Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
How in the hell can you be pissed when in Maui? Whenever I was there, I don't think anything could get me pissed.

Well, someone could continue to derail the thread I just tried to clean up...

You need to learn the difference between moderator-pissed and pissed-in-general. ;)

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Why would you do this?

to get one so i can possibly return it for a wood one that i waited so patiently all these months for and is the only one i ever really wanted but not miss out on the free adapter. like i said though i am "thinking" about it

mmenzie,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Did anybody take advantage of the first day of pre-registration sales?

I expected to see some accounts of successful (or not) orders, especially since my "invitation" is for tomorrow. Oddly enough I got another invitation from DV, but this one for a Friday sale. Since they responded so promptly to the uproar on this board I expect they have a system in mind to service the pre-registered first. There doesn't seem to be any cause for alarm.

Sinclue,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Did anybody take advantage of the first day of pre-registration sales?

I expected to see some accounts of successful (or not) orders, especially since my "invitation" is for tomorrow. Oddly enough I got another invitation from DV, but this one for a Friday sale. Since they responded so promptly to the uproar on this board I expect they have a system in mind to service the pre-registered first. There doesn't seem to be any cause for alarm.
look in the ascent gibberish thread. Lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Stu

Tweek

to get one so i can possibly return it for a wood one that i waited so patiently all these months for and is the only one i ever really wanted but not miss out on the free adapter. like i said though i am "thinking" about it

I see. I thought you were just planning on returning it because you were upset about the wait.

Tweek,
After lurking on FC for several months now, I have finally decided to make an account and to begin posting! Just wanted to also let everyone know that I successfully placed an order through the DaVinci website for one 'Stealth' Ascent as soon as the pre-purchase window opened (7:00 pm my time)! I actually wanted the 'Burl Wood'-print Ascent, but everything except the Stealth was listed as 'unavailable at this time.' I know I will be very pleased with my purchase, and it is because of this forum/community that everyone (including us lurkers) can make informed vaporizer decisions!

P.S. Please also know that I pre-registered for the Ascent mailing list. I don't know how DaVinci is going to go about this pre-sale process for those not registered, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

terminally_chill,
Reactions: grokit

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Since this is the gibberish thread....
(Hey look! I didn't double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-post! :) )

Guys, not to be a debbie downer, but I don't think DV really cares which customers they sell direct to first...

Uh... yeah they do. They selected the best informed and RABID user-base to seed to. After the video-reviewers, who do you think their best salespersons on the internet would be? Random fabcebook users? I think not.

They just wanted to get the product hyped up for the release...

Well, see... there you go making my point for me. ;) Sorta.

That all said, I am not so naive to think DV created a pre-registration for our benefit....

Well, again, yeah they did. *Deliberately* for our benefit. It's a "i'll scratch your back, and you'll be pleased enough to scratch mine, and while you are at it, not shut up about scratching all over the damn interwebs" kinda-thang.

They did it because it helps them sell more products,

Well, there you go again proving my point for me. ;) Sorta.

People tend to forget that any mutually agreed upon interaction is to the perceptive-advantage of BOTH parties. Or culture has ruined us to think that everything is zero-sum.
BAD CULTURE, BAD!!

[SIDENOTE: Brewer-- not really pickin' on you here... jus' pickin' on some of your comments. :rofl: Really minor distinctions, but, Hey! this is the gibberish thread! :) :) ]

===========

Based on good current information from their US distributor, EZVAPES.COM honestly expects to receive their initial Ascent shipment by the end of this month, and will then immediately ship.

Bold added by me.
If we re-read Davinci's post:
We will be shipping to US distribution by mid August and those units will go to ground retailers specifically. No other web retailers besides GotVape and Toronto Vaporizer have been approved to receive units at this time.

Bold added by me.
So, two take-aways: A) Only one web retailer in the US and one in Canada (Toronto is still in Canadia, right?) have been approved at this time, and B) DISTRIBUTORS don't get their until mid-August (albeit for brick and mortar destinations).

But then you say this:
Without divulging the particulars of our conversation, exchanged in confidence....

So, I'll trust you have facts not in evidence. :)
Don't let us down! :p

============

Well, someone could continue to derail the thread I just tried to clean up...

Pak... dying to know... which thread did you move and then move back again.
But don't tell me now... Tell me later so I don't owe you Maui minutes. ;)

============

In case you all care I got an email tonight so I was in the third group

*I* care.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pak... dying to know... which thread did you move and then move back again.
But don't tell me now... Tell me later so I don't owe you Maui minutes. ;)

You can find out without charge by reading the Ascent thread. :\

After lurking on FC for several months now, I have finally decided to make an account and to begin posting! Just wanted to also let everyone know that I successfully placed an order through the DaVinci website for one 'Stealth' Ascent as soon as the pre-purchase window opened (7:00 pm my time)! I actually wanted the 'Burl Wood'-print Ascent, but everything except the Stealth was listed as 'unavailable at this time.' I know I will be very pleased with my purchase, and it is because of this forum/community that everyone (including us lurkers) can make informed vaporizer decisions!

P.S. Please also know that I pre-registered for the Ascent mailing list. I don't know how DaVinci is going to go about this pre-sale process for those not registered, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

terminally_chill: Your post didn't disappear from the Ascent thread, I moved it here. Twice.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Dreamerr

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
You can find out without charge by reading the Ascent thread. :\

HEY!!! Said don't charge me Maui Minutes!!

Besides, this comment
Um.. this one didn't make the cut?

Only leads me to the top of the Gibberish thread page 17, and the first thing there is a Medical Mark comment, so now I'm even *more* confused. :) (Sorry MM! Just kidding!)

Okay... after looking through posts, now I see only two of Jab's comments didn't wind up in the gibberish thread... and one was the one I quoted.

Fine. Make me do math.

nigel,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Bought and paid for but - I was signed up with the other first of FC preregisters and still have not received my email. I went and checked the survey page which used to show "Thanks for taking the survey" now had me fill out the blank page as if I never registered before. Did I lose my pre-reg spot? Or does it even matter now?
I feel as if I got in with the first batch of units by purchasing at 4:57 PST and have received my confirmation #.

exhaleclouds,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
So did the whole pre registration mean nothing?

I think it was their honest effort to dose out the early batches. They don't appear to be web/media geniuses, or have a firm grasp on how information travels online, but I'm sure they did the best they could with the resources/personnel/time available.

As long as the vape itself is kick-ass, we should all be pretty happy once the dust settles. And that's all that matters, right?

Jab

nigel said:
Only leads me to the top of the Gibberish thread page 17 [...] after looking through posts, now I see only two of Jab's comments didn't wind up in the gibberish thread [...]

Yeah, pakalolo -- being a stand-up dude while vacationing on Maui no less -- moved it back to the official thread. Here it is -- with our exchange some posts later.

Tweek

So did the whole pre registration mean nothing?

One would like to think they have some way of detecting line jumpers, but then that would be turning away a confirmed sale, which I doubt they would do. So I am going to assume with everyone else, that it became a "first come, first served" scenario.

At the end of the day, it's the fault of those who chose to leak the email. Not just here, but elsewhere. Wasn't DV who ruined that party as far as I can tell.

Tweek,
Reactions: salivape

PoopFights

For those who were successful ordering last night, does anyone know when they are supposed to ship? I got my email confirmation of the order but nothing about shipping. I paid the extra $5 hoping it would get to me sooner.

PoopFights,

2 Paces

does anyone know when they are supposed to ship?

DaVinci said this in the other thread in reference to the pre-registration orders:

"There are limited batches coming in daily and we will start shipping to our customers on 7.29"

Doesn't mean it's definite, but it came from DaVinci.

2 Paces,

PoopFights

DaVinci said this in the other thread in reference to the pre-registration orders:

"There are limited batches coming in daily and we will start shipping to our customers on 7.29"

Thank you! I must have missed that in the other thread

PoopFights,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist

I hope those batches are consistent. What if a batch or two out of 10 has factory defects? I hope there are serial numbers to track different batches.

sxmokeUP,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom