Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's not much I like more than waking up to one of NYC's or Vito's vids. Another nice one NYC! ;)

And, as usual, it's got me running to my CRZ for a wake and bake. :lol:

Love that tube! You may get me into glass yet NYC!

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSC01260.jpg

I was enchanted at first with the finer screen.... I even thought it less prone to damage, as a needle point did not fit in the holes as easily.. (but they are more easily punctured)
After a steady test of 24 hours, I vote to leave the original screens.
They go longer without the "big cleanup".... an Iso soaking.
The hits remain consistently even with the original screens, but the finer screen very gradually does get more restricted. :2c:

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you Vito. I've always leaned towards the original screens myself.

It's a hard job doing all this testing, but someone's got to do it! ;)

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
cycleb said:
Nycdeisel said:
I almost forgot to share this here, a little late but as they say better late then never :p

its a reverse circ mini tube, by someone they call Dirty Rico.
its very well made, and is perfect for this purpose.

click this image to see it in use making clouds with ambrosia maple zap
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/th_MOV04947.jpg

here is a picture of the circ, clean slits, nice
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC04943.jpg

Enjoy zappeople
Great, esp. w/ the King Crimson to take it up a notch! ;-{)

Great video as always. If you're liking early King Crimson check out Mcdonald and Giles - original members of Crimson; a brilliant side project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwZ36EH6L4&feature=related

this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbxIbBvQYY&feature=related

jeffp,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Loving the music guys but this discussion belongs in the Vapor Lounge - Music to Vape to Thread.

So, to bring us back on track. I've had my MZ I got from the classifieds for about a week now and I love it. It's taken up residence on my bedside table. I read before sleep in bed, so this is the last vape of the night. I've been using it's aroma cup with Eucalyptus and Lemongrass essential oils to aid breathing while I sleep. It's also great for a quick hit (or seven) if my sleeping isn't going so well.

Also, the temp is perfect for me :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

cycleb

jeffp said:
cycleb said:
Nycdeisel said:
I almost forgot to share this here, a little late but as they say better late then never :p

its a reverse circ mini tube, by someone they call Dirty Rico.
its very well made, and is perfect for this purpose.

click this image to see it in use making clouds with ambrosia maple zap
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/th_MOV04947.jpg

here is a picture of the circ, clean slits, nice
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC04943.jpg

Enjoy zappeople
Great, esp. w/ the King Crimson to take it up a notch! ;-{)

Great video as always. If you're liking early King Crimson check out Mcdonald and Giles - original members of Crimson; a brilliant side project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwZ36EH6L4&feature=related

this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbxIbBvQYY&feature=related
Thanks!

cycleb,

Rick

Zapman
Been making chips this afternoon. I'm working on the website now. A little buffing and shooting, then a few more Zaps up today. I'll be doing this today and tomorrow AM.

Thanks for the screen opinions Vitolo and mom. Keep sending the feedback, whoever has any. The standard screens will not clog as quickly. Everybody seems to agree on that issue?
J.R.R., glad to hear the old MZ is right in your vapor zone. Thanks for your patience. It will be well rewarded.

Rick,

Nycdeisel

momofthegoons said:
There's not much I like more than waking up to one of NYC's or Vito's vids. Another nice one NYC! ;)

And, as usual, it's got me running to my CRZ for a wake and bake. :lol:

Love that tube! You may get me into glass yet NYC!

Thnk you Mom.

I love this tube too! shape, size, diffusion, just great all around.

and I may yet get you into glass, sounds good to me! :cool: :brow: :lol:

getting new glass just feels great! similar to how you probably feel getting a new zap. ;)

Thanks cycleb and jeff for the song links, i am digging it! But JRR is right, music conversation does belong elsewhere.

haha i feel like the song got a little more attention then the video content! But whatever floats your boat I guess. glad the music choice for the video was enjoyed by you guys anyway :wave:

I havent tried any other screen setups but I like the amount of use I can get out of the standard stem screen before a full cleaning, as Vito pointed out. Thanks Vito for doing the testing, im sure that was enjoyable. :p

i have a couple pictures of this new glass piece next to my maple zap, mom will probably like these pictures :)
DSC04945.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

:wave:

edit: so. many. smilies.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mom, you will love glass. It's the full realization of what vaporization can be in my opinion.
Here's my black locust, received today, warming up now. I love the tidiness of the unit.

cz2.jpg

cz1.jpg

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Ah Jeff I had no idea you had a Zap on the way! The Black Locust is HOT! You will love it!
go have a nice time with that hot beauty ;)

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome aboard jeffp! :D That is a nice little Zap you got there. And you and NYC both gave me something really nice to look at this morning with my coffee!

I've really been enjoying the little bong I got with my CRZ. Who knows? I might be ready to upgrade soon, especially after watching your vids NYC. Never say never!

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Ah Jeff I had no idea you had a Zap on the way! The Black Locust is HOT! You will love it!
go have a nice time with that hot beauty ;)

Hot is very accurate, both literally and figuratively. What an awesome vaporizer this is.
Enjoyed myself immensely last night with it. One stem with the SSFG straight tube and another without and was quite impressed.
Best to hold it around the top - the unit feels very warm otherwise. Amazing heat dispersion and very consistent. Slightly darker ABV as well.
I like the new stem circumference as well. If I may be so bold I would say that the CRZ is a re-conceptualization of the log vape and the result is that it's now supercharged.

jeffp,

Rick

Zapman
jeffp, thanks for the mini review that packed alot of punch. Some folks mistakenly think that because we do not advertise as a heavy hitter, the CRZ runs cool. That is not the case. We use the same ceramic coated power resistor all the logs use. The same one used by the Eterra and most log vapes to come along since.
The difference with our design is we have kept the high mass(weight) of SS in the center core as all the old log designs did. The purpose of that mass of steel is to steady the temperature of heated air produced and slightly restrict the airflow. We are very happy with the results.
Jeff says it all with "supercharged". I say supercharged but not too hot, just right. The heat transferred through the wood is very nice for rubbing too. Neck, hands and whatever else might do good with a nice warm piece of wood that is smooth and silky to the touch.

Did you notice an extra shine jeffp?

Rick,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mom, NYCDeisel pointed me to the 12" straight tube from Soul Shine Family Glass and let's just say it's a significant upgrade from the homemade bongs we used to make out of plastic golf ball packaging tubes.
$60 plus $10 shipping - very well worth it.
Don't have the mini stems quite yet for the bong purpose but the standard new stem is fine.
Yes, Rick, supercharged. The first thought that struck me upon exhaling is "heavy like Silver Surfer."
When you say "extra shine" well I was in fact pretty damn illuminated. Seriously the unit arrived amply buttered and has a nice sheen.
As good as the CRZ is, it doesn't take anything away from my old school cherry MZ - they are both superb units.
Glad you piqued my interest into purchasing when you mentioned that "someone is missing out" on the black locust unit.
The new stem design doesn't fit in the old "plain jane" tooty and if you ever restock them I feel that with a mini stem they should not be missed.
The plain jane tooty is an overlooked classic.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Glad you enjoyed the photos once again Mom :wave:

was it I that piqued your interest? I surely remember us chatting about the CRZ a bit.... could be mistaken.

Hot indeed, my black locust was a very hot one!
Nice 'mini review' Jeff, I liked reading it as you described it very well. and so did rick in saying it is supercharged, but not too hot, and of course never on the borderline of combustion if you stick to the regular transformer.
I believe it to be a fairly heavy hitter but i hesitate to call it a heavy hitter like other vapes that can approach combustion temperatures can do (at the sake of efficiency and taste in my experience). the CRZ provides a smooth hit and a great taste every time for me.

Nice to see your SSFG straight tube has been sticking it out! they do make simple quality pieces for affordable prices.

oh one more thing i almost forgot to mention- Jeff, the mini GonG stems work nice, especially if you do vapor bong a lot i believe its worth it. it makes the zap more stable on the joint and i do notice a small taste difference, just a slightly stronger taste since the mini stem is a lot shorter then the standard stock stem. Not necessary by any means though, however a nice addition ;)
Enjoy your Rockzap!

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I enjoyed both vapor bonging and straight vaping with the new unit - alot. NYC, I'm getting the GonG stems - they will come later when they're available.
I always preferred the mini stems with the bong both ergonomically and there is a discernible subtle taste difference as well.

Unrelated and off topic question but maybe not completely off topic: Regarding bongs, what I have is excellent and inexpensive. Out of curiosity, what would a person actually experience with a more expensive, higher end bong of the same type design? Why are some bongs 60 and others a few hundred dollars, aside from art embellishments?

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

It could be the same type design, but there are really no pieces that exactly alike being sold in that way. just a small tweak in the placement of one area of glass can make a huge difference regarding function and flow. Other things to look at are the angle of the joint, the length of downstem, how high from the floor of the piece is the downstem located. but in a straight tube like what you have it really can not get any more simple, so i would recommend you look into other water with a different kind of diffusion, if you wanted to get another piece and spend more on it.

The flow of any single glass water piece makes a difference in the vapor. Because as we all know by now. they way you pull on a vaporizer is much different then the way you would do so on a smoking apparatus, thus the way the ergonomics of the diffusion and the way that it flows through the piece when you pull air through the water, this can really change the way the vapor comes out. For example, my inline bubbler has been the best and easiest to use with the zap, it provides just enough diffusion IMO and just the perfect flow to accommodate it. it also makes for a quite compact setup, though it cant support the zap like that mini tube i just posted can do. but thats not a big deal really either way.

ok ok,,, to the email, delving too deep into offtopic waters right now haha :cheers:

Nycdeisel,
Nycdeisel said:
It could be the same type design, but there are really no pieces that exactly alike being sold in that way. just a small tweak in the placement of one area of glass can make a huge difference regarding function and flow. Other things to look at are the angle of the joint, the length of downstem, how high from the floor of the piece is the downstem located. but in a straight tube like what you have it really can not get any more simple, so i would recommend you look into other water with a different kind of diffusion, if you wanted to get another piece and spend more on it.

The flow of any single glass water piece makes a difference in the vapor. Because as we all know by now. they way you pull on a vaporizer is much different then the way you would do so on a smoking apparatus, thus the way the ergonomics of the diffusion and the way that it flows through the piece when you pull air through the water, this can really change the way the vapor comes out. For example, my inline bubbler has been the best and easiest to use with the zap, it provides just enough diffusion IMO and just the perfect flow to accommodate it. it also makes for a quite compact setup, though it cant support the zap like that mini tube i just posted can do. but thats not a big deal really either way.

ok ok,,, to the email, delving too deep into offtopic waters right now haha :cheers:

This is exactly why I am struggling so much with my first piece of glass. I had one picked out, and then it sold out, and I am tired of waiting. So now I am on the hunt. Would love it if you had time to look at my thread on the glass forum, NYC.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

Caseball I always suggest american made glass , Ehle would pretty much be the big exception to that, as they are quality glass and not too pricey. Only inconvenience is that it would need to be shipped overseas.

Dude: I just posted in it :)

Nycdeisel,

caseball2051

yeah whenever you can get something american made its much better to do so. In my area glass is overpriced severely. like hundreds over the internet price.

I had my EHLE shipped to me from (germany?) europe and it came in less than 10 business days. Its served me well.

Ive been so satisfied with my glass that I havent shopped for any in years. Im sure there are better sites out there now for glass.

caseball2051,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:

Awesome information Nycdeisel. Everything involved introduces different nuances, yes. Vaping through a tooty and vaping from a dry bong are very different experiences because of this.
Down the line I may ask for your guidance on the next piece. That straight tube I have is off course still alive and well. If something happened to it, I would replace it immediately with the same.
Thankfully it hasn't yet dropped and it mostly hangs where there's an area rug if it did. :)
Back on topic, log vapes and bongs were made for each other...

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I couldnt agree more, log vapes and bongs were made for each other
look at these two
DSC04963.jpg

i think they like it ;)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom