Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breathemetal

That's what I thought. Bummer, that'd be dope...
Still looks pretty damn decent though! Haven't been watching this guy much till a few days ago. Looks alright!

I like the oil can idea (that is, if i am understanding it right)

Plop some wax in the can? Insert into Ascent? And wa-lah?
Or...am I missing something haha.

Breathemetal,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
And the info isn't up to date. The batteries aren't removable anymore from what I had heard.

You are correct, or at least it is not being sold as such. This has been discussed in more depth in this thread.

is it real wood and leather or faux?

Please see the wiki page but real wood didn't fare well with the temp changes, and the croc is faux.

Looks like the all black one is croc skin too

Please see the wiki page as there are three models. "Stealth" is all black. Croc skin has silver sides.

As rsqemt911 pointed out, the info on that page is not all up-to-date. For example, I believe the packaging shot was an old shot originally sent to distributors/retailers to generate initial interest.

I like the oil can idea (that is, if i am understanding it right)

Plop some wax in the can? Insert into Ascent? And wa-lah?
Or...am I missing something haha.

If by "wa-lah" you mean turn it on and inhale, then yes.
:)

11eleven11

By the way thanks for putting the time and effort into the wiki article, nigel. When I first heard of the Ascent and was referred to the wiki I got caught up to speed on it fast.

11eleven11,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

By the way thanks for putting the time and effort into the wiki article, nigel. When I first heard of the Ascent and was referred to the wiki I got caught up to speed on it fast.

:) No worries. That's what it's there for.

I'm updating it every time there is more information, so it is as current as the info we have. (unless I missed something... I'm only human, of flesh and blood I'm made)
:D

EDIT: If anyone sees something I missed or is not correct. please PM me and I'll correct as quickly as I can. Thanks

JoeKickass

Interesting spot for the power button, but at least it shouldn't get turned on by accident:
ascent_s-72dpi.jpg

And I'm surprised how open the air intake is and the sharp edges in the bowl:
ascent_n-72dpi.jpg

But this packaging looks sufficient to me:
ascent_a-72dpi.jpg

But if it's alibaba it's hard to tell, could be real, could be a prototype, could be a copy :shrug:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm pretty sure DV said a few pages back that the packaging shown there was prototype packaging and the finished one doesn't look like that at all.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

nigel

Interesting spot for the power button, but at least it shouldn't get turned on by accident

There are two buttons, to prevent accidentally turning it on. The other is in the front.

Additionally, the rep mentioned a master power button under the grill, but that could be old data and replaced by the one in the mouth piece.

And I'm surprised how open the air intake is and the sharp edges in the bowl:

But this packaging looks sufficient to me:

But if it's alibaba it's hard to tell, could be real, could be a prototype, could be a copy :shrug:

As has been mentioned, those photos are not current.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There are two buttons, to prevent accidentally turning it on. The other is in the front.

I'm fairly sure that the model I handled did not have a front power button. There are three front buttons, a + and a - to control the temperature and scroll through settings, which you bring up by pressing the gear button. The current location of the power button (shown in the photo) makes it extremely unlikely that it would get turned on accidentally. I don't think the grill is meant to be removable either, so nothing under there.

toros23

RoboMod - It looks like pure conduction from the photos, what do you think? Unless there is a heater between the bowl and the grill??

toros23,

nigel

I'm fairly sure that the model I handled did not have a front power button. There are three front buttons, a + and a - to control the temperature and scroll through settings, which you bring up by pressing the gear button. The current location of the power button (shown in the photo) makes it extremely unlikely that it would get turned on accidentally. I don't think the grill is meant to be removable either, so nothing under there.

Pak -- All of that info was collected by going back through this thread several times for all of the Rep's posts. Of course what she said at the time, might have been changed by now.

But it is my understanding that a second button press on the front is required to turn the unit on to prevent accidental ons. I do not believe it is a discrete button, but rather one of the front buttons was dual-purposed.

RoboMod - It looks like pure conduction from the photos, what do you think? Unless there is a heater between the bowl and the grill??

The glass lined ceramic bowl should be fairly insulating. You are right that it visually seems like a straight airpath, but from what we have been told, it should predominately be convection.

The area between the grill and the bowl is the area I understand least, but the minute I get mine, I'm taking it apart and telling you more. :)

toros23

but from what we have been told, it should predominately be convection.

Please don't take any offense, but that's why I was asking Pak... I know he understands the difference and he saw it hands-on..

toros23,

Reflections

I wonder what the all black one will really look like ...the 4th picture doesnt seem like one Ive seen before

Reflections,

NYC5IKH5jabi

I have a review unit coming before too long. Looking forward to getting the unit and testing it out for everyone. Personally, this has been my most anticipated portable of the year. :)
Compared to what? After the cera, there hasn't been any portable other than the davinci to look forward to. Unless there's others that came out this year that I'm not aware of.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pak -- All of that info was collected by going back through this thread several times for all of the Rep's posts. Of course what she said at the time, might have been changed by now.

But it is my understanding that a second button press on the front is required to turn the unit on to prevent accidental ons. I do not believe it is a discrete button, but rather one of the front buttons was dual-purposed.

The glass lined ceramic bowl should be fairly insulating. You are right that it visually seems like a straight airpath, but from what we have been told, it should predominately be convection.

The area between the grill and the bowl is the area I understand least, but the minute I get mine, I'm taking it apart and telling you more. :)

You could be right about the button press. It could easily have slipped my notice at the Expo, there was a lot going on. I didn't look closely enough to notice the airpath either. I am pretty sure it isn't 100% conduction, however.

You won't be taking this thing apart in a hurry. I did specifically examine it to see how difficult it would be to disassemble, and there are no obvious screws or seams.

pakalolo,
Reactions: toros23

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Compared to what? After the cera, there hasn't been any portable other than the davinci to look forward to. Unless there's others that came out this year that I'm not aware of.

Cera
Pinnacle
Inhalater XP

now back to the Ascent

mmenzie,

Jimmy

i remember hearing that a power button press would turn it on and a long press would start the heating. or maybe the other way around. it does kinda look like a conduction now. btw ive been looking for a clear picture of the top and bottom for a while now so good job marvil

and im getting stealth but on the croc i like the small wrinkles a lot better. the big wrinkles look cheap imo

Jimmy,
It sounds like everyone ordering with gotvape is getting a better deal. They get a guarenteed free adapter, they dont have to constantly check the dv site to try to be the first to order in order to actually get the ascent and possibly the adapter before they (the adapter and eventually the ascent too) run out. They also get 15% off their order from a promotion. I feel like thats a bit unfair, those sticking with davici and that have been preregistered and following this thread for a long time should be getting a better deal.
Just my personal opinion.

ascendedthoughts,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Maybe we will get a better deal?...We have not yet heard from DV on how this will all go down for the FC pre-registers...so, let's see how it all plays out...

toros23

Maybe we will get a better deal?...We have not yet heard from DV on how this will all go down for the FC pre-registers...so, let's see how it all plays out...

I think that was already laid out by DV a while back. It is just now that GotVape is giving away free stuff some people here think there should be additional freebies and discounts for FC pre-registrants. DV is already behind on this one, I don't really think we should be expecting anything else but I guess you never know.

toros23,

green2brown

It sounds like everyone ordering with gotvape is getting a better deal. They get a guarenteed free adapter, they dont have to constantly check the dv site to try to be the first to order in order to actually get the ascent and possibly the adapter before they (the adapter and eventually the ascent too) run out.

DV has said that everyone who pre-registered will get a free gift (adapter). And you don't need to continuously check the website to "be the first to order." They'll be distributed in order of pre-registration.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

We've been watching you too Jill, thanks for finally joining! Guy's, we got another one! :clap:

Uh oh. If you've all been watching me, then I have some serious 'splaining to do. :uhoh:

Welcome, and thanks for crawling out from under the bed to join us. ;)

(or is that a tablecloth in the avatar? I can't tell.)

Yup, it's a bed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom