Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapzilla

Do you think the herb is just sitting on a hot surface like food in a frying pan, while you just suck the vapor that rises from the part of the herb that's contacting the hot metal?

I hope not, that's exactly what I don't want, another Pax.

Vapzilla,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I here more argue conduction is a better thing then convection, so it's good news IMO. I don't think the vapor will be the same as shown when smoking bud compared to mint leaves. Also I have a small feeling they jacked the heat up to the highest setting to show off big vapor clouds. I don't think much vapor will actually be coming out of the unit once opened. Not to mention the new feature where the heat adjusts to a lower temperature every so often.
Really? I mean it's all personal preference and all but I prefer convection vapor. Conduction vapor makes me sleepy.

CentiZen,

mephisto

Not to derail, but never thought of the concept of different effect caused by different method of heat. That explains a few things.....Thanks Centi! always a good read from you.....

mephisto,
Reactions: CentiZen

CEOnnor

So glad this video got posted. If you're smoking anywhere in my near vicinity over the next month be prepared to hear an ass ton about the Ascent

CEOnnor,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Does anyone know if theyre releasing the carbon fiber one? If so is it gunna cost extra? Im big into cars so a carbon fiber vape would be a dream come true. As it is the ascent itself is a dream cone true!
Welcome to the forum:tup:

No it will be the same price, and I 'm pretty sure they will all be released at the same time.

Here is a link to the manufacture's web-site for pricing and other info:
http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci/

1_gr8_underdog,

ajarena95

Welcome to the forum:tup:

No it will be the same price, and I 'm pretty sure they will all be released at the same time.

Here is a link to the manufacture's web-site for pricing and other info:
http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci/
Thanks! Ive been a looong time lurker as with most forums and have been following this thread religiously since day one. I almost bought the pax when it hit the market but decided to hold out thinking it would be the first of its kind with more to come. Im so glad i waited because this is sure to blow the pax out of the water. The only other vape im considering is the thermovape cera but i cant seem to find any thorough reviews or good pics or videos of vapor production. Its as if it still hasnt hit the market yet but im positive it has. Does anyone have any experience with the cera?

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Thanks! Ive been a looong time lurker as with most forums and have been following this thread religiously since day one. I almost bought the pax when it hit the market but decided to hold out thinking it would be the first of its kind with more to come. Im so glad i waited because this is sure to blow the pax out of the water. The only other vape im considering is the thermovape cera but i cant seem to find any thorough reviews or good pics or videos of vapor production. Its as if it still hasnt hit the market yet but im positive it has. Does anyone have any experience with the cera?

Check out the Cera thread. You'll find all that and more. :)

sam reynolds,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
There is a great review by jcat in the cera thread and a bunch of videos as well if they are still up.

Dreamerr,

Zee007

Really? I mean it's all personal preference and all but I prefer convection vapor. Conduction vapor makes me sleepy.
Yup, I was really interested in the PAX a while back and someone told me to look into the CERA because it vapes using conduction and "conduction is better than convection" (is what he told me). I actually found out about the forum because he told me to look up the cera, but now I'm way more interested in the Ascent. I had no clue conduction and convection could make you feel differently, but I wouldn't know because I'm not too experienced with vaporizing.

Zee007,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just read like the last ten or so pages...read backwards ajarena.

BTW zee...the cera is convection and the pax is conduction. I think you had it backwards. There is a difference. Think conduction being a hot plate and it doesn't need your help and convection you bring the heat to the herb and create your perfect temp hence why most vapes are combos of some sort.

ajarena95

Yup, I was really interested in the PAX a while back and someone told me to look into the CERA because it vapes using conduction and "conduction is better than convection" (is what he told me). I actually found out about the forum because he told me to look up the cera, but now I'm way more interested in the Ascent. I had no clue conduction and convection could make you feel differently, but I wouldn't know because I'm not too experienced with vaporizing.
I could be wrong but as far as i understand the cera is mostly convection if not all convection. It pulls air through holes in the floor of the herb chamber thus heating up the herb using hot air without the hetb ever touching the element (convection). Whats the general consensus on whats better all glass or all ceramic vapor path?

ajarena95,

Zee007

I could be wrong but as far as i understand the cera is mostly convection if not all convection. It pulls air through holes in the floor of the herb chamber thus heating up the herb using hot air without the hetb ever touching the element (convection). Whats the general consensus on whats better all glass or all ceramic vapor path?

I must have misheard them :lol:. It's really all personal preference, I assume glass would have a cleaner taste

Zee007,
Reactions: jardri

Chill Dude

After a quick read over the cera thread the ascent looks much more promising. I can not wait for its release!

Yeah, I was leaning Cera for a while and now I'm all fired up for the Ascent. The Cera is arguably the best portable vape for oils/concentrates, but gets low marks for herb. I think the Ascent wil fit the bill for both weed and oil. Oh yeah, it looks pretty fucking cool too.....

Chill Dude,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I must have misheard them :lol:. It's really all personal preference, I assume glass would have a cleaner taste
Actually ceramic is probably better,just as clean as glass if not better but way more durable!!!!
Ceramic also has amazing thermal properties, retains heat very well!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirconium_dioxide

Very excited the ascent has a ceramic bowl with all glass air path!!!!!

BLAZING OG,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Well that would explain why we saw vapor coming out of the bowl in DV's vid.
Davinci had posted a few pages back that the ascent was some conduction but mostly convection!!!! So i hope this helps others that think its mostly conduction, i will try to find the original post from davinci!!!

:nod::wave:

*************************************EDIT*************************************

okay here it goes ladies and gents!!!!!!

• Glass on glass- the bowl is glass lined, and the glass straw (not pictured) runs directly from the glass bowl through the unit. I'll get some pictures of this feature up soon.
  • Dual mouthpiece-The dual mouthpiece allows for 2 options. Option 1: the user can utilize a retractable glass straw, making sharing and cleaning easy. Option 2: offers a more personal discreet experience by allowing the glass straw to remain inside the unit, still offering an all glass vapor path,by vaping directly through the mouth opening.
  • 4 hour battery life- this unit contains 2 rechargeable REMOVABLE lithium ion batteries.
  • The Ascent has the ability to vaporize both herbs and oils, features digital temperature control and a cool new OLED display
  • Heat up time is around 45 seconds, and it will heat to 405F/207C. Thought about changing it to 430F/221C, but it just seems so unnecessary.
  • we really wanted to use real wood grain, but the heat and humidity was causing it to crack :( Looks like the wood model will use a high tech printing, the black one is simply matte black aluminum. We are playing around with 2 more styles right now including blue and silver aluminum and wait for it.(peta may not be happy)........real croc skin!
  • For the connoisseurs of temperature control out there, the Ascent will have a function that allows the user to adjust the setting of vaporizer temperature automatically. For example, you set it to stay at 360F/182C for 3 mins, go up to 375F/190C for 2 mins and then to 380F/193C for 2 mins.
  • The exact measurements of the Ascent are: 4.47" (119.36mm) tall, 2.24" (56.85mm) across and 1.03" (26.04mm) wide.
  • Yes, the temperature is completely variable and you can set it to 100C if you'd like..although as you mentioned, not very effective. Drawing shouldn't effect the temperature too much, usually drops a few degrees, but nothing noticeable. Personally, I do not like the restricted draw. I see the value to produce think vapor clouds...but shouldn't your vape be able to do that without the restriction? Just my two sense, it will be a free flowing draw.
  • We will ship to Europe, as all of our products are 110-240v and will likely have these in our EU distributors hands a month or so after our US release. I know not all vaporizer companies do this..but I like to wait to have our CE certification before entering the market.
  • The chamber is about 30% bigger than that of the DV, so about 1.3g, although I do not recommend packing it too tight as it restricts the airflow. Same with the DV...I don't like it filled all the way. Not to mention that the bottom of the vape swivels out to expose the bowl and makes it easy to pack.
  • I am working on getting an external charger as I would too like to have extra batteries charged up for those 4 day hiking trips in Yellowstone. Extra batteries will be available, but I can't promise that the external charger will be ready by launch.
  • I've been meaning to develop a water pipe attachment, just haven't gotten there. I guess in theory, you can make just about any vape work with a water pipe. Hmm..on to working in an all glass adapter.
  • Regarding the materials, the bowl is a glass lined ceramic and yes the straw is retractable..no clicking though..wrong company. The straw is hugged by a tight silicone sleeve that also provides additional insulation for breakage. The little screen that you see on the bottom of the unit...we call it a grill (think cars), is where the airflow comes in from the bottom. Its made of 304 stainless.
  • In the center of the vape there is also a glass screen that will prevent most particulates from going though the air path, of course some people will opt to add another screen. Depends on preference.
  • Now regarding discreetness...if you push the straw completely into the body, it's very discreet. Well, if you walk down the street sucking on an electric shaver type of discreet.
  • Also, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted about conduction..I need to edit that post. We really try to focus on building convection vapes. A quick heat up time is great for some materials, but really lends to combustion not to mention an uneven roasting experience. So all in all, the Ascent is a convection vaporizer
  • We could have sped up the heat up time, but weren't happy with the overall experience when we did.
  • (Before anyone brings it up...yes there is some conduction, but the conduction vs convection debate deserves its own thread )
I do believe there is more but gotta run for a bit!!!!

Zee007

Davinci had posted a few pages back that the ascent was some conduction but mostly convection!!!! So i hope this helps others that think its mostly conduction, i will try to find the original post from davinci!!!

I remember seeing it as well. Honestly though what gives whether or not it's convection or conduction as long as it's not combustion. The vape has already proved its outstanding performance, I'm losing sleep thinking about this damn thing....

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I remember seeing it as well. Honestly though what gives whether or not it's convection or conduction as long as it's not combustion. The vape has already proved its outstanding performance, I'm losing sleep thinking about this damn thing....
Zee007 check the above post i just posted up!!!!:rockon:

*************************************EDIT*************************************

okay here it goes ladies and gents!!!!!!

• Glass on glass- the bowl is glass lined, and the glass straw (not pictured) runs directly from the glass bowl through the unit. I'll get some pictures of this feature up soon.
  • Dual mouthpiece-The dual mouthpiece allows for 2 options. Option 1: the user can utilize a retractable glass straw, making sharing and cleaning easy. Option 2: offers a more personal discreet experience by allowing the glass straw to remain inside the unit, still offering an all glass vapor path,by vaping directly through the mouth opening.
  • 4 hour battery life- this unit contains 2 rechargeable REMOVABLE lithium ion batteries.
  • The Ascent has the ability to vaporize both herbs and oils, features digital temperature control and a cool new OLED display
  • Heat up time is around 45 seconds, and it will heat to 405F/207C. Thought about changing it to 430F/221C, but it just seems so unnecessary.
  • we really wanted to use real wood grain, but the heat and humidity was causing it to crack :( Looks like the wood model will use a high tech printing, the black one is simply matte black aluminum. We are playing around with 2 more styles right now including blue and silver aluminum and wait for it.(peta may not be happy)........real croc skin!
  • For the connoisseurs of temperature control out there, the Ascent will have a function that allows the user to adjust the setting of vaporizer temperature automatically. For example, you set it to stay at 360F/182C for 3 mins, go up to 375F/190C for 2 mins and then to 380F/193C for 2 mins.
  • The exact measurements of the Ascent are: 4.47" (119.36mm) tall, 2.24" (56.85mm) across and 1.03" (26.04mm) wide.
  • Yes, the temperature is completely variable and you can set it to 100C if you'd like..although as you mentioned, not very effective. Drawing shouldn't effect the temperature too much, usually drops a few degrees, but nothing noticeable. Personally, I do not like the restricted draw. I see the value to produce think vapor clouds...but shouldn't your vape be able to do that without the restriction? Just my two sense, it will be a free flowing draw.
  • We will ship to Europe, as all of our products are 110-240v and will likely have these in our EU distributors hands a month or so after our US release. I know not all vaporizer companies do this..but I like to wait to have our CE certification before entering the market.
  • The chamber is about 30% bigger than that of the DV, so about 1.3g, although I do not recommend packing it too tight as it restricts the airflow. Same with the DV...I don't like it filled all the way. Not to mention that the bottom of the vape swivels out to expose the bowl and makes it easy to pack.
  • I am working on getting an external charger as I would too like to have extra batteries charged up for those 4 day hiking trips in Yellowstone. Extra batteries will be available, but I can't promise that the external charger will be ready by launch.
  • I've been meaning to develop a water pipe attachment, just haven't gotten there. I guess in theory, you can make just about any vape work with a water pipe. Hmm..on to working in an all glass adapter.
  • Regarding the materials, the bowl is a glass lined ceramic and yes the straw is retractable..no clicking though..wrong company. The straw is hugged by a tight silicone sleeve that also provides additional insulation for breakage. The little screen that you see on the bottom of the unit...we call it a grill (think cars), is where the airflow comes in from the bottom. Its made of 304 stainless.
  • In the center of the vape there is also a glass screen that will prevent most particulates from going though the air path, of course some people will opt to add another screen. Depends on preference.
  • Now regarding discreetness...if you push the straw completely into the body, it's very discreet. Well, if you walk down the street sucking on an electric shaver type of discreet.
  • Also, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted about conduction..I need to edit that post. We really try to focus on building convection vapes. A quick heat up time is great for some materials, but really lends to combustion not to mention an uneven roasting experience. So all in all, the Ascent is a convection vaporizer
  • We could have sped up the heat up time, but weren't happy with the overall experience when we did.
  • (Before anyone brings it up...yes there is some conduction, but the conduction vs convection debate deserves its own thread )
I do believe there is more but gotta run for a bit!!!!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Were you the one who posted that list a while back? Just want to say thanks because I've copied and pasted it a ton trying to spread the word in other forums.
No, i cant take the credit for that, but i believe member bluemonkey posted it from davincis blog or something !!!! Actually i think he pulled it off from various fc post and compiled it all together!!!!

BLAZING OG,

xclarryx

they mention an external charger and how it might not be ready, does that mean the ascent will work in the same way as the davinici, meaning it can be used WHILE its charging?

xclarryx,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom