is a test...If you do not offer inane gibberish that further incites FC'ers about the unavailability of the Ascent...well, then you fail the test. :):nod:
I would never do such a thing. :rolleyes:
I would . . . ;)

geicopig.png

tamale

How about those of us that don't live in the US request from DaVinci that they FedEx us the Ascent from the factory in China. We don't live in the US so why should we deal with this bull**** US customs. I will be asking DaVinci about this, I suggest other international customers do the same... After all they charged us over $100 for shipping and handling!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
How about those of us that don't live in the US request from DaVinci that they FedEx us the Ascent from the factory in China. We don't live in the US so why should we deal with this bull**** US customs. I will be asking DaVinci about this, I suggest other international customers do the same... After all they charged us over $100 for shipping and handling!
Make sure to put "Flexi Straw" in the subject line of your email if you want them to respond. Lol

vape4health

I say it was a sales ploy, ya you'll be all fucked off for a while but you'll come around and order an original davinci. Just watch, 1/2 refund OR an original with flexi straw. :tup:
Ummmm flexi straw :mmmm:

vape4health,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom