• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Vira

Hi guys, i am following this very cool Thread for a while now and read many many pages. Very cool Information provided here.

My Problem is i got the Ascent recently and its smelling like Rubber really bad. I did some burn offs and looked for the Outgassing, that thankfully does not exist at my unit.
But the bottom Piece gets crazy hot at maximal temperature Burnouts and the Plastic smell wont go away.

I am afraid of breathing this Plastic Steam into my lungs.

i would like to ask if someone who has a better overall View of this huge Thread, could summon the best solution to get rid of that Plastic Smell.

That would be cool. Thank you very much

Ricardo

Whoosh! I've just finally tried the glass flowers in the Ascent and it's la bomba!
I was surprised by how small they are - thought they'd surely explode and shatter the ceramic.. threw three of them (try saying that out loud :lol:) on the bottom, same usual tiny load of no-name bud on top, 5 more flowers and three temps, 2 minutes each session at 365, 374 & 383°F  That was 2 hours ago :peace:... Emptied out the chamber - super even toast and ABV for another time  Glass flowers rock  :rockon:Thanks for all the info - just wish I'd done it 2 years ago ;)
EDIT: You've got to laugh! I finally figure out how to micro dose with the Ascent and now everybody's raving about the IQ :rockon:

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Pardon the slightly off topic post, but I can't find a thread on the new DaVinci IQ vape that just came out?
edit- nevermind, i just found it

hinglemccringleberry,
Hey guys!

I've already found that thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/davinci-ascent-repair.18919/
about the disassembly of the upper part of the ascent.

But I am still on the look for a tutorial for the disassambly of the heating chamber.

I've already taken all 4 parts of cover off the chamber, like described in the thread for the upper part but i can't find any screws to open the chamber.

Under the covers there is just a solid plastic housing of the chamber. So it seems the covers are there just for design purposes and not to hide any screws like on the uper part.

I can see 2 screws under the grill on the underside of the chamber but can't reach in with a screwdriver because the grill is too tight.

I would really appreciate if one of you could give me some advise.

I want to open the chamber because a little bit of the plastic of the ceramic heating element holder broke off and now its moving downward everytime i fill the bowl.

It is very annoying and i would like to open the chamber and fix the problem by myself.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

vapedtoblaze,
Reactions: KeroZen

OF

My Problem is i got the Ascent recently and its smelling like Rubber really bad. I did some burn offs and looked for the Outgassing, that thankfully does not exist at my unit.
But the bottom Piece gets crazy hot at maximal temperature Burnouts and the Plastic smell wont go away.

But you see that smell is outgassing? You can smell it because the heat converted it to a gas and it escaped...... It has to be a gas for you to smell (applies to most everything, although you can smell aerosols i guess).

The materials causing the smell will eventually be exhausted, it varies some from unit to unit but it often takes a couple of 'batteries worth' of full heat burn offs. Folks have reported eventual victory and AFAIK nobody has proposed an effective alternative.

Run burn offs until you're happy. Remember, in use it won't be running that hot?

Whoosh! I've just finally tried the glass flowers in the Ascent and it's la bomba!
Emptied out the chamber - super even toast and ABV for another time  Glass flowers rock  :rockon:Thanks for all the info - just wish I'd done it 2 years ago ;)

Yep, the typical response all right. FWIW I don't recall anybody reporting disappointment with the flowers. They are a bit of a pain to load in (or can be) but IMO that's rewarded big time. Now it's time to find your favorite configuration. I'm afraid this means you're going to have to vape a lot of bowls for science.........

Congratulations.

OF

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
I ended up selling my ascent. The vape was great in terms of quality and thoughtful tools such as the metal pick. I wish more vapes provided something designed into the vape. As much as I enjoyed the vape, it's a high maintenance device to keep clean. The flowers greatly improved the vape, but it became time consuming and a chore to do so many things to get a good session (waiting a while for the heating chamber to get back up to the temp.)

Ricardo

So, I've been getting very satisfactory results using the small, coloured glass flowers... BUT ...on the IQ thread I saw something about concerns around lead poisoning !!!!! I've tried to find mention here, on this thread, but can't. My flowers, especially the stems, are shrinking. Some of the stems are reduced to slivers! Should I be worried?

Ricardo,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
So, I've been getting very satisfactory results using the small, coloured glass flowers... BUT ...on the IQ thread I saw something about concerns around lead poisoning !!!!! I've tried to find mention here, on this thread, but can't. My flowers, especially the stems, are shrinking. Some of the stems are reduced to slivers! Should I be worried?
I use Pyrex glass flowers which are safe. The glass chunks of broken flowers are easy to separate from ABV cuz of their heavier weight. I use the chunks of glass until I lose them with the ABV. The chunks make great spacer/heat sinks. The glass will bend and break. You can get jars of 300 flowers in eBay dirt cheap.
And good news, my nonfunctional Ascent is working. The center button had jammed under the rubber edge. I worked a sharp point under the edge and freed the button. The buttons are the achelles heel of the Ascent and are easily broken by pocket contents or sometimes off centered application of pressure on the button.
This unit sat new and unused for three years and the batteries are still good.
Now I have an IQ and two backup Ascents. Looks like my son will upgrade from the Iolite to an Ascent.
Just a note about CS at DaVinci. They had a massive surge in business due to the new IQ release. 3-4 week RMAdelays have been common, communication very difficult. They have been hiring and training CS peeps and I am pleased to report a more normal RMA turn around time of 6 days not including shipping. Hopefully normal communication via telephone will resume. Right now chat on the web page during hours is the best way to reach CS

Last edited:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
OK......... I had an idea. DaVinci offers extended warranties for only $60 that will repair or replace for 6 months. If you have an Ascent with bad batteries or otherwise broken you might get a new one if not repairable for cheap. Digging out my "out of warranty" Ascent to send off for repair.:clap: Go to the website for details.

Last edited:

OF

OK......... I had an idea. DaVinci offers extended warranties for only $60 that will repair or replace for 6 months. If you have an Ascent with bad batteries or otherwise broken you might get a new one if not repairable for cheap. Digging out my "out of warranty" Ascent to send off for repair.:clap: Go to the website for details.

You might want to check, I believe that offer covers battery replacement? That is if the unit is damaged or fails in service after the fact, you can't sign up late and claim service? Obamacare allows that, but I don't think this program does, it's to cover battery failure after warranty.

Still Ascent is a great vape, worth having IMO. I have two, should both fail I'd replace at least one.

Good luck with it, please let us know how it works out?

TIA

OF

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
You might want to check, I believe that offer covers battery replacement? That is if the unit is damaged or fails in service after the fact, you can't sign up late and claim service? Obamacare allows that, but I don't think this program does, it's to cover battery failure after warranty.

Still Ascent is a great vape, worth having IMO. I have two, should both fail I'd replace at least one.

Good luck with it, please let us know how it works out?

TIA

OF
I think you are passing out incorrect information. I just got through reading about this service plan on the DaVinci page, they say it is a good option if your batteries have died AND covers a list of other problems normally covered under warranty. So...... aren't you glad I found this out? Or are you telling me that the info on the DaVinci site is bogus? please let me know what you know about this so we can PM @Davinci_vaporizer and have him correct his website.
This is great info for Ascent owners and the truth should be told for their benefit.

Ricardo

Sad to see this thread unravel as the IQ becomes available. The Ascent is still a top-notch session Vape, I absolutely love it. I've been neglecting it in favour of the VapCap in recent weeks but I broke some glass and came back to the Ascent. Stepping up the temperatures with a smallish load and glass flowers as spacers gives me a gentle trajectory and a smooth long-lasting high. A little bit more product and I'm happily spaced for hours :leaf:. Just sayin' :peace:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Sad to see this thread unravel as the IQ becomes available. The Ascent is still a top-notch session Vape, I absolutely love it. I've been neglecting it in favour of the VapCap in recent weeks but I broke some glass and came back to the Ascent. Stepping up the temperatures with a smallish load and glass flowers as spacers gives me a gentle trajectory and a smooth long-lasting high. A little bit more product and I'm happily spaced for hours :leaf:. Just sayin' :peace:
I agree. I will keep my Ascent as a backup for the IQ. For get together of family and friends the abilities of the Ascent are unsurpassed as a session vape. It is possible to load micro hits with the glass spacers or flowers. The efficiency and great long lasting taste always surprises people during group sessions.
I will get another broken Ascent I have repaired under DaVinci's new 6 month warranty program. for $60. In the past they have always sent me a new unit after doing the RMA process. I'd like to try to get some friends or family to stop combustion practice by gifting it.

Last edited:

OF

I have a brand new untouched Ascent+ many extras, and asked administration about selling it and got no response!
Can administration pm me please? I believe I went through the proper channels.... Thank you

I was contacted about this very topic by PM. Maybe 2 weeks back. I suggested he PM a Mod directly, which he did, and reported back to me "the rule is 60 days, 50 posts, and 25 likes".

Looks to me like you've qualified by that standard?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Zow237

Ricardo

I had an Omni session earlier (with Something Kush) and am loading up my Ascent with Lemon Skunk :leaf: Awesome that my two favorite vapes have the initials DV - DynaVap and DaVinci :D. Season finale of The Expanse coming up.... :freak: Happy 4/20 y'all :peace:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I agree. I will keep my Ascent as a backup for the IQ. For get together of family and friends the abilities of the Ascent are unsurpassed as a session vape. It is possible to load micro hits with the glass spacers or flowers. The efficiency and great long lasting taste always surprises people during group sessions.
I will get another broken Ascent I have repaired under DaVinci's new 6 month warranty program. for $60. In the past they have always sent me a new unit after doing the RMA process. I'd like to try to get some friends or family to stop combustion practice by gifting it.
The ever generous CS of DaVinci deemed my broken Ascent non reparable and sent me a brand new unit for the cost of a $60 6 month warranty. If you have a broken Ascent, and have $60 to spend on a premium session vape, get this warranty RMA done. ✅

Norcalsun

So if I have a 5 yr old Ascent that has broken, I can buy the $60 warranty and send my Ascent in to have fixed? All the led's still come on but the oven doesn't heat up.

Norcalsun,
Reactions: OF

OF

So if I have a 5 yr old Ascent that has broken, I can buy the $60 warranty and send my Ascent in to have fixed? All the led's still come on but the oven doesn't heat up.

That's my understanding, yes. They test it and if it doesn't meet specs (which it clearly won't....) they 'repair or replace' for $60.

From 'what we here hear' that means replacement since the cases are often trashed in disassembly. I believe this could mean a dead custom one could end up being a new standard model, but at $60 that seems OK?

Please let us know how it works out? TIA.

OF

Bad Ocelot

I sent mine in for an RMA a while back & got a new unit. This was within the regular warranty period though. I would presume service for the extended warranty is the same.

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: OF

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I have one brand new Ascent back after paying the $60. I bought a warranty for my son's broken Ascent and after confirming he originally bought his from DaVinci, they are sending another new Ascent replacement.
That my friends is a generous offer. If you have a broken Ascent, $60 plus shipping gets you s new one in most cases. This is a great deal from Davinci.

wonder35

I am in the market to purchase some flower spacers for my Ascent. Is there a particular type on ebay or elsewhere that you would recommend?

wonder35,
Reactions: Ricardo

waag56

After a few years of daily wear and tear it's time for a replacement. I say screw the IQ . I'm sticking to the trouble free, easy using, easy cleaning, easy toking and always friendly Ascent. I love how when you accidently drop it , and you will, it still works. I love how I can put a level 1/4 teaspoons worth in the bowl then just add one of those oil jars minus the rubber lid right on top and get a nice long session. I love how all you have to do is remove the glass parts and add alcohol and salt then shake and they look like new. Tips that I've learned is to not drop it and the hinge is the weakest point, so always try to rest the bottom section on a firm surface when scraping out the bowl

Top Bottom