Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Okay that's it, I'm enforcing a MMM. That being a "Mandatory Midwest Meetup" that will take place at THR's place of residence. THR has no say here and I will be driving provided those who join pitch in for gas.

On a real note though thanks for the info SS and THR, can't wait for some more data and that video!

If it gives you any idea; I'm a DIE HARD Chiefs fan; so you can "Discount-Double-Check" my pictures out... but I won't be hanging out with any Packers fans anytime soon! ;)

Yeah, top & bottom of the bowl, right? As the holes are the same size on the bottom of the bowl and on the glass screen, correct? So can you fit the second screen on the top and have no issue closing it?

Yeah, you could easily put a screen on the top/bottom if you desired... I didn't completely fill my trench my first use... I've got to stay productive at work!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know what the screens are for.

I put the plastic cap on the stem after threading the stem through the other loop...kind of like the caps on a straw...I think that's how it was designed, but I don't know.

It's solid feeling like the DV and the Solo.

silver420surfer...you will get your solo comparisons here. I will comment once I have hit it enough and found the sweet spot. The draw is not wide open, but very open...more than you need. So while the Solo is physically restricted, this one will be functionally restricted, which I prefer. So far, I like the feel better and it is easier to hit...now we gotta see if it fogs like the Solo.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
<me>:doh:</me>

Sense. That make some.

YES! I had a "why didn't I think of that" moment. You have to stretch it a little to fit around the stem, but it fits perfectly and snags at the top, causing it to look like this.

photowku.jpg

Here's what my herb looked like after about 6 min at 380F.​
photoxcos.jpg
Weight comparison to the DV please.

Definitely heavier, not a crazy amount... but you can tell. It feels more solid.

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
How well does the herb last while the unit is on? Can I Vape then take a minute break in between without suffering the flaws of conduction. (Bad taste) Any comparisons between a MiniVap? Is the unit pure convection? If not, is it more convection than conduction? How long does the taste last @ 375F? Is the unit smelly during/after use? Can you compare the stealth and smell to another vape? Sorry for the questions... Sooo excited...

VapingDitto,

Vaporito

Funny the whole screens thing and size of the holes reminds me of going to Trader Joes and choosing how fine to grind coffee for my Keurig...

it's be great if there was a grinder for meds that you could set the degree of grind.... uhm...

I still say one screen definitely goes on the bottom of the bowl. But what about the top.

As most of you know the Davinci has a small screen on the top and a slightly bigger one on the bottom of the oven...

Vaporito,

Adobewan

Damn cool tie SM! It's always cool to connect the face to the text/voice. Your openness does not go unnoticed!

And not to derail, Puffitup just put the original DaVinci on sale for $139. If you've ever just held the DV in your hand, you know that's an unbelievable price.
And as I stated in the DV thread, I hope the release of the Ascent doesn't create the impression the DV is a middle shelf vape.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I will add, as I did after adobewan posted, that it is a great vape to convert people at that price especially if it is the new design.

Dreamerr,

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
I hope the release of the Ascent doesn't create the impression the DV is a middle shelf vape.

Agree completely, and $139 is a great price! I'll have to admit, first use... 380 on the original DaVinci feels a little different than 380 on the Ascent. I don't want to freak anyone out... but it ran slightly cooler than I expected. BUT this was on the drive to work with a small trench, so I'll be able to comment more on that issue once I've got a chance to experience a fully loaded trench.

TheHerbalReview,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
It's solid feeling like the DV and the Solo.

silver420surfer...you will get your solo comparisons here. I will comment once I have hit it enough and found the sweet spot. The draw is not wide open, but very open...more than you need. So while the Solo is physically restricted, this one will be functionally restricted, which I prefer. So far, I like the feel better and it is easier to hit...now we gotta see if it fogs like the Solo.
Thanks SS!
Definitely a contender if it can fog like the Solo.

Silver420Surfer,

Edward Hyde

sorry for asking that (i am sure its been ansewred somewhere in the 125 pages) but i am right after my daily training and through my session and not really able to find it alone,is this vaporizer mostly convection or conduction?i mean like its closer to the xp or the pax?(saying that cause xp is mainly convection and pax conduction)

Edward Hyde,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
sorry for asking that (i am sure its been ansewred somewhere in the 125 pages) but i am right after my daily training and through my session and not really able to find it alone,is this vaporizer mostly convection or conduction?i mean like its closer to the xp or the pax?(saying that cause xp is mainly convection and pax conduction)

If only there was a page where all of the facts about the Ascent had been collected in one spot so that every body could reference--at will--the answers to factual questions.
:p :)

Vaporito

Agree completely, and $139 is a great price! I'll have to admit, first use... 380 on the original DaVinci feels a little different than 380 on the Ascent. I don't want to freak anyone out... but it ran slightly cooler than I expected. BUT this was on the drive to work with a small trench, so I'll be able to comment more on that issue once I've got a chance to experience a fully loaded trench.

That's how I felt with the original davinci and after a few uses I got to appreciate the experience... I bet it will be the same with the ascent. Needless to say I love the davinci.....

11eleven11

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW

, I've been talking to a bunch of people at DaVinci, and am close to doing some type of promo code such as "Herbal" that could add a free waterpipe attachment for FC members. Before anyone jumps the gun on it... nothing is finalized; but something I'll keep you all informed on!

If you could pull that off I am so sold! Do you mean like a Pinnacle Hydro Tube or is Da Vinci developing something on their own?

Still curious for additional info on this.

11eleven11,
Reactions: marvil701

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview

I guess I didn't catch that; worded it a little weird. 90% of my time is spent answering Tweets and Emails from people that have no experience vaping... so I apologize if I ever dumb things down here. Not a hydrotube, but a GONG attachment, whether it be the U-Curved one developed on FC or the straight version. I think if I had to choose I'd use the straight, considering I don't use oils except for when dabbing; and the straight adapter looks a little less fragile.

TheHerbalReview,
Reactions: 11eleven11

marvil701

Very excited to see the first pictures of the final product :)

This was answered somewhat a few pages ago. The conclusion was that the Pinnacle Hydrotube could be used with the Ascent and can be ordered from ebay.
But seeing Davinci cooparate with glass-makers to come up with a hydrotube for the Ascent specifically would be nice to see anyway, since it's just a lot more convenient to buy everything from the same vendor.

Here's another thought on future improvement of the Ascent:
* Add an external lead so we can connect it to external battery packs! I'm sure many people here are going to buy the Ascent instead of the Solo, because it fits in just about any pocket. But for some of us extra batteries would be a nice bonus (think of festivals etc). This is just about the only advantage I can think of that the MFLB still has over the Ascent.
* Or make the battery easily replacable

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Huh, ascent instead of solo ah NO. All vapes are slightly different and for different moods, situations and whatnot. I wouldn't give up any of my vapes and rotate two to three a day and the rest still get rotated in just not as often.

11eleven11

Oooooooh thanks guys. I read that too fast and was thinking of some actual tube. Attachment. Got it. Thanks dudes!

edit -- thanks for the detailed explanations, I have been paying attention to the thread and I know about the 2 attachments and etc. Just read the post wrong.

11eleven11,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW
, I've been talking to a bunch of people at DaVinci, and am close to doing some type of promo code such as "Herbal" that could add a free waterpipe attachment for FC members. Before anyone jumps the gun on it... nothing is finalized; but something I'll keep you all informed on!​

didn't DV say ALL FC pre-register's were getting a free one?? kinda confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom