Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
max said:
especially when the vaping process means introducing widely varying amounts of cold air with each hit

i find the density of the herb pack and quantity of herb can move the actual temperature 5°F from the setpoint temperature.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I apologize for not reading through the whole thread..but does the Ascent have precise temperature control?

Not only does it have temp control, it has PROGRAMABLE temp control. See here for more info.

As others have indicated, environmental and user variables can affect the actual temp, but hopefully the sensor provides enough feedback to the heating elements to keep variation within a narrow range.

Jimmy

Not a problem if the temps are a few degrees off. I just hope they are consistant and dont fluctuate. Also hopefull it will make a difference when you go up or down a degree. Ill take my laser pointer thermometer thing and measure the temps when i get my ascent

Jimmy,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Not a problem if the temps are a few degrees off. I just hope they are consistant and dont fluctuate. Also hopefull it will make a difference when you go up or down a degree. Ill take my laser pointer thermometer thing and measure the temps when i get my ascent

i never have success using a laser thermometer to measure my vaporizer. i find a contact thermometer, like a digital BBQ thermometer (meat thermometer), provides a more accurate reading. The one i use can measure up to 300°C and cost about $10.

iamn3ko

It has a 14mm hole at the bottom so i figure finding a glass adapter from the stem mouthpiece of the ascent to this wont be too hard to find. hope this helps some of you.

Hi, welcome, first time poster I see.

IF you'd been lurking for the past few weeks like you said, you would have seen we JUST discussed this exact WT 2 pages behind this.

It's always nice to lend a helping hand, but please do at least a little bit of research that way we aren't posting the same thing over and over again.

Good looking out though.

iamn3ko,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Hi, welcome, first time poster I see.

IF you'd been lurking for the past few weeks like you said, you would have seen we JUST discussed this exact WT 2 pages behind this.

It's always nice to lend a helping hand, but please do at least a little bit of research that way we aren't posting the same thing over and over again.

Good looking out though.

I for one am grateful...I've been looking everywhere for a link to the actual WT, and this is the first (working) one I've seen in a while.

Thanks, Izzy!

sam reynolds,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
well wizvape now accepting pre orders and have a new video. I bet they are trying to steal some thunder from the ascent.

baltik

Davinci mentioned that certain tester units along with some prize units were going to go out on Friday - anyone get their shipping info? Something tells me that if these units are delayed as well, there is more to this than packaging..

baltik,

Conky

I checked in with the nice folks at davinci to find out if we're looking at days, weeks or months just to get an idea of the wait. The lady informed me they were hoping to receive the units in the next few weeks, hopefully beginning of June.

Conky,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Sounds like them getting their shipment in june translates to us getting our shipments end of june. I may have to pull the trigger on the cera. This is getting ridiculous. I've needed a portable since dec but decided I would suck it up and wait till spring for the ascent. But I think I'm gonna have to reconsider. Ill probably have enough saved by June to also get the ascent as well. ( a cera and ascent! Now that might be bad news for the pax!) she might have to get taken behind the ol woodshed for the metaphorical breakup

NYC5IKH5jabi,
DV just put that they 'will be issuing an official update very soon' on their facebook (decided to check using my gf's since i deleted the account i made after i lost the joke contest :p. i guess the update will be what jphlips was told)... but even as someone whos currently vapeless i dont mind the extra wait lol, dv has been great to us and with the issue delaying the release seeming out of their control, i feel worse for them than i do about not having the vape... just my :2c:

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
DV just put that they 'will be issuing an official update very soon' on their facebook (decided to check using my gf's since i deleted the account i made after i lost the joke contest :p. i guess the update will be what jphlips was told)... but even as someone whos currently vapeless i dont mind the extra wait lol, dv has been great to us and with the issue delaying the release seeming out of their control, i feel worse for them than i do about not having the vape... just my :2c:

Very well put

I also feel bad. They have endured a onslaught of b.s. Things happen and this is life. They are great to us here, and the last thing we want is for them to get fed up and stop keeping us in the loop, giving us a 1 to 1 direct link with the manufacture (a very nice one at that!), Letting us have direct input into design aspects, Throwing us spectacular contests etc... Try no not try, be respectful in your comments and/or criticism please. I know they are working non-stop to get us the best product as quickly as possible. And for that I say thank you DaVinci. Don't falter, were behind you. :tup:

toros23

Yeah, it really sucks they come here to share info and then probably end up regretting it. So many new people have joined FC just for this release and then bash them or bail on them when the going gets tough. I have not been a registered member long but long enough to know this is a community and we need to be supportive.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The regulars, you know who you are, put it so wonderfully. DV has run more contests, then I can recall, then any other manufacturer on here. They do also treat us right and give us the info when we salivate for it. Let's just put it where it is. DV we luv:love: you a whole bunch:clap: . When we get it we know it will be right.:tup:

gtrmonkey

Hey guyes I been lurking this thread, and Fc for quite sometime. Every since, my friend recommended That I should look at a DV Vape. I figured what better place to look then FC, for reviews and knowledge. Originally was going to get a pax considering it the end all be all. Until I saw this thread. I would like to say, this thread alone, As made me want to be a DV customer. The reason is, DV, as really been good to this community. Giving decent updates, not leaving people in the wind. Trying to answer the important questions. Really a company that takes time to focus on commuinty, and allow thoughts and ideas to help the make there lastest product, you can bet its going to be a good one. It really shown the true colors of the company.

Seriously you guyes are really lucky. Because most companies dont do that.

So I just thought I would like to thank you guyes at FC, for your vast knowledge, and DV for being soo open, here.

rsqemt911

my most recent reply from GotVape i received on sunday :

Hello Rob,

I just spoke with DaVinci, all of our pre-order customers are on track to get the first batch of Ascents shipped out at some point next week.

As this is the first shipment, they are performing one last QC test so that there are no problems.

They learned a huge lesson from PAX because the first batch had a ton of problems since they brought it to the market too fast.

Would you like me to send your Care Pack first on Monday, that way you have some goodies coming to you? Then I can ship out the Ascent the moment it arrives?

Once you get it, go into your local shop, you will see that you got your unit before any shop in the nation.

I will contact you next week with the tracking info for your Ascent.

J Nano

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
my most recent reply from GotVape i received on sunday :

I fixed up the post mate its unreadable:

Hello Rob,

I just spoke with DaVinci, all of our pre-order customers are on track to get the first batch of Ascents shipped out at some point next week.

As this is the first shipment, they are performing one last QC test so that there are no problems.

They learned a huge lesson from PAX because the first batch had a ton of problems since they brought it to the market too fast.

Would you like me to send your Care Pack first on Monday, that way you have some goodies coming to you? Then I can ship out the Ascent the moment it arrives?

Once you get it, go into your local shop, you will see that you got your unit before any shop in the nation.

J Nano

^^^ It's good that they learned to wait, even tho they can surely recruit lab rats here ;)

mod note: With some background styles YOUR post is unreadable -

EDIT2 : ok, now it is readable to all.

NYC5IKH5jabi

I fixed up the post mate its unreadable:

Hello Rob,

J Nano

^^^ It's good that they learned to wait, even tho they can surely recruit lab rats here ;)
Hmm. I really hope that's true. We need a review here stat!

NYC5IKH5jabi,

GanjaDude

Hey guyes I been lurking this thread, and Fc for quite sometime. Every since, my friend recommended That I should look at a DV Vape. I figured what better place to look then FC, for reviews and knowledge. Originally was going to get a pax considering it the end all be all. Until I saw this thread. I would like to say, this thread alone, As made me want to be a DV customer. The reason is, DV, as really been good to this community. Giving decent updates, not leaving people in the wind. Trying to answer the important questions. Really a company that takes time to focus on commuinty, and allow thoughts and ideas to help the make there lastest product, you can bet its going to be a good one. It really shown the true colors of the company.

Seriously you guyes are really lucky. Because most companies dont do that.

So I just thought I would like to thank you guyes at FC, for your vast knowledge, and DV for being soo open, here.
Welcome and Awesome first post.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think sometimes people forget it's the plant that matters. None of these vapes are worth a shit without our herbs. Unless DV is coming into your home and stealing your weed, you should be fine until they release. Hit your other vapes, or light up if you have to, and then enjoy this when it is finally released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom