Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

I missed the "packing the stem very lightly"

Shiaten, you do not want to pack it at all. Load is loose. Theres is a screen in the zaps so you can tilt the zap to put in in the first time but nothing will fall inside the heat port.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nobody asked, Shiaten.....
Are you leaving the Zap plugged in 24/7?
It wont get warm enough by just plugging it in and "zapping". Leave it plugged in all of the time.

Vitolo,

return2heaven

i would also like to add that every once in a blue moon when I'm out of high quality meds, i do have a stash of less desirable stock that i vape out of my MZ and it is just fine :)

return2heaven,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was just doing Zap hits from a row of Zaps......
I laughed to myself at how fast time has flown!
We have CRZs now... RockZaps that don't take any monkey business... and always get the job done.
Looking through my stuff... I found this old quicky of a bong hit with an old school zap....
touch the picture- and enjoy!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
....I have Vito to thank for the animated eyes, his GIF's are legend!!
Gosh, thanks, cluffy! I am honored that you like it!
type.gif

Vitolo,

JESUSgotNAILED

Rick said:
Some bad news and some good news.
Bad news is the snow has not stopped. We are in the middle of a Pacific Northwest big one. Plowing twice a day to stay open to the world.
The good news is some smaller brass stem orders left today. Many more should go out tomorrow as I have been holding any order that takes a SS stem tip screen, waiting for the new screens to arrive. Just checked and they are due tonight so I can get them in all the SS stems going out from now on. They will be a perfect fit for a a more bullet proof install and easier replacement of the screen.
The timing of the snowstorm and delays last week mean better screens in SS stems from now on. I have also been holding up sending screens out, waiting for the new ones to get here.
Zap orders or replacement Zaps will not ship til tomorrow at the earliest.
Thanks for the patience.

Thanks and sounds good, new screens would be nice if that's me included in the to-send list. Good luck with the snow!!!

Cool videos Vito!

JESUSgotNAILED,

placetime

I have finally hopped on the train to Zapville! Thanks Rick! I haven't had it very long, but so far I'm very impressed. This beautiful redwood CRZ is slightly unusual in that it has a new smaller-than-normal-size heatport that Rick is trying out in some of the smaller and softer CRZs. I've never used any other CRZ (or MZ/AZ) to compare it to, but the smaller heatport works great, imho. :D
redwoodCRZ01.jpg

Although I have enjoyed my other log vapes (and they still work great), I have always had to keep a koozie thingie on them to get them to produce enough heat--not too big of a deal, but did get in the way of enjoying the beautiful wood. This CRZ does not need a koozie to be hot enough. :brow:

It's almost too warm to hold in the middle part (great for cold hands), but the wider bottom bit is not hot at all, so there's plenty of room for holding it if the middle ever feels too warm to touch.

Given how small and hot it is, it's perfect for glass. But, I've also quickly grown fond of the Tooty. Honestly, I was a little skeptical of the shape of the Tooty at first, but just had to try one--and I'm glad I did! The Tooty is not as smooth as using water filtration, but it's much cooler/smoother than using the regular nylon stems. :cool:

placetime,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well.... good morning all! Nice video to wake up to, and a real pretty redwood. :D

cluffy said:
Thanks for the B-day wishes, I made it 1/2 way to 90!!!!!

To which I respond; puppy! :lol:

Shiaten, if none of the suggestions above work for you, shoot Rick an email.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
placetime said:
This beautiful redwood CRZ is slightly unusual in that it has a new smaller-than-normal-size heatport that Rick is trying out in some of the smaller and softer CRZs.
Old dog, new tricks? Absolutely. :tup:

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I believe he might have meant smaller Heater Core. I do not think there is a visual difference in the actual port itself.
(Rick will correct me if I am off on this!)

Vitolo,

Shiaten

Alrighty,
Apparently I need a few clarifications here. First of all, I am leaving the unit plugged in 24/7. I plugged it in about three weeks ago, and I've had the same problem the entire three week period that it has been plugged in.

Secondly, when I say "pack" its pretty much interchangeable with "load", as in, I just mean that I put material into the stem, there wasn't necessarily any force exerted on the material to enhance compression. I loaded stems in two ways, the first by sucking softly through the mouthpiece, so that the herbs would be pulled into the stem, and secondly by taking small pieces of material and dropping them from about a half an inch above the stem, into the stem, until I could observe a semi visible portion of herb nearing the top of the stem. I utilized the second method to achieve a lighter stem full than I could attain using the sucking method.

Shiaten,

Rick

Zapman
Vito is right on. The only thing different with the smaller heatports is a slightly shorter outer sleeve. The center core is exactly the same. The assembly is shorter with the same innards. We are trying some with the smaller Redwood units and on very low density woods. Cannot tell any difference from the top view.
Well, we got most of it done. All the orders from this last weekend have shipped except THCMuscles Cedar which developed a small crack in the heating/cooling process. We will keep an eye on it and swap it out with another if it turns into anything serious. They could be there Saturday if the mail is on time but that is doubtful with all the snow we are getting here in the Pacific northwest.
Our road is still 4 wheel drive only. It was good for cars, etc yesterday for a few hours but not today. Our grandson, just 12, and #2 snow plower, had to go back to school today. He uses the 4 wheeler with a plow and our son uses the tractor with a plow.
Anybody out there with SS tipped stems and/or Tooty who needs some screens, let me know via Email. As mentioned earlier, we have screens in stock now that are the perfect fir for our SS tips. Same for the brass tips. I'll get over today to the screen kit product to add the option of SS or brass tips......or both for the proper size screen.
Those who have not yet shipped, including chib and cluffy replacements, will ship tomorrow or Saturday for an expected Monday/Tuesday arrival(not chib as he is in Canada).
We do not like the late orders but there is not much we can do about Mother when she dumps her beautiful winter, all at once, in our laps.
I'll get some more sweeties up soon. Everything around here seems to be in winter slow motion.
edit:
Shiaten, shoot us an Email. Are you sure your transformer is good? Do you have a car adapter?

Rick,
placetime said:
Although I have enjoyed my other log vapes (and they still work great), I have always had to keep a koozie thingie on them to get them to produce enough heat--not too big of a deal, but did get in the way of enjoying the beautiful wood. This CRZ does not need a koozie to be hot enough. :brow:

It's almost too warm to hold in the middle part (great for cold hands), but the wider bottom bit is not hot at all, so there's plenty of room for holding it if the middle ever feels too warm to touch.

Given how small and hot it is, it's perfect for glass. But, I've also quickly grown fond of the Tooty. Honestly, I was a little skeptical of the shape of the Tooty at first, but just had to try one--and I'm glad I did! The Tooty is not as smooth as using water filtration, but it's much cooler/smoother than using the regular nylon stems. :cool:

I'm curious if this is typical for the heat that comes from the zap or rather higher than typical. I realize they will all vary some by wood type and body style, but my maple burl zap is not even close to producing that kind of ambient heat. Mine is more marginally warm on the grip with a bit of a warmer spot near the top. I can place my hand over the port and not feel much radiating heat at all. At times, it's caused me to wonder if mine is not heating up enough, but then I don't have a good idea of how warm it is SUPPOSED to be.

The very first night I had the zap, it was phenomenal. I was getting 2-3 milky, 2-3 good, and 1-2 decent out of each stem. I have since not been able to recreate that. The very next night, I used the same herbs from the same grind using the same method (or I felt like I was at least), and I could barely even get whispy draws. I've never been able to get the same performance I had that first night. I am getting effects, but it feels at times like my zap is not heating up enough (which leads me back to paragraph one).

I've tried sucking it slowly into the stem and then gently tapping the side until I get a level stem. I've tried dropping the herb into the stem until it's level. Last time I tried tamping it a little bit, which actually gave me the better performance that I had over the previous several tried, but it was still pretty thin in terms of visible vapor. I've tried drawing faster, drawing slower, doing the puff-puff-puff thing (can't remember the term). I'm going to try again this evening. What's killing me is that I know what it CAN do, but I cannot figure out why I cannot get it to do it again.

TheDudeNextDoor,
I think I just figured out how to fix my problem! All I have to do is post here and/or email Rick asking for advice. I swear, less than an hour after doing both, I load a stem and get 2 nice milky hits and 2 good ones. Next stem, same thing. That tells me it's a user problem, right? Although I have ground this same herb and did not get this result before, I must be having some issues with herb and load, right? I think I am finding the right grind. For load, I am drawing lightly on the tooty to load the stem end and then tapping lightly to dislodge the bit that hangs over the side. Does that sound about right?

I still would like to hear how much ambient heat your zaps produce.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

Sounds about right dude. You should still keep experimenting with grind and load though if you feel you could be doing it better. Change one thing at a time and keep testing. You will master it in no time ;)

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
^^ A little imput on heat and temps from my end. Both my CRZs are plugged into surge protectors (both SPs are the same), both are similar in shape and size (maple is slightly fatter in the middle), both are on 12v DC, and run 24/7.

The black locust (BL) temp varies. I keep irregular hours, so I feel it at all hours. It runs hotter to the touch in late night/early morning hours. I assume this is due to the grid fluctuating. I remember Rick did some testing quite a few pages back that supports that. The ambrosia maple (AM) seems to vary slightly. I haven't had as much time with it to say for sure.

The BL is always warm to the touch. Best analogy I have at the moment, is one of those hot ass disposable coffee cups from the gas station (maybe Starbucks?). Pretty comfortable to hold, but you can feel the heat. Overnight though, sometimes it's like a hot ass regular coffee cup (bearable, but hot enough you use the handle). The heat does dissipate if you hold it for a few seconds. There have been less than a handful of times when I just HAD to set it down. Up to now, the AM has not felt warmer than the BL at it's cooler "felt" temp. The warmest parts of both are the middle and the top. The bottom third of both is always the least warm and is pretty cool to the touch.

Many "X" factors as far as "felt" temp though. Ambient air temp (mine's pretty constant 74*), hand sensitivity (mine are not sensitive), hand temp, and probably some other shit too. So I'm sure it varies across the board. You can try touching the heatport. I have (I was kind of curious lol), and that shit was hot. Like half a second at most before you pull away type of hot.

Your loading sounds fine. A 2pc SC with multiple turns has worked wonders as far as grinding. I wasn't grinding fine enough at first. I got better results with 6-7 turns instead of the 2-3 turns I started with.

Rick is sending that snow storm to me it looks like. It's 4* outside and the news is calling for 10.5 in. by Saturday morning. Much more enjoyable if I wasn't stuck with shitty green lol.

Magic9,
Thanks deez and magic. I had MUCH better success last night after several nights of minimal success, and although I still haven't gotten the intense draws I had that first night (I must have just had major noob luck?) I was definitely getting good results. Forgive me if I'm coming across as a bit of an idiot over these last couple posts. From a noob's perspective, it feels like I have done things right each time, yet I have had radically different experiences from night to night, so I was a little worried that maybe my zap was not as hot as it had been that first night. After last night, I realize that's not the case. I am slowly determining that while the zap is a beautifully simple design and so easy to utilize, it requires extreme finesse to assure good performance, much less peak performance. I think I am getting close to figuring out the grind I need, and I also think some of the herbs I have used might not be quite dry enough for the zap's liking.

Magic, thanks for the explanation of the differences in heat. It sounds like my maple burl is similar in ambient heat to your ambrosia maple. The heat port itself sounds just like yours, though. I can touch it for just a split second and then...zing!... I have definitely noticed the "grid factor" as well. In the early evenings, I have noticed my zap is very marginally warm to the touch whereas by 10-11:00, it is noticeably warmer to the touch.

Thanks for helping me out and being patient with the idiot noobie. I think the simplicity of the zap is a little misleading for people who are using it for the first time. It is easy to use but not so easy to master.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I think I can speak for all here, in saying anytime you (or anyone) have a question, feel free to ask.

Fine and dry. Dryer than you would want for smoking. That's how I run it now.

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
After I was in a coma... I became a REAL serious advocate for Vaporization, and MMJ in my state....
BUT before the state made it legal, I kept my "presence " limited to the virtual world of Second Life.
You can google the name Vitolo Rossini and you can read some of what I have done.
The art and science of capturing motion in the virtual world to show people in RL (real life) is called "Machinima"
Enjoy this Machinima "Zap hit"!

Touch to view Machinima

Vitolo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've made a lot of money in SL. I had a chain of stores where people payed real money for virtual goods, crazy if you think about it. SL poker was a lot of fun too.

& then the feds jumped in & I had to abort :(

I looked around for a bit, you looked like SL's Cesar Milan at first :lol:

It sound like you spend your time there a lot more useful then I did though, hats off to you Sir.

OhTheAgony,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Vito, you rock brother. Miles of integrity, tons of bravery, blizzards of hope and effort, ginormous positivity.
You, Sir, are an inspiration and I am thrilled to have even brushed by your soul.
Keep on the path. Breathe and be real.

Irie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks for helping me out and being patient with the idiot noobie. I think the simplicity of the zap is a little misleading for people who are using it for the first time. It is easy to use but not so easy to master.

Dude, if you look back far enough in this thread, you will find that most of us have had similar questions at one time or another. Never worry about asking too many questions. :D

momofthegoons,
momofthegoons said:

Dude, if you look back far enough in this thread, you will find that most of us have had similar questions at one time or another. Never worry about asking too many questions. :D

Thanks mom and magic. I feared my noobiness was coming across as...

Dude: "I don't know what I'm doing!" :uhoh:
Everyone else: "Yeah, no shit dude. Tell us something we don't know." :rolleyes:

The cool thing is that I feel like I have had a major breakthrough all of a sudden. I switched to a slightly drier herb, more out of necessity than anything, and the difference is amazing. I am suddenly getting consistently milky hits that are knocking me on my ass. With a little more time and practice, I think I can have this little beauty tuned in, and it will be a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I told Rick that if I were giving advice to a fellow new user of the CRZ, I would tell them to be patient and recognize that this little unit requires finesse to get her tuned in just right. And those are the ones that we usually end up loving the most.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Top Bottom