Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajarena95

Obsessed...

av1.jpg

a2-1.jpg

a3-1.jpg
Nobody stands a chance in that contest with this guy on the job. He might even get a job at davinci when they see this!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I applaud the effort and documentation, however, I still say that keeping it simple with a straight stem, and add a silicon tube if required to achieve upright usage apart from with Hydratube type devices

That'll probably be the way to go. in the end i think oil users may have to give up the all glass air path.

max

Out to lunch
The discussion was about convection vs conduction, not portable vs desktop. IMO, conduction vapes tend to be smellier than convection. I don't remember saying that the Pax was "strictly conduction." I believe I said that it "uses conduction." Still, I don't think there's any doubt that the Pax is PRIMARILY a conduction vape. Please don't put words in my mouth. Thanks!
So what decent desktop model is conduction, even primarily? You say I'm changing the discussion to desktop vs. portable, but I didn't mention desktop or home vape period. You're doing the same thing you're accusing me of doing.

This a vape specific thread. The smell topic has gone far enough. If you want to discuss smell, with conduction vs. convection, then start a thread in General Vaporization.

This is also NOT the contest thread, and anything else posted here concerning the contest will be removed.

Chill Dude

Hey Zee007, that's cool you found a new hobby, but I have to say you're kinda scaring me. It's like those serial killer movies where the guys room is all cluttered with pictures of victims and news articles of his killings. Creepy!!!

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
So what decent desktop model is conduction, even primarily? You say I'm changing the discussion to desktop vs. portable, but I didn't mention desktop or home vape period. You're doing the same thing you're accusing me of doing.

This a vape specific thread. The smell topic has gone far enough. If you want to discuss smell, with conduction vs. convection, then start a thread in General Vaporization.

This is also NOT the contest thread, and anything else posted here concerning the contest will be removed.
My primary concern was trying to determine if the Ascent is a convection or conduction vape. I'd like to know mainly because of efficiency. I hardly think two posts that mention smell as it might relate to the Ascent is excessive or irrelevant. I've certainly seen off topic posts on other threads (The Cera thread, for example) that numbered in the dozens before they were moved or warned. Is this situation different because someone dared to disagree with a mod? Do what you will.

mod note: From the rules page- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site.

Crohnie,

Zee007

Hey Zee007, that's cool you found a new hobby, but I have to say you're kinda scaring me. It's like those serial killer movies where the guys room is all cluttered with pictures of victims and news articles of his killings. Creepy!!!

I can't stop! might try to pull out another design before time runs out... :D

max

Out to lunch
My primary concern was trying to determine if the Ascent is a convection or conduction vape. I'd like to know mainly because of efficiency. I hardly think two posts that mention smell as it might relate to the Ascent is excessive or irrelevant. I've certainly seen off topic posts on other threads (The Cera thread, for example) that numbered in the dozens before they were moved or warned. Is this situation different because someone dared to disagree with a mod? Do what you will.
Sorry we're not able to moderate every thread equally. Lots of posts and few of us. That's why we rely on members to report posts. Picking out a thread where somebody got away with something and asking 'why can't I do it too?' won't fly.

Let me make it real clear, and you can complain all you want, as long you do it via PM and not public posting. This is not a member post, which you're free to disagree with. This is an instruction from staff. No more discussion about convection vs. conduction here as a general topic. This vape has convection and conduction going on, just like other vapes with enclosed, metal heating chambers/bowls.

Herbal Ant

A job at DaVinci would be a dream come true

I know right, but I would be good with winning my new "Ascent" and upgraded "DaVinci" portables for now! :D Could really use them seeing as I wasted the rest of my tax money on a defective vaporBlunt 2.0 and TRVB seems to be ignoring me. :cry:

Herbal Ant,

Zee007

I know right, but I'll be good with my new "Ascent" and upgraded "DaVinci" portables for now! :D Could really use them seeing as It seems I wasted the rest of my tax money on a defective vaporBlunt 2.0 and TRVB seems to be ignoring me. :cry:
ahhh that sucks... :\

Zee007,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Little bigger than I expected and looks mostly conduction. I have nothing against conuction but I have great vape that has that covered.

tranceporter,

Zee007

Little bigger than I expected and looks mostly conduction. I have nothing against conuction but I have great vape that has that covered.

I've got to agree, I expected it to be much smaller, but the extra battery life is a huge bonus, and it is still small enough to fit in your pocket. Even though it is a bit big, the device seem's like it is pretty stealthy due to the fact it looks so much like a smartphone or some kind of technological device that wouldn't be second questioned.

Zee007,

cellardoor

Honestly they've been pretty up front about the size this whole time. I think people were just picturing it wrong and/or don't realize the woman in the video has smallish hands.

cellardoor,
Reactions: rcflo

xclarryx

does anyone else remember they said its the size of an iPhone? I think the girls hands are small in the video, that's why it looks big. if you watch coral reefers video on YouTube of the pax, that thing looks like its the size of a vaporblunt in her video haha.

oh didnt they even post some pics of it by an iPhone a while back?

xclarryx,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think so xclarryx but I believe it is thicker and a smidge taller and narrower but very similar.

Dreamerr,

Herbal Ant

I was going to make an updated video right before the deadline, but after thinking about it for awhile now, I see no way to improve my design. It's small, stable, simple, and I think it would be perfect with or without the stand. :science:

Herbal Ant,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I know right, but I would be good with winning my new "Ascent" and upgraded "DaVinci" portables for now! :D Could really use them seeing as I wasted the rest of my tax money on a defective vaporBlunt 2.0 and TRVB seems to be ignoring me. :cry:

i would like to derail for just my post (and possibly a reply)
have you asked over in the VB 2.0 thread? i haven't read that thread in a long time so you might have. i only ask cause the the guy that posts on here as the MFG always seems like a good guy to me.

now back the the Ascent :popcorn:

mmenzie,

salivape

Are we talking iphone 4 or 5? Because that's a massive difference. Those 5's are pretty damn long.

salivape,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Man deja vu or what!? Havent checked this thread in a while and get on and all i see is people freaking out about the size. Eerily similar to the mivape

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Kief
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom