Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
it wouldn't be the FIRST one i fell for today!!! LOL

Google's "smell-o-vision" got me. :lol:
Considering how large they are though; I wouldn't be surprised if they could hack into my brain and make me smell things. :tinfoil:

VaporEyes,

Herbal Ant

I didn't even read it, I saw first 100 people and I just filled out my name and email and hit enter...what did I accept? Can someone please tell me? :rofl: Seriously though, I have no idea what the page said and when I go back it just says thank you for taking the survey. :lmao:

Herbal Ant,
Reactions: harmudge

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I didn't even read it, I saw first 100 people and I just filled out my name and email and hit enter...what did I accept? Can someone please tell me? :rofl: Seriously though, I have no idea what the page said and when I go back it just says thank you for taking the survey. :lmao:

It's just a preregistration; you aren't legally binded to anything. A gift is promised to the first 100 applicants. I assume they also have to follow up on that with an actual purchase to receive the gift?

Of course I do ... as Arfsdad explained: knowing what the inner workings of the original Davinci look like will give us some basic info of how hard it will be to disassemble the Ascent.
I'll have to abuse Apple again as an example: they are notoriously known for locking down their products as much as possible ever since the iPod showed up in 2004. Since then I haven't ever bothered with any of their products again.
Now in the case of Davinci I wasn't going to dig through 80 pages on these forums just to find out whether or not (or rather: how badly) they lock down their products.

Apple products are not "locked down" like you say. The reason apple products are hard to disassemble is because they must have minute tolerances to produce small, sleek products. The consequence of a sleeker product often is that it is harder to dissect. Considering that the ascent is sleek as fuck, it may be harder to open up.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Ascent Pre-Registration link is now up. i just filled it out for myself!!!

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascentregistration/

Well, the rep *did* say something about a special code for FC, and that we would get first notice about that program, so that pre-reg page might have been not for us. But by now I'll presume we have flooded the first 100 positions. ;)

I hadn't seen an email reply, so obviously it isn't automated.

Didn't the rep say something about doing a trade show this week? If so, might be a bit before they are back in town, and we get our code.

Apple products are not "locked down" like you say. The reason apple products are hard to disassemble is because they must have minute tolerances to produce small, sleek products. The consequence of a sleeker product often is that it is harder to dissect. Considering that the ascent is sleek as fuck, it may be harder to open up.

I made the point in an earlier post, but the change to non-removable came around pretty late in the design/production process, and consisted of "a cap".

So, I'm willing to guess that they didn't stop and 100% redesign the battery compartment to make things difficult, but did the easiest/quickest/cheapest solution to claim protection from liability issues. (And I would guess the rep couldn't comment one way or another, lest they open themselves up to the same liability issues they are trying to avoid.)

I guess we'll find out for sure in a few weeks.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Herbal Ant

Well, the rep *did* say something about a special code for FC, and that we would get first notice about that program, so that pre-reg page might have been not for us. But by now I'll presume we have flooded the first 100 positions. ;)

I hadn't seen an email reply, so obviously it isn't automated.

Didn't the rep say something about doing a trade show this week? If so, might be a bit before they are back in town, and we get our code.

DV told us about the preregistration page though.

Since so many of you participated in building this awesome product, what I am going to do, is to offer you all a free Gog adapter with preregistration and purchase of the Ascent. I should have the preregistration page up by Friday...or so my web guy tells me. This will enable you all to get in line for purchase and then I'll send all registrants a promo code to get the adapter with purchase.

Gear up for the Haiku Contest...we'll launch this after I get back from ExpoGrow next week!

Also ExpoGrow Buenos Aires ended yesterday, so we should hear something pretty soon and hopefully a new video, I can't wait... :drool:

Herbal Ant,

They are locked down in my experience, by almost every definition. They intentionally make their products difficult and expensive to repair. Anyone who has ever tried to replace the keyboard on a Macbook will agree. They're just greedy. I hope the world wakes up and tell Apple to shove it up their ass.

On the upside... I'm really looking forward to the Ascent. I measure all portables by the Solo at this point, and I hope the Ascent, despite being made in China, surpasses it in every way.

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Was gonna wait another few weeks to hop back on the thread for more info to be released, good thing i didn't!
Got my pre-registration in, hopefully before 99 others.. :cool:

exhaleclouds,

nigel

DV told us about the preregistration page though.

*A* preregistration page.

But they didn't tell us about *THAT* preregistration page.
;)

Only reason I bring this up is the "First 100 people" thing (we were told "offer you all a free Gog adapter" and "then I'll send all registrants a promo code to get the adapter with purchase" ), which might speak to that page being for a group other than us...

Jus' sayin'.

nigel,

Herbal Ant

*A* preregistration page.

But they didn't tell us about *THAT* preregistration page.
;)

Only reason I bring this up is the "First 100 people" thing (we were told "offer you all a free Gog adapter" and "then I'll send all registrants a promo code to get the adapter with purchase" ), which might speak to that page being for a group other than us...

Jus' sayin'.

I'm thinking Marduk might have something with that FC box I now remember checking. Plus it's on DVs main site, that's why I'm thinking that is the one and only preregistration page. :brow:

There's a check box for where you heard about the Ascent, so I'm thinking maybe if you check "FC Forum" you get the gift even if you're not in the first 100. Maybe. ;)

Or we can be really hopeful and maybe it's a different gift, like a free Davinci to hold you over until the Ascent comes out. :D

Herbal Ant,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

I'm thinking Marduk might have something with that FC box I now remember checking. Plus it's on DVs main site, that's why I'm thinking that is the one and only preregistration page. :brow:

Or we can be really hopeful and maybe it's a different gift, like a free Davinci to hold you over until the Ascent comes out. :D
Heh. Nice! :)

nigel,

Nunavut Tripper

I preregistered this morning. No acknowledgment as of yet.
Don't want to sound stupid but what is the Gong attachment for?
Some type of bubbler ?

Nunavut Tripper,

max

Out to lunch
[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/members/charliedontsurf.4147/' said:
charliedontsurf[/URL]]On the upside... I'm really looking forward to the Ascent. I measure all portables by the Solo at this point, and I hope the Ascent, despite being made in China, surpasses it in every way.
Care to offer a list of vapes that are 100% made in the US, or other 'acceptable' country? It would be a short one indeed.

China isn't even in the top ten of countries with the lowest labor costs, and as has been said many times, lots of the world's highest quality products are made in China. I can turn my name brand laptop over and read 'made in China' on the back.

nunavut-tripper said:
Don't want to sound stupid but what is the Gong attachment for? Some type of bubbler ?
Yes- any type that fits the attachment.

lwien

Yup. I remember the days when "Made in Japan" denoted something that was made of inferior quality. I have no doubt that "Made in China" will follow the same trend out of this misconception.

Most all, if not ALL, appliances, including American manufactured appliances like automobiles, have parts and components that are made in China.

Now granted, China is notorious for companies whose sole intention is to clone existing products and manufacture them with inferior materials and sell them with counterfeit logo's, as well as being notorious for a lack of governmental control over safety standards of such products, but it is myopic to think that these practices pertain to ALL products manufactured in China.

lwien,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom