Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

I mentioned the Zephyr Ion fiasco awhile back in regards to a vaporizer manufactured in China and seized by US customs and some of you asked what happened with them. I'm not saying that the same thing is happening with DV, but there are some major similarities here. Just some food for thought.....

I refer you to this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what-happened-to-zephyr.3073/
Explanation given on post #37, pg. 2......kinda.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
This is probably the best idea. This, and putting pressure on DaVinci to be more communicative with details and updates regarding the situation.

I actually prefer to receive my updates this way, through Nigel for example, who have a sterling reputation for shooting straight from the hip, no candy coating, and communicating good information.

Snappo,
Reactions: nigel

AscentiaL

I mentioned the Zephyr Ion fiasco awhile back in regards to a vaporizer manufactured in China and seized by US customs and some of you asked what happened with them. I'm not saying that the same thing is happening with DV, but there are some major similarities here. Just some food for thought.....

I refer you to this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what-happened-to-zephyr.3073/
Explanation given on post #37, pg. 2......kinda.

Good info. I really hope this is not what is happening with DV. Though it would possibly explain the eerie silence...

AscentiaL,

poonman

This is EXACTLY the sort of info we needed. I don't know how you know all this, but I'm glad you do. At least now we understand the situation.

Or
Is this the new BS story/excuse they've come up with ?
and
They're using ' nigel ' ( a trusted member ) to pass on their lies .
No offense nigel , it's just a theory .

I was billed for mine back in February by GotVape. My ascent bs was started way before DV started with BS of their own.

I never understood why people pre-register or pre-order ,
and this part , send money for something that's NOT even out yet ?

For releases and Launches ;
Check out the BHOLTvape thread .
1. They come on FC .
2. Show and Tell time .
3. Take orders .
4. Wait for reviews .

How simple is that ?

poonman,

grokit

well-worn member
The pre-orders were based upon an announced, firm delivery date with implied stock-in-hand.

Evidently they lied :disgust::goon::bang::cuss::shrug::science:

Last edited:
grokit,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
A mundane 3 letter agency that is having trouble figuring out its classification status..... FDA perhaps?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

grokit

well-worn member
Yep.

The United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (abbreviated as FFDCA, FDCA, or FD&C), is a set of laws passed by Congress in 1938 giving authority to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to oversee the safety of food, drugs, and cosmetics.

On May 28, 1976, the FD&C Act was amended to include regulation for medical devices.[16] The amendment required that all medical devices be classified into one of three classes:
• Class I: Devices that do not require premarket approval or clearance but must follow general controls. Dental floss is a class I device.
• Class II: ...Diagnostic tests, cardiac catheters, hearing aids, and amalgam alloys used to fill cavities are examples of class II devices...
• Class III: ...These tend to be devices that are permanently implanted into a human body or may be necessary to sustain life...

For devices that were marketed prior to the amendment (Preamendment devices) and were classified as Class III, the amendment obligated the FDA to review the device...

So the Ascent is classified by the FDA as a Class I medical device, which are evidently subject to "general controls", which seems pretty vague.

And US Customs & border patrol is now called Immigration and Customs Enforcement and is under the umbrella of Homeland Security so who the fuck knows.
:horse:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The FDA has been in a dither over e-cigs ever since they first showed up. E-cigs have as much potential trouble with the regulators as cannabis vapourizers, perhaps even more. They are used to administer nicotine, which is an addictive drug. Their legality has been challenged and the FDA has been rumoured to be ready to regulate them any time now.

This makes it tricky for vapourizer companies that sail under the e-cig flag, such as the Pax. I don't know how DaVinci classified the Ascent. Aromatherapy is a less controversial cover, but the FDA might look at an "aromatherapy" device and decide that it's really a vapourizer.

grokit

well-worn member
So e-cigs will soon be under the FDA like patches...
or under the ATF like "traditional" nicotine delivery systems.

Meaning you just need to be of age to get hooked, but you may need a prescription to get un-hooked. No wait, patches are over the counter now right?

This shit can get confusing. Perhaps the devices will be under the FDA, but the nicotine refills would be under the ATF.

So we could choose between american spirit and marlborough refills for our vape pens.

grokit,

rsqemt911

Or
Is this the new BS story/excuse they've come up with ?
and
They're using ' nigel ' ( a trusted member ) to pass on their lies .
No offense nigel , it's just a theory .

I never understood why people pre-register or pre-order ,
and this part , send money for something that's NOT even out yet ?

For releases and Launches ;
Check out the BHOLTvape thread .
1. They come on FC .
2. Show and Tell time .
3. Take orders .
4. Wait for reviews .

How simple is that ?

Well I did it. So did a lot of other people. And people who laughed at us for Pre-ordering AND pre-paying are the same people doing it with DV now basically.
How many have had their card swiped and still don't have the item in hand?
it's an open game as to who gets what first. I paid back in march for mine and people paid for theirs yesterday. They may get theirs before mine or vice versa. No clue at this point.

rsqemt911,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So e-cigs will soon be under the FDA like patches...
or under the ATF like "traditional" nicotine delivery systems.

Meaning you just need to be of age to get hooked, but you may need a prescription to get un-hooked. No wait, patches are over the counter now right?

This shit can get confusing. Perhaps the devices will be under the FDA, but the nicotine refills would be under the ATF.

So we could choose between american spirit and marlborough refills for our vape pens.

Who knows? I suspect the FDA and ATF are squabbling over who regulates what, but I don't know of course. When I was doing research on vapourizing legal herbs, I was surprised to discover that e-cigs were so contentious. I hadn't really thought about it, although I was vaguely aware that they were banned in some jurisdictions. The big tobacco companies are scrambling as well because no one knows yet how this will play out. If e-cigs become popular then the demand for tobacco drops quite a bit, because vapourizing is a more efficient delivery system.

grokit

well-worn member
Who knows? I suspect the FDA and ATF are squabbling over who regulates what, but I don't know of course. When I was doing research on vapourizing legal herbs, I was surprised to discover that e-cigs were so contentious. I hadn't really thought about it, although I was vaguely aware that they were banned in some jurisdictions. The big tobacco companies are scrambling as well because no one knows yet how this will play out. If e-cigs become popular then the demand for tobacco drops quite a bit, because vapourizing is a more efficient delivery system.

These agencies are like the mob but supported by our taxes, along with their "cut" of whatever they get to "regulate". Skimming off the top of a growing market segment is good work if you can get it.

The legal herbal supplement industry also complicates things considerably:worms:

grokit,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Would there be any hold up if they manufactured in their own state rather than overseas? China of course has cost benefits, but maybe not worth it due to all this Customs BS. And what about FDA oversight of stateside manufacturing...how intrusive would they be in the case of vapes?:shrug:.

Last edited:
Snappo,

theCerberus

Would there be any hold up if they manufactured in their own state rather than overseas? China of course has cost benefits, but maybe not worth it due to all this Customs BS. And what about FDA oversight of stateside manufacturing...how intrusive would they be in the case of vapes?:shrug:.

they way I see it, they are STUCK in customs.
they wouldnt have gone through customs if they were already made in America, so no, there could not be any hold up.
they could receive FDA paperwork and fines after the fact, but the vapes would already be in our hands.

theCerberus,
Reactions: Snappo

tyethewolf

Who else thinks that they are going to confiscate all the devices and we are going to be left with getting shipped empty boxes? :tinfoil:

tyethewolf,

AscentiaL

There are enough of us on FC that, if we all called DV tomorrow and asked for an update, we would get some info, amirite guise??

AscentiaL,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom