Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Is it really THAT hungry, I am NOT looking for something at is super efficient. But I would like it to be close to combustion if not better. I am worried that I will put in what I put in but not get as medicated as if I put it in a bowl, or not get the right bang for my buck.
There are some veteran vapors' on these Ascent-related forums that are expressing great satisfaction with their units. They would not likely put up with sub-par bang-for-the-buck. Expectations for them are being met, but like with anything else, personal expectations differ. Now, units that function sub-par could very well be exhibiting design flaw/QC issues not present or apparent in reported satisfactory units:2c::peace:.

Last edited:

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
There are some veteran vapors' on these Ascent-related forums that are expressing great satisfaction with their units. They would not likely put up with sub-par bang-for-the-buck. Expectations for them are being met, but like with anything else, personal expectations differ. Now, units that function sub-par could very well be exhibiting design flaw/QC issues not present or apparent in reported satisfactory units:2c::peace:.
I definitely had a faulty unit, but I seem to remember efficiency being an issue for many here.

Does anyone with a decent unit have any thoughts about its efficiency? My feeling is that such a large bowl is bound to waste meds compared to other devices, but I very much want to be proven wrong.

mewash2

I am having no problems extracting everything from each bowl. I pack very tight and use a glass bead as a spacer/weight. I have vaped smaller loads without the tight pack, but lots of stirring. I am not having very good results with hash. I have a first batch stealth that didn't off-gas, but I have the exposed wires in the silicone sleeve.

mewash2,

sam reynolds

I am having no problems extracting everything from each bowl. I pack very tight and use a glass bead as a spacer/weight. I have vaped smaller loads without the tight pack, but lots of stirring. I am not having very good results with hash. I have a first batch stealth that didn't off-gas, but I have the exposed wires in the silicone sleeve.
Just to be clear, you don't find you need more herb for the same effect as other devices?

If not, what is your method, and how much do you pack in the bowl?

sam reynolds,

mewash2

I get the same vape from the same amount as from the solo. I pack as tight as I can because I don't want to stir. I put the herb in and use a glass rod as a tamper. I have a glass bead that is slightly smaller than the bowl and I drop it in on top. I heat up to 390 and give it an extra 45 seconds or so and go to town. I usually just pack up whatever amount is laying around. I can't say enough that I pack that shit tight.

sam reynolds

I get the same vape from the same amount as from the solo. I pack as tight as I can because I don't want to stir. I put the herb in and use a glass rod as a tamper. I have a glass bead that is slightly smaller than the bowl and I drop it in on top. I heat up to 390 and give it an extra 45 seconds or so and go to town. I usually just pack up whatever amount is laying around. I can't say enough that I pack that shit tight.
Interesting. I packed tight but didn't have a bead...we occasionally used a jar with the bottom cut out as a spacer. We got nowhere near the efficiency of a Solo, and I can't for the life of me figure out what adjustments would help.

It was like shoveling coal into the sun.

sam reynolds,

mewash2

When I put h2o extraction hash in there, I can blow clouds out the bottom, but I can't pull a decent hit.

mewash2,

sam reynolds

When I put h2o extraction hash in there, I can blow clouds out the bottom, but I can't pull a decent hit.
Lid on or off? I seem to recall heated lids making it possible to blow "vapor" out the bottom.

sam reynolds,

mewash2

I don't use the jars for anything. I tried them with the hash with no vapor production at all. The jars are not really heavy enough to use as a weight to keep your bud pressed against the bottom of the bowl. And keeping the load pressed to the bottom is key.

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I use the jar to pack my herbs. I can get medicated off .1. Thorough extraction, clouds, perfectly roasted abv. You can even leave your last load in and just pack a tiny amount of fresh on top of it. I use a bead as well as a weight. Mine is going strong!!!! The other day I got 5 20 minute sessions out of one charge, the unit still had some juice but the battery indicator said empty. I really think I could've gotten 1 more out of it. My ONLY gripes about the ascent are all cosmetic at this point.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Interesting. I packed tight but didn't have a bead...we occasionally used a jar with the bottom cut out as a spacer. We got nowhere near the efficiency of a Solo, and I can't for the life of me figure out what adjustments would help.

It was like shoveling coal into the sun.
My impression is that you, not being a noobie, have tried all manner of puck & draw, to no avail. Whatever you're not getting...is escaping, or not being produced. A return or replace may be in order. JMO

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Seems like the air is getting lost going up but not down... Loose connection somewhere in there?

Quetzalcoatl,

mewash2

Not that I can tell. I think the hash isn't staying in contact with the bottom of the bowl when I inhale. I can vape the hash when I put some bud on top, but I would rather not do that. If just the hash is in there and I blow thru the top of the unit, the hash is pressed to the bottom of the bowl and produces vapor.

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
What happens when you blow through the bottom? Do you get the same density of vapor as when blowing through the top? With stem & glass screen removed, and looking down the empty stem tube, do you see anything odd or misaligned where air can escape? Are all seals mounted straight? Is bowl mounted straight? Do the two hinged halves form an air/light-tight seal when closed and clasped? Are the two side panels attached firmly to the body? Does the glass stem pull out loosely, or does it grip the screen stem with some friction along the way up and down?

Edit: This post is meant for Sam as well. Also, when all glass is removed from the stem tube, open the unit at the hinge, and cover the bottom hole tightly while blowing through the top (Buddy rim). I believe the top half of the unit should be air tight when blowing through the tube.

Last edited:
Snappo,
Reactions: sxmokeUP

mewash2

I will not be putting cotton in the bowl. There is no visible vapor when using hash and blowing thru the bottom of the unit. Looking thru the empty stem tube I can see 2 wires near the bottom. The seal at the hinge seems airtight, side panels are good, and there is friction when removing the mouthpiece. I have what I consider flawless performance with herb. I wish the bowl were about half the size, and there were no wires visible in the silicone sleeve. The fact that the silicone may not have cured properly also concerns me. I imagine I will return this one for one that has no wires in the air-path.

Smknbud

My ONLY gripes about the ascent are all cosmetic at this point.

Mine also. It works great.

I just got my replacement u type wt (1st arrived broken) and have been using it with a bubbler. Superb. Great clouds, smooth and the taste is amazing. And being able to watch the vape move thru the wt really teaches you how to take the right draw from the Ascent.

Smknbud,

Cdub73

Vape 4 LIFE
I even have a rma coming from gotvape, I might still use it depending on how the unit functions.

Cheers medical mark

I do not know if I have the whole story, but how did GotVape gain access to the ascent before pre-registrants like myself. I know I wasn't the first in line, but I thought we would have priority. I apologize if I missed something here, but I have been axiously awaiting this vape for nearly 6 months.

Respectfully,

Cdub73

Cdub73,
Reactions: salivape

OF

I do not know if I have the whole story, but how did GotVape gain access to the ascent before pre-registrants like myself.

As a guess because they ordered their initial order before you did. The probably got first crack as part of their Distributor Agreement. What do you think would be fair?

Hopefully your's will get to you soon, and in good working shape.

OF

OF,

Cdub73

Vape 4 LIFE
The plan is to honor what we originally stated. Those that were invited to the first 2 prereg waves and paid will receive units first. Once I have more units in the warehouse, we will announce another open buying period via email. The list is pretty big, so if you haven't received an email with a time in the past...it's due to the fact we were inviting people in batches based on incoming inventory and your number just wasn't up yet. We will get GV units to fulfill their presales in due time as well as TV. But, inventory will be available with us first as we stated from the beginning. Thanks to all that patiently waited.

The above quote is the reason why I expected to be able to participate before distributors. The way I read it was that FC pre-registers would be first, then pre-sales from GV. Am I crazy??? Anyhow I have been very patient. I went as far as purchasing a Yelp coupon directly for DV and I am still left waiting. I am not complaining, but I have invested money myself and still have had no opportunity to purchase this vape.

Cdub73,

Smknbud

The above quote is the reason why I expected to be able to participate before distributors. The way I read it was that FC pre-registers would be first, then pre-sales from GV. Am I crazy??? Anyhow I have been very patient. I went as far as purchasing a Yelp coupon directly for DV and I am still left waiting. I am not complaining, but I have invested money myself and still have had no opportunity to purchase this vape.
I think the issue boils down to the unexpected QC problems and the fact that they stopped shipping anymore inventory to anyone. I'm pretty sure if there were no issues that you would already have yours in hand.

Adobewan

The above quote is the reason why I expected to be able to participate before distributors. The way I read it was that FC pre-registers would be first, then pre-sales from GV. Am I crazy???..
@Cdub73 No, not crazy, just suffering the anxiety of VAP as many of us have and do.
A suggestion to "glass is half full" this issue in your heart; if you'd gotten your's in a timely fashion, you might be suffering with a sub-par vape now.

I was told, the day before the first swarm of negative posts came in, that mine was going out the next day.
I not only feel lucky, but well taken care of, that they thought to withhold another potentially defective unit from that batch, and wait to send a properly QC'd one.
The potential of the Ascent that emerges from this crucible has me excited still!

Nunavut Tripper

I've been following the progress of the Ascent since last winter. The science of marketing a new product
is new to me and I've learned a few things about engineering and understanding these little devices.

Thank you FC 'ers.

I'll wait patiently and probably buy one once Davinci gets all the bugs out.

sxmokeUP

former combustionist

I am going to go ahead and say that DV said exactly what they said. Did something else happen? YES. Did they lie? Depends who you talk to. Did they withhold information? Everybody does. Surprised at this point? NO. Typical at this point? YES.

There are known knowns and known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns. DV (from the member to the company) embodies all those qualities.

edit: count your lucky pennies that you did not get one, cause maybe 80 percent returned theirs.

Top Bottom