Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i ordered the stealth just so i was in, but i am seriously thinking about not opening it and sending back when i get it

mmenzie,

grokit

well-worn member
I couldn't decide between burlwood and croc so I got stealth 'cause I'm a ninja :ninja::tup:

I did have a weird experience, couldn't complete the checkout with ff/osx, so I went to safari and checked out nicely through paypal with the 14mm straight adapter. Shipping was free but I could have added $5 for priority mail. I assume it's coming 1st class mail which is the same level of service.

The weird thing is that I got two confirmations from paypal when I checked my email, so I was afraid that the ff order went through somehow and I ordered two :o

But all was good, I logged into both my paypal and davinci accounts and saw that I had only ordered the one, and the paypal transaction numbers were the same on the two emails.

While I'm really looking forward to this,:drool:
I'm done buying vaporizers for a loooooong time :rolleyes:

jivebuggered

Well i just ordered mine for a grand total of $444 AUD That`s RIGHT $444 unbelievable. I am such a wanker to pay for ONE POSTAGE OPTION of $117 ONE!!!!!( FEDEX) PLUS $25 HANDLING FEE (golden gloves and feathers for that much) PLUS crappy US dollar to Aussie dollar exchange rate totals $444!! oh don`t forget the FREE gift WOW!!

Tweek

I'm done buying vaporizers for a loooooong time :rolleyes:

Thanks for the lolz

drunk-baby-meme-love-this-guy.jpg

Well i just ordered mine for a grand total of $444 AUD That`s RIGHT $444 unbelievable. I am such a wanker to pay for ONE POSTAGE OPTION of $117 ONE!!!!!( FEDEX) PLUS $25 HANDLING FEE (golden gloves and feathers for that much) PLUS crappy US dollar to Aussie dollar exchange rate totals $444!! oh don`t forget the FREE gift WOW!!

I can't believe you paid $117 for shipping either. You must really want that Ascent :spliff:

Maybe email DV and see if there is a cheaper option?

Tweek

Woot! Ordered the stealth ascent! Happy this nightmare is over! Just have to wait now.

Threw 5 dollars for (hopefully) faster shipping. What is five bucks at this point!?

Now I have something to pair with my volcano! Happy days!

lol @ nightmare.

Seriously...I can tell you about some real life nightmares. Actually, just turn on the news...:ninja:

Glad you got your order in. It's exciting getting a new gadget :)

jivebuggered

Woot! Ordered the stealth ascent! Happy this nightmare is over! Just have to wait now.

Threw 5 dollars for (hopefully) faster shipping. What is five bucks at this point!?

Now I have something to pair with my volcano! Happy days!
$5 extra for postage I WISH!!!!

jivebuggered,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Snappo did you ask ezvapes if they are getting there vapes from DV or from gotvape like a lot of vendors do?
In case you all care I got an email tonight so I was in the third group and I reg before it went up publicly. I am not getting one at the moment so that leaves a spot open for someone else to jump in. I am going for a discount as I don't need a water tool. Originally DV said we would have options for freebies, mine would have been a discount. I don't use water enough to justify paying full retail price. I don't even know if this vape as I said yesterday will fit in my arsenal so I will wait on the mass reviews and vids I hope.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: nigel

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I just made the plunge as well. I wanted the Stealth so this works out perfect. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy one or not, but I decided to pull the trigger.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you are using flowers the straight is fine and less chance of breaking although maybe resale of the U will fetch more.

Dreamerr,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Snappo did you ask ezvapes if they are getting there vapes from DV or from gotvape like a lot of vendors do?
Your question is key to the whole mystery. GV & DV are not the US dist. in question. I've said all I can say. :|

Snappo,

grokit

well-worn member
I am sooooo wishing I hadn't sold my pinnacle tube now :(

The guy I bought it from on ebay took an offer of $95 shipped for it if that helps :\

Dreamerr I was thinking that the u-shaped tube was because the Ascent wants to operate in an upright position, is this not necessarily the case?

grokit,

brewer

If it's for a bong wouldn't you want the u-shaped versions?

I got the straight 14mm one for my pinnacle ht.

straight or u-shaped.... just depends whether you want Ascent inverted or not.... u-shape for oils (on bongs) cause you don't want 'em upside down and draining out...

that's how I figure it anyway...

edit:straight seems like the right choice for a Hydra-tube... so oils are easy if you want that :)

theCerberus

i got the 14mm straight and planning to use the pinnacle water tool, so it doesnt matter, it will still be upright.

what i am really worried about is the thickness of the glass tube that comes with it, it looks like it may have to take a fairly large amount of weight/force pressed down upon it, and could in a worst case, snap. maybe im off and it is actually not that weak, it just looks thin from the photos, so i wonder how much force it can actually take.

i opted against 18mm straight even though i have a cloud evolver hydracirc, because it is a fairly heavy piece of glass that would sit atop that thin tube.

theCerberus,

grokit

well-worn member
I'm not sure how the tube part works but the diagrams that I've seen seem pretty simple. I am mostly excited about the party port mouthpiece or whatever they call it, that seems like it could be a very nice innovation.

If it also works well with the ht that will be a huge bonus, that adapter is a big reason I ordered direct (besides impatience). But as my main reason for getting this is so I have something to travel with/jam in my pocket if I want to, it's not that big of a deal.

I'm just glad the portable search is over, it's a lot more challenging to meet my needs with a portable than I thought it would be and I have definitely more than flirted with a few different models.

grokit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom