Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

goody8504

So I think we all know by now that Rick takes care of his customers but i wanted to throw in my :2c:

I placed an order earlier today but couldn't seem to find the discount code at the time. I wanted the discount but I didn't want somebody else purchasing the RZ I wanted. So I just went ahead and paid full price. I noticed later on when browsing through previous pages of this thread that the discount code is in Rick's signature. I emailed him asking if it was too late to use the code and he said he was willing to just give me an extra stem to make up for the difference. Apparently that's a better deal than the code anyway.

Rick was quick to respond to all of my emails. I emailed him three times before I had to be at work at 4 and he responded to each of them. Other companies I've dealt with have taken days to respond to my emails.

So hopefully everything goes smoothly and I don't have any problems with paypal (haven't used it in awhile). If everything goes well, I'll be able to do a review within a week or so. Meanwhile, I'll keep ridin the wave with my SSV

goody8504,

Gunky

Yes, Rick definitely goes the extra mile with customers and it is appreciated.

Gunky,

Rick

Zapman
goody, everything went through just fine on your order. Glad we could get the website to work right for you on your choice. That is a very nice piece you picked. Thank you for the customer service comments. I keep the laptop in the shop to check Email regularly. I also respond super fast to those "I want to buy but can't" Emails.
Good time to put out there if I have forgotten any commitments of any kind, please remind me. We have been getting caught up with lots of small stuff and trying to check off old notes to myself but might have missed something in the last month or so. It has been right at one month since the CRZ has been officially out. A few bumps here and there. A couple out on a limb units have cracked and need replacing. We will be watching those limbs closely as they all have the center of the 'log' through them. Wood will always crack from the middle(center) of the log. All of our wood except the Out on a Limb is sawed to eliminate cracking and is bone dry as are the limbs.
tree, your sweet one will leave today with a new bottom and the other goodies. We kept her here an extra day. I hope that is not why she needed a new bottom. I do get serious with these girls. She should be there Saturday.
New page started right after my last pic so I will cheat and throw one up again. These are slightly taller than many of the previous CRZs, maybe a half inch is all.
10-19group007.jpg

How about the first three Redheads? (Redwood)
10-19group008.jpg

Rick,

treecityrnd

Sorry for the new page, my fault :)

Thanks for the update Rick. And thanks for putting in the extra time & love. It only makes it that much more special to use.

Love them Redheads!

treecityrnd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
REDHEADS! God Bless Lucille Ball... Love ya Julianne Moore .. yep and even you Bozo, your Crowning glory.... RED
Thanks Rick!
Youv'e been saving those Redheads to drive us mad! :brow:
mom.... the Danish Modrn comment was most apropo. Good visual correlation, and had you described it.. That is what I may have pictured!

Zapville... Gotta love it!

Vitolo,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
:o That ginger on the left is extra gorgeous! If I could afford it I'd grab her in a heartbeat. Those are beautiful Rick, well done sir!

AgentofChaos,

mrfloopa

Vappy
:o I don't know how much longer I can keep watching this thread without crying because I want to crack open my empty wallet. I can't stand knowing somebody else will eventually own that beautiful red-head vape on the left. :( I have a strong affinity to that shape, for some reason, and that particular one is drop-dead gorgeous.

I am not yet a customer of Rick's, but I can attest that he is extremely helpful regardless. It isn't often a manufacturer has the amazing quality that he would go so far as to help somebody with a competitors product. (My particular case was about power adapters, and Rick was extremely generous and helpful in response, going further than I would have ever expected!) He definitely deserves all the business and praise he has received. I don't often have regrets about purchase choices I made, but some people and businesses are worth regretting not choosing them. I look forward to one day (soon, I hope) owning one of your new products, and just want to all those wondering about the service aspect of the log vapes-- this guy is great; easily # 1 in my experiences with other manufacturers, and (though technically an opinion), really revolutionizing what log vapes can do and be.

mrfloopa,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Rick said:
Nebera, you bet we will fix your old Zap. Email me for info and our address. Thanks for the first Oak RZ order. I'll throw in a complimentary prototype wood stem for being so quick on the Oak draw.

Recieved my oak RZ last friday. It looks unbelievable, the shape is great in the hand, and obviously it hits great too. Couldnt be happier. I was surprised to find that the stem bowl diameter to be larger than the PD stems. Ive been using the sleeves with Eds wooden stems alot, and it give pretty great clouds this way. Rick, any word on that oak prototype stem? I really prefer wooden stems, and Im quite excited to try one with that nicer large diameter. Also, what do i do with the finish? Do I need to butter it? Will it always stay shinny? Thanks Rick, Im really diggin this vape.

Nebera,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mrfloopa, that was a real nice post. I sure hope you can join the family soon!

Nebera, the finish is permanent and does not really need to be polished. However, a little polish sure wont hurt it. I still use the Zapolish around the top of the vape where it is hottest. It soaks in, so I feel it's a good thing to do.

momofthegoons,

hunterthompson

Hey all,
I was using my RZ last night and I noticed that the inside wall of the bowl part (the area where you put the stem in) is becoming very discolored. It's turning a dark blue. I'm not sure if this discoloration is a normal reaction to the heat and scraping from the stem or if it is something I should be concerned about. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

hunterthompson,

max

Out to lunch
hunterthompson said:
Hey all,
I was using my RZ last night and I noticed that the inside wall of the bowl part (the area where you put the stem in) is becoming very discolored. It's turning a dark blue. I'm not sure if this discoloration is a normal reaction to the heat and scraping from the stem or if it is something I should be concerned about. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Issues (or suspected ones) with individual units are always better addressed by asking the vape maker via email, especially when he's as prompt to respond as Rick is. zapman@aromazap.com

max,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's normal for SS to change color when heated isn't it? My exhausts do the same anyway, although those are subjected to slightly different temperatures.

OhTheAgony,

hunterthompson

max said:
hunterthompson said:
Hey all,
Thanks!
Issues (or suspected ones) with individual units are always better addressed by asking the vape maker via email, especially when he's as prompt to respond as Rick is. zapman@aromazap.com

Ok thanks. I just thought I'd ask people here first in case it was something completely normal so that I didn't bother Rick.

hunterthompson,

hunterthompson

Thought I'd try to upload some pics of my RZ

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Really loving it, it's been my daily driver since the day I got it!

hunterthompson,

karazi

I should really get in on one of those "Danish redheads," because I literally am one myself! Imagine that! Still working on getting the "modern" look right...what's modern nowadays?

karazi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Time to show off my All Maple SS lined Zap stem.
This stem, like the new RockZaps, is polished with that same high speed process, that used the walnut oil and wax to arrive at this sheen.
Note that this looks very much like marble, or Cornelian!
DSC00447.jpg

Nice work.. Fits the hand well, 1 piece solid Stainless Steel tube all the way through to the mouth.
DSC00449.jpg

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nothing like waking up to little eye candy! :D

hunterthompson, that's a real nice looking Zap. Real nice grain.

And Vito, good looking stem! I can see I'm going to have to get in touch with Rick myself. I need to "update" my CRZ's wardrobe. :lol:

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Please...
Be careful what wardrobe you buy for your Zap!
Mabel RockZap has an Ed's TNT Ebony, and a new Marbled Maple from AromaZaps SS stem collection.
Now I can't get her to sit still....
She keeps trying on her stems, and prissing up and down the hall!

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
We will try again. I had another big old Ricky post yesterday on the SS discoloring, then got distracted, then it got deleted by my love, accidentally of course.
OhTheAgony is correct, heat will discolor Stainless Steel. Hunter, you will notice the top and outside surfaces of the CRZ heatport are still nice and shiny and only the center of the top port is discolored. This is because of the electro polish we do with all our SS.
Electro polishing Stainless steel involves removing the ferrous metal molecules from the surface of the SS electrically. The parts to be polished are put in solution and are charged electrically. On the opposite side of the tank is a collector plate, also electrically charged(with the opposite polarity). The ferrous metal molecules will simply leave the surface of the SS and move to the collector plate leaving the SS surface with that shiny SS look we all like to see. That process does not work inside a tube because the molecular movement in electro polishing occurs in a straight line, perpendicular to the part surface. This cannot happen inside a tube.
So you are seeing what regular, non electro polished SS does with heat when you look at the inside of the top tube on the CRZ. The outside and top of our heatport is still bright and shiny because it is professionally brought to surgical grade. 'Regular' stainless has ferrous metal molecules in the surface which cause the discoloring with heat applied. Regular SS can also rust under the right conditions.

Nice Oak CRZ hunterthompson. You are holding a chunk of recycled pallet wood that supported cast iron water pipe for life until we found it and turned it into the efficient AND beautiful tool you now hold in your hand. Thanks for showing it here.
And Vito, nice stem shot. Thanks for showing it. Some of our nicest wood is Maple and we have plenty of it. How does that thing work anyway? This is a good time to pass on my 1/4" wooden dowels came in this past week and work so sweet for their intended purpose. We will be including one with every wooden stem that goes out along with extra screens and clips. Makes for a very easy and professional screen replacement in these stems, from the mouth end of the stem. We like the screen installed behind the crimp for a neater and slightly larger bowl size. The wooden dowel works like a ramrod and centers the screen and the clip in one easy motion. When the screen is removed, the center SS tube can be cleaned thoroughly.
I have been adding 'Ricks choice wood stem' to the CRZ options on the product page. If that choice is made, I will pick a stem in the longer category that matches the CRZ selected as good as possible at the time.

Vito, I agree. Nothing like a fresh new wood stem to get these girls excited. They love that wood! Balances them out good. You would think the wood would calm them down though, not get them so excited!

Rick,

hunterthompson

Thanks mom! I really love the grain, Rick did an amazing job.

And I love that the wood is recycled, it makes a beautiful piece even more beautiful. Thanks for all the help Rick!

hunterthompson,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Going to be getting one of these beauties once I see one I like. Amazing woodworking skill Rick! Keep it up!

MM..Food,
Top Bottom