Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

THCMuscle

760a1a73.jpg

The more and more I use my RZ the more I love it. I recently caught myself being lazy about utilizing a fine grind, today when I needed some more pre-ground I absolutely pulverized it in my 2pc space case and WOW did it make a difference. I use to grind like this, I don't know why I drifted away from it. It gave a much larger hit, cooked quicker and more evenly, and when 1/2 full the stems have very little restriction in comparison to a fully loaded slightly tamped stem which gets VERY restricted.

Remember guys, GRIND YOUR HERB FINE!

THCMuscle,

Nycdeisel

Its so true, it is all in the grind and preparation of the material(loading matters too of course).
That sure is a pretty match, them together like that. Enjoy :)

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
Yup, 1/2 a stem tip does just fine. Good point THC. Also remember, one persons 'fine grind' may be anothers 'medium fine'. Too fine will definitely pack up quick and restrict airflow.
There are alot of variables to a 'perfect' log vape pull, depending on the log vape. Tweak the flow a little but only one tweak at a time so you can maybe figure out what made it better(or worser).
Wow! back down to just a few choices on the website. I'll get some more done and up tomorrow sometime. In the meantime, someone is missing out on two of the sweetest CRZs yet, F25 and especially F23 Black Locust. Most of my new ones are dainty little fucks.

Rick,

THCMuscle

Rick said:
Yup, 1/2 a stem tip does just fine. Good point THC. Also remember, one persons 'fine grind' may be anothers 'medium fine'. Too fine will definitely pack up quick and restrict airflow.
There are alot of variables to a 'perfect' log vape pull, depending on the log vape. Tweak the flow a little but only one tweak at a time so you can maybe figure out what made it better(or worser).
Wow! back down to just a few choices on the website. I'll get some more done and up tomorrow sometime. In the meantime, someone is missing out on two of the sweetest CRZs yet, F25 and especially F23 Black Locust. Most of my new ones are dainty little fucks.

I understand the logic behind not grinding too find, however in practice I've found I can't grind too fine. I simply grind as fine as I possibly can with my 2pc and it works great. If you really suck it up hard yeah you can plug it up but this is easily avoided. And yes particular matter does coat the stem past the screen, though I'm gong to try a fine screen installation. I will report back.

THCMuscle,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
After a few days of using the old one hitter while on a trip, it is fucking great to be back home with the zap. It will be making the trip with me next time.

THC, I have been running two screens in a stem and it has been working great. I haven't notice any restriction difference.

Magic9,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Love the look of the RZ THC. I love those wavy 's' shaper grain lines. I really matches with those curvy stems, also really lovely.

J.R.R.Tokin',

THCMuscle

Today I decided to cut and install a fine screen in one of my nylon stems as a test. Holy fucking shit that is a pain in the ass. It takes quite the steady hand and proper alignment to get a domed screen to orient correctly, and then when it comes to putting the lockring in... Lets just say I had it shoot across the room a few times, and I also lost one in a shag carpet.

Needless to say I got it installed and I really like it. I was experiencing a LOT of particulate matter passing through the stock coarse screen and wanted to eliminate that. I have an EXTREMELY fine screen in there right now, and it works great. I know from experience with these same screens in my solo stems frequentl ISO soaks (every 50 loads or so) are required to prevent it from clogging. However what you gain is a perfectly clean stem from the screen up! And it allows you to grind as fine as possible, which increases the performance of the vape IMHO.

I highly reccommend all you experienced zappers to try it at least with spare stem, I think you'll enjoy it.

THCMuscle,

Rick

Zapman
We prefer the screen mesh size that is standard in all Zap products. We have used the same mesh for over ten years. Your preference for finer mesh, THC, is cool for you. I can count any comments desiring a finer mesh screen on less than one hand in ten years. We just have not heard that. And, as you say, it is a tricky task with hand cut screens.
Anybody else out there experiencing a LOT of particulate matter through the stem? You could have had a screen not seated properly? Or you grind very fine?
Whatever, another idea that a Zappy Zapper likes. Thanks for sharing with us all THC.
I have had more than one person putting herb in the nylon handle, then try to pack that in somehow, then complain about grit and no performance. Those were fun.

More petite sweeties going up in the next couple hours. I still have to shoot them, etc but they are done. Glossy shiny little woodies.

Rick,

max

Out to lunch
Rick said:
have had more than one person putting herb in the nylon handle, then try to pack that in somehow, then complain about grit and no performance.
I know an on-line dealer who made the same mistake a few years ago, but that was with a PD, which has no screen. With a zap, I'd hate to admit to it. When you've got two screens, the herb obviously belongs between 'em. :lol:

More petite sweeties going up in the next couple hours. I still have to shoot them, etc but they are done. Glossy shiny little woodies.
I have a real love/hate relationship with your 'for sale gallery' Rick. I'm always curious, but when I like, I'm also tempted. That last Walnut you had up really had my trigger finger itching.

max,
max said:
I have a real love/hate relationship with your 'for sale gallery' Rick. I'm always curious, but when I like, I'm also tempted. That last Walnut you had up really had my trigger finger itching.

:lol:

I had the same exact reaction and then it literally sold while I was looking at it. There one moment, gone the next. It was literally a relief. Now I don't have to stress about it. Beautiful piece.

TheDudeNextDoor,

JESUSgotNAILED

Rick said:
I have had more than one person putting herb in the nylon handle, then try to pack that in somehow, then complain about grit and no performance. Those were fun.

Hilarious! Sounds like fun.

I have particulates coming through super fine grinds in my glass tooty but that is it. Not really bothersome, I mean it can coat the bottom 1/3 of the glass tooty over time but by the time it gets really gunked up, it's time to ISO/QWISO everything anyways.

I have to grind the goods very, very fine to get some to go through. When using my mini GONGS like I almost always use, usually it's just a slight amount on my tongue after sucking/loading a stem. Probably hardly any at all. Not troublesome.

THC where did you get the finer mesh screen from? Just curious.

JESUSgotNAILED,

THCMuscle

JESUSgotNAILED said:
Rick said:

Hilarious! Sounds like fun.

I have particulates coming through super fine grinds in my glass tooty but that is it. Not really bothersome, I mean it can coat the bottom 1/3 of the glass tooty over time but by the time it gets really gunked up, it's time to ISO/QWISO everything anyways.

I have to grind the goods very, very fine to get some to go through. When using my mini GONGS like I almost always use, usually it's just a slight amount on my tongue after sucking/loading a stem. Probably hardly any at all. Not troublesome.

THC where did you get the finer mesh screen from? Just curious.

I figure that dumping out a stem load and finger mashing it will yeild smaller particulates than any grinder can achieve, and thats something I often do to milk a hit or two more out of it. (works quite well)

I used one of the extreme screens from PUI. The fine one, obviously.

THCMuscle,

Rick

Zapman
Looks like I will be stocking up on Walnut. Kinda funny because my first venture into this last year cycle that has taken our product to a different level was to score Walnut wood for the old brass log vape. Walnut gunstock blanks, much of it trim from those blanks. Big shipping crates full of them, all cozy and dry inside a heated building. All several years old. Some of that is still around and I need to get my grubby paws on big piles of it. Nasty to work with too. Prices for the Walnuts are a little higher because I pay a premium on the wood and I have to mask up heavier when working it on the lathe.
That stuff really buffs up nice too. Not sure if anyone has noticed but the shine level on all CRZs coming out of the shop is about as good as it gets. The 3 buffing wheel mandrel for the old lathe is a priceless tool. Often grain patterns and colors will pop out right in front of my eyes on the final Carnuba wax buff. Yes, I munched a few Zaps learning to pay attention while applying lots of pressure to the spinning wheels but we are past that now. Some steps in making these things need very close attention. Sometimes I can wander.

Looks like we are settling into a pattern on the website. Now that I am doing more of the production, there will be less units up at any one time. Maybe 9-12 max, closer to 9. I will let those sell and get more up when most are gone. There will not be higher quantities shown(15-20+) as in the past because I do not have those amounts on hand as in the past. You can bet when the available Zaps get down to 3 or less, I will soon be taking the sold down and putting up new choices. I find I can keep the process much better organized this way. I am getting 'closer' to each Zap now since I am doing the turning.
Nice to hear about that trigger finger Max. We'll have to put a little more itch on it somehow.

edit:
The person who got the 2nd walnut last night has another walnut Zap. It is ten years old and made from Western Hemlock, a soft wood, with a Walnut stain. He says it has been getting hotter but works fine.
oldhemzap.jpg

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick, the picture of that AZ is a real blast from the past. Fun stuff! Good to hear it is still going strong.

I noticed a lot of new beauties on the website this morning. I was happy that the one that flipped my switch had been sold! I need another Zap like I need another hole in the head. :lol: Of course, need and want are two different animals. :brow:

I remember your first venture into walnut Rick. You said never again since it was such a "dirty" wood. Just shows you that you should never say never! Either that or you like it dirty! :lol:

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
elmomuzz and any others expecting a shipment tomorrow, that will not happen unless I have sent a shipping notice. I had intended to ship a few orders on Saturday but we had some unexpected company early in the day that changed our plans.
We will have a bunch of stuff going out tomorrow though for an expected Thursday arrival. Several Zaps and some small orders.

Rick,

azlogger

While admiring the Zaps for sale on the Aromazap site I have noticed that the photos of some Zaps show the wood species engraved into the exterior at the base. Do they all have that or is it a random feature? Just asking as I have been considering a Zap but prefer one without the engraving.

Thanks!

azlogger,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
azlogger, a little while back, Rick had another person doing the turning of the blocks of wood. He was doing the engraving, and if I am not mistaken, there are very few of those CRZs available still. While some feel it is an "autograph" of the turner (I'm one of them :) ), some prefer the wood plain. I'm sure there will be no problem finding one without the wood type signature.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
The species engraving is not happening anymore but we do have a few left working their way out of inventory. I can turn(lathe) off any engraving if any customer desires that as long as we have thickness to take a little wood off at the bottom.

Rick,

THCMuscle

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

I have found that with the super fine screen I no longer need to dump and mash my herb, I just grind super fine from the start and utilize 1/3-2/3 full stems. This gives me great airflow, super evenly cooked herb, no particulates past the screen whatsoever aside from honey and slightly fatter rips.

THCMuscle,

Rick

Zapman
I am interested in other opinions on this one. I look at the two shots and see one with more airflow, just through the screen. Maybe looks are deceiving? I'll say this. If finer screen works better, I will do it. I will need more chiming in though. It does appear the finer screen would plug quicker and need cleaning more often? Do the other log vapes use a very fine screen?
THC, thanks again. Nice images.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
So far.. I am thinking the screen should stay the same for reasons of...
1-pin, and poker resitance... (thin is more clothlike fiber)
2-airflow... the fine screen does get oil blockage fast, which is why it is not chosen for the vaporizer standard...
HOWEVER.. THCMuscle is a bright, young, talented dude..... so- I am making a stem like his now also and will get on the "test train" as well!

Vitolo,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I've removed the circlip arrangement and screen from my PD stems and replaced them with some finer screen. I cut the screen to a size much larger than the originals, and jammed it into the steel tip to form a thimble shape, then took it out and pushed it down from the mouth end with a skewer. It stays firmly in place by itself. The bowl size can be adjusted easily, and like THCMuscle, I found that about a third smaller than normal seems to work better. The screen doesn't clog and the airflow is great. It's also very easy to remove, clean, and replace the screen.

hazy,
Top Bottom