Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I like yesterdays conspiracy theory, the one that said they didn't want to mess with the direct sales or the vendor so they are stock piling till they have enough. Although the first batch might have been caught in customs the rest would be well....go play lotto then.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
As a server in a busy restaurant I can understand overselling a product. When you have 9 or 10 people selling the same few items you can get burried pretty quick! But if that is the case, I can't understand how you could leave those people in the dark about what is going on. Communication is key! Let people know what is going on and deal with whiney bitches as they come. You'll give away less free shit and have an opportunity to build relationships with the people that you can please! With that being said I have purchased a Mflb :mflb:till all this mayhem subsides. So Davinci, good luck with the dealing with people thing and I'll be checking back later!!!
Shoulda got an original DV that thing rocks! I wouldn't mind giving the launchbox a whirl though! :tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

BillyBop

At this point I am totally frustrated with DV and the Ascent Launch. I was pre registered and received *two* emails from them telling me I could place a preorder.

The first email arrived on 7/24 as the "Second Pre Sale Announcement." It said I should preorder from DV between 5-8 Pm PT on Friday, 7/26.

The next day I got a second email titled the "Fourth Pre Sale Announcement" and it said I should preorder on Monday, 7/29 (also 5-8 PM PT).

So I tried to preorder on Friday, 7/26 but it woulsd not accept the order saying "not in stock."

OK, I though, maybe I need to wait until the Monday 7/29 Preorder timeframe as instructed by the second email ("Fourth Pre Sale Announcement").

But on Monday, when I tried to place an Ascent into my cart, I still got the "not in stock" message.

Reading this thread, it seems I'm not the only one receiving Pre Order emails for a product that's not available and I've grown tired of jumping back and forth between *two* different FC threads trying to find out what is known about the Ascent launch (apparently, not much and that included the folksd at DV!).

All I can say is thank God for my Solo. It looks like it will remain my go-to vape and I don't have to search multiple FC threads to learn how folks are using and improving it.

Acsent just made a big descent in my rank order of vaporizers.

BillyBop,

poonman

Don't worry all, as soon as we get ours we can all go over to the regular thread and praise it with everyone else! we'll be too vaped and satisfied to piss and moan on here anymore, but boy this sure is fun! :lol:

I'm on both threads ,
I have the devil on my left shoulder whispering what to post here ,
and the angel on my right shoulder telling me what to post on the other thread .:nod:

tamale

Look at what someone just posted on DV's FB:

Go to Alibaba website and search for davinci ascent. Looks like they've been selling this on their china based website for a while. Cheaper too. Guessing cause its direct from their china factory and shipping to easier places with less ''customs issues''

Anyone care to weigh in on this?

tamale,

lwien

I just checked Alibaba. They are right. The Ascent is on their site, but it doesn't have a price listed. When you click on "Contact Supplier", an email form comes up with the subject line already filled in that says, "I would like to know more about your pax vaporizer". lol

lwien,

Reflections

I received 3 invites to order <wow 3> . I placed an order on july 26th,next day i got a order confirmation, and on july 29th I got an email saying they were held up in customs.

Reflections,
Reactions: mvapes

lwien

Considering their appearance on Alibaba, I'm wondering. DaVinci has stated that they own a factory in China to make their vaporizers. Could it be that it's just the opposite and that it's actually a fully owned Chinese manufacturer that has hired out a marketing/distribution company called DaVinci to market and distribute their product in the US?

poonman

Out of curiosity i emailed the dude on ALIbaba about ordering a sample, we'll see what they say.

IIRC ,
You have to sign up to view Alibaba .

So I gave them a fake company name ,
I'm " Dick Head " of DickHead inc .
BTW , they're relentless , they will keep sending you e-mails on related products ,
Here's something else you would be interested in Dick Head...:rofl:

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
My Alibab search turned up the ascent, but it was a manufacturer in Phillipines. Probably somone trying to scam some money imo.
There are no original DV's that I could find either, they may indeed own the factory. I wonder if they treat their employees like FoxCon.

Vapnoob,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
All--

I have some input.

The first units have been held. A TLA (three letter agency... NO, NOT *THAT* ONE... More mundane than what you guess. Bureaucracy at its finest) decided it was their pervue and stepped in.

From what I've heard, it seems like they are releasing claim. It just had to do with how the device is classified, and who's domain it falls under. (Some of you understand that. Pissing contests) But, as I've said before, with customs, you never know until it is done.

All other shippments were stopped immediatle Monday morning until this "issue" is no longer an issue. So the rest of everything is still at the factory, and only initial shipment is stuck. (Okay... All of them are technically stuck, but you get what I mean.)

So there is only one shipment being held.

And no clear idea when the paperwork issue will be cleared.

TO BE CLEAR, WHAT FOLLOWS IS MY SPECULATION AND I CANNOT SPEAK FOR ANY DECISION OF A REGULATORY AGENCY: My prediction is that it will be released "soon." (Again: I have some experience with multiple companies manufacturing in china and the random nature of customs) I'm hoping this coming week, but I have no vision in the heart/mind of a bureaucrat.

So, I'm stepping back, taking a breath, and going back to doing things in life. I know my inclination is to hyper-focus on this bullshit, but honestly its just not worth the neuronal-firings. I can't change things, so I'm focusing on other things.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend, and I'll see y'all when we get notification that units are heading to our individual front doors.

Cheers.

Last edited:

AscentiaL

So, I'm stepping back, taking a breath, and going back to doing things in life. I know my inclination is to hyper-focus on this bullshit, but honestly its just not worth the neuronal-firings. I can't change things, so I'm focusing on other things.

This is probably the best idea. This, and putting pressure on DaVinci to be more communicative with details and updates regarding the situation.

Here's to hoping that this is *the* week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom