1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Discussion in 'ABV' started by 1_gr8_underdog, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaporBaked

VaporBaked Active Member

I'm just happy they put a decent video out. As far as the lady employee.....I took it as she maybe that's what she likes to vape to? I thought it was sweet looking at the drawings and than seeing those water pieces produced. Looks like a solid unit and I could hear it clicking open and closed.

2. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

The Ascent is looking as sexy as ever!
    Oh, and the girl's alright too. :lol:

t-dub and JoeKickass like this.
  3. eviling

eviling Member

heh if thier tweaking it make that oven bigger :p :X idk looks small in videos, other than that unit looks smexy, im pretty disappointed with how crappy my pax turned out to be.

Glifax likes this.
  4. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

I must admit I rather look at a pretty person (m/f) than a not so pretty person myself.

T&A are just a bonus :rolleyes:

I am one of the winners too btw, I think I was the first one even. Don't forget about me just because I'm patience pls :haw:

So, SliM, has that video uploaded yet..? [​IMG]

BLAZING OG, t-dub, nigel and 3 others like this.
  5. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

I don't know about T, but there is some hard to miss A at 1:30 in this vid... :cool:

Vitolo, mmenzie and ShipDit like this.
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I just want to mention that Cortney introduced me to the artist she mentions at the end of the video, Ivan (www.ivanart.net), and he asked if he could do a caricature of me and I agreed of course:

[​IMG]

I told him to give me a smirk so he did. Great guy and a terrific artist.

You should have seen her from the front. ;)

7. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Sorry to go against the grain, will keep opinions to self.

8. TheHerbalReview

TheHerbalReview @TheHerbalReview

ALRIGHT. SOOO. At my doorstep this morning was a package......

As soon as I get my okay from Da Vinci, I'll post the pics. I CAN say confidently without using the vape yet... this is what spending $250 on a vaporizer should feel like. Da Vinci means business with this bad boy; and when I mean "business", I mean easily the most stylish/advanced portable out there.

INITIAL OBSERVATIONS:

- I felt like a secret agent when opening my package. Not only was there an awesome Da Vinci T-shirt, there was also an official Da Vinci black envelope sealed with their own stamp of approval. The contents of that envelope: "Top Secret Information" :)

- The wait for packaging will be worth it. SO simple, yet very clean; again with the Da Vinci "stamp of approval" seal wrapped around the box like a ribbon. Think original Da Vinci box, except grey & with a window displaying the Ascent.

- Even the inside of the box feels quality. There's two little flaps that pull up displaying your charger/accessories

-Accessories look to include, a pick for stirring (shown in video), a sticker, instructions, 3 extra screens, two what seem to be rubber plugs, a long glass screen (shown in the bottom of the Ascent in Nikki's video), and two glass oil cans w/ rubber lids. The lids have little holes that allow your vapor to travel up the glass stem & mouthpiece.

- The Ascent honest-to-god feels like the best portable on the market. They've really set the bar, just like I'd expected. It feels VERY sturdy. I got the black croc skin leather version... and it's really sexy. The metal on the sides of the vape make it feel similar to a phone... I could easily see this being mistaken for a phone actually.

- What's interesting is, there is no "clicking" noise like described a few posts earlier. It's rubber on the top/bottom, so when pulling out your glass mouthpiece/screen, you have to use your fingernail. It's pretty easy, and I was able to hold my mouthpiece and shake it rapidly without it falling out... so the rubber was a solid design choice; it'll give it some shock absorption in a fall as well, although you won't see me doing any drop tests.

- When you hit the power button, you get a startup screen similar to powering on a phone. It says "Ascent" then flashes "By Da Vinci"... then you're at your home screen.

9. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Sorry should of said "pretty face", not T&A.

Not the video I was referring to.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

nigel likes this.
  10. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

Hope you're getting to work on a video right away!! :o... :bowdown:

11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

So any ad that features a lady demoing a product is construed as T&A? There are a LOT of T&A ads out there but this surely isn't one of them and what's wrong with having a lady with a pretty face demonstrating your product? Would you have preferred this:

[​IMG]

And Paka, along the same lines, damn man, if you're gonna represent FC in a vid, don't fucking look like you just rolled out of bed. ;)

mmenzie, nigel, ShipDit and 4 others like this.
  12. JapeTheVape

JapeTheVape New Member

New videos, talk of pre orders and initial reports coming back as we'd dreamt. Good times are coming! Not long now... Nice work Da Vinci :tup:

Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  13. TheHerbalReview

TheHerbalReview @TheHerbalReview

:lol: WOW.

Tweek and RUDE BOY like this.
  14. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Did somebody say T & A? :D

That little guy in the video was the best part. He reminds of a mini Steven Spielberg :razz:

Shrike, Buyola, ShipDit and 2 others like this.
  15. Vaporito

Vaporito Well-Known Member

TheHerbalReview thanks for the initial mini review. looking forward to more updates... thank you!

Tweek and TheHerbalReview like this.
  16. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I traded a pair of unused Peter Tosh tickets from Oct. '82 to someone for a half ounce of killer Bud last year . He was only 2 in 1982 but lives in Marly and Tosh tee shirts other then that he's one of the whitest people i know. :doh:

Dreamerr, Tweek and ShipDit like this.
  17. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Whoa, such aggression! If had known that's what I would be doing I... probably wouldn't have done anything different. That's how I look, dude. Now I'm off to hunt up that mug of yours in the Classifieds and poke fun at it. :evil:

18. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Stay away from my mug. :myday:

19. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

I have wanted this for sooo long...but we have a separate thread for this,please remain on topic.
    Hehehee...I am sooo F:)cked!

20. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

It begins...

Awesome first impression!

Tweek, Buyola and ShipDit like this.
  21. stickstones

stickstones Eccentric of mist Staff Member

Maybe there are three of us. The packaging is tight. I will be using it this weekend and giving my feedback as usual.

[​IMG]

22. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

:drool: Ok, I am out of here...there is no way I can afford another vape. :science:

23. nigel

nigel And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

AWESOME way to start a day!

(I may or may not have just wet myself a little. :rofl:)

Questions:

• What are the three extra screens? Obviously not the glass stem piece with the built in screen as you mentioned that later. Metal screens? Glass???
    • Rubber plugs be the mouthpiece cover?
    • No extra stems/straws (the extractable glass)?
    • No "cute little carrying satchel"?

Presume there was a wall-wort in there.

Then there is further action on the front panel to engage the heating element, correct?

24. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

Haha, was that you in the video Paka? You look a lot friendlier than I've always imagined you would :D

He reminds me of Tommy Chong.. :spliff:

ps: thanks for the review THR, some pics would be awesome :tup:

I'm still torn between the all black & the crock-model myself :shrug:

ShipDit likes this.
  25. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

Hey sticks is that the stealth edition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors