Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
return2heaven said:
hello all, can someone tell me where i can get one of those tiny cup style oil holders?
I am sure Rick can answer that for you, return2heaven. The cups are great. I am an aromatherapy fan, and
this is a big part of my "Zapping"! :)

Its just a simple copper end cap, you could get one at your local plumbing outfit or at Grainger surely.

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
Those are 1/2" copper caps and are available at most hardware stores. We use the 1/4 inch size for Zapladys Aroma Flower.
wildkfx, nice pics of that sweet maple. Thanks for sharing.
kewpcer.....hint, hint. good job
You all are so good to me and I sure do appreciate it more than you can imagine. This post is for all of you and maybe a few only watching from the sidelines.
What has happened to us since mid August or so was/is a totally new experience in so many ways. I have always been turtle-like or even less in my life. Everything has flowed well and at the pace I enjoy, which is not fast and hurried and busy all the time. I have had that same pace, in different variations most of my life. The last three months have been different.
The only difference has been Aromazap, specifically the CRZ in the development and production phase. The rest of our life did not change. We still have farm animals and small farm to attend to every day of the year. Now we have wild turkeys in the farm daily. Mama and her 9 kids feast all day on leftovers, then come back down daily, single file, and fly to the trees to roost. There are many other turkey groups around the place now all throughout the day. I have even had to stop going back and forth from the shop to the house to wait for a string of them to go by. We do not 'hunt' them. If we wanted to, we could get one with a rock thrown by a grandkid.
We also have 3 fine grandsons around often and one all the time. Nothing in the world like being a grandparent and have the grandkids around. Yesterday we had our only granddaughter for most of the day. She is about 14 months and doing so good. Zaplady, or LadyZap as some call her, had a very super day watching baby while the men finished up some farm work that had to be done.
Long story short is I had a bit of ZapBurn. Burnout from going way more faster and longer and every day compared to the past years. It WAS a good burnout as it was needed. I have no regrets. We have made good business decisions that have taken log vapes to a new dimension. I am happy about that and look forward to the future.
But I needed and still need to settle. I need to settle back to Rick who most of all enjoys life and his fine family and where The Universe lets him call home. That focus actually allows me to blow down the tracks in Zapville at a plenty fast speed but I need to keep the 'life' focus to keep the Zap train going.
kewpcer reminded me in his stemholder post(as others have also done) that I have an unfinished 'to do' list that always nags me. I have made commitments here that I have not followed through(on) like the old Zap retro, mini whip, new instructions, and plenty of other stuff. I guess it is the way I am sometimes. Some of it comes with the 'trade' but mostly it is my bad habits.
I can say I am coming out of the burn out but am not totally back yet. We are keeping the orders moving and up to date but I still do not have that fire going of the last few months. Much of it has to do with winter being here I suppose. Extra chores to stay comfy every day. Another year older. 40 years with wood heat only. Shit I even forgot to turn the hot tub on when I got up today, a daily ritual. Grandma was not happy about that as she is so stiff and sore from having baby here all day yesterday.
Not sure what that was all about except to say thanks for putting up with me, hot and cold as I can be at times. We are doing good and always have been but I am realizing I needed some off-Zap time and took it. I still am there to a degree but so much better. I think winter hit us too damn quick this year.

Rick,

kewpcer

As for my part, "Don'chu worry bout me none" as we say down here. I'm sympathetic to your growing pains, and wasn't dropping any hints. I'd just remembered that I had a nice pice for wood up there that i'd forgotten about, which is good. I'd hate to turn it into a stemholder just yet, because everyone that tries my CRZ tries to buy it from me. I direct them to you, but they'd just rather pay cash and have it that day. If this keeps up I might put together a special order of some basic zap units that are all very similar, that way I can take the cash for them, and Zapland becomes a bit closer to becoming Zapworld :D

Really, if you could get back to me on the email I sent you and let me have your thoughts on that, I'd be most appreciative. I'd really love your thoughts and input on that.

Good to hear about the farm. I just took in the last of my tomatoes, took a few cuttings I'll try to keep alive through the summer, and left the rest to the compost pile. Damned cherokee purples busted all summer long but the fall crop looked pretty good. We have wonky rain here that'll drive a tomato grower bananas. Even the stripeys were splitting.

Take care Rick! And don't worry about the back burner. You're the only one keeping score, buddy. You've taken good care of me always. We're all just excited for you!

kewpcer,

wildkfx

Ok, I thought after reading about everybodys stem loading and draw technique that I would have it figured out, but thats not the case. Here is what I do, what am I doing wrong?
1. The herb is very dry
2. grind very fine (Cali Crusher)
3. use straw technique to load stem
4. tamp down end very lightly with finger tip
5. used cho cho draw style and long slow draws (20-30 seconds)
I get 2 good hits and about 2 wispy hits, the ABV is far from what I consider brown (I'm color blind to some shades of green), all flavor is gone after the wispy hits. How warm should the vapor feel in your mouth (I feel almost no heat in mouth what so ever)?
I know its me doing something wrong and not the Zap itself. Keep in mind this is my first vape and I know there is a learning curve. Please help if you could point me in the right direction.

wildkfx,

hunterthompson

I'm pretty new to Zaps (but not vapes) as well and I feel that to get better hits and need to draw long and deep but not really very slow. I would say try increasing your draw speed.

hunterthompson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That and don't grind too fine. If it's too fine, it will compact too much. You want to be able to draw well through the stem before you start vaping. If it feels "clogged," then you've either got too fine a grind, or packed it too tightly. The draw will be like a thick milkshake. Slow and steady. Then take your stem out to clear, and leave it out until you are ready to take another hit.

momofthegoons,

wildkfx

I'm pretty new to Zaps (but not vapes) as well and I feel that to get better hits and need to draw long and deep but not really very slow. I would say try increasing your draw speed.
Increasing speed did give me another wispy hit or two.
That and don't grind too fine. If it's too fine, it will compact too much. You want to be able to draw well through the stem before you start vaping. If it feels "clogged," then you've either got too fine a grind, or packed it too tightly. The draw will be like a thick milkshake. Slow and steady. Then take your stem out to clear, and leave it out until you are ready to take another hit.
I can't say it feels clogged and I don't think the grind is too fine. When you say "like a thick milkshake" do you mean it should have a little resistance or do you mean it just as the pace of the hit?

Thanks for the help

wildkfx,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's sort of like a McDonald's milkshake. They're so thick you really have a hard time using a straw in the beginning. If you suck too hard, the straw just clogs. That's the parallel I'm trying to make. You will get some resistance; just don't fight it....go with it. If you feel too much resisitance, slow down your draw. I know you've read it, but practice makes perfect. Just keep at it and all of a sudden you'll get a stemful that's perfect. And try only filling your stem half way at first.

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
wildkfx said:
Ok, I thought after reading about everybodys stem loading and draw technique that I would have it figured out, but thats not the case. Here is what I do, what am I doing wrong?
1. The herb is very dry
2. grind very fine (Cali Crusher)
3. use straw technique to load stem
4. tamp down end very lightly with finger tip
5. used cho cho draw style and long slow draws (20-30 seconds)
I get 2 good hits and about 2 wispy hits, the ABV is far from what I consider brown (I'm color blind to some shades of green), all flavor is gone after the wispy hits. How warm should the vapor feel in your mouth (I feel almost no heat in mouth what so ever)?
I know its me doing something wrong and not the Zap itself. Keep in mind this is my first vape and I know there is a learning curve. Please help if you could point me in the right direction.

Here's what i do. you can try it on your next stem, or not, just what i find to work best perfectly for me:

-grind herb fine, so its... somewhere between regular salt grain and those bigger salt pieces you get on soft pretzels (mmmm soft pretzel with cheddar...)
-suck up herb SLOWLY
-do NOT pack at all, if anything just brush your fingertip across the tip to knock off any excess back into your container/grinder, but dont push it in at all.
-tale a deep breath or two, exhale completely, then hit it at a medium/slow constant rate until either your lungs are nearly full or you feel a tickle in your airway like you got a good amount.
-inhale some fresh air behind the hit to help make sure the vapor gets good and deep into your lungs, filling the rest of your lung capacity

when you get to the point where youre not getting much of anything, leave the stem in the zap for a few minutes and then try again, you might be surprised what you will get after letting it sit. pretty often i leave a stem in my zap that i thougth was cooked, but when i come back to later on i can get a decent hit out of it. which is pretty weird really, it shouldnt be an issue of the heater needing time to warm back up after sequential hits. not with the RZ's extra layer of insulation and the good retention of the SS and log style vapes in general....

steiner666,

kewpcer

Jaysus! I never put nearly that much thought in it. My old concrete cup hits fairly nice with an absent minded suck and swipe with the finger. 2 thicks and 2-3 whispers is not outside the normal range for a CRZ. You may just have some herbs that don't have as much oomphah for the vape. Every now and then I get some that produce noticeably less vapor. I chalk it up to luck and vape on through it.

I find the CRZ is much less dependent on draw technique than the older models. Mine fairly-well tends to itself in that regard.

Tips...

1. Try pre-warming your stems if you haven't already. Insert a loaded stem and give it about 3 minutes to heat up.

2. Take your pull and let the unit rest for at least couple minutes. My heater core requires about 3-4 minutes for a full rebound. You cool it from the outside-in, and it reheats from the inside out, so the exchanger needs time to catch up. This could be the cause of your whispy hits and light abv.

And on the ABV. Mine doesn't get "brown-brown" either. More like a dark beige, which is where most people like it. If you want it darker you can put a couple of socks around it, and that will give you a decent bump in temps. Enough to get you brown, anyway.

kewpcer,

wildkfx

Thanks everyone for helping. I know that this has all been covered before but I just couldn't get my brain wrapped around it. I'm testing all your ideas right now, so far so good.

mom- now that you put it that way it all makes sense.

With me being color blind to green its hard to tell exactly what color it has turned when done. I have my wife take a look at it from time to time and she says it is tan/yellow/green.

thanks again everyone, now off to practice some more.

wildkfx,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
My Zappy Family Portrait

IMG_0035.jpg

The happiest of zaps that live at my vape station, they get the most love out of my whole collection.
From left to right... Myrtle RZ1 ... Sumo CRZ ... Walnut BrassZap ...
Hope you all like the picture! :D Now back to zapping along on my day off

psyshaman,

goody8504

I got my new RZ about a week ago and wanted to get the hang of it before I did a review. This is my first log vape, so it took me a couple of days to get used to it. But after getting used to it, I haven't even turned in my SSV in the past few days. I love the thick, tasty clouds my SSV produces but my RZ is much more efficient and my rent is due tomorrow. When using my SSV, I was able to stretch an 8th out to last me roughly a week tops (I have to medicate throughout the day, everyday). But using only my RZ the past week, I've still got 1.75 grams left of the 3.65 grams I got last Friday night. I can tell already that my RZ should pay for itself within just a few months.

But on to my review. The first couple of times I tried to use my RZ, I was only getting about 2 hits each stem. But after a little practice and figuring out I can draw while putting the stem only halfway into the unit, I can get a really nice hit without vaporizing those cannabinoids which vaporize at higher temperatures. This will only work for a couple of hits and after that I need to insert the stem all the way as I draw. But now I can get about 4-5 consistently good hits from each stem. Two stems will do it for me. Occasionally I'll only do one stem, but if I were going to vape enough to fill three stems, I'd honestly probably just turn on my SSV which sits directly next to my RZ.

My RZ has replaced my SSV as my daily driver. This is the perfect vape for anybody looking to conserve their stash. The SSV is certainly more efficient than most other vaporizers I've used, but my new RZ definitely takes the cake in the efficiency category now. Plus, the RZ only takes one hand to operate so I don't have to stop everything I'm doing to take a hit like I would with my SSV.

Btw, I don't have any pics to post but if anybody is interested, it's in the 'sold' gallery on the website as OCT19 Myrtle Burl (currently the last pic in the slide show). It reminds me of a marble urn or something from ancient Egypt. Anyway, I may think of something I forgot to mention later but it's late so I think I'm going to hit the sack for now. So once again, thanks Rick for an excellent product.

goody8504,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice review goody8504. I also notice a huge difference in consumption when I use my CRZ exclusively. When I use my whip vape, I can easily go through 3 - 4 times the amount I would use in a sitting with the CRZ. And that myrtle burl you got is stunning. I have a special affinity for burl.... :lol:

psyshaman, I was wondering who got that other sumo piece. Your vape station looks great! I can see I'm going to have to get in touch with Rick about getting a "whip" set up for my CRZ....

momofthegoons,

flasharoo

I said I'd put pictures up of my new Zap weeks ago, so I'm sorry for the delay, I hit a few bumps. I'm going to put my review up now, and I'll get pictures when I can (cell phone pictures will not do justice). I got a Sumo CRZ, which is currently unnamed still (I take forever with names I just got a poor kitten that's running around unnamed). On the sold gallery, it's OCT1 Sumac. This was my first vaporizer ever, and I couldn't be more happy. Who knew that a piece of art, handwarmer, oil diffuser, and vaporizer could come in one little USPS box!

I medicate for severe ulcerative colitis (pain, nausea, insomnia, appetite). I've been in a bad flare (fighting off ideas of surgery) for almost a year now, but it's been getting better slowly. About two days after I got my CRZ, it got very bad again. Unfortunately, I was also running very low on my medicine. With my CRZ, I made a little over an eighth last me around 3 weeks. I had to medicate much more often during the day, especially mornings (what's the deal with nausea in the morning anyway?). I'm still hurting, but not nearly as bad. I want to thank you for that, Rick. Not only were you kind enough to let me know a new, better product (the CRZ) was coming out soon, but you were more than helpful (and quick!) in answering my emails and questions. All in all, I'm a very satisfied customer. Thank you.

Looks: I always thought my guitars would be the only "wood art" in my room, but this Sumo CRZ is beautiful. It's smooth and fits perfectly in my hand. The lip at the top makes sure it never slips. The grain makes some fantastic water-like ripples on the front. On the top lip, there's a little chip where there is a tiny knot. It adds character, and I love it.

Functionality: It's a great hand warmer with these cold months coming ;) I haven't gotten the chance to diffuse oil in my CRZ yet (I know nothing about oils). As a vaporizer, it works great. I usually get 2-3 big hits, and maybe 3-4 wispy ones. It conserves beautifully, and it's easy to keep clean. I usually pack a stem for the morning the night before, and my zap is always ready and waiting. The vapor is tasty, and barely smells or lingers at all. I don't think I've combusted (at home) a single time since I received this. It took me a little while, as it's my first vape, but I think I finally got the grind and pack down.

I'm really happy with my zap. Rick, you're a genuine guy, keep up the great work.
Thanks for the help everyone!

flasharoo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Only in this forum.... does an unseen forum member.... promise images...
and have the conscience and respect to remind us of his "unkept word"... with an apology and an explanation.
I love you guys.
Thank you all for remembering to thank the Universe~ It goes a long way!

Vitolo,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Cheers for the compliments Mom & Vito.. I adore my little collection a lot!
But due to being out shone by it's younger siblings my intense walnut brassy may be leaving this post to make a new master as Zappy as I am.... But even though I haven't turned it on in months it's still hard to part with!

psyshaman,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
flasharoo said:
I medicate for severe ulcerative colitis (pain, nausea, insomnia, appetite). !

That makes two of us. I wouldn't classify mine as severe but it can get pretty bad at times. Glad there are two of us here.

Google the probiotic formulated for UC sufferers VSL#3, I supplement with a multivitamin and fish oil (for omega 3), VSL#3 and regular vapor/joints on top of the Lialda.

I like to stay away from that fuckin' prednisone if possible.

Keep fightin the good fight and tout that RockZap with ya :)

NiceLungs,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Awesome zap vid there VaporBoxed! And a stunning grain on your zap, what version is it?

My Matrix bubbler is having a love affair with my SumoCRZ for a while now, although the Toro Circ has been stealing some of it's attention.

psyshaman,
I just crumbled up some bubble hash and put it in a middle of a stem and WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! it was simply amazing has anyone else tried this?

Seagullmeat,
Thanks Guys, im not sure what version it is. And i wish i could get some bubble hash in my parts. I like to pack a normal stem and add a drop of bho to it. It milks well and lasts 4x as long as a normal stem.

VaporBoxed,
Top Bottom