Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

defy

We've seen a few pictures from a blog with the new latch on the Ascent. This means they at least have one in the office.

They could've used this customs delay to release a bunch of Ascent pictures and vids and put someone online to answer any questions while building an FAQ from the questions received.

This would've kept everyone excited and continued to build customer relations while everyone worked through the hold up together.

I'm not really sure how to feel about this whole mess because I still really want the Ascent, but I'm definitely not happy or excited about this launch anymore.

~defy

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
"Our goal is to create the best portable vaporizer in its class so the pursuit of that has left some people to feel like we don't care. It is just the opposite."
Oh my god. This sounds like the kind of bullshit you'd expect from a politician.

DV, people think you don't care because you haven't been communicating with your customers. Now come down off your papier-mâché cross.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: lwien

novicevape

I called the reps regarding my order. They are not sure about when it would clear the customs. But I wouldn't expect it anytime sooner than the labor day weekend. YES! THAT long a delay.

I am not sure what kind of response to expect from them at this time if the product is still stuck in customs. But their FB page seems to be in a virtual world of its own.

novicevape,

lwien

Oh my god. This sounds like the kind of bullshit you'd expect from a politician.

DV, people think you don't care because you haven't been communicating with your customers. Now come down off your papier-mâché cross.

Sam, I couldn't agree more. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Wow..........

lwien,

novicevape

Sam, I couldn't agree more. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Wow..........

May be they can start a new contest where they ask us to predict the ship date! The first one to guess the right date wins a free ascent :).

That will surely divert the attention ...

novicevape,

Conor Sherman

Like many others here, I've been closely monitoring the Ascent since the presale thread was under 50 pages long. I waited patiently for upwards of 4 months since the initial delays started, with no end in sight.

I couldn't wait any longer. I placed an order for a FireWood portable vaporizer and an LSV, and these devices will be my introduction into the world of vapor.

Davinci, I know you probably don't care, but your terrible communication and hype-delay marketing strategy has ensured I will never purchase any of your products.

sam reynolds

So, my impatient brother didn't listen to me and went ahead with the pre-order, and now he wants a refund. Those of you who canceled their order, where can I direct him? He says he's not getting an answer through their message system.

sam reynolds,

novicevape

So, my impatient brother didn't listen to me and went ahead with the pre-order, and now he wants a refund. Those of you who canceled their order, where can I direct him? He says he's not getting an answer through their message system.

Forget about getting a response to your emails. Call them up. The number should be on their website. If it goes to voicemail, leave your order details and call back number. They are usually prompt at responding to phone calls.

novicevape,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
haha seems they will slowly get there act together. It's just red tape so don't sweat it I reckon. The Ascent certainly looks the goods and many people are fizzing about it.

vaporcloud,

sam reynolds

Forget about getting a response to your emails. Call them up. The number should be on their website. If it goes to voicemail, leave your order details and call back number. They are usually prompt at responding to phone calls.
Thanks. That's the worst part about this whole thing--I got so many people excited about the Ascent, and now I look like a dumb bitch for getting their hopes up. :ugh:

haha seems they will slowly get there act together. It's just red tape so don't sweat it I reckon. The Ascent certainly looks the goods and many people are fizzing about it.
They've had months to get their act together. I'm done, and my friends are all souring as well. These are not the actions of a dependable company. The fact that they won't talk to us is the final nail in the coffin.

And those facebook posts--I'm nearly convinced the page is run by a troll. The tone-deafness is almost magical.

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

Rexxe

I called the reps regarding my order. They are not sure about when it would clear the customs. But I wouldn't expect it anytime sooner than the labor day weekend. YES! THAT long a delay.

I am not sure what kind of response to expect from them at this time if the product is still stuck in customs. But their FB page seems to be in a virtual world of its own.

Wait, are you just assuming Labor Day or did they tell you that? If they told you that then I think they owe everyone a refund.

Rexxe,

Conky

Have you ever gotten your prize? Or is that stuck in customs as well?
A DV contest? That's the LAST thing that would divert my attention. :disgust:

I talked to a gent at DV, and he advised a minimum of 2 weeks more. To any who have experience clearing shipments: are these situations really this predictable to know when it is likely to be worked out? I guess my thought was if the issue would be paperwork they would resolve it in much less than a months time, especially when they had an extra 5 months worth of time to get it right. Would customs ever tell anyone that it would be a set amount of time for something on their end? If it was good I would think they would immediately be release, if DV screwed up on something would it really be reasonable to see shipments held a month if a company fixed it quickly? Maybe I'm just not taking into account how these things actually process.

Conky,

novicevape

Wait, are you just assuming Labor Day or did they tell you that? If they told you that then I think they owe everyone a refund.

They said minimum 2 weeks. I extrapolated it to labor day weekend and beyond. They don't have a fixed date either on when it will clear the customs.

novicevape,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I wonder if Customs is run like getting Passport service. If you pay the "normal" fee, then you can have your paperwork completed in 4-5 weeks. But, if you want it "expedited", well then all of a sudden you can have it done in a week...for an extra hundred plus dollars.

Amazing how money greases the wheels of expeditiousness...:\

Shrike,

evanaquinn

So funny how one thing out of their hands goes wrong and everyone says they are awful this and that. Yeah, waiting sucks, but imagine trying to please a bunch of pissed off customers because something out of your control has happened. This is customs fault. They have done everything they can do at this point.

Why don't one of you call customs and tell them this instead of the people who have no control over it. they are trying!

I'm going to ship my pants when it ships though.

evanaquinn,
Reactions: grokit

Meghan

So funny how one thing out of their hands goes wrong and everyone says they are awful this and that. Yeah, waiting sucks, but imagine trying to please a bunch of pissed off customers because something out of your control has happened. This is customs fault. They have done everything they can do at this point.

Why don't one of you call customs and tell them this instead of the people who have no control over it. they are trying!

I'm going to ship my pants when it ships though.

As has been stated many times, people aren't upset about the wait. We are grown-ups who understand that stuff happens, and that when the government is involved, it usually happens slowly. People are upset because the company has chosen not to communicate with their customers. More than that, they've chosen to taunt them on a regular basis via their FB page.

No, DV has not done "everything they can do". Nothing and nobody is stopping them from communicating openly and honestly with their customers.

lwien

Amazing how money greases the wheels of expeditiousness...:\

Now that I'm getting a bit bald, I think I'm gonna send the remainder of this to DV to help expedite matters. Just slather it on those Ascents (and my gift certificate), and they'll just ooze their way through customs.

cvcd.png

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
As has been stated many times, people aren't upset about the wait. We are grown-ups who understand that stuff happens, and that when the government is involved, it usually happens slowly. People are upset because the company has chosen not to communicate with their customers. More than that, they've chosen to taunt them on a regular basis via their FB page.

No, DV has not done "everything they can do". Nothing and nobody is stopping them from communicating openly and honestly with their customers.

The evidence to support your theory is weak to non-existent. When TET ran into problems and had to delay the Cera, the mob went just as wild despite the attempts of TET to communicate with them. What will happen is that people will switch from "not giving us information is irresponsible and bad business" to "not giving us more information is irresponsible and bad business." Perhaps you're ready to be reasonable but there are lots out there who aren't.

Lazarus

Owner of the DaVinci Ascent in 6 days.:)

where did you hear 6 days from

Also I herd 2 weeks to order more

Last edited:

lwien

Perhaps you're ready to be reasonable but there are lots out there who aren't.

Paka, in light of what has happened here, from all the way back to the false starts of the Haiku contest, to the lack of communication to my particular situation with that fracken gift certificate that I still haven't received, , to what is happening here, and to what has transpired at their facebook page, with all of the broken commitments along with their lack of timely communication , what would you consider to be reasonable?

poonman

The evidence to support your theory is weak to non-existent. When TET ran into problems and had to delay the Cera, the mob went just as wild despite the attempts of TET to communicate with them. What will happen is that people will switch from "not giving us information is irresponsible and bad business" to "not giving us more information is irresponsible and bad business." Perhaps you're ready to be reasonable but there are lots out there who aren't.

I respectfully disagree paka ;
Evidence does show their lack of communication with FC members .
Also who' is stopping them from communicating to us ?
And I think you may be underestimating the mature adults we have on FC .
Just ONE communication , doesn't automatically turn us into the same Cera mob inquiries .

Even if they came on here and said ;
' people , we are also in the dark about this custom situation , we apologize , we don't know...'
That's all we are asking for . Make one post DV .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom