Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
nerae No problem holding your order til then. It will ship on the 30th. Unless you want it there Friday the 31st?

Rick,

dncrgrl

Professional Lurker
Hi all! I'm no stranger to FC but I finally signed up so I could thank U all for info and tips U provide making it LOADS easier to make an educated decision. I vape 100% of the time now and the more I read the more obsessed I become with all things vapor and trying to plan out what will become my little collection :D That's why I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and place my order for a MyrtleZap!! I've done a pretty good amount of research here and on GC and I think it's perfect for me and a perfect companion to my LB :) Now I just have a couple questions before I complete my checkout:
I do a lot of road tripping and I plan to get the car adapter; Will I regret not having a 3rd stem? (I mainly vape alone.) And if so, I'm considering adding on a carb-ed tootie. They look nice but I haven't seen too many people talk about them so I wonder if it's worth it, especially since I'll be hooking the MZ to my waterpipe probably 90% of the time...
I know I may have a couple more questions once I finally get the unit but thank you all again for pre-answering the questions I had prior to making my decision; you all rock and I'm glad to finally be part of the vaping community!

EDIT: I placed my order last week :) And then went back and looked thru some of the post I flew by in my excitement of buying a new vape and I did find info on the Tootys which makes me happy I changed what I was gonna order at the last minute! I went with the Winter Solstice Special and added on a car charger; now I'm getting everything I want! Maybe it'll arrive this week in time for my New Years Eve roadtrip?? :D

dncrgrl,

morninglight

Hey Rick. I'm definitely sold on your product. I was looking into the PD but decided against their product due to them using leather. Was told that I can not purchase one without leather so I'm looking for an alternative. I just wanted to make sure that in your Winter Solstice Special it is animal free?

morninglight,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Good question morninglight, I myself am very interested in a log style vape and am wondering the same.

aesthyrian,

Rick

Zapman
morninglight
I must say this is the first time we have heard that request from a customer.
We also use leather for the bottom but our leather is 100% recycled from leather coats purchased from St Vinnies and other local second hand stores. We never order new leather.
Having said that, we will also do our best to accommodate customers if possible. Zaplady just informed me that we can pick up some felt, used on the original Eterra, and make custom animal free bottoms from that. You would have to make that request in an Email directly to us or in the Paypal checkout process where we have a "notes to seller" section.
Thanks for asking.
Shortest day of the year over now and the real 'new' year begins. Wishing all a happy joy filled year to come. Expect Happy and Good. Thoughts are Things.

Rick,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
You might look into cork bottoms as well. A renewable resource that is animal free :)

Lo,

morninglight

Lo said:
You might look into cork bottoms as well. A renewable resource that is animal free :)

Cork would be very cool! Sent an e-mail with my order number and a little note. Thank you very much!

morninglight,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Rick, I must say that your ability and willingness to accommodate special request is pretty damn impressive. You may be getting a second order requesting a vegan alternative for leather soon :cool:

aesthyrian,

Engraver

My Zap has been receiving daily use since received and getting a polish every week. I can't say that I am conserving anything tho as the newness of it has not worn off and I have not settled into a daily routine with it. I imagine I will use less as this happens and the novelty wears off. In the meantime (like Mcdonalds says) ...I'm Luvin It!

Hope everyone has a Zappy Holiday and a Zappy New Year!:D:D

Engraver

Engraver,

Rick

Zapman
A short announcement for anyone following this thread who may have ordered recently.
As many of you know, we are very rural folks. We have one practical way to get out to the rest of the world. That would be Idaho St Hwy 3. We use it to hook to I-90. The night before last, the State Transportation Dept closed the highway in both directions as there is a main culvert washing out that must be immediately replaced. Today is the second day of it being closed and they are saying "a few days yet".
This has delayed shipping of several orders for a few days as the mail person cannot get here. I can do something about it by driving around the long way, over 100 miles one way on snowy roads to get to my post office but not this early in the game. Once I missed Wednesday shipping, I was done til Saturday except Saturday is a holiday this week too.

Bottom line, we are behind on shipping orders. And it looks like we will be til well into next week. Closer to a two week wait for those orders not yet shipped and received in the last week or so. We have notified all customers with orders that have shipped so far.
Thanks for your patience.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Although it is not "officially" Zap business, I wanted to post here regarding Ed's vapor tube giveaway. I know Rick wont mind since it is a tube for the Zap and it's for a good cause.

For those Zap heads that are not aware, today is the last day to enter Ed's contest for a beautiful Mahoe stem for your Zap. All you have to do is make a $5 donation to the Make a Wish foundation. The link is on Ed's thread here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=106083#p106083

Come on you guys, help make a child's wish come true and get yourself a chance to win a beautiful Mahoe stem for your Zap!

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
Thank you for that post mom and my apologies to Ed for not highlighting his offer on this thread earlier. He does do some very nice work with wood and you cannot get much better than the charity he picked. Kids are always special to all of us but when they have to go through stuff only us old folks should have to go through, it really tugs on our hearts heavily. This is a good way to help in a real way.

And, for some news here, our highway is still closed. http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/roadreports_event.jsf?sitKey=CARS4-1438&view=state&text=m&current=true
No mail tomorrow. No shipping from Zapville 'til Monday. I took the road closure as an opportunity to even take more time off from our daily routine of Zapville. It was very nice but will be over this weekend. Lots of stuff going out Monday.
I will start a short product project right after the first of the year that may address the broken wire next to transformer output plug issue. Just flashed into my feeble mind for a second but I grabbed it.
Happy New Year everyone.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
Although it is not "officially" Zap business, I wanted to post here regarding Ed's vapor tube giveaway. I know Rick wont mind since it is a tube for the Zap and it's for a good cause.

For those Zap heads that are not aware, today is the last day to enter Ed's contest for a beautiful Mahoe stem for your Zap. All you have to do is make a $5 donation to the Make a Wish foundation. The link is on Ed's thread here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=106083#p106083

Come on you guys, help make a child's wish come true and get yourself a chance to win a beautiful Mahoe stem for your Zap!

Hello and good morning, I appreciate your spreading the word Mom, I have had my hand slapped a couple of times for posting info about my work in other threads, so didnt want to say anything and get thrown outa here. I have drawn the winner and posted the results. No sweat to Rick for not picking it up earlier, I really enjoyed to participation I received in that giveaway, I think it was close to 12 entries so at $5 a piece thats a great donation, every little bit helps, kids are the best blessing!

I hope to do something like this again soon, so keep an eye out!

Happy new year to you all and I wish you the best!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
No sweat Ed. Wish I had thought to do it before I did. Maybe we could have gotten that total up higher! Oh well. Like you said, every little bit helps. I will definitely keep my eye on your thread as I always do. Your tubes are a really nice accessory to the Zap.

momofthegoons,
Happy New Years all! I just recently placed my order for my cherryzap and needless to say I'm ecstatic. However, one of my main concerns with this unit is that I won't get the heavy indica effects I need to ai with my insomnia. Will heavier pure indicas still give me sativa like effects with this unit?

DirtyHippie69,
Not sure bout that hippie. Lately I have used kush, trainwreck, and some strawberry haze and the effects on all were strong. I don't know which of the three were sativa or indicas. I do know that all of the above worked just fine in the vaporizer, specially with a nice drink to enhance the experience. Happy new year folks, hopes it a good one for you all.

PanicFreak,

B.

War Criminal
put a coozie on your zap, itll bump the temp up just enough to get those nice late night sedative effects goin,imo.

B.,
PanicFreak trainwreck and strawberry haze are sativas that produce a cerebral high while a good kush gives off that indica heavy eye feeling that i love. Dont get me wrong i love sativas but they make sleeep impossible right before bed.

B. thanks for the suggestion! i'm gonna definitely go and pick myself up one.

DirtyHippie69,

nerae

Just wanted to say I got back from a 10 day trip of exclusively using my Zap, and I am absolutely in love with it. It really is all in the technique...I love having figured it out myself (somewhat! with tons of help of course ;) ) and it is rewarding to conserve so much.

nerae,

natural_healing

im thinking of purchasing either the PD or myrtlezap. i currently own a mflb and it just doesnt produce big hits and the batteries are a hassle. so im still thinking between the PD and myrtlezap.. any input or recommendations?

natural_healing,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Natural Healing, I'm a happy Zap owner and in my opinion you can't beat the Zap as compared to the other wood log types out there. I really can't comment on the other type log vapes as I don't have any direct experience with them. I do know that the Zap is solid construction, costs less than the others, no wait time to ship, your choice of different woods, accessories, etc., etc. Another thing to consider is customer service and Rick offers the best customer service I have ever seen. In short, the Zap is the best bang for the buck. Pull the trigger on a Zap wood and accessories of your choice and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. If you need a really good grinder I recommend the Mendo Mulcher. If you would like to have a very nice wood grinder to compliment the wood Zap go to Ed's TnT and he's got beautiful 3 or 4-inch wood grinders. I've had one for about 8 months now and it looks great with my Zap and gets the job done for grinding larger amounts where my smaller Mendo is great for smaller amounts. I own both the Mendo and the wood. Defiantly get the Zap. D

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
DirtyHippie, I agree with B. that a koozie will probably do the trick for you in the beginning. I also think that after a few weeks, if you keep your zap on 24/7, you will find it running a bit hotter and might not need the koozie any more. Plus, as you get more practice in with your draw method, you may find that your hits are getting you more where you want to be.

natural_healing, on this thread I think you will find us all pretty much sold on the Zap. :lol: I own three and love them all. It's a great little log vape, made by a real nice couple with great customer service. And with the exception of this last holiday and the extenuating circumstances in Zapville, delivery is usually about a week from order. I know Rick is running a bit longer now due to the holiday and also the road being out by his house. But, I also know that he is getting back on track now so it's not going to be long before things are back to "normal" in Zapville. My suggestion is to do some homework and read through the threads a bit. Then you will be better informed to make your decision. But know that each vape has it's own fans and in the individual vape threads, you will usually be encouraged to buy the vape it is about. ;)

momofthegoons,

momatik

Hi Rick,

How much longer will the winter solstice deal last? I'm really interested in purchasing but won't be able to for the next few days.

momatik,

musicislife

Planning on ordering a Zap soon and was wondering if its worth it to have the third stem? That's really the only deciding point I'm having between the best deal going and the myrtlezap.

musicislife,
Top Bottom