Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think this is way different in a lot of ways as what happened with the cera. As many said the FB thing is what puts the nail in the coffin. As claimed here many times it isn't the person who posts here but it is still someone that works for the company and it is just not nice at all. Emails pushing the DV or flex straws is also a slap in the face as far as I am concerned.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Paka, in light of what has happened here, from all the way back to the false starts of the Haiku contest, to the lack of communication to my particular situation with that fracken gift certificate that I still haven't received, , to what is happening here, and to what has transpired at their facebook page, what would you consider to be reasonable?

I was speaking to the idea that people would be grown-ups who would not be reacting like this if DV were providing more communications. I don't believe that's true, as I said.

I've met some of the people behind the Ascent and communicated with others. I find a lot of the suggestions in this thread about their intentions and integrity to be unwarranted. If they have chosen not to make announcements about the delay, I take that to mean that there is no new information, and that there is no point in announcing that over and over again. I think they've seen what has happened to other manufacturers who have encountered delays and based on that they've decided that this is the best course of action. People disagree, of course, and I could be well off the mark in any case. That's how I see it though, and if I'm right then a reasonable person will just wait it out. There will be an Ascent, of that I'm confident.

I respectfully disagree paka ;
Evidence does show their lack of communication with FC members .
Also who' is stopping them from communicating to us ?
And I think you may be underestimating the mature adults we have on FC .
Just ONE communication , doesn't automatically turn us into the same Cera mob inquiries .

Even if they came on here and said ;
' people , we are also in the dark about this custom situation , we apologize , we don't know...'
That's all we are asking for . Make one post DV .

No, I'm not underestimating anybody. I moderate this forum and I think I have a pretty good handle on how it works. I had to close the original Cera thread because of misbehaviour, and this thread exists for much the same reasons. I've had to move countless posts into this thread because people can't control themselves. I have not seen any miraculous reformation that suggests people would react any differently than they did with the Cera, and I'm pretty sure I watch this stuff more closely than you or Dreamerr.

Last edited:

lwien

I've met some of the people behind the Ascent and communicated with others. I find a lot of the suggestions in this thread about their intentions and integrity to be unwarranted.

I guess that's the question then. If you never met any of the people behind the Ascent or personally have not communicated with any of them (as most all here haven't), would you still feel that the questions in regards to their integrity would be unwarranted?

tamale

If they have chosen not to make announcements about the delay, I take that to mean that there is no new information, and that there is no point in announcing that over and over again.

But there has been new information about the delay... Conky and novicevape were both told that we will have to wait 2 more weeks minimum. DaVinci should be providing us with constant updates, and it's screwed up that they have witheld this information from most of the customers.

The only thing I see ascending around here, is blood pressure. heuhehhehehehe :razz:

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHGHGHGGHGHGHGHWERT57664354%*^(%&)&R&()&*(&
24zis0y.jpg

Meghan

I was speaking to the idea that people would be grown-ups who would not be reacting like this if DV were providing more communications. I don't believe that's true, as I said.

I've met some of the people behind the Ascent and communicated with others. I find a lot of the suggestions in this thread about their intentions and integrity to be unwarranted. If they have chosen not to make announcements about the delay, I take that to mean that there is no new information, and that there is no point in announcing that over and over again. I think they've seen what has happened to other manufacturers who have encountered delays and based on that they've decided that this is the best course of action. People disagree, of course, and I could be well off the mark in any case. That's how I see it though, and if I'm right then a reasonable person will just wait it out. There will be an Ascent, of that I'm confident.

As in any situation, some people will be grown-ups and some won't. The difference is that right now, even the patient grown-ups among us are feeling slighted and left in the dark. If DV made an official announcement somewhere with an explanation for this delay, I honestly missed it. Before they posted their replies to comments on FB this morning (after I made my first post on this thread), I hadn't seen one mention of the word "customs" from them...just from unaffiliated sources here. Unfortunately, I take everything from unaffiliated sources with a grain of salt, so that didn't really cut it for me.

It sounds like DV is answering phone calls and that's great, because at least the information is making its way to us...I just really wish they would choose to disseminate this information to the masses, so all of us who have paid for an Ascent can know what's happening. Even if that information is "Our shipment is stuck in customs and we just don't know."

I have no conspiracy theories, nor do I believe that the people at DV are intentionally being malicious or disrespectful to their customers. I suspect they are simply overwhelmed and dealing with a bad situation rather poorly. I'm a professional, too. I get it. The difference is, professionally, I'm not allowed to simply stop speaking to my customers or willfully ignore their concerns when the **** hits the fan. I'm sure they are all good people, but right now they aren't being terribly good business people. (IMHO).

Dreamerr

Why do I have to have my name highlighted damn paka. I really think it is the FB thing and the pushing of the old product. I do agree that if they keep telling us nothing or they came in and told us they don't know anything I think it will be just as wild.

Dreamerr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I guess that's the question then. If you never met any of the people behind the Ascent or personally have not communicated with any of them (as most all here haven't), would you still feel that the questions in regards to their integrity would be unwarranted?

A lot of them, yes, because there isn't the slightest shred of evidence to support them. For example, people have speculated that the Ascent doesn't even exist. Really? WTF did I hit at the TY Expo? What has stickstones been hitting?

But there has been new information about the delay... Conky and novicevape were both told that we will have to wait 2 more weeks minimum. DaVinci should be providing us with constant updates, and it's screwed up that they have witheld this information from most of the customers.

Thanks for the example of exactly what I've been saying.

Why do I have to have my name highlighted damn paka. I really think it is the FB thing and the pushing of the old product. I do agree that if they keep telling us nothing or they came in and told us they don't know anything I think it will be just as wild.

Because I always highlight a member name, Dreamerr.

Besides, I likes you. :luv:

GanjaDude

The problem is DV told multiple people they are looking at at least 2 weeks. Why dont DV come out and tell everyone Hey were looking at at least 2 weeks they are stuck in customs if anything changes we will let you know.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
This. This. A million times this.

I think I was plenty patient right up until the moment they started taking people's money. At that point getting information second- or third-hand is unacceptable.

They have a responsibility to their paying customers to keep them informed.

Dreamerr

I think in reality, all fooling around aside, that they should shut the fuck up on fb and send out an email to the people that purchased. I do agree with paka that it shouldn't be done here or on fb. I will repeat they should shut the fuck up on fb as it is making people really mad. It made me loose respect for them. Nothing they did here did that.

vape4health

I have no conspiracy theories, nor do I believe that the people at DV are intentionally being malicious or disrespectful to their customers. I suspect they are simply overwhelmed and dealing with a bad situation rather poorly. I'm a professional, too. I get it. The difference is, professionally, I'm not allowed to simply stop speaking to my customers or willfully ignore their concerns when the **** hits the fan. I'm sure they are all good people, but right now they aren't being terribly good business people. (IMHO).
My clients are the most informed WHEN shit hits the fan, I take no news to mean everything is perfect. But come on, they obviously have a spam thing, in this day isn't mass email better (cheaper/faster/the norm) then answering phone calls or fb or here. It's just odd.

grokit

well-worn member
I just read through the facebook page and I didn't see any taunting. The closest thing I noticed was #5 on shit to do this summer, get an ascent, more like wishful thinking but not taunting.

Posting information about vaping and cleaning and the original davinci, still a decent option at 1/2 the price of the ascent, is posting useful information, nothing wrong with that.

I did see them express their own frustration with the ascent situation and outright apologize a few times, I'm not sure what else they can do.

If you pre-ordered they will refund you your money if you want, or you can wait for the fucking t-shirt. Don't bitch make a decision.

I assume that davinci is as in the dark as we are, and all they said was at least two weeks.

If it ends up being six or 16 weeks instead, everybody will bitch that they said two so I understand completely why they wouldn't make a general announcement.

:horse:

tamale

If you pre-ordered they will refund you your money if you want, or you can wait for the fucking t-shirt. Don't bitch make a decision.

I assume that davinci is as in the dark as we are, and all they said was at least two weeks.

If it ends up being six or 16 weeks instead, everybody will bitch that they said two so I understand completely why they wouldn't make a general announcement.

I assume that DaVinci is not in the dark as we are. Presumably they know the reason for the customs delay. Different reasons mean different delay times. If they told us the reason for the delay then we could get a better idea of the timespan, and make an informed decision.

novicevape

I guess a lot of folks on this thread have been patiently waiting for the Ascent. For some reason or the other, the release kept getting delayed. We all understand that manufacturing and customs may result in delays. Heck there are always uncertainties surrounding new product releases.

From what I have seen of DV's responses on this thread, they provide info as/when necessary. At this point, they probably don't have much to add. No matter what they say, it is going to come out to bite them. They have probably learnt from their past experiences.

If I am not mistaken, the next time you will hear from them is when they actually have a valuable update. i.e. when their shipment clears the customs and are ready to ship it out to users. My thoughts.

Having said that, in their previous announcement they mentioned and I quote: "As a result, units will be shipped as soon as they become available to us and as always we will keep you posted on their release."

We would at least hope for a weekly update. Not on this forum but to customers who pre-ordered. Just a line saying they are still in customs or something alike. And keep providing a weekly update until it is out.

It has been a frustrating release for all of us but let us not lose hope. Ascent will be here. If not Spring 2013, definitely by Fall 2013 :D.

Cheers

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I think that if davinci was certain that itd be too long of a wait they would send an email to those that have paid directly offering a refund. The fact that that hasn't happened yet leads me to believe they remain optimistic, which makes me hold onto my last drop of optimism (maybe I'm just naive). They have been a reputable company with great customer service in the past. I'm sure their as stressed as we are (after all they have a lot more riding on this than 250$). It doesn't change the fact that this brings out the angry nerd waiting for the newest tech toy to release in me.

rsqemt911

There will be an Ascent, of that I'm confident.

How's that MiVape working for you?

I think that if davinci was certain that itd be too long of a wait they would send an email to those that have paid directly offering a refund. The fact that that hasn't happened yet leads me to believe they remain optimistic,
No. It means they dont want to return our $$ unless we demand it. And the people so far who have, have had to jump through hoops to get that.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
No ones reported "jumping through any hoops" for a refund I don't believe. I don't think davinci is out to steal from us, their only flaw has been not keeping us informed as much as we'd like! They sent an email about the customs hold up, maybe they think that is all that's warranted right now. Either way I'm gonna stick it out atleast until my Paypal grace is about to be up.

No ones reported "jumping through any hoops" for a refund I don't believe. I don't think davinci is out to steal from us, their only flaw has been not keeping us informed as much as we'd like! They sent an email about the customs hold up, maybe they think that is all that's warranted right now. Either way I'm gonna stick it out atleast until my Paypal grace is about to be up.
this happened to me when I wanted to cancel my order via torontovaporizer

HMCS.AVENGER,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
this happened to me when I wanted to cancel my order via torontovaporizer
Ohhh sorry I wasn't taking into consideration those that preordered from a vendor rather than direct. That's kind of my point as to why I was patient and ordered direct though, in hopes of avoiding this kind of thing. I don't think people are having trouble getting a refund directly from DV though.

Last edited:
VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
How's that MiVape working for you?

No. It means they dont want to return our $$ unless we demand it. And the people so far who have, have had to jump through hoops to get that.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

I guess you think it's amusing to compare apples and oranges. Vaporfection took money up front and sent shills to pump their products on FC, DaVinci has done neither of these.

novicevape

I googled around to see how long it takes to clear customs. We are probably looking at a time frame of 2-8 weeks to clear the customs. Their shipment was probably held around the last week of July. Worst case scenario, we are looking at 8 weeks (to clear customs) + 1 week (for DV to receive and sort items) + 1 week (for us to receive) = approx. 10 weeks. So, hopefully by end of September or early October the Ascent should be in our hands. This is, ofcourse, assuming there are no other hickups.

I plan to wait it out to get my Ascent but it would serve us all well to assume this worst case scenario and be mentally prepared. I know it is frustrating but you can't control the uncontrollables!

Peace,
NV

Sources:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110427205825AAFujHl
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_...he_US_Customs_sorting_center_in_San_Francisco

And various other sites ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom