Aromed 4.0

Egzoset

Banned
Just in case you missed it: anyone here (but you perhaps?) can read "discussion" in the title, what does your reply mean exactly? That no discussion is possible on this forum?

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

Thanks Luchiano, interesting :)

Im getting through a bit more herb with the AroMed at the moment, but im also getting much higher lol. One negative is its so nice to use you vape to much and get wasted :lol:

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

Just in case you missed it: anyone here (but you perhaps?) can read "discussion" in the title, what does your reply mean exactly? That no discussion is possible on this forum?

I DONT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, AND SEEING AS YOU'VE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES AND IT HASNT BEEN ANSWERED I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT AROMED IF YOU'RE THAT BOTHERED.

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
Finally!

Well, maybe someone else will be willing to discuss matters relative to the heater, someday.

I can wait.

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

Finally!

Well, maybe someone else will be willing to discuss matters relative to the heater, someday.

I can wait.

It has actually been discussed and it isn't an issue to me personally. I trust AroMed end of story, if you dont then dont buy it. Oh sorry you were never going to buy it anyway as you have your own unit on the market :rolleyes:

This product isn't over engineered and functions exactly as it should. Its not made to look good. Its made to do a job and to last. A good indicator is aiming to achieve medical standards in Europe and then across the world. Standards must be high for them to acheive that.

Anyways, good luck with your unit Egzoset :)

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
HazyDayz said:
Egzoset said:
HazyDayz said:
I DONT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS, AND SEEING AS YOU'VE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES AND IT HASNT BEEN ANSWERED I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT AROMED IF YOU'RE THAT BOTHERED.

Finally!

I can wait.

It has actually been discussed...

I differ of opinion on this point: my questions relative to the halogen bulb which i previously posted in the present thread have been systematically ignored and hence remain unanswered to this day...

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

Mod Note - Just had a look through this thread. Could you please tell me why I got a 3 day ban for calling someone stubburn and arogent after running the test he wanted, and the facts were starring him right in the face. But no discipline was shown when I get called numerous names like 'useless' and a 'sick puppy'?

Mod note: From the Rules that you agree to abide by- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.---

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

I differ of opinion on this point: my questions relative to the halogen bulb which i previously posted in the present thread have been systematically ignored and hence remain unanswered to this day...

Yeh, well they ran tests with the bulb obviously and results were fine at all temps. They would have used a different design otherwise. Contact Frank at AroMed he may be able to explain more.

HazyDayz,

luchiano

HazyDayz said:
Luchiano, out of interest mate, what temp do you vape at?

It depends on how I feel. Sometimes when I want to enjoy the taste and keep the lower temps oil from burning for pure health I start at 330f and work my way up to 410-420 or higher depending on how I want to feel and what I'm doing.

No matter what I will vape herb at approximately 396 to make sure most if not all the thc is out because I don't want any to oxidize to cbn because that is a waste to me and the whole point of vaporizing is to be healthy and efficient. When you vape at the right temperatures you need less herb because you are releasing as all the thc before it degrades due to a vaporizer having high heat and exposing the thc to oxygen.

I want to start vaping different essential oils and come up with my own blend and see how they mix different types of cannabis strains' flavor.

luchiano,

HazyDayz

It depends on how I feel. Sometimes when I want to enjoy the taste and keep the lower temps oil from burning for pure health I start at 330f and work my way up to 410-420 or higher depending on how I want to feel and what I'm doing.

I want to start vaping different essential oils and come up with my own blend and see how they mix different types of cannabis strains' flavor.

Sounds cool. I wont go above 195C (383F) and even that can be too much lol.

One thing i've gotta be careful with is the glass mouthpiece, knocked it a few times, scared im gonna break it lol

HazyDayz,

luchiano

Why don't you just use less herb than you are now and go to 396f and see how nice you get.

Remember you are still releasing thc at a lower temperature than 396 but not as much so a lot of people make up for the small amount of thc in vapor by adding more herb in their bowl or vape with strong strains which raises the amount of thc in the vapor when vaping at lower temperatures or they wait a while to finish a bowl like in the case of the iolite which acts a conduction vaporizer in a way and keeps heating the herb as it sits in the bowl due to the herb constantly absorbing the heat like a pizza that burns when it is in the oven too long even though the temperature isn't that high.

You can get more out of your herb by bumping Up the temperature and using around .25 grams but that size depends on quality and your tolerance.

luchiano,

Egzoset

Banned
HazyDayz, while you persist in struggling with administrative considerations i'll make another attempt to contribute to this thread relatively to what was written by its initiator:

High n Dry said:
...it uses a halogen light to vaporize the herb...

Based on such foundations i still hope to read about these aspects of halogen heating...

Is this what the AroMed v4.0 halogen lamp looks like exactly? If so, is there or is there not solid molybdenum in the air path? Eventually, clear information about the implications seems to be called for... Where there tests conducted on the Canadian territory regarding this product, by the way?

Additionally, why was it chosen to include in that air path the back of an halogen lamp plus its socket to begin with? Doesn't such a puzzling designer decision ruin the beauty of this halogen heating concept somewhat?

Consequently, is there not some confusion about temperature stability vs temperature reading accuracy? I have no doubt that the regulation loop garantees high stability but how is it possible to take measurements of the vaporization bowl while the lamp sits between it and the thermocouple??? StinkMeaner asked about this before and the feedback she managed to obtain was less than convincing, hence the urge to ask again IMHO!

I expressed the idea that the firmware was possibly extrapolating (read evaluating) bowl temperature via some transfer function defined during previous manufacturer calibration sessions, with hole sizes taken into account as a determining factor. Does this make any sense or should we search for another explanation for AroMed's claims relative to temperature, euh... lets say temperature "quality" if i may say so?

Another of my questions was about the nature of the power used to energize the halogen lamp: PWM vs Linear supply mode, power level, voltage level, wavelength, etc. My next question is about the lamp's life expectancy: how long before it needs replacement? Also, were tests conducted to establish which form of power was best in terms of lamp durability? Is the lamp selected for its energy conversion performance, etc? ...or is it rather simply chosen for practical/economic considerations (maintenance for example)?

HazyDayz, you've already stated in capital letters that you're NOT a suitable interlocutor in such matters, i have accepted that in writing already.

Nonetheless i'm re-trying once more, to the attention of other people - OBVIOUSLY - so that somebody else can choose to engage into an on-topic dialogue if desired.

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

Why don't you just use less herb than you are now and go to 396f and see how nice you get.

Remember you are still releasing thc at a lower temperature than 396 but not as much so a lot of people make up for the small amount of thc in vapor by adding more herb in their bowl or vape with strong strains which raises the amount of thc in the vapor when vaping at lower temperatures or they wait a while to finish a bowl like in the case of the iolite which acts a conduction vaporizer in a way and keeps heating the herb as it sits in the bowl due to the herb constantly absorbing the heat like a pizza that burns when it is in the oven too long even though the temperature isn't that high.

I might sometimes mate, but one of the main reasons for getting this was to get high at the lowest temps possible to avoid all the toxins and shit. My chest is a bit knackered but I enjoy getting high and its good for me. Im able to cut out 4 of my prescription drugs using cannabis, and feel much better as well. So as significant amounts of benzene appear in the vapor at 200C (392F) I wanna keep it at 195C max. This thing is still knocking me out at that temp anyway! lol. Plus I use the used herb for butter or oil so dont mind using a bit more as not wasting anything anyway mate.
Having the versatility is great though as i'll probably vape at 190C-195C most of the time, but if i've got a lot on i'll drop it to 160C-170C and finish it off at 195C later. :)

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

The simple answer to that is they tested the airpath at all temps and no off-gassing occured because the metal is minute! With that in mind and the ease of maintainance they went with it obviously. Thousands of users have used the unit for over 10 years now without problems. Plus the overhead element blows everything else out the water :)

HazyDayz,
Reactions: sweetherb

HazyDayz

Egzoset, i've just unscrewed the element and your argument is PMSL funny!!

ALL the metal is coated in glass and the pins go right into the connection and arnt showing, and the pins wont get hot and nowhere near the path :lol:

I can feel more pics coming on... :lol:

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
My goodness!

Well, i'll dare take a look at your photographs if you must insist.

Happy now?

Egzoset,

HazyDayz

bulb.jpg

:lol: Now if those pins worry you, you shouldnt really be vaping in the first place. :lol:

There's actually less metal than I thought. :lol: What you fail to realise Egzoset is it doesnt matter what I know or not when im standing behind a top notch product like this :)

I cant tell you any more as im not taking the housing apart, and I doubt AroMed are going to give you the circiut plans for the unit.

Back to the drawing board.

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

I wouldn't grind your herbs direct from the start, little pieces of herb and grind by hand wenn the taste
is getting less.

That way i found to preserve the taste for longer.

Missed that, thanks spiky :)

HazyDayz,

Egzoset

Banned
I wonder. You have no idea what metals are being used for the socket, right?

Never mind, as you mentioned that technology is getting old anyway...

Egzoset,

vapormonkey

Add a nice perc to it like the vape exhale cloud perd and now you're talking. I like the bulb heating concept.

vapormonkey,
Top Bottom