1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Jun 12, 2013.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Neat looking vape, lots of good features, something to keep an eye on. Good luck with it.

However, I don't think you can make this claim:

Since both T1 with the glass top and Hammer beat it to the market? T1 by over a year? Still a good feature of course. Solo and Bud Toaster probably belong on that list too?

Will it be available through any non GV channels?

OF

Hippie Dickie and Dogman like this.
  2. marduk

marduk daydreamer

There's a distinction that Thermovape made between "air path" and "vapor path" when people brought up the fact that the T1 bowl was metal. The Ascent bowl is glass. And the Hammer has a metal screen in the stem, while the Ascent has a glass screen. The Hammer is coming out with an all glass stem soon, but it hasn't been put on sale yet. So I do think DaVinci is correct in their claim to be the first...

edit: I suppose if we really want to be literal, the metal grill where the air enters is not glass, but it's not heated AFAIK, so I don't know... where should we draw the line? :shrug:

Herbal Ant, nigel, Kief and 2 others like this.
  3. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

personally.... i always thought the solo had the all glass path but i guess since the crucible is SS i guess not.... but the path from the chamber up is all glass

Krizzle and OF like this.
  4. Glifax

Glifax New Member

Great news! Looking forward to this. I can't decide between the Stealth (my Pax is black) and the Burl.

Might have to flip a coin on this one.

5. realslik

realslik New Member

I
    I second this. But I hear it will be customizable later this year? So I might go with the leather and I can possibly change the sides black.

6. marvil701

marvil701 Member

It would be nice to know which distributors will be receiving them first in Europe. Going by shop/site size and by looking at whether or not they already sell the original Davinci, these shops will probably be among the suppliers:

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/ - UK
    http://azarius.net/vaporizers/ - Netherlands
    http://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizers - Netherlands

7. QuicksilveR

QuicksilveR New Member

I'm confused if Gotvape is getting their shipment first or we are...I keep refreshing my email to see if I got an email fron DV...AHHHH stop the insanity and let us give you our money!

Question for you guys - is the back of the Burl Wood also wood or is it all black? If it was black in the back, I think it would be cool so you can still have the wood, but it would be stealth to anyone looking at it from the other side.

OF likes this.
  8. Yoshimattsu

Yoshimattsu Well-Known Member

It's wood on both sides, you can see it in Will's video.

9. 11eleven11

11eleven11 Well-Known Member

Is it real wood or faux wood? I forgot.

I know the gator skin is for real (hehe). They have a gator farm down there in Da Vinci hq Las Vegas. :brow:

10. BlueCloud

BlueCloud Well-Known Member

JoeKickass likes this.
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

BlueCloud likes this.
  12. Yoshimattsu

I would also like to know this, I assume since the gator skin is real, the wood would be too, but it isn't mentioned specifically.

13. 11eleven11

It's faux gator skin fyi, I was joking around. :)

14. salivape

salivape Well-Known Member

I'd also like to know this as well as an estimated price point. Just trying to see if it will be cheaper to wait or order one in the US and pay tax. Impatience has a role to play also. Im guessing its going to be over £200 which kinda sucks but nevermind

No the wood isnt real. It was going to be but it couldnt handle the heat

15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's 'gator stamped calf skin. Real skin, but from a Mammal, not an Reptile.

OF

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  16. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

The gator skin is a pressed leather(not real gator) and the burl is a laminate(printed on).

17. Yoshimattsu

Thanks!

18. stickstones

stickstones Eccentric of mist Staff Member

I got a couple of essential oils in from DV today...energy and relax. I'll start using them later today and use them with both the glass can and cotton to see how they preform. I'll check in later.

19. Dogman

Dogman Vaporist Extrordinair

Just what I need, another vaporizer.:doh:

I will be ordering soon.

20. Vapnoob

Vapnoob Nubile Vaporist

The wood is simulated. Its a water applied decal I think. The gator skin is also simulated I think, not from a mammal or reptile. There is the vaporpedia ascent page, that has a ton of actual info and specs so far too.

11eleven11 likes this.
  21. 11eleven11

^ Ah yes of course. Smart guy here. You don't seem like such a vapnoob to me.

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Ascent#Body.2FModels

22. Dogman

Dogman Vaporist Extrordinair

You forgot to use the sarcasm font ...

Me too!

23. 11eleven11

Pssh like a sarcasm font actually exists.

Is anyone else just sitting online with their credit card like a pistol-in-holster? I'm hoping they go on sale today.

thesoloman, Jill NYC, Tweek and 4 others like this.
  24. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

It would be sweet to be able to get them before the weekend but, I'm betting early next week.

25. Vapnoob

Vapnoob Nubile Vaporist

No I am a noob. Only have had a old globe(bc) style vape and a ebay box vape in the past. I'm getting the ascent as my first real vape so I can finally say Fuck Combustion!

Oh what a fathers day it would be! I would upgrade my GV pre order to overnight shipping if that would mean I would have a ascent by fathers day.

Tweek, Krizzle, VaporEyes and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors