Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

OF

Probably, but my bet is not as well. Those look to be nearly spheres, the 'worst possible shape' for maximum surface area. The will reduce the volume of the bowl of course, but I suspect they would not be as good at higher volume production ('smaller clouds').

IMO worth a try. Good luck.

Are there any good alternatives to those glass flowers? Or ones that won't cost $70 to ship to australia :p

There's a link above for an outfit I think ships 'down under'? Also a while back a guy posted a link for EDI which also does?

Failing that, you might try glass beads sold to hobbyists.......which I'm sure exist there. "Trade Beads" having been spread world wide some time ago. Or perhaps small glass buttons (also common collector items)?

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

jivebuggered

Forgive me because I'm a bit ignorant as to how international shipping works, but I see deals on Amazon that advertise free shipping... Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y9PNAQ/ref=pd_aw_sbs_3?pi=SL500_SS115

I don't think they would charge you nearly $70 for shipping...?

You can get from ozbongs.com.au. I came across by accident while getting a smoke buddy for going away this weekend and want to keep any odor to a minimum. What part of Aussie are you? I am in Northern NSW

jivebuggered,

Jay-wolf

hey, havent been on the thread for a while, figured ide update and say i still haven't gotten the new units i won a while back. to those that have it..... was it worth all this time ?

Jay-wolf,

theCerberus

Hey there,

Seeing some questions pop up so I figured I'd chime in.

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason that the grill couldn't be removed...except the way it was built. Don't try to pull it out because you won't get it back in...I've tried. But there is nothing up there that can be harmed. If possible, you can try to pull everything residual out of the whole in the grill opposite side of the charger port...bent paper clips work.

The spacer thing is all over the place. I'm still pushing for my sombrero...but now there is this idea to simply make an extra inner glass 30.cm long so you can push it into the bowl (the oval one...also the oval would be smaller). However, I am not a fan of that option since it leaves some glass exposed around the mouthpiece so you can pull that puppy back out before opening the hinge. Plus..I don't know about you...but I would totally forget that it was pushed down in there ...and snap.

Just got my Ascent V2 delivered this morning. Aside from a random loose piece of silicone in my bowl the thing seems 100% fine.

The seal is good, no off-gassing during/after about 5 burn ins at 430, no burning electronics smell. Battery came 80% charged!! decent!

but that new vape smell that everyone is mentioning is definitely there, I've never had a vape smell like this, but it is getting less and less after time and use, and is definitely an improvement over the V1's smell.

I would probably say the vapor flavour is greater than my solo now.

What i would love is an ELB like mesh-metal bowl that I can drop in and take out.

i can attest to the fact that when tamped with the oil jar I get great clouds but after the first hit, the flowers go flying around the bowl and the vapor thins out. I am going to get a glass screen/flower that people have been mentioning and try that out.

But ideally I think a drop in screen bowl with a screen cap that fits right into the ascent bowl would be awesome.
It would have at least 3 major improvements
1) it would make loading and emptying the bowl that much easier
2) you can grind as fine as you want
3) the cap will keep it tamped and stop it from flying up the whole time.

Last edited:

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Just got my rma for yet another replacement. Could not get a refund due to it being more then 14 days from purchase of the first unit. That's a good one. Only mentioning this for first time buyers. Make sure you have no issues within 14 days or you're only able to get a replacement. Anyway I hope 3rd times a charm. Am hopeful with all the good reviews from people who know what they are talking about that it will be.

mewash2

Hope the third time is the charm. Really sucks they won't refund your money. They certainly should.

mewash2,
Reactions: njluvdr

Luv2Vape

Just got my rma for yet another replacement. Could not get a refund due to it being more then 14 days from purchase of the first unit. That's a good one. Only mentioning this for first time buyers. Make sure you have no issues within 14 days or you're only able to get a replacement. Anyway I hope 3rd times a charm. Am hopeful with all the good reviews from people who know what they are talking about that it will be.
Assuming that's true, given all of the issues, I'll certainly hold off on purchasing one for now, if not permanently.

Luv2Vape,
Reactions: smokum

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Assuming that's true, given all of the issues, I'll certainly hold off on purchasing one for now, if not permanently.

Even with the off gassing issue I am impressed with the version 1.2. I seem to be the only one so far with this issue so am assuming it to be an anomaly. My fustration stems from the fact that I have been wating since June for this. My suggestion is to give it time as more reviews come in.

njluvdr,
Reactions: OF

jasong

I had a croc skin in my cart this morning but I got cold feet and didn't pull the
trigger. Oh well I wanted the stealth one anyways

jasong,

theCerberus

So I try packing it full, maybe 0.6-0.7 in there, tamped it down. but even that will move and become unpacked, and the vapor will thin out after a couple hits.

The flavor is there, and I'm getting medicated, but the vapor seems to thin out as soon as the flowers move off the bottom.

So I try to weigh it down with a chunk of tin foil, which works OK, but not great. I tried a few stems which also worked but eventually moved too.

The most annoying thing, is when I tap out the bowl, visible vapor escapes. Why couldnt that vapor get through the path?

I went to a local smoke shop but they only had metal screens, will have to go to a headshop and get some glass screens tomorrow.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

Razor

Just got my Ascent V2 delivered this morning. Aside from a random loose piece of silicone in my bowl the thing seems 100% fine.

The seal is good, no off-gassing during/after about 5 burn ins at 430, no burning electronics smell. Battery came 80% charged!! decent!

but that new vape smell that everyone is mentioning is definitely there, I've never had a vape smell like this, but it is getting less and less after time and use, and is definitely an improvement over the V1's smell.

I would probably say the vapor flavour is greater than my solo now.

What i would love is an ELB like mesh-metal bowl that I can drop in and take out.

i can attest to the fact that when tamped with the oil jar I get great clouds but after the first hit, the flowers go flying around the bowl and the vapor thins out. I am going to get a glass screen/flower that people have been mentioning and try that out.

But ideally I think a drop in screen bowl with a screen cap that fits right into the ascent bowl would be awesome.
It would have at least 3 major improvements
1) it would make loading and emptying the bowl that much easier
2) you can grind as fine as you want
3) the cap will keep it tamped and stop it from flying up the whole time.

Have you tried it with lightly packed in without making a puck? Also what temp r u at? And did you stir it at all? I don't even make pucks now that some buildup got on the glass screen, it doesn't come through. I'll admit though, I always pack it pretty full so i don't have to refill. It doesn't go through the product as fast I've found the tighter the pack. I'm guessing it slows the baking process a bit, does require me to stir about twice before its poo.

Last edited:
Razor,

theCerberus

Have you tried it with lightly packed in without making a puck? Also what temp r u at? And did you stir it at all?

yep. it goes flying and produces thin vapor. not worth doing again.
I use it from 380-410 and it produced similar clouds to the solo when packed tight.

but really only the first hit is good thick vapor, or if I tamp it down in between hits it works well too.
it is annoying because when you open it, you get all the bud falling out that flew up and is stuck around the rim of the bowl and up on the silicone/stem.

if the bud would just stay on the bottom, it would work perfectly.
It is very smooth, tasty vapor. Smoother than solo and pinnacle pro.

theCerberus,
Reactions: Razor

Razor

yep. it goes flying and produces thin vapor. not worth doing again.
I use it from 380-410 and it produced similar clouds to the solo when packed tight.

but really only the first hit is good thick vapor, or if I tamp it down in between hits it works well too.
it is annoying because when you open it, you get all the bud falling out that flew up and is stuck around the rim of the bowl and up on the silicone/stem.

if the bud would just stay on the bottom, it would work perfectly.
It is very smooth, tasty vapor. Smoother than solo and pinnacle pro.

I opened it just now to make sure lol. There is a tiny bit that falls off but hardly noticeable for me. I'll open it over a plate like i do my solo i guess. Good catch

Razor,

EasyBake

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Hey guys. First time poster and newbie to vaping. I've been reading this thread for the past few months following the progress like a child waiting for Christmas in July. I've been impressed with everything I've read and the way things were handled (not to mention the product itself) and decided to finally pull the trigger. Two days ago I ordered a Burl Wood version Ascent. It came today (impressively fast I might add) via Priority Mail. Anywho, lets cut to the meat of this.

As others have noted, it comes in a pretty nice ritzy looking little box. Opening that I had my prize awaiting. I did notice that slight "new thing" smell but anybody complaining about that would probably be complaining after buying a "new car" as well. Little overblown IMO. Here it is minutes later with nothing in it. I went ahead and bumped it up to 430 and put it in front of a black polo for about 15-20 minutes to see if I saw any super obvious off-gassing. Nilch, nada. Good enough for this guy. It came with a full charge, might as well enjoy something.

HEqgYO8.jpg

Note to self: Learn how to hold this thing when you're at 430. It does get darn hot outside the bowl area (esp near the grill) and its not somewhere you want to touch unless touching oven burners turns you on. Ouch. Nothing unexpected but fyi other vape newbies with big ol hands.

I turn off the vape, read the manual and check out the rest of the package. I'm honestly pretty impressed with everything. I mean, the Ascent seems very well put together. The form factor is perfect for my hands (which are big), it's somewhat "hefty" but not in a bad way, just clearly packed to the teeth with tech. The chrome lines are a nice touch and the "burl wood" while clearly a fake printed material when you look closely, still looks nice and differentiates the device from anything else I've seen. The hinge for opening the bowl is magnificent. Opens up and closes very securely, I was worried about that for whatever reason. The glass piece at the top is snug and comes up just fine. Anyway, enough of touchy/feely. Lets get ready to vape some herrrrb.

Before I continue, I'd like to take a break to tell you the only other vapes I've used is the Solo and the MFLB. I never was really impressed with the MFLB, biggest complaint being that it felt like it took forever to feel any sort of effects as the load size was small, you were constantly holding the battery in, and it didn't exactly produce much visible vapor. Too much effort for too little results. The Solo was solid, bulky, and simple but importantly it got the job done and it was easy to clean. Okay, back to the Da Vinci Ascent...

Gonna go out and use it and I'll update you guys a bit later. Hope this novel I wrote didn't trifle you.

theCerberus

Note to self: Learn how to hold this thing when you're at 430. It does get darn hot outside the bowl area (esp near the grill) and its not somewhere you want to touch unless touching oven burners turns you on. Ouch. Nothing unexpected but fyi other vape newbies with big ol hands.

Maybe you have a V1 (original run)?
Who did you order from?
My first run ascent got very hot on the bottom near the bowl at 430.
this new one does not get uncomfortable to hold at 430. i can put my fingers on the grill (below the bowl air intake) its not that hot.

theCerberus,
Reactions: RD

EasyBake

If you could, can you take pics of the load when its in, how you loaded, how full and what temp?

Sure. I was going to do this now but I just got a call from a friend to help him move a refrigerator so I'll update you guys tonight. Stay tuned.

EasyBake,
Top Bottom