Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Frankly, there is little if anything that DV could or should say at this point, IMO. They need to get past Customs and go right to delivery. When finally put into the hands of the postman, let us know. Past lessons have taught us here that good news is not always that, and stirs the hot pot of public perception. I for one will consider no news, good news.:popcorn:
Among other things, I can't wrap my head around "shipments are arriving daily." Does that mean every day a brand new crate is arriving in customs, only to get stuck there? Will they all get cleared at once, or one at a time? How were they so positive shipments would start going out on Monday? And they must have dealt with this sort of thing before...did they have these problems with the original DaVinci? How long did that take to clear up?

And why won't they show us a photo of the latch/seal thing?:shrug:

Dammit, I'm getting bitchy again. Sorry. Where did I put my Solo...and I need some of that popcorn...

sam reynolds,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
That's exactly what it is...a story. Only DV knows what's going on. I love stirring the shit pot as well as the next guy, but let's just wait and see how this all settles out.

As soon as the Ascent is in all of our hands, this will all be forgotten in clouds of vapor...:)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Lets not get carried away here. This reminds me of the Cera release. I have the original DV and still use the heck out of it and it hasn't skipped a beat in all that time. This product will no doubt in my mind be well worth the wait. Would we rather have something 2 months ago then love it, only to hate it when it breaks and we have to send it in for repair and be without it for a week or 2? The best way, in my opinion, is to wait for the flawless version so we can beat the shit out of it for 2 years with no worries until the next best thing comes out! AHHHHH SWEET PATIENCE! :smug:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: nigel

smokie

If it is because they are waiting for enough units for distributors I won't be happy! As I could of got it cheaper from one of them, only reason I went through davinci was because we were meant to get them first! But I will wait and see what happens

Doobrrr

As a server in a busy restaurant I can understand overselling a product. When you have 9 or 10 people selling the same few items you can get burried pretty quick! But if that is the case, I can't understand how you could leave those people in the dark about what is going on. Communication is key! Let people know what is going on and deal with whiney bitches as they come. You'll give away less free shit and have an opportunity to build relationships with the people that you can please! With that being said I have purchased a Mflb :mflb:till all this mayhem subsides. So Davinci, good luck with the dealing with people thing and I'll be checking back later!!!

Doobrrr,
Reactions: lwien

Zorbak

I'm an easy-going guy, but this waiting has really gotten out of hand. All I've been wanting for MONTHS is a nice portable that I can take out on my back porch and stealthily enjoy a beautiful evening. Now i'm afraid winter is going to roll around before I even see the damn thing!

grokit

well-worn member
This could have gone so much more smoothly and without questions of impropriety. What a total fail at managing the expectations of both their end users and retail distributors. Now that we all know their stated explanation is bs they could at least try to spin it positive. Oh yeah free t-shirts.

grokit,

Sonics420

This is crazy, I really thought units would be shipped this week. Seemed so convincing with that batch pre order.. I really thought they had batches in hand lol..

Once again, my patience wins cause I didn't put in the order.. Like I've said for other vapes, no money if I dont get a tracking confirmation within a day or 2.

Shoot, when I first got my XP(one of the 1st to get it) I even had the store owner take a pic of it with my name by it :lol:

Sonics420,

Medical Mark

:horse:Well I guess next week is a new week of speculation and anxiety Lol
We're beating a dead horse here, maybe we shouldn't beat this horse to death.
If we beat this horse to death, will we bring it back to life.
:doh: We are going in circles, here.
Medical mark

Medical Mark,

Shrike

:horse:Well I guess next week is a new week of speculation and anxiety Lol
We're beating a dead horse here, maybe we shouldn't beat this horse to death.
If we beat this horse to death, will we bring it back to life.
:doh: We are going in circles, here.
Medical mark

If you're beating a horse to death, then you are in the wrong forum, as that is actually accomplishing something...

Now, if you are beating a horse that is already dead, then you are in the right forum...because we are trying very hard to accomplish nothing here...:):nod:

Vaporito

Well at least I got my refund from EZVapes on my credit statement...

Still no word from DV... uhm it's gotten eerily quiet around here..

Vaporito,

defy

What grinds my gears about the whole situation is Davinci was pretty good about commenting and checking in here on FC (even holding haiku contests and giveaways) up until the Ascent was about to come out. Right around when the reviewers got their first units, DV went silent.

A lot of this uproar and anger could be alleviated in less than 5 minutes a week but instead they let the angry hoard march on.

I'm still hoping this unit is as good as the reviewers have said and DV can get them shipping soon so that in a month or two this is all just a bad after taste.

~defy

Vaporito

And to think they are\were known for the excellent Customer Service. What happened?

All we need here is for Davinci to stop lurking, and let us know what's going on... Like someone mentioned... Less than 5 min.

If I did to own the original dv and know they can put put an excellent product... I would have been long gone...

Shrike

It really is surprising that they have not come on at all except for one brief visit a week or two ago. It's not like they are overwhelmed with packing up new orders and shipping them if all the product is in Customs right now. Dropping in for a minute once a week would have calmed the frenzied masses somewhat...

Yeah...not how I would have handled it.

Get you started about what, lwien...??? :):cool:

theCerberus

I'm fairly disappointed there is no "end of week update". I expected something other than my order just sitting in "awaiting fullfillment"

theCerberus,

grokit

well-worn member
I'm still hoping this unit is as good as the reviewers have said

I'm just hoping that this unit actually exists beyond the prototypes, we have been provided with no evidence of that so far. At best, this is a textbook case of poor brand management and public relations.

lwien

"All I got was this stupid shirt" :rofl:

zhg7.jpg

That would be sooooo funny if they mailed you this shirt. That would just make me love DV all over again.

"Dear Mister/Missis customer,
Enclosed, please find our gift to you for your ever-present patience and dedication to our brand, for it is people like you that allows us to continue in our pursuit to "try" and bring to market, not only the most advanced vaporizer there is, but to also bring you into our family fold. We thank you again.
Sincerely,
DaVinci

Last edited:

Reveen

The lack of updates (or anything) from Da Vinci is a little disturbing to me. I'd be a little more freaked out if it was a brand new company and this was their first vape, but it is not. Its from a company that is already established and I wouldn't think that they would want this negative attention. So far the customer service/communication has been pretty poor. Hell, I'd rather them keep the t-shirt and all the extra stuff if they would just keep us in the loop as to what is going on. Especially to those of us that have already paid for it.

That being said, I'm still very excited for this unit and hope all is well with our Acents and Da Vinci in general. I'm sure its very stressful on them to launch a product and not having everything go very smoothly, but I kinda feel like they shot themselves in the foot somehow and that is the reason there is no update for us. I agree with many of you when you say that just the couple of minutes it would take to sign in and post a quick update would calm down a lot of the rumors and unhappy customers.

lwien

I agree with many of you when you say that just the couple of minutes it would take to sign in and post a quick update would calm down a lot of the rumors and unhappy customers.

I think it may be the same dynamic that goes on when people refuse to open up their late payment bills and just stuff them into a corner somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom