Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

uoste="brewer, post: 427644, member: 12610"]it's just a vaporizer... And DV created the mess by offering the early registration...

They get lots marketing by doing so, which is good for them... but flaming each other is a little out of line.....

DV can sell to whomever and whenever and in whatever order they want; no enforceable contract was formed between DV and anyone who registered early to get a unit before anyone else because (among other reasons) there was no consideration paid by registrants.

Stated another way, DV made an unenforceable promise to people who registered early to promote its product; early registration is a marketing gimmick, and no one is entitled or has any right to get a unit before anyone else.

If you want to blame anyone--->blame DV. Personally, I just can't wait to see the first reviews of people who get them first! :)[/quote]

it's not just a vaporizer is a $250 vaporizer that I paid for on the promise that would be here at a specific time. If DV pushed back the date that's a different story but the fact that they're telling me that I'm going to be getting my to my device by the first week of August is completely ridiculous. The fact that they're lying proves that the company is not the kind company that I want to be spending my money with or supporting in any way shape or form. In addition since canceling my order from ezv I now have to wait X amount of days until the money is refunded before I can purchase it from a reputable dealer or dv. I have no qualms with DV I don't have a problem waiting for the device to be ready. But but the fact that a company is lying to me so I can give them my money is unacceptable.

Lazarus,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
WTF i got all those annoying davinci emails promoting the original davinci(thinking it was about the ascent) and all the emails about the delays but when the finally send out an email regarding the presale....nothing

Mynameismud,

Jab

Vapnoob said:
I would have issued a code [...] This way every ascent would go to the the proper position in the queue.

Sure. I went from the current situation (in which no codes were used). They also stated:
DV said:
We will do our best to filter and check each corresponding registered email address.
Queue position could be inferred from the pre-order timestamp. Anyway -- enough said on this.

Jab,

brewer

Guys, not to be a debbie downer, but I don't think DV really cares which customers they sell direct to first...

They just wanted to get the product hyped up for the release... They'll try to make everyone feel special because they "registered" early, but that was just hype and marketing, e.g. they will send out emails and give a freebee with the purchase--which is cool--but on their end, goal met (minus the production headaches) : lots of Ascents being sold!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Guys, not to be a debbie downer, but I don't think DV really cares which customers they sell direct to first...

They just wanted to get the product hyped up for the release... They'll try to make everyone feel special because they "registered" early, but that was just hype and marketing, e.g. they will send out emails and give a freebee with the purchase--which is cool--but on their end, goal met (minus the production headaches) : lots of Ascents being sold!
I think you're wrong (no offence ... just my opinion :)) ... I think DaVinci does care ... they've shown themselves to operate a pretty ethical business, and are doing their best to do right by their customers and yet people seem to repeatedly feel the need to bash them for everything they didn't do perfectly as opposed to commend them on what they did well ... maybe hold off on your complaining until you actually get a unit and have issues with it? Or maybe if you pay for it and don't get it? Seems to me they are doing their best and yet nobody seems to give a shit ... everyone's a critic ... (I don't have it in for ThermoVape and yet that ordeal with the Cera was much worse and they actually had my money months in advance before constantly changing their story ... DV's story has evolved but to me has never been misleading, just some goals/hopes were not always met ... TV it seems to me has done right by everyone in the end and I'm sure DV will too)

Sorry for stirring the pot :lol:

brewer

For the record, I am not complaining about DV; I am complaining about those complaining and being impatient and caring if someone gets a unit before them. That all said, I am not so naive to think DV created a pre-registration for our benefit....

They did it because it helps them sell more products, in turn that will lower prices for us--so that's about the only way I think they care about us... It's not like they're inviting us over for dinner and ice cream... At least I haven't got any invites :)

brewer,

brewer

I'll mention this once, and don't take it literal or the wrong way, but when I read people getting all worked up--i can't help but think it reminds me of black friday crazies at wal-mart killing each other over video games... :shrug:

And grokit, I'll be puffing a cloud in your honor is just wee bit! (It will be better than an Ascent, which I look forward to, I guarantee that!)

Tweek

I'll mention this once, and don't take it literal or the wrong way, but when I read people getting all worked up--i can't help but think it reminds me of black friday crazies at wal-mart killing each other over video games... :shrug:

And grokit, I'll be puffing a cloud in your honor is just wee bit! (It will be better than an Ascent, which I look forward to, I guarantee that!)

Thankfully this isn't a 2 dollar waffle maker. :D

Kaptan

Ordering is up! I just added my preferred water adapter in the comments. I thought we were going to get free overnight shipping??

Kaptan,

brewer

it's not just a vaporizer is a $250 vaporizer that I paid for on the promise that would be here at a specific time. If DV pushed back the date that's a different story but the fact that they're telling me that I'm going to be getting my to my device by the first week of August is completely ridiculous. The fact that they're lying proves that the company is not the kind company that I want to be spending my money with or supporting in any way shape or form. In addition since canceling my order from ezv I now have to wait X amount of days until the money is refunded before I can purchase it from a reputable dealer or dv. I have no qualms with DV I don't have a problem waiting for the device to be ready. But but the fact that a company is lying to me so I can give them my money is unacceptable.

Geez, man, you kinda sound like someone who would sue a doctor for failing to predict the exact and correct day your wife is suppose give birth?! Somethings no one knows, and if pressed people just give their best guess.

I have spoke to EZ Vapes before and they seem nice to me... They answer phones in person even--who does that now-a-days?! They didn't try to lie to me, they just guessed at an arrival date based on what bogus information DV supplied them..... and they will cancel your order without a problem if you want... So I don't get the animosity towards them..

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
OK ...First, my apologies to EZVAPES.COM, and to my fellow FC members for adding to the frustration and confusion concerning the Ascent resellers and shipment schedules. Shortly following my email to EZVAPES this afternoon, EZV phoned to help clarify for me the confusion that DV's FC post has caused. It is obvious to me now that DV's post tells some, but not all of the story, and frankly left too many questions unanswered. Based on good current information from their US distributor, EZVAPES.COM honestly expects to receive their initial Ascent shipment by the end of this month, and will then immediately ship. Davinci's post did not contain all the information necessary for us to conclude that this was possible.

Without divulging the particulars of our conversation, exchanged in confidence, I can say that my faith in EZV has been restored.

Again, my apologies to all concerned.

vape4health

You guys see that old lady getting beat up over the last crock skin over at DV.

Waiting to see /read what you guys think.

vape4health,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Is stealth the only option?

I've been hitting refresh since 16:58 and no wood burl

JCat

Accessory Maker
Is stealth the only option?

I've been hitting refresh since 16:58 and no wood burl
I just went for Stealth so not sure ... maybe :) ... if you want the fancy wood burl you might have to wait longer :lol:

JCat,

Medical Mark

Right on I'm on my way too cool

Your Order Contains...
Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci - Stealth
(Pre-Registration Gift: Glass U-Adapter 14mm)

Its all done awesome

Medical Mark,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom