1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Discussion in 'ABV' started by 1_gr8_underdog, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

Hopefully Slim got the wood, and thus we have FC members with pix of all three!
    :)

The Ascent-trifecta!
    1_gr8_underdog and ShipDit like this.
  2. ludwig

ludwig Well-Known Member

I'm definitely looking forward to the first reviews. Seeing the waterpipe attachment got me thinking.

Ascent definitely could be hooked up to a whip very easily. So I was thinking if there was a some kind of "dock" where I could put the Ascent in so I could connect the whip to and pass the whip around while keeping the Ascent on the table. Bringing a tabletop feel to this bad boy.
  3. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

Dang it made it to you first. I wonder if my package got overnighted. How did it come USPS/UPS/FedEx? I am so excited... I really can't wait. On a personal level this one is the most anticipated portable I have on my list. :)

Can't wait to compare notes with you. Did you nee do an initial charge?

I asked for the Leahter Alligator version. ;) Who knows what I will get.

[​IMG]
    Self Portrait by Robert Barr, on ipernity

Don't be too mean. ;)
    t-dub, RUDE BOY and ShipDit like this.
  4. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

mine is black, so stealth edition seems appropriate. actually, it is the one I would have asked for, so feeling good.

I agree with THR that is feels very well built. It has a solid, heavy feel that reminds me of the Solo. It's charging now, and I know it can be used while charging, but it's still too early in the day for me. I'll probably fire it up in another couple of hours. It should be completely charged by 5:00.

The packaging is very professional...like an iPhone or the Pax. The ceramic bowl has a thin glass coating and the bowl looks to be ample...about the same as a Pax oven (deeper and narrower) or about two to three Solo stems. I can look through the bottom grill, up through the holes in the bowl to the glass screen/mouthpiece...I like it that the entire air path is so easily viewable.

I was told the only differences between this unit and the production units they are awaiting are simple cosmetic issues...the seams don't line up perfectly and the buttons stick out a little bit. I don't know what they are talking about with the seams...they look fine to me. But I get the button changes. Right now they stick out a little bit and have pointed corners. This can be improved a little and they are doing just that. I know some are getting impatient, but the improvements will be worth the wait and it gives me great hope for the unit and the company...it shows a perfectionist attitude that cares about the details.

I will review this unit as I usually do. I will be here to report on any interaction I have with it and will check in every time I use it. I'll see you guys in a couple of hours!
  5. TheHerbalReview

TheHerbalReview @TheHerbalReview

Dang bro, looking slickl! It arrived via Fedex at 8am; earliest I've ever got it... didn't need an initial charge; actually came 75% charged. I'll post some pics up real quick of everything. I got the final okay from Nikki! I think you'll be really happy SLIM. I've got to work here in about an hour... or I'd be loading up several trenches; but I'll shoot you a message around 11pm central. Hopefully you'll have got yours and will have had time to test it out by then!
    ShipDit likes this.
  6. nigel

Uhhhh.... not to nit-pick, but isn't the purpose of a review unit, to... uh... review it? That involves words and pictures.

And quite possibly video.
    :)

I think you already have the "okay from DaVinci."

Now post some Ascent-pr0n! ;)
    OhTheAgony and VaporEyes like this.
  7. Glifax

Glifax New Member

Slim, how do you tie a tie like that? Slick
  8. TheHerbalReview

TheHerbalReview @TheHerbalReview

Thanks to Nigel, I will no longer be sharing the pics; the review videos take about 5-6 hours to film/edit... and I've made the mistake of posting up reviews before I had a complete feel for the vaporizer... so I'm definitely going to make sure I don't prematurely throw one up just to please people. It shouldn't be more than Sunday night tho!
  9. Slightly Medicated

Well that was fast. The anwser was FedEx for my delivery as well. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got the Alligator Leather one. Yay! Now comes the fun part of video production.

First I have a date with a watering want. I need to spend some time watering the tomatoes and peppers. Will put it on the charger now. :)

It is actually not overly complicated. I got tired of the same old tie knot. You can find out some info and a video tutorial here: http://agreeordie.com/features/fashion/616-how-to-tie-a-necktie-eldredge-knot
    trezhunter, Buyola, Glifax and 3 others like this.
  10. eviling

eviling Member

11. nigel

Old photos are old.

Already covered several times in thread.
    Quetzalcoatl and sam reynolds like this.
  12. Shrike

Shrike EVOlved & Waiting to 'Hop

Looking forward to your review THR...
    TheHerbalReview likes this.
  13. VapingDitto

VapingDitto Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Nigel! I waited for months just for this :p
    VaporEyes and TheHerbalReview like this.
  14. eviling

eviling Member

dont be so fast to reply, i changed my opinion, the site had matching packaging. and allot of really detailed pictgures. not need to be snippy.
  15. Vaporito

Vaporito Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a whip. I use the longer stem (whip) with the davinci an it's so much more comfortable. A table dock with a longer whip would be awesome!

even though I don't do oils (yet), I think I will opt for the U shaped adapter...
  16. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I AM the epitome of "snippy" and believe me, nigel was not snippy. Asking someone to not reply so fast because you changed your opinion and edited your post after he relied to it is kinda like asking someone to unring a bell, eh? (Now THAT is snippy) :cool:

OK, back on topic............The very first time I saw the Ascent, I was like..... :o. Now I'm like:
    :o :mmmm: :o .
  17. PoopFights

PoopFights New Member

I just watched the latest video from Da Vinci and i have a question about the adapter. I guess in my head I was thinking something different about the part that attaches to your water pipe. Will this work with a bong? How do I tell if I need a 14mm or 18mm? Do I get this number by measuring the diameter of the female piece?
  18. Slightly Medicated

I thought the box has a picture of the unit on the front. When I looked closer I was like damn this picture is really awesome... it is almost like 3D! Then I realized it was a pice of clear plastic and I was looking at the actual unit. :) That was an interesting visual/mental trick.

I am really digging the weight and feeling of the unit in your hands. :)
    Glifax, ShipDit and nigel like this.
  19. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

20. nigel

The adaptors ARE for water pieces. It looks like the retractable stem/straw is removed and replaced with the adaptor(s), then they couple with your water device. Usually most pieces are one of the two diameters (unless highly custom)
  21. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

*unlikes the attitude displayed in this post*

You can keep your pictures as well as your review then as far as I'm concerned. Nigel seemed to have a point or at least to me, whats with the arrogance yo?
  22. 11eleven11

11eleven11 Well-Known Member

Sort of pointless but I was bored.

edit -- woops. Posted a fixed up version of stone's pic but nm there are better pics already.
  23. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

Sarcasm has never translated well over the internet without being made obvious.
    OhTheAgony, sam reynolds and Shrike like this.
  24. PoopFights

PoopFights New Member

Thank you Nigel!
  25. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

Was I too serious again? :myday:

If so I apologize for the quick draw THR, I thought you meant that :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors