Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Gunky

The old brass zaps had a considerably smaller bowl than the stainless Rock Zaps. In effect, the heat from the resistor and metal core was focused on a smaller area. So if you put a sock on them or use higher voltage, they really cook. I think I actually prefer the bowl size on the brass zaps. I guess I need to work on my draw technique for the rock zap because I get slightly thicker hits from a brass zap with a sock.

Gunky,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Technique is key......
Look... Ravin' works great now with more power......
But even so, she is no RockZap!
I could have done those clouds so easily on the RZ ... and at 12V also.
RZ does not need a boost......
Poor Ravin did!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
biojuggernaut said:
I don't understand why the RZ would pull only clouds as big as the Ravin @ 13volts. I would just think that ceramic would superheat that shit, but surprisingly the RZ does not like running at higher voltage. Anyone have experience with this?

these MONSTER hits you see me getting from Ravin are the first hits she has ever been able to produce... and my RockZaps can perform better than this easily!!

Vito is saying that his RZ's perform even better than Ravin' at 13.5v, in spite of Ravin's impressive performance. ;)

momofthegoons,
I am speaking much more then from vitolos video. maybe I am asking the wrong question. When I ran the RZ at 13 my avb came out lighter then all my other logs at 13. Why is that? The theory about the brass was my first guess as well. But I assume that ceramic is extremely good at regulating the temp.

Edit: Also someone ask earlier, but just to reiterate; theoretically speaking wouldn't the RZ be the prime log to do voltage adjustment because of its durability?

biojuggernaut,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't have an answer for that one, I'm afraid. It doesn't really make sense, does it? We need someone with electrical knowledge to answer that one. :lol:

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
bio, have you tried a CRZ on the 13.5 for an extended period of time? I think you will find a different result, very close to combustion. I do believe you are the only one who mentioned the CRZ does not react to the 13.5 like the other log vapes do. I also recall someone(kewcper?) mentioning the CRZ is too hot at 13.5. Leave it on 13.5 for a few hours, then report back. As I (again) recall you only left yours on the higher voltage for an hour or less? The insulation will slow the effects of higher heat(higher voltage= higher heat, period) for a while but eventually that higher central heat will balance out to the higher heat level. With wood insulated vapes, that increase in heat migrates fast through the surrounding mass of wood so the effects are noticed quicker. I also believe the insulation will reduce the peaks in the heat range cycle meaning they will cool slower too.
That is my theory only. We will be interested in your feedback. Perhaps I am mistaken and you have had it on 13.5 for a long period? Answer the question about extended time on the 13.5 and we will go to the next one about "wouldn't the CRZ be the best for temp increases because of the durability issue?" I do not have that answer yet.
Tooties are back up on the website. We install the SS(or brass if ordered) tips with a small piece of silicone tubing now. No more permanent bonding. The tips are removable easily with pliers so the entire glass piece can be thoroughly cleaned. We provide extra screens and clips and a short length of extra silicone tubing so everything can be disassembled for cleaning if desired. Nice thick glass with the outer dimension 9/16"(14.2875mm)and the inner 3/8"(9.525mm). Wall thickness is 3/32"(2.3813mm). Precise enough? Ha, you never have seen that from Zapman!
http://www.aromazap.com/shop/stems/glass.html

Rick,

hunterthompson

Gave my RZ a real test last night:

First thoughts: Damn, this thing can hit :o
The only other vape I've used is my MFLB and when I took my first hit off the RZ I started coughing my lungs out. And this baby just keep on hitting! We loaded a 2/3 full stem and hit it at least 10 times!! Altogether we packed what would be about 1/2 a trench in MF for 2 seshs when we would normally pack a trench for each sesh. And I love the feeling of handing it over to my friend and knowing that no matter how slow or fast he hits he he WILL NOT combust. I can't really comment on durability yet because I've only had it a couple days but it feels extremely solid and doesn't seem like it could break from anything. All in all a fantastic vape, incredibly efficient while providing huge hits. I keep wanting to do further testing but it keeps getting me medicated too fast :ko:
Oh, and Rick's service has been incredible. In addition to providing me with an incredible unit with extra goodies he was very helpful in answering my millions of emails (I got really excited so I asked a lot of questions :p)

Now I just have a few questions for the MZ/RZ experts:

1. When I take my hits I instinctively start hitting it extremely slowly like MF but then when I start hitting it harder it gives bigger hits, so is harder better? Should I be hitting it like a normal piece?
2. A lot of the time my herb will fall out of the tip of the stem even if I've already hit it a few times, sometimes even falling into the heater. Why is that, is it not packed full enough (the stems are about 2/3 full and loose)?
3. In a lot of the videos, people put their stems on the Zap and leave it there for a little bit before hitting it, is that better than hitting it right away? And should I leave the stem in between hits?
4. Last one: can any 12v ac power adapter (whose plug is correct) work with the RZ or is the one it comes with special since the plug looks different than most ac power adapter plugs?

Thanks!

hunterthompson,

SleepyHead

hunterthompson said:

1. When I take my hits I instinctively start hitting it extremely slowly like MF but then when I start hitting it harder it gives bigger hits, so is harder better? Should I be hitting it like a normal piece?
2. A lot of the time my herb will fall out of the tip of the stem even if I've already hit it a few times, sometimes even falling into the heater. Why is that, is it not packed full enough (the stems are about 2/3 full and loose)?
3. In a lot of the videos, people put their stems on the Zap and leave it there for a little bit before hitting it, is that better than hitting it right away? And should I leave the stem in between hits?
4. Last one: can any 12v ac power adapter (whose plug is correct) work with the RZ or is the one it comes with special since the plug looks different than most ac power adapter plugs?

Thanks!

1. I would think this is a matter of preference and lung strength. I like hitting it hard, but when I have guests use it they never hit it as hard as I do, could be a tolerance thing. And I wasn't say hit it as hard as a regular piece, but slow and deep.
2. How do you pack your stem? There are a couple methods out there, one being to suck in your herb out of the grinder by inhaling through the opposite end of the stem. Then using your fingertip, press against the herb and twist a bit. Or, you can scoop in herb, and pack it in with the wooden packer provided. If it's packed in, even a bit, it doesn't fall out (at least for all my experiences)
3. Matter of preference. I like to put it on for 20-30 seconds before hitting it, this way the herb is warmed up by the time I hit it, and gives a really strong first hit.
4. I would think it would work, if both provide 12v ac and fit, then it only makes sense. Of course this is something to double-check, hopefully someone else can help with this one. I know I have other adapters for other products that fit in the zap, but I wouldn't use them.

SleepyHead,

hunterthompson

SleepyHead said:
hunterthompson said:

Thanks!

1. I would think this is a matter of preference and lung strength. I like hitting it hard, but when I have guests use it they never hit it as hard as I do, could be a tolerance thing. And I wasn't say hit it as hard as a regular piece, but slow and deep.
2. How do you pack your stem? There are a couple methods out there, one being to suck in your herb out of the grinder by inhaling through the opposite end of the stem. Then using your fingertip, press against the herb and twist a bit. Or, you can scoop in herb, and pack it in with the wooden packer provided. If it's packed in, even a bit, it doesn't fall out (at least for all my experiences)
3. Matter of preference. I like to put it on for 20-30 seconds before hitting it, this way the herb is warmed up by the time I hit it, and gives a really strong first hit.
4. I would think it would work, if both provide 12v ac and fit, then it only makes sense. Of course this is something to double-check, hopefully someone else can help with this one. I know I have other adapters for other products that fit in the zap, but I wouldn't use them.

1. So it should be somewhere in between MF and normal since when I hit it like MF I got barely anything at all?
2. I do the sucking up method but I forgot to pack it down with my finger or the tool so that's probably the problem
3. So there's no risk of combustion leaving the stem in for a while? What if it falls onto the bottom screen?
Thanks for the help Sleepy!

I also started a RZ Glass Thread so we can all talk about what glass is good for the RZ
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6515

hunterthompson,

kewpcer

It was me rick. My CRZ is too hot for my tastes at 13.5v if I'm not using water. Never an ignition, but sometimes i get a visible scorch that I can't taste, so it's higher than where it should be.

I've got a 250ish beaker bottom, and I use the CRZ+13.5v with it, because it lets you draw harder and achieve the same result as with a normal CRZ through the stem. However, anytime I've used the 13.5v with a stem and no water, only the first hit is tasty. After that it goes to popcorn for two more hits and poops out some DARK abv. Normal use of the CRZ is IMO not enough airflow to mitigate the extra heat of the 13.5v.

For thick night vapor you could switch from a hot 12v to a 13.5v and give it a few minutes, vape your stem, and switch it back. It's mom's method, or at least, that's the first place I saw it.

As for me, I have my old RZ1 prototype that is almost perfect with a 13.5v for night vapors. :brow:

kewpcer,

SleepyHead

hunterthompson said:
SleepyHead said:
hunterthompson said:

Thanks!

1. So it should be somewhere in between MF and normal since when I hit it like MF I got barely anything at all?
2. I do the sucking up method but I forgot to pack it down with my finger or the tool so that's probably the problem
3. So there's no risk of combustion leaving the stem in for a while? What if it falls onto the bottom screen?
Thanks for the help Sleepy!

I also started a RZ Glass Thread so we can all talk about what glass is good for the RZ
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6515

1. Yes, I also own a MFLB, I draw really slow when I hit that. I still hit slow with the zap, but like I said, its much deeper. I really open up my entire passageway when hitting the RZ.
2. :)
3. No risk of combusting, especially for only 20-30 seconds. There are times where I already enjoy a stem, put on another, but completely forget its there until minutes later ;) If it falls onto the bottom screen its fine, as the screen would catch it. Simply tipping it upside down will cause it to fall out. I understand a method used if any debris falls into the heater is to use compressed air to get it out, hopefully. But I can't imagine any serious issues occurring if a bit of herb falls in, if it does then chances are its small enough to not even worry about.

And you are welcome!

SleepyHead,

kewpcer

I've left them in overnight and it never ignites, or even scorches. Just a bit more uniformly brown than usual.

kewpcer,

PurpleDazed

Well Its official Im Zapped!! I like the Glass tootie! I need a new bong to use the shortie GonG stem I didnt realise how short they would be and how deep the zap is from the surface. These shorties would work well on a bong wit a carb so you dont need to remove the stem to clear the bong. But after a Tootie and a regular Poly Stem The effect is Very Sweet.

Rick Consider me A Happy Customer.

PurpleDazed,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
Got a new rock zap!

Was VERY impressed with the new construction.

Now I'm even more impressed with the performance :D

Most definitely worth the upgrade. The short stem for GonG is awesome.

Bravo Rick!

NiceLungs,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So good to see a few more people getting Zappy!

hunterthompson, it sounds as if you are in the "learning" phase of this. Fool around with your grind (it should be like coarse ground pepper and dry) your pack, and your draw and I know you'll find that sweet spot. It just takes a little practice. The straw method to fill your stem seems to be the best, for me at least. Don't over fill. Less can be more in these. Your draw will be similar to drinking a milkshake. Slow and steady. Truly, I've found that the draw is not as important as how you pack the stem though. And no, you do not have to worry about leaving the stem in. It will not combust, however, the herb inside the stem will continue to "cook" a bit, IMO. I've had crumbs fall into the heatport and no combustion.

Enjoy your new Zaps everyone! Practice makes perfect. ;)

momofthegoons,

flasharoo

i got my beautiful sumo yesterday.. i'll get around to getting some pictures and stuff up in a bit. (my camera phone wouldn't quite do this justice) thank you Rick so very much. this is my first vape, and this RZ is wonderful. i think i'd buy these just as artsy handwarmers, even if they weren't oil diffusers/vapes. :D

i'm definitely in my learning phase still, my ABV is still has some green to it occasionally. i think a lot of it is my grind, my grinder has pretty big holes on it, so some big pieces get through. i've just been regrinding it a couple times to try to combat this. i tried to vaporbong with it too, but i think that's a little out of my league for right now :lol:

couple questions for you guys.
1. how hard do you pack your stems? do you leave it pretty loose, or pack it tight? (or a nice median)?
2. how many hits are you getting with the RZ? i seem to be getting 3 pretty big ones followed by a couple smaller, wispy ones.
3. (not offended if this is too newbish to bother answering) how do i know when it's done? does it start to taste more like burnt popcorn? or is it when i don't see any vapor?

thanks so much! more later :o

flasharoo,

SleepyHead

flasharoo said:
couple questions for you guys.
1. how hard do you pack your stems? do you leave it pretty loose, or pack it tight? (or a nice median)?
2. how many hits are you getting with the RZ? i seem to be getting 3 pretty big ones followed by a couple smaller, wispy ones.
3. (not offended if this is too newbish to bother answering) how do i know when it's done? does it start to taste more like burnt popcorn? or is it when i don't see any vapor?

thanks so much! more later :o

1. I use the wooden packer as well as my finger, and I only press in till theres a mid point in the resistance. It's hard to explain, practice makes perfect.
2. That seems about right. Of course it varies depending on how much is being packed, how dense, quality of herb, etc.
3. You will begin to taste the difference of the "spent" (abv) herb, almost burnt popcorn like. You can also check the steam to see the color of the herb. If its brown, should be done. You can continue to try to get hits, some do, but I empty once I taste the difference. Save the abv to cook some edible snacks :)

SleepyHead,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I put a stem in the ground weed. I suck until there is resistance, and I can suck only slightly through stem.
I dont tamp at all.. I do use finger to wipe off any "danglers".

Vitolo,

kewpcer

Vitolo said:
I put a stem in the ground weed. I suck until there is resistance, and I can suck only slightly through stem.
I dont tamp at all.. I do use finger to wipe off any "danglers".

+1

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
flash, I will add VERY dry herb mix. That is our preference anyway. With proper dryness, fingers work very well for a grinder. Very dry also vapes right away and still has plenty of flavor.
A new line coming out. We will try EZ HOLD for a start. Other names that came to mind were already used.
There are almost two of each wood species in these shots. They are very nice to hold in the hand with either top or bottom up. Some Maple, Oak, Poplar, Walnut and ?
10-19group004.jpg

10-19group007.jpg

We are getting the GonG stems much better. Very short and I found one last stick of oversized nylon stem stock, about 5/8" OD. So I have a bunch from that stick. They fit tighter and stop earlier in a 14 mm GonG fitting. No way will they go through.

I'll be doing some sort of a 'Best Deal Going' also. Adding a wood stem or glass Tooty in the package, maybe a GonG stem. Not sure yet but always something new around Zapville, especially when I have a little extra time to play and come up with different ideas.

Rick,
Top Bottom