Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
You're not. We've been begging and begging. And begging. And begging. I don't know why they won't release any info about the latch/seal.

Please, @Davinci_vaporizer? Will it help to beg some more? Pretty please? With kief on top?
The following blog/review page has pics of the latch:
http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/get-...-with-our-ascent-by-davinci-vaporizer-review/

I seem to recall a vid a few weeks back that featured the latch. Maybe someone can find it here in the thread.

Snappo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
The same guys that have that blog have a vid. It shows the latch and seal but doesn't show usage or go into why its there or how it affected vapor quality in any way.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Snappo

grokit

well-worn member
Stir-Tool-047.jpg

What's this, is there supposed to be a case included?

Nvm, that's the cleaning tool :freak:

grokit,

Medical Mark

:smug: Well at least there on the way, I guess it will be nice to have it in my hand and medicate and see how it works for my disabilty.
My pinnacle is getting a work out and my solo is getting all gummed up.
Lol medical mark

I wonder if they'll warn people not to stir while the chamber is hot. Touching the cold metal of the poker to the hot glass constantly will cause some amount of stress.

In a vaguely related thought, could any of the testers tell me if stirring is even really necessary? I don't have a perfect picture of the bowl setup in my mind, but it seems like you could just shake the mother ala the MFLB and have a fine stir.

charliedontsurf,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Just to briefly weight in, I've never needed to stir but I do occasionally repack by removing the glass mouthpiece portion and stamping the material down.

Pictures of the latch eh? We can do that.....give me until tomorrow as I don't have my camera and have learned not to take Iphone pics from my house with this bunch.

Zorbak

you could probably do that as well with your pinky finger I imagine..unless the bowl was too hot.

Zorbak,

grokit

well-worn member
We already have a picture of the latch, a link was just posted above:

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-08-15%2520at%25209.45.49%2520PM.png

What we have not seen yet is the other side of this new seal:

Ascent-028.jpg

edit: Updated with the money shot from video below!

ascent.png

:leaf:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't been in here in a while and just skimmed to get caught up.

use a wooden skewer on the bowl to clean, not metal! I started using a small eyeglasses screwdriver to get into the corner once and it felt like I was scraping thin glass...I never did it again. I think it would be quite easy to scratch through it and expose the ceramic.

The clasp looks like a good idea. It seems to close the gap just enough to keep it airtight, from the pics posted on the web. I also was afraid some numbnuts would grab it and spin the bottom too far and break it, but the clasp will stop that from happening. I'm sure they don't like the little bit sticking out, but it's pretty small.

I, for one, am happy for the delay. I think this thing needs some tweaking after having it over time. My battery drains to dead after a week of sitting in the drawer, and I know they are aware of this problem...maybe even fixed it already, I don't know. I've also had three occurrences of what appeared to be programming issues, but DV thinks it might be the buttons, which they have already changed as well. So...they may have gotten some real issues worked out here before initial release.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I've also had three occurrences of what appeared to be programming issues
I think thats what happeneerrorsues/quotescent...it wouldn't heat up and the display read '015'...I wonder if there is a way to do a software reset:huh:
I agree with everything you said though, i can imagine people getting claspless units...davinci would have to replace half in the first week due to user error :dog:

Last edited by a moderator:
WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Snappo

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
In terms of the clasp's function:

A few thoughts:Clasp -- The clasp is there not only to prevent over rotation (which is an issue of upper-lower alignment), but also to prevent an airgap in the other orientation. Previously, with the hinge only, the base's vertical alignment is locked down on one side only. The clasp prevents separation on the other side. The old units, you may occasionally see a light gap. New ones not so much.

@grokit -- That's the "tool". You get two of them (one has a home in the mouthpiece area and the other is a spare). It is useful for removing the lid from the oil-can, or just removing the oil can from the oven (HOT HOT HOT) if you use it with the lid on. It can also be used for packing the bowl (for people with fat fingers like myself) and/or stirring the bowl. But I notice other users @charliedontsurf point out that might possibly scratch or put stress on the glass on the bowl??

And yes there is a case. Had the DaVinci logo on it. It isn't a smell proof case like the one that's been discussed, but it would be fine for keeping other objects in your device from scratching your Ascent.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
The pictures posted above put my photography skills to shame. If there is a different angle you guys want to see let me know.

The latch, although not as sleek as I'd like, does assist to hold the two ends together better therefore lessening the air that leaks in. As Sticks mentioned...yes it also prevents your friends from twisting it the wrong way and snapping the hinge. Other areas of improvement that assisted with vapor quality included making some other seals throughout the vape tighter...thicker silicone here, tightening some material there. Otherwise there were some software upgrades.

I'll see if I can find some details about these things..the technical software part I mean.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
The pictures posted above put my photography skills to shame. If there is a different angle you guys want to see let me know.

The latch, although not as sleek as I'd like, does assist to hold the two ends together better therefore lessening the air that leaks in. As Sticks mentioned...yes it also prevents your friends from twisting it the wrong way and snapping the hinge. Other areas of improvement that assisted with vapor quality included making some other seals throughout the vape tighter...thicker silicone here, tightening some material there. Otherwise there were some software upgrades.

I'll see if I can find some details about these things..the technical software part I mean.
Very cool. Looks like there were quite a few improvements following the beta units. Hadn't even considered software upgrades!

sam reynolds,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Put herb straight into the chamber . if you go to the DaVinci thread and do a search you will find how others use the oil cans .

RUDE BOY,

poonman

2 things:
1- A question about the DaVinci. Is it better to use the empty oilcan for herbs or should i just put the herb straight in the chamber?
2- Make a deal with massdrop for the ascent to make up for all the delays!!! https://www.massdrop.com/vote/davinci-ascent

IDK much about this massdrop site ,
but I didn't think it was that much of a discount the Solo massdrop patrons got , if any ? imo
Plus with over 200 buyers , you would think they could have received a better final price . imo
I also think with that many Solo buyers , YOU should be able to dictate a better final price .

re ; Ascent
It hasn't even been released yet for the general public .
How can they ensure that you'll receive it ?
and better price than All the people that pre-ordered and are patiently waiting for already ? hmmm
Also , let's see " IF " the Ascent is all that's hyped up to be , first .....

@ Davinci_vaporizer ,
It seems , you won't be able to satisfy all questions posted .
But ,
Thank you for showing your presence .

Jab

deleted.. saw this posted @ other thread so guess it doesn't belong here.

Last edited:
Jab,

HalfQ

Question...
If I'm using the ascent (or another vape) .. Lets say it's empty with no herb, and I set it to the temperature I want. When it reaches that temp., I just open it and put the herb in. But then do I have to wait before I start to draw off of it? Or because the heating element is heated I can just go ahead and start drawing?

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Question...
If I'm using the ascent (or another vape) .. Lets say it's empty with no herb, and I set it to the temperature I want. When it reaches that temp., I just open it and put the herb in. But then do I have to wait before I start to draw off of it? Or because the heating element is heated I can just go ahead and start drawing?
I'm going to piggyback on this question...

Ascent owners: do you load first, then heat...or heat first, then load? Does it make a difference for you?

Top Bottom