Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

grokit

well-worn member
I sent my unit back to davinci, but misunderstood their email that said they wanted me send them the serial number first. That email also had an rma number and return instructions (mixed messages?), so I sent them an email after I spent almost $20 shipping it back to them with the serial number and the tracking number which was also requested.

So I wonder what they will do about the fact that I didn't follow their instructions exactly, did anybody else have to send in their serial number before returning their ascent to davinci?

It just seems kind of silly when you consider the fact that davinci shipped the unit to me originally, and therefore should already know the serial number.

Is this now the return the ascent nonsense thread or should this post be moved(?), I have no idea anymore I just want my money back!

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I sent my unit back to davinci, but misunderstood their email that said they wanted me send them the serial number first. That email also had an rma number and return instructions (mixed messages?), so I sent them an email after I spent almost $20 shipping it back to them with the serial number and the tracking number which was also requested.

So I wonder what they will do about the fact that I didn't follow their instructions exactly, did anybody else have to send in their serial number before returning their ascent to davinci?

It just seems kind of silly when you consider the fact that davinci shipped the unit to me originally, and therefore should already know the serial number.

Is this now the return the ascent nonsense thread or should this post be moved(?), I have no idea anymore I just want my money back!
My brother returned his Ascent, and DV has had it for a week. No refund yet.

They sent the email with instructions 12 hours after he talked to them on the phone. The phone rep didn't mention anything about a serial number, but the email made it sound like it was extremely important. Needless to say, he put it in the mail several hours before he got that email.

So glad I held out and didn't spend any of my own money.

BlueCloud

My brother returned his Ascent, and DV has had it for a week. No refund yet.

They sent the email with instructions 12 hours after he talked to them on the phone. The phone rep didn't mention anything about a serial number, but the email made it sound like it was extremely important. Needless to say, he put it in the mail several hours before he got that email.

So glad I held out and didn't spend any of my own money.

I have been calm through this, but it is ridiculous that units have been returned for days and no refunds issued. I also was not told about the SN until after my unit was shipped back. The Rep said just put your order number in the box.

Last edited:
BlueCloud,
Reactions: Snappo

Rexxe

I have been calm through this, but it is ridiculous that units have been returned for days and no refunds issued.

I'm a little worried about this as well. My return is due to arrive there tomorrow and I would expect the refund within a couple days of them receiving the unit. @sam reynolds, has your brother tried emailing or calling them again to ask where the refund is? I'm sure DaVinci is swamped right now, but not refunding within a couple days is no good.

Zorbak

I also haven't received my refund yet, but i'm going to give them a week before I get too concerned about it. They are really swamped, and a week for refunds isn't unusual.

Elmafuf0

I called DV got a call back within an hour. Mine won't heat when it's closed unless it's plugged in. Got an RMA # and was told I could hang on to the unit for a bit as replacements might take a few weeks. This is a good option for me as I'm enjoying it more. Smell has largely gone away and with a piece of sea glass on top to pack and hold down the pack I get clouds at about 375. So, no refund - gimme one that works and I'll be quite happy.

sam reynolds

I'm a little worried about this as well. My return is due to arrive there tomorrow and I would expect the refund within a couple days of them receiving the unit. @sam reynolds, has your brother tried emailing or calling them again to ask where the refund is? I'm sure DaVinci is swamped right now, but not refunding within a couple days is no good.
How's this for timing? About an hour or so after I posted, my bro got his refund. This chapter in our lives is complete.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Well, after deciding that I was going to love and keep my Ascent even with it's flaws, the battery went wonky. About every 3rd use the temp gauge would just start dropping away towards 0, on a full charge, minutes into a session. I have returned it and hope that I can revisit this vape down the road when they get the kinks worked out. Until then, I'm off to the inhalator xp thread. It seems as if they have gotten over most of their bumps in the road now.

sam reynolds

Haven't really been around here for a few days. Was hoping to pop in and see some progress, but conplaints seem to be growing.

How bad is it? Seeing a few positive posts, but my overall impression is that this thing needs to gestate a bit more.

sam reynolds,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I'm off to the inhalator xp thread. It seems as if they have gotten over most of their bumps in the road now.

i was thinking of doing the same thing but taste is a big thing with me and i hear the taste deteriorates quickly in the XP... like after the second or third pull and its already gets bad. i would love to try one to see for myself

AscentiaL

Question - how bad is it for the battery using the ascent with the charger plugged in? Does it induce mini charge cycles? Is there definitely no hope for a PA that bypasses the battery?

Btw, like V&C, I seem to be one of the few that have a well functioning stealth unit.

AscentiaL,

grokit

well-worn member
Well, after deciding that I was going to love and keep my Ascent even with it's flaws, the battery went wonky. About every 3rd use the temp gauge would just start dropping away towards 0, on a full charge, minutes into a session. I have returned it and hope that I can revisit this vape down the road when they get the kinks worked out. Until then, I'm off to the inhalator xp thread. It seems as if they have gotten over most of their bumps in the road now.

That's what started happening with mine, that issue at least seemed solvable by turning the unit on/off to reset it, but yeah wonky for sure.

grokit,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
i was thinking of doing the same thing but taste is a big thing with me and i hear the taste deteriorates quickly in the XP... like after the second or third pull and its already gets bad. i would love to try one to see for myself

Unsure, but have read that only is the case if you pack bowls really full. Going to be hard to beat the taste of an ascent. Like the ascent, the inhalator seems to be the only other portable in this class that doesn't have a milkshake draw. That is important to me.

Snake Plissken,

Kaptan

Not trying to go to off topic, but usually if you keep the temp below 7, the taste is still there. It's the high temps on the I-XP that quickly deteriorates the taste.

Kaptan,

Medical Mark

Wow lots of issues here today, I have 2 models stealth from DV and a BurlWood from GV and they both work flawlessly..
My Burl Woodunit took a while to start charging but after a 12. Hr charge she is working fine.
I find that the Burl Wood unit is made better, tighter seals, better seal on the buddy rim and seems to heat up and get hotter then my stealth unit.
I kinda wish my stealth had as tight seals and the buddy rim if I blow down it I can hear air leakage on the left side of the rim and if I blow down the glass straw I hear air coming up and out beside the glass stembutthis is not the case on the Burl Wood unit nice and tight.
I don't know if my stealth has QC issues cause ther not that pronounced It still works great despite the small things I've noticed but they don't effect the overall performance.

Anyway ill do a video today and see what you all think of this thing, I really like this Ascent it tastes great and produces nice clouds for me and my needs.

Cheers medical mark

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I turned on the ascent today out of curiosity and the battery had no bar left. How many more times it will turn on who knows. Remember the other day I said it was around 25% or a little less actually.

Dreamerr,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
I've been using a small load (two one hitters) with the oil jar in place and at 380 I get good vapor. I've also been using a rubberband around the seal, it helps.

lwien

Anyway ill do a video today and see what you all think of this thing, I really like this Ascent it tastes great and produces nice clouds for me and my needs.

Cheers medical mark

How much bud do you have to put in the bowl and at what temp do you need to vape at to produce those nice clouds?

lwien,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Someone should come out with an "ascent accessory pack"; it could include things like a wooden poker, some glass spacers, cotton balls, drilled-out oil jars, a thick rubber band, and perhaps a kickstand!

oh great, many little band-aids on a wound that needs a tourniquet. :doh:

edit: those items would be nice, but would call it the ascent survivalist's pack

Berkey

Unsure, but have read that only is the case if you pack bowls really full. Going to be hard to beat the taste of an ascent. Like the ascent, the inhalator seems to be the only other portable in this class that doesn't have a milkshake draw. That is important to me.

I'm new to FC as a member; actually just registered tonight but have been lurking for a year since I purchased a Pax of which have since gotten rid of due to it being too high maintenance. The constant cleaning was ridiculous.

I've been on the Ascent pre-registration list for months and have yet to have a chance to order it; at this point, it looks like I lucked out. Hopefully the next few batches work out all the bugs but that doesn't help me now.

My daily device is a Solo, but I am desperate for a pocket sized vape that has large cloud potential as well as great taste. From reading various forums on FC, besides the XP, it looks like the new (released yesterday) Pinnacle Pro could be another comparable option. Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

I apologize if i should have posted this on the Pinnacle Pro forum

Vaporito

for what it's worth the original Davinci is an excellent vape, and is available at allstarvapes for $129.

I was so looking forward to the ascent,but after all the issuees, I ended up getting a Solo for home use.

the original Davinci is still great for car\portable use... I'm just very surprised about the difference in QA between the original Davinci and the ascent.

Nunavut Tripper

Yes Vaporito I would have to agree. I've had two DaVinci vapes but gave them away to family members because I wanted to buy the Ascent when it came out but am holding back now because of the QC issues.
The two Davinci's I gave up are still running strong with no problems. Maybe I should have kept one.

Nunavut Tripper,

rsqemt911

Just mailed mine back to GotVape. Hope my refund comes soon so I can move on. May set my sights on the pinnacle pro. My vaporblunt2 is really quality.

Once I hear from a few more people who have them though.

Until them my pax is still going strong and never let's me down.

Top Bottom