Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokie

Just had an email from davinci, saying not taking orders on ascent yet but they will be available on their website towards end of march, so now we have a price and a bit more of an idea when available.
And they will ship to Europe :)

smokie,
Reactions: Jeff-K

salivape

And they will ship to Europe :)

Awesome. I remember reading in this thread that EU orders will be released a month later. Now I'm actually going to need to use some restraint! Somehow I think the credit cards going to take a battering in March/April.

smokie, did they happen to mention European shipping costs? I know it's early days but a rough idea would be nice. I think I'm sold at any cost though tbh. :rockon:

I wonder how that would work out warranty wise? Would the cost of shipping be down to the buyer? That would be slightly off putting and may make me wait until there's some official UK distributors.

salivape,

smokie

Awesome. I remember reading in this thread that EU orders will be released a month later. Now I'm actually going to need to use some restraint! Somehow I think the credit cards going to take a battering in March/April.

smokie, did they happen to mention European shipping costs? I know it's early days but a rough idea would be nice. I think I'm sold at any cost though tbh :rockon:
They didn't but I'm sure it will be reasonable just remember the import charges!

smokie,

salivape

Ah yes I hadn't thought of that. I think I may just wait for the UK distributors to stock them unless it will be equally expensive to buy it here. I'm so impatient though.

salivape,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I had the pleasure to see the Ascent up close and personal this week, and the product just looks great! I think you guys have a real hit on your hands here, sign me up as a soon to be customer.

Can you talk about it any more? Did you get to hold it, or see it in action?

Glad your first impression is good!

sam reynolds,

Reflections

Hi everyone, I too am anxiously awaiting for ANY info on the ascent... new to vaping..cept for e-cigs..been on those a few years... realizing now i need to have a back-up since my pax had to be sent back..This one is looking real nice!!

Reflections,

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Im in the same position but Im actually thankfull its not out until after my trip in April. More money for goodies! Dont know if I can get PM's as a new member but seeing as youre there a week before me Id appreciate a message with whats hot in dam right now! If you dont mind of course!

250 is reasonable imo. I just wonder if the price in the UK will be inflated as the original da vinci is still selling for £160 or the eqivalent of $250

I have not tried but I'm sure you can get PM's....so I'll keep you informed about my most interesting findings...of course there is a risk I won't remember too much... I'm sure you understand :ko:

overvaped,

Nunavut Tripper

Hi Guys

I've been lurking on FC for some time now and have learned a lot. I've been a cannabis lover for 44 years and exclusively vaping for almost ten. I'm following the Ascente thread with interest and this will probably be my next toy in the arsenal. My wife and I are wilderness trippers , enjoying both backpacking and sea kayaking so portable vapes are of special interest. I have an Iolite and just gave my Davinci away to my daughter because I'm interested in the Ascente mainly because of it's longer battery life. I was happy with the Davinci but was contemplating buying a portable solar charger for the extended camping trips so I'm hoping the Ascente will indeed have a three hour battery life so I can avoid the expense and extra bulk of the charger. We're not heavy tokers but just like to pack a bowl in the evening after the dishes are washed up and it's chill time.
The vaping world has come a long way in the last few years with lots of good machines being developed and the junky ,poorly designed ones are starting to disappear.

Nunavut Tripper,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Can you talk about it any more? Did you get to hold it, or see it in action?

Glad your first impression is good!

I did not use it. I did see it and get to talk to them in for a while, they are really cool people. I haven't read this thread so I am uncomfortable talking about details as I do not want to say anything I shouldn't. I can tell you my opinion.

My first thought was "cell phone" when I seen it. It fit very well in my hands and was virtually self explanitory on how to use. It felt and looked how you would expect a $250 new item to feel and look. The EO setup is effortless to switch to, the design is well thought out. Obviously its hard to say with out using it, but it has the intangibles to be a great addition to the world!

bluemonkey

hey guys this vape caught my eye, seems like the next best?
just wondering if is worth waiting for this one, the arizer solo is available with some great deal at the moment and the newer model is out. So they should have any issues ironed out, whereas this new unit may have some teething problems, although Davinci does have some pedigree
think it's worth waiting?
because i could purchase a arizer right now for £100, no customs, free next day postage

bluemonkey,
Reactions: treeman

REBG

i have compiled a list of personal portable vape pens. i will be using honey oil but i dont know which one is best. i've been getting a lot of mixed reviews but any advice would be helpful

e-skillet v7
omicron persei
atmos nuke
thermovape revolution
the essential oiler
MicroG pen
vaporX XL
pulsar 7 ultra
gentleman's ambassador
Wax ePen Vaporizer Kit
VIP vape pen
Omicron Portable Essential Oil Vaporizer V2.5
O-PHOS Black Portable essential oil vaporizer
budy pen
g pen
atmos raw
Skyda5 Personal Pen Herb and Oil Vaporizer
Stealth Skyda 8 Pen Herb Oil And Wax Vaporizer
AGO Portable Vaporizer
Synergy V-Pen VAPORIZER
cloud vape pen
Perfection Pen Vaporizer

Mod note: This post is off topic and should have been posted in the Ask FC section. Please take any other questions like this to a new thread there.

REBG,

JoeKickass

i have compiled a list of personal portable vape pens. i will be using honey oil but i dont know which one is best. i've been getting a lot of mixed reviews
Omicron v2
Persei
Those are the only that I would recommend, I've also heard good things about gentlemen's v2 hash oil carts. (But yeah haven't tried the gentlemen's...)

And of course the davinci ascent! This is a thread for that after all..

JoeKickass,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
i have compiled a list of personal portable vape pens. i will be using honey oil but i dont know which one is best. i've been getting a lot of mixed reviews but any advice would be helpful

e-skillet v7
omicron persei
atmos nuke
thermovape revolution
the essential oiler
MicroG pen
vaporX XL
pulsar 7 ultra
gentleman's ambassador
Wax ePen Vaporizer Kit
VIP vape pen
Omicron Portable Essential Oil Vaporizer V2.5
budy pen
g pen
atmos raw
Skyda5 Personal Pen Herb and Oil Vaporizer
Stealth Skyda 8 Pen Herb Oil And Wax Vaporizer
AGO Portable Vaporizer
Synergy V-Pen VAPORIZER
cloud vape pen
Perfection Pen Vaporizer
Those are the only that I would recommend, I've also heard good things about gentlemen's v2 hash oil carts.

And of course the davinci ascent! This is a thread for that after all..

I would NOT recommend the gentlemans brand V2 hash oil tanks. Ordered 2, 1 came dead on arrival. Tried calling the, and left a message on phone and through email without ever receiving a reply. Also has a funky metallic taste that never went away. Definetly stay away!

Havent used delta9 products, but they are definetly a worthwhile buy as is evident in their threads. I would definetly NOT recommend anything skyda or atmos, havehad aweful experiences with atmos in general.

If price is an issue, I LOVE the MicroG its awesome, the only drawback is your going to have to replace the carts and with heavy use its been about 3-6 weeks replacing carts for me. It is the same thing as the cloud pen, and I would recommend the MicroG over the cloud because you get 2 pens, 2 glass containers and a tool.

My new love however is the thermovape revolution, by far the best oil vape on that list but good luck finding one! A cera EO is a great alternative though if you cant find one, if you want the best id go with thermovape(rev or cera if you cant find rev) or wait for the ascent. If thats not possible go with the MicroG

hey guys this vape caught my eye, seems like the next best?
just wondering if is worth waiting for this one, the arizer solo is available with some great deal at the moment and the newer model is out. So they should have any issues ironed out, whereas this new unit may have some teething problems, although Davinci does have some pedigree
think it's worth waiting?
because i could purchase a arizer right now for £100, no customs, free next day postage

Arizer solo comes out with a "newer model" every couple months it seems. Its nothing new really, just a different sereial number. Sometimes the new seriel numbers work a liitle better and sometimes they have kinks, like battery light/longevity issues etc...IMO, i would wait for the ascent which hopefully isnt too far away. If you cant wait then the solo is a great buy. But its definetly not as stealthy, external stems are a hassle and slip in and out too easily after some uses. I sold mine and havent looked back since. Also id be far too afraid to try oils in the solo and risk leaking into unit

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
...IMO, i would wait for the ascent which hopefully isnt too far away. If you cant wait then the solo is a great buy. But its definetly not as stealthy, external stems are a hassle and slip in and out too easily after some uses. I sold mine and havent looked back since.

I just pulled the trigger on the Solo while waiting for the Ascent...all I have at the moment is my MFLB, and while I love the size and reliability, I need something more robust.

But the Ascent looks like the best of both worlds. Fingers crossed on this one...

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just pulled the trigger on the Solo while waiting for the Ascent...all I have at the moment is my MFLB, and while I love the size and reliability, I need something more robust.

But the Ascent looks like the best of both worlds. Fingers crossed on this one...

Yeah its definetly an upgrade from the MFLB. Im sure itll be just as reliable if not better, Plus you wont have to worry about combusting!

But back to the ascent! I havent been paying attention for a while, is this still slated for Marchish release?

Mynameismud,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom