Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Tweek

the problem is there are not a lot of conduction vapes out there, and they all have big ovens which need to be packed tightly, save the mflb. I don't think the industry as a whole understands this yet. When the Pax came out and had such great success with such an old style of heating, others took note. It's a cheap heating method that is easy to understand and reengineer, but not practiced much. I don't hang out in the Pax thread, but if you do, were there many complaints about bowl size? Because it is bigger than the Ascent's.

PAX does get alot of flak for the bowl size and being conduction and is known as a bit of a herb hog.

Tweek,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Big bowl and conduction makes for using up herb faster period. Like I said I went through a lot in my testing and it was not medicating as it would in my other vapes and my miles were at 1 with the same amount of herb that I could get 50 miles out of or maybe more.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
then it will be something to consider with this vape as well. It won't be long and manufacturers using this kind of heating strategy will soon be offering their units with spacers included. I assume the glass flowers would work equally as well in the Pax as the Ascent, but the pure taste of the Ascent is fantastic.

finding a spacer that you like will be key. I was having great efficiency results using spacers.

stickstones,
Reactions: nigel

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Are they making you pay for shipping to return the unit a second time? My replacement will be going back to DV. I hope the third time is the charm for me. This is turning into one big joke.
I paid for it. Your right though, big joke. I'm sure you can make a good argument for them to pick up shipping. In my case I'm using it as corporate deduction.

njluvdr,

Vaporito

Regarding the bowl size and loads, that's one of the biggest reasons why I love my Solo. I have both shorty and regular stems so I can pack a bowl for one or two people.

Even though it's a pain. if a puck, hat or whatever can do the same for the Ascent, then that should fix the issue and provide the option of bowl size....

The Solo uses a stem with a screen or holes for a bowl, maybe The DV can do a small glass bowl with a screen on the bottom which will take up some of the area surface for the bowl size and still conduct with the inner\removable bowl being all glass?

Similar to the Solo if you were to break the stem into two - the bowl and the mouth piece?

Vaporito,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The first DaVinci is mostly conduction and it has a smaller chamber also works great with tiny loads, An awesome little vape IMO but some people do complain the chamber is too small. Maybe they were making up for that with a huge bowl on the ascent.

I use the OG Davinci almost daily and the long tVape that's full conduction and can just use a little NO2 scoopfull of herb, getting fully medicated.

I would like to be able to use a vape without adding something in the bowl with the bud. Glass beads and such just don't belong with my herb so having to use them is one giant Flaw that will stop me from ever owning an Ascent. It blows because so much about this vape is so cool. If they would come up with interchangeable Bowls or something it would be much better.

Who really wants to spend this kinda money knowing your gonna have to MacGyver it up right out of the Box?? Not me Anyways.

Last edited:

salivape

You sure you aren't Canadian? :D

:D I have to have a little giggle when I hear Canadians say 'about'. I'm sure us Brits don't sound right to you guys either haha

Back on topic.... so is there only one person so far reporting major off-gassing? This thread moves so fast, it's hard to keep up. My interest in this device is peaking again especially with all the good results with smaller loads.

salivape,
Reactions: Tweek

Razor

I think you guys should get replacements..... a full bowl in my new ascent last 30 minutes before its spent.... that's continuous usage.. I have to turn it off and back on cause the temp will start going to zero after 10 minutes or so. I dont know why there is such a difference between units.

Razor,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I think the sombrero WILL be the solution to bowl size and rising puck. I hope DV pursues this.

RD,

lwien

I just talked to DV yesterday and she said that she's putting me on the sombrero waiting list.
Go go go sombrero:

VREoVk9.jpg

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I'm pretty sure DV said that if/when the Sombrero becomes available, that we on FC would get it gratis as long as we informed her that we wanted one...:tup:

I could be wrong...but I'm too lazy to review what post it was...:)

EveryDayAmnesiac

So, I just put in the same amount I'd put in my all-glass Nano GonG (don't know how much exactly, but it's a very small amount) into the Ascent, didn't pack it down whatsoever, didn't use a spacer, no cotton, nothing. Put it at 375, took 3 rips that produced decent clouds (not MONSTER clouds, but that's not what I'm about) that were all the same size. I then turned it off, looked at what I had left and there's still some that could go through another 375.

Now, I'm a lightweight, so that's all I need. More than I need, really. I'm not finding it to be all that bad of an herb hog. It's no log vape, but... at this point, I'm satisfied.

Also, there is no material stuck to the top glass screen. Maybe my weak, small lungs are an advantage here? Other than that, I don't know what I'm doing differently... :shrug:

My Ascent is on its second day's worth of battery as well. And still warming up damn fast.

I am in love with this thing. Excpet for how stinky it is. Carrying it around in my backback, I can smell it worse than I ever did my DV or my MFLB. Might need one of those "Stink Bags."

Love the way the material looks after running it through at 430...

Also, word of advice: don't leave it on and then put it in your pocket and forget about it - they'll smell you coming a mile away! :doh:

EDIT: Okay, there are a few crumbs stuck to the glass, but nothing that's an issue, since I haven't cleaned it in a day and a half and none of the holes have anything stuck in them.

Don't like how much it continues to cook after you shut it down. It really keeps making vapor for longer than I'd like.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hey guys been a while but I finally got my burl wood ascent and here is my take on it:
It has amazing taste like the solo. You can get nice clouds with a half packed bowl just dump it in and press it down lightly with the oil jar (perfect pack). The trick with this beast is to hit it lightly like your sipping a cup of coffee. This is tricky to get used to cause I love my Cera (convection). I don't see the need for the spacer because the load stays put and is evenly cooked and I am very satisfied with the clouds as long as you don't whale on it. hit it too fast and wispy vapor, as well as hotter vapor. The only improvement I would suggest is stronger glass pieces. I took out the spare from the box and the corner of the one piece was broken(very thin) maybe we can hope for some after market stems that are thicker. I ordered 2 xtra sets before they sell out! hahaha otherwise I really enjoy this vape. Not better then the Cera or Arizer, same level, and the good thing is if you have all of them you don't have to pick:tup:

Razor

Wow you can vape without combustion at 430? I almost blew out a lung when I tried.

Razor,

Caligula

Maximus
:D I have to have a little giggle when I hear Canadians say 'about'. I'm sure us Brits don't sound right to you guys either haha

Back on topic.... so is there only one person so far reporting major off-gassing? This thread moves so fast, it's hard to keep up. My interest in this device is peaking again especially with all the good results with smaller loads.

Neither of you guys talk good American. ;)

Caligula,
Reactions: salivape

EveryDayAmnesiac

Wow you can vape without combustion at 430? I almost blew out a lung when I tried.

Yeah, I had no trouble going through the PNWT at 430. Although you'll see vapor coming out the bottom when you put the WT on and leave it there a few seconds.

And I'm more of a 345-385 sorta guy, so it really knocks me the fuck out at 430. :zzz:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hey I also found the perfect case for the Ascent! The OG iolite neoprene case holds the Ascent (with its black pouch) perfectly! You also have a little pouch in the case for storing the oil jars and I keep some qtips for a quick wipe out after use on the bowl and glass end. I also like to keep a playing card in there. I find that with the Ascent as well as the original DV it's much easier to put your herb on the card then bend it a little and slide it into the bowl. This eliminates all the stuff that gets on the top part of the bowl.:nod: ok time for more testing:smug:

denalus

not a parking meter ;)
Just got my Ascent (Stealth) last night. \o/

First impressions: In a word, beautiful. Any surface defect issues DV may of had in the past appear to be addressed. A careful inspection found nothing wrong. Smaller than I thought it would be, though, with good heft. Feels solid. Great first impression. The unit did have a 'new' smell but not the 'new vape' smell as much as a 'cheap tequila' smell. The smell did go away after three 30 minute burn-offs using the Vapor Step feature. I checked carefully & saw no evidence of off-gassing.

Use: Ran both a bowl full of flowers & a can of concentrate (budder). With the flowers, starting at 370F, I was greeted to rich clouds of vapor on a well packed bowl, medium/fluffy grind, high-end medicine. Draw was easy, like the DV & the cloud production similar to the PAX. On to 390F & more nice vapor. Even 430F produced nice vapor without the acrid, ABV taste I usually experience with the DV & PAX. Excellent performance. The concentrate tasted good & clean but vapor was a bit more on the wispy side (430F). Will try some keif later & will report back, hopefully in a full review. All in all, I love this vape & I think it will ultimately be my daily driver.

Observations: As some have reported, I too was getting some plant matter coming through the screen. Not terrible & may have been more of me over-packing the bowl than a design flaw. My second bowl was better packed/a bit less material & I didn't experience the same issue. The bottom DOES get warm, especially when run on 430F for 10 minutes. Not uncomfortable or unsafe & kinda nice on an otherwise cold fall evening. Also, if one draws too hard or quickly, there can be a bit of leakage at the seam between the bowl & the rest of the unit. More about technique than a design issue. The seal is good, overall.

Notables: DV|Organicix customer service is outstanding. It is clear that they have taken on-board a great deal of the comments/observations from the FC community & applied them to the 1.2 version of the vape. Also, when I ordered the Ascent, I mentioned in the order comments that the 'Snorkel' on my DV had separated from the connector & that I would be grateful if they included a replacement with my order. When unwrapped the Ascent from the bubble wrap, there was a replacement snorkel, along with the vape.

Summary:
IMHO, this is finest portable available & will likely replace the PAX as my go-to rig. Now hopefully the glass flowers I ordered last week will arrive today so I can try OF's technique.

Peace,
den

Top Bottom