Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Wowzerz :D

Thank you so so much. That is really amazing. So now I get to practice on the recently acquired MZ for the main event a new CRZ :)

And congrats Snugglebandit. That has to be rated as the luckiest 1st post in FC history!

Wow, a special thanks to Rick, this is amazing!!! I'll definitely not forget this ever! Gonna support ya in the future without a doubt!

And ya that was pretty dang lucky, and amazing! Congrats to you too!

momofthegoons said:
No shit! :lol: Might be a good night to go out and buy a lottery ticket too...

Noted, on my way to the store right now :lol:

Snugglebandit,

Rick

Zapman
The fastest two pages in FC history.....maybe?
Sorry for the confusion all. I'm 65 so I get a pass.
So happy for both the winners!
That was some quick fun.
Quickies are good. Did I say that??????

Rick,
Forget being 65, Rick. We are all here BECAUSE of YOU. That right there doesn't only give you a pass. It gives you the respect and admiration of all of us.

Congrats Snuggle and JRR, lucky bastards!

TheDudeNextDoor,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Snugglebandit said:
TheDudeNextDoor said:
Stu said:
Congrats Snugglebandit and J.R.R.!

That's who I thought won also, which would be pretty sweet since Snugglebandit doesn't have a crz and is researching to buy one.

Speaking of that, I do feel kind of bad for entering the contest seeing as i haven't been a member here until now...so for that I am sorry to all the lasting members! But I promise that I have been a long time lurker if that means anything. I'm not entirely sure I won though...it seems like Rick changed what the contest was, or we all just misunderstood his first post, cause it seems there is a bit of confusion on all of our parts.

In any case, can anyone answer those questions that I posted on the last post? I really am curious as to what you guys think is better.

Don't feel bad, just be sure to stick around from now on. :cool: Welcome to FC, this place gets way more exciting once you stop lurking.

Congrats on the CRZ, post some pictures one you get it if you have a camera available.

aesthyrian,

cluffy

Vaker
Wow, just got home from a few drinks out and saw all the hubbub. So much awesomeness, congrats to Snugglebandit for being in the right place at the rightest time!! JRR, it never rains but it pours, good on ya!!!

A Zap stem with 'sugar' on top all around!! :ko:

cluffy,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks for the gratz Cluffy and DnD.

Can someone answer my question from the previous page about power supplies. It may seem stupid and obvious but I don't want to take any chances.

"The power supply I got with the Zap is US 110v, so won't work here. I have a 12v 1a variable power supply at home (220v) with changable heads (so sure I'll find one to fit the Zap jack). Is this good enough and if it is; for the long-term should I just get a fixed 12v 1a power supply or doesn't it matter?"

J.R.R.Tokin',

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
I have a 12v 1a variable power supply at home
It's good enough. If 12V is its highest voltage, then you'll probably want it turned up to max, so you might not get much use out of its variable capabilities. Try it and see how you like it.

hazy,

THCMuscle

I happened to stumble upon a 12vDC 750mah power supply with the correct plug for a Zap, lucky for me it's 12ft long! I must say having a zap on a longer cord is very nice. Makes for easy sitting outside while vaping.

THCMuscle,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thank you hazy - yeah 12v is it's max. I don't care about the variable aspect I just wanted to make sure that when I got home in the morning after work (7am finish) that I'd be able to plug her in and have a good ol' bonding session as shops don't open till 10am.

J.R.R.Tokin',

JESUSgotNAILED

Any idea what is best to clean the screen of the Zap itself? The SS mesh screen.

I figured a dab of ISO on a Qtip would work but don't want to have a lingering alcohol taste/smell, nor do I want to drop any liquid inside the screen. What do you guys think?

JESUSgotNAILED,

JESUSgotNAILED

Well stuff got on it. I can see maybe 2 or 1 of the holes plugged up, talking about those tiny holes in the screen. Either way, isn't there a method for cleaning it?

JESUSgotNAILED,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Get a small egg cup. Fill to just above the line on the stem tip with ISO, level with where the screen is. Let sit for an hour then run through with hot water and dry thoroughly. Should do the trick.

J.R.R.Tokin',

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^^
NO, NO, NO!!!
Jesus is talking about the heatport screen, not the stem tip!

I had the same thing happen to my heatport screen after using kief on the stem tip. If you have a solder brush (the kind they supply with the LB), you can just brush it out. They sell them at Home Depot in a larger size for around 89 cents.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Jesus, tip her over and give her a little spanking, like we used to hear about those PDs. Or, a quick squirt of air from a can of computer air will blow it out. You will not dislodge that screen so you can pick at it gently if you want. The screen is sandwiched in between two pieces of SS that are welded together.
JRR, your 12 volt DC should be just right. A 5.5 X 2.1 mm plug on the end is what you want.
It was fun last night and I am glad a brand new FC member won and someone across the big pond also won. As you all know, I do not generally do contests. This one hit when I was the first post on page 299. Then the drama continued when I posted and thought we were still on page 299. Didn't last for long though once I saw a few comments. Plus I had hit the Gin a little heavy. We will ship those winners Zaps out early next week.

mom is right.....soak ONLY the stems, not the Zap to clean screens.

12 volt, 750ma output would be the absolute minimum required to run a Zap. I like to see the amps at 1000ma(1 amp) or more.

Rick,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Just a quickie.

The power supply I had worked a treat. I let the MZ heat up for about 45 mins before I got too impatient and had to try her. I'd read enough of the thread so far (now on p.140) to know what to expect. I got clouds first pull and same through the bong :ko:

So I just want to say that I get it - I mean I get log vapes and why people are so in to them. This one has already been adopted (more like kidnapped!) by my gf. We both agreed this one is going in the bedroom on the bedside table.

Verry Zappy Man :D

J.R.R.Tokin',

Rick

Zapman
Vito always has good simple advice that works well. A vacuum of any kind will be super to clean that top screen.
I also wanted to comment on what you shared with us Vito a few pages back. Losing anybody to disease is bad enough but a child taken is especially hard on all of us. My gratitude to you for caring as you do. That job has painful repercussions as you shared. It takes real balls to give in that situation because the outcome is often as you shared and many of us would avoid it to protect ourselves from future pain. Our sincere thanks to you for all you do in the Arizona MMJ community.

So...........You think I am happy? This has been consistent today. I think someone is playing with my big bird in the sky. This kicks ass.

Blue Angels Test Results

Loaded 4,390,787 bytes in 4.21 seconds from Go Daddy server.
Your Results: 8344 Kb
Comcast: 3306 Kb
Charter: 3475 Kb
Avg. Results: 3617 Kb
Cox: 4108 Kb
Sbcglobal: 5348 Kb

Rick,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I wouldn't mind if you hit that gin a little more often Rick, good things seem to come of it :lol:

Congrats to the newbie and J.R.(R.), such a nice surprise on a random Thursday night!

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks OTA you can say that again. I've had a big grin on my face all day - but the extensive testing of my newly acquired MZ may have a little to do with it too ;)

J.R.R.Tokin',

THCMuscle

I occasionally get a piece of herb stuck in the RZ heat port screen, usually a swift blow/breath dislodges it, or I'll carefully use a toothpick or needle. I don't really worry about it aside from I use the stealthy aspect of these Zaps every day. Many people who I don't want to know I vape see my RZ day in and day out, so I don't want and herb lingering around in it.

I also must report that the other day I fired up all 3 of my RZs and after cooling none of them rattle anymore! Goes to show just how tiny the slop can be.

THCMuscle,

Nycdeisel

I have a shopvac that I would use in that case. Vito always has those good suggestions and I thank him otherwise i wouldnt have the shopvac i have for this :)

Computer duster, on the other hand, you should be careful with. I believe a lot of them contain chemicals like bittering agents that are supposed to deter people from inhaling them purposefully. I dont know what type you are supposed to get, maybe it is compressed air? I know someone has come along in the past and discussed this more in depth. just thought i would add that.

Nycdeisel,

JESUSgotNAILED

momofthegoons said:
I had the same thing happen to my heatport screen after using kief on the stem tip. If you have a solder brush (the kind they supply with the LB), you can just brush it out. They sell them at Home Depot in a larger size for around 89 cents.

Thank you. I didn't know why I didn't think of a brush before... I have a few laying around for various purposes. Thanks again guys

I'll use a vacuum/suction on it every now and then just to make sure no plant material is building up inside there, but otherwise a brush seemed to remove what I was talking about. :)

JESUSgotNAILED,
Top Bottom