Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC5IKH5jabi

As soon as I know that the units are in the air, I'll open a pre-order officially. I'll send an email to all those that pre-registered first :)
Can I expect my local head shop to receive the units around the same time or will it initially be offered only though davinci?

NYC5IKH5jabi,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
As soon as I know that the units are in the air, I'll open a pre-order officially. I'll send an email to all those that pre-registered first :)

I "pre-registered" but did not get an email letting me know I am "in". Would it be possible for you to send out a "bump" email to everyone on the list (at least the FC portion of the list) just to give us all a chance to make sure we are all officially "pre-registered".

It would also give you a trial run before you send out that blast when it's time for us to purchase...

NYC5IKH5jabi

I "pre-registered" but did not get an email letting me know I am "in". Would it be possible for you to send out a "bump" email to everyone on the list (at least the FC portion of the list) just to give us all a chance to make sure we are all officially "pre-registered".

It would also give you a trial run before you send out that blast when it's time for us to purchase...
Yea I never got any email either. Although I'd rather buy it in person if its going to be available at a Lhs

NYC5IKH5jabi,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Hello

Is possible to consume hash in the Ascent Vaporizer?

Thanks
That's what I was asking. I think that glass would become clogged easily. Hash by itself couldn't possibly work as well as dry herb. But I think we won't truly know till someone tries it and informs us.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
That's what I was asking. I think that glass would become clogged easily. Hash by itself couldn't possibly work as well as dry herb. But I think we won't truly know till someone tries it and informs us.
It comes with little oil jars so if your were to smoke hash i would put it in the oil jars not the bowl.

Sonics420

Cant wait to get my Ascent. I am getting one for sure. I want to do a comparison with the Ascent oil bucket vs Cera EO Cart. And also seeing if the Ascent(LL) can put out clouds like my XP.. Would make it an ALL-IN-ONE portable for me.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Hey forum, i e-mailed davinci from their website asking about bowl size and the response from Jessica was 'we don't have the exact size yet, but its double the size of the DaVinci.' so just wanted to update u guys since it would seem it'll actually be larger than the rumored 1.3 grams

Keep in mind that what you are really asking about is VOLUME but yet you are talking about is WEIGHT.

Those are very different measurements.

The VOLUME of the bowl is fixed.

The WEIGHT of a material that will fill that VOLUME will vary as a function of DENSITY. Different materials will have different DENSITIES.

A fixed volume of loose flower will have a much different density than a fine grind. Which is heavier: a gram of feathers or a gram of lead? (trick question) Okay, which has a greater volumetric displacement? (not trick question)

Shrike

Keep in mond that what you are really asking about is VOLUME but yet you are talking about is WEIGHT.

The WEIGHT of a material that will fill that VOLUME will vary as a function of DENSITY. Different materials will have different DENSITIES.

ASCENT...you are my density...I mean destiny...

Shrike

Glad you liked it, Vapinghole. I figured most of you guys would get the reference...sharp crowd here. And yeah, it did seem appropriate. I can't wait for them to release this thing! :)

Keep in mind that what you are really asking about is VOLUME but yet you are talking about is WEIGHT.

A fixed volume of loose flower will have a much different density than a fine grind. Which is heavier: a gram of feathers or a gram of lead? (trick question) Okay, which has a greater volumetric displacement? (not trick question)

lmao yea tht was a typo more than me not understanding, i checked tht wiki b4 i posted and since it said 30% larger than davinci= 1.3 g, i was trying to say that a bowl twice the size of davincis (100% increase) would be able to hold more... cheers tho, i get why you felt the need to lecture, i only talked about volume increase and then threw in a unit of mass, should have stuck to comparing the % increase in volume (they said 30% b4 but now it sounds closer to 100%)

here<=and=>there,

nigel

i checked tht wiki b4 i posted and since it said 30% larger than davinci= 1.3 g... i get why you felt the need to lecture,

Hey, here<=and=>there!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to lecture you, but rather make a broad general point to everybody.

The value in grams is from this thread, and *I *put it on the wiki. I only just a week or so realized that weight!=volume. :doh:

So, if it was a lecture, it was half directed at myself. ;)

But also, I threw that up for others' comments. I will most certainly allow that my statement is in error, and am waiting for someone to point that out. :)

Regardless, the rep is trying to get us clarified info as to the volume. I hope to have it soon to clarify for all of those that don't have the original DaVinci to compare, what it might be.

nigel,

nigel

Bowl size does not = medicated IMO. Extraction = medicated:clap:

Point well taken. :) But some people like stats (regardless of how applicable they are when it comes down to it) so I'm trying to get clarity for them.

Plus, for those of us that don't finish the entire thing in one sitting, having a larger capacity bowl, is kinda like the old bowl+storage compartment. Kinda?

EDIT:
i would like to be able to vape different amounts. a pinch or a couple.
I'm more of a "pinch" kinda person, so there's my point about a larger bowl being a "storage compartment" for an outing. :)

nigel,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Point well taken. :) But some people like stats (regardless of how applicable they are when it comes down to it) so I'm trying to get clarity for them.

Plus, for those of us that don't finish the entire thing in one sitting, having a larger capacity bowl, is kinda like the old bowl+storage compartment. Kinda?

EDIT:

I'm more of a "pinch" kinda person, so there's my point about a larger bowl being a "storage compartment" for an outing. :)
putting more in and leaving the abv sits with the rest and tastes stale. My pax is like that if you dont vape it all and come back , its not that fresh.
granted pax isnt the ascent and might have a more even vape just my..:2c:

nigel

putting more in and leaving the abv sits with the rest and tastes stale. My pax is like that if you dont vape it all and come back , its not that fresh.

Good point. But the PAX is predominantly conduction, so it will continue to burn the material. (Or this is my understanding from what I have read from PAX owners.) So the effect might be more pronounced in the PAX???

nigel,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Only a few more weeks and we will know for sure. Nigel you are the PBB of the cera thread which is a good thing. I called him the encyclopedia of the thread and insisted he change his avatar which he did for a week about to a google one. You will have all the correct info eventually.

I am a full bowl type of person no matter how much it holds so smaller bowls are usually better but don't tell me that since I will complete it no matter what. I think that it won't taste as bad as a pure conduction vape when going back to it if you suck all the last hits out before you abandon the session. I very often run bowls twice so I know the second session won't be tasty but sure does still medicate. I do this just because it is easier not to change the herb especially when out.

Dreamerr,

nigel

Only a few more weeks and we will know for sure. Nigel you are the PBB of the cera thread which is a good thing. I called him the encyclopedia of the thread and insisted he change his avatar which he did for a week about to a google one. You will have all the correct info eventually.

Awwww.... thanks!
:cheers:

nigel,
Reactions: Dreamerr

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
[quote"nigel, post: 385498, member: 12292"]Good point. But the PAX is predominantly conduction, so it will continue to burn the material. (Or this is my understanding from what I have read from PAX owners.) So the effect might be more pronounced in the PAX???[/quote]

Yeah It stays warm for a bit but the ascent has conduction also. I leave mine in the pax and vape twice even though its stale cause it still medicates. Your right though and hopefully the ascents conduction cools quick and has even abv which pax doesnt.

V8pire,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom