Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

stickstones

Vapor concierge
load first. if you heat first it will start producing vapor immediately and you will be hurrying to take a hit. load first, then heat and whatever is getting produced initially will be in the bowl waiting for you to hit it.

C No Ego

I sometimes pre heat and then load the vape. this depends on the vape though and whether or not it is easy to load while hot and some vapes it is not good to open it after is is hot( think oven with heat) . this is for conduction vapes obviously and the oven analogy does not really apply to convection vapes.

C No Ego,

HalfQ

My first session I have no problem loading then heating .. Makes sense obviously. But if I smoke two sessions in a row.. That's my concern. After I empty my first session... I can load it again and heat it up again. However, this time it will hear up fairly quickly because it had just been used. Should I give it an extra minute?

HalfQ,

C No Ego

My first session I have no problem loading then heating .. Makes sense obviously. But if I smoke two sessions in a row.. That's my concern. After I empty my first session... I can load it again and heat it up again. However, this time it will hear up fairly quickly because it had just been used. Should I give it an extra minute?

I run into this with the da vinci vape. i use one load for two sessions and sometimes the second session does not go far enough so I need to re load during the second session. I turn the vape off and let it cool some and remove the spent herb and then re load. I then turn the vape back on and like you said before since the vape was hot it does get back up to temp really quick after re loading. I assume this process will apply to the ascent also.

C No Ego,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I'd recommend loading then heating. Not only do you seem to get a nicer roast, but there is less chance that you'll burn the crap out of yourself. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've stuck my finger in the bowl more than once.

I keep seeing posts about the MassDrop deals. I had a conversation with the guy over there the other day and as much as I'd love to give everyone vapes at half off....retailers and distribution partners would no longer be our friends. As this is a new product, guys its gonna take a while to get to that point.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Even if a MassDrop deal was possible...would all the people that have been bitching and moaning and screaming about.....When Are We Getting Our Ascents!!!...actually want to wait longer for the MassDrop deal to finish, finalize and then be shipped out maybe a month or more from now...REALLY???...

I don't think so...:rofl:

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Even if a MassDrop deal was possible...would all the people that have been bitching and moaning and screaming about.....When Are We Getting Our Ascents!!!...actually want to wait longer for the MassDrop deal to finish, finalize and then be shipped out maybe a month from now...REALLY???...

I don't think so...:rofl:
Yeah. Too soon for MassDrop. There's plenty of demand already...MassDrop and the like is for later...

giddyup

quick question: i currently have the original iolite (had it for about 4-5 years). i vape maybe 3-5 times/month on the weekends. the vaporizer has served me well. however, saw a friend with the pax, and it spurred my interest in perhaps upgrading. when i did my research, i stumbled upon the davinci ascent and it being touted as the next great thing (which by all accounts it certainly may be).

my question: will i see that big of a difference in vaping quality and effects with the davinci ascent (or the pax for that matter) that justify spending the $200-250 on upgrading OR should i just stick with my iolite for my "novice" usage?

i do a decent amount of vaping in public, at music festivals, parking lots, etc ,so the portability, stealthiness, and not needing to charge the iolite are nice features that i have enjoyed for the past few years. i was intrigued with the stealthiness of the pax (which initially spurred on my interest in possibly upgrading).

thanks in advance for your responses.

giddyup,

poonman

quick question: i currently have the original iolite (had it for about 4-5 years). i vape maybe 3-5 times/month on the weekends. the vaporizer has served me well. however, saw a friend with the pax, and it spurred my interest in perhaps upgrading. when i did my research, i stumbled upon the davinci ascent and it being touted as the next great thing (which by all accounts it certainly may be).

my question: will i see that big of a difference in vaping quality and effects with the davinci ascent (or the pax for that matter) that justify spending the $200-250 on upgrading OR should i just stick with my iolite for my "novice" usage?

i do a decent amount of vaping in public, at music festivals, parking lots, etc ,so the portability, stealthiness, and not needing to charge the iolite are nice features that i have enjoyed for the past few years. i was intrigued with the stealthiness of the pax (which initially spurred on my interest in possibly upgrading).

Have you ever tried a temp . control vape ?
That would be a big difference in vaping quality and experience . imo

C No Ego

I upgraded to a da vinci vape from the iolite. I was getting minor throat irritation from the iolite I now figured out, not sure what it was, the aluminum bowl or the butane but anyway that is eliminated with using the da vinci. the best thing about the da vinci and soon to be available ascent is the adjustable temp controls. they are the ticket to effective herb extraction and getting as much as possible from your meds. compared to smoking the iolite was much better flavor but the da vinci has better flavor then the iolite, the ascent will probably have the best flavor for sure. going from the butane powered to battery powered will require planning to keep it charged for use, your minimal usage should not be a prob with that. you will be glad if you upgrade.

C No Ego,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@giddyup...if variable temps and all glass vapor path DON'T make you.mouth water :mmmm: (as it does mine) for an upgrade, i would go with go with the pax...
The reason I say that is because you mentioned you would only use it a few times a month and unless there has been a battery upgrade they (ascent) will dis-charge most of the energy when not in use for about a week..while testing the ascent i didnt use my charged pax for about 3 weeks and when i checked the battery level, it was unchanged.
secondly the pax is way less detectable when 'in use' compared to tbe ascent...i :love: the ascent and the vapor quality/taste...but being completly honest, it smells...alot! The pax not so much...I vape at work in close vacintity with others and dectectability was minimal...with the ascent i would get people telling me 'you smell good'
...again i absolutley love the ascent, but with your level of usage i think the pax might be a better fit for YOU (Imo)
On a side note there is a smokeshop in my city that sells the pax for $199, the og Dv for $139 and they said when they get ascents they will sell them for $200 and they said they ship...ijs :2c:

WakeAndVape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
secondly the pax is way less detectable when 'in use' compared to tbe ascent...i :love: the ascent and the vapor quality/taste...but being completly honest, it smells...alot! The pax not so much...I vape at work in close vacintity with others and dectectability was minimal...with the ascent i would get people telling me 'you smell good'

If the Ascent actually gives off more odour than the Pax then this will be a big issue. The Pax is far and away the smelliest portable of all the ones I've owned.

Shrike

I assume most of the odor is coming from the grill on the bottom of the Ascent. Davinci came out with the plug to cap off the glass tube, hopefully, they will come out with some kind of small cover to go over the grill...or some intrepid DIY'er will come up with a nice fix. :tup:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
If the Ascent actually gives off more odour than the Pax then this will be a big issue. The Pax is far and away the smelliest portable of all the ones I've owned.
The pax smells more than the mflb, but less than the original DV (from my experience) but the ascent takes the cake...I have even tried to use lower grade flowers or ones with less smell and it was still highly detectable from odor, no one knew where it was coming from though. Btw with the ascent in public I vape @ 375°f and with the pax I use the low setting...people notice it more on the high settings
@Shrike thats my guess too...the only solution would be to cover the hole on the bottom, but that would restrict the airflow as well as add draw resistance, which is a problem for some

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

WakeAndVape...

Yeah, I know we will have to keep the grill free while in actual use. But if you are carrying it around with flowers already in it or more importantly, after use...then at least you can keep the smell to a minimum by covering that grill with something.:)

Edit:::Holy shit! Just got an email from Davinci saying my Ascent has shipped!!:clap::tup::rockon:

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Shrike said:
WakeAndVape...

Yeah, I know we will have to keep the grill free while in actual use. But if you are carrying it around with flowers already in it or more importantly, after use...then at least you can keep the smell to a minimum by covering that grill with something.:)

Edit:::Holy shit! Just got an email from Davinci saying my Ascent has shipped!!:clap::tup::rockon:
The included pouch work OKAY for after use smell, my concern Is smell while in use...
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd what temp do you use on both? You can smell the load more while it is heating with pax and dv, but when you try to blow out of the davinci, more vapor comes out than with the pax.

Hexi

quick question: i currently have the original iolite (had it for about 4-5 years). i vape maybe 3-5 times/month on the weekends.

my question: will i see that big of a difference in vaping quality and effects with the davinci ascent (or the pax for that matter) that justify spending the $200-250

i do a decent amount of vaping in public,
portability,

not needing to charge the iolite .
As a previous iOlite owner (original model? or whispr?) I can say that the charging is about the same in terms of prep needed in comparison to the iolite. In other words, I needed to charge my portable vapes after 3+ uses, and the same was for the iolite.

Essentially both the iolite and the pax/DV need to be re-fueled. Either electric charge, or butane. The benefit of butane for anyone going off the grid and carless.

IMO the pax and DV are much easier to use than the iolite because of the whole butane thing.

Vape quality of the iolite IMO is kinda weak unless you do long sessions. Pax can be a real big hitter, especially on high temp. You can get massive clouds from that little thing, IMO it's best features are the stealth and super strong hits.

Da Vinci is a bit less stealth than the PAx, but it's not $250. You can get an OG DV for like just over $100
I would describe the Pax as the sleek, high maintenance vape, and the DV as more of a work-horse.

Even tho my Pax bricked, I won't even consider another iolite

Hexi,
Reactions: Snappo

Adobewan

...will i see that big of a difference in vaping quality and effects with the davinci ascent (or the pax for that matter) that justify spending the $200-250 on upgrading OR should i just stick with my iolite for my "novice" usage?

i do a decent amount of vaping in public, at music festivals, parking lots, etc ,so the portability, stealthiness, and not needing to charge the iolite are nice features that i have enjoyed for the past few years. i was intrigued with the stealthiness of the pax ...

My beloved Iolite got me into vaping, but both the PAX and the original DV produce superior vapor quantity and quality for me. The PAX is visually the stealthiest flower vape I've seen or used, but I agree with a number of previous posts that the smell is strong, stronger than the DV. The DV will also treat your load better, the PAX cooks quite a bit at a time causing you to get a roasted flavor thru the majority of the load while the DV has a more typical sized oven and the flavor lasts for a large % of the session.
And the DV is not lacking in stealth, there's a LONG list of items an original DaVinci would be mistaken for before a vaporizer, a phone, a radio, a walkie-talkie, etc. And a high quality one at that. The PAX is beautifully designed, but you have to hold a DaVinci to really appreciate it's design and build. Solid as a rock with a velvety rubber finish, pics don't convey the tactile goodness that the DaVinci delivers.

Based on your stated needs, I'd easily recommend an original DaVinci above the PAX and the Iolite.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hell, a Solo can be had for as little as ~$130 and has adjustable temperature settings. That's about $120 less than the Pax that you can buy a nice sack with, or throw it into an Ascent fund ;)

Glad to see a unit shipped finally. Months later, but whatever... See you guys in the Ascent gibberish thread!!

Skulduggery

BATTERY QUESTION: Although discussion on the Ascent batteries may seem like whipping a dead horse, it still remains a mystery whether the batteries will be negatively affected if the ascent is being charged while simultaneously using it. For example, I can charge and use my phone at the same time on a slow charger, but not a fast charger, which will damage the battery.

The Ascent battery draining while not in use may very well be a software energy drain. Slight bummer, but it is the first version, and I still glad I bought it. best, Skulduggery

Top Bottom