Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
As long as you have two stems, you will have one to use while the other is soaking or drying after cleaning. For me, it was fun to "accessorize" my Zap with extra and special stems, but it certainly isn't necessary.

edited to correct mis-information.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
nerae
Glad to hear you are a Happy Zappie. Now I need to tell you your Tooty and misc got delayed longer than you requested. Our road closure messed everything up around here because we did some shuffling of items to get one shipment out Monday during the closure. The highway finally opened yesterday and we will be back to shipping regularly starting today. Also will be re-stocking glass today/tomorrow which we ran out of since we can now get out of this paradise and into the rest of the world.
The Winter Solstice special has changed to Best Deal Going and is now $5 more($155 total). I will be refining my Zap storefront page a bit more. Already took off dark or light as choices on Myrtlewood because my dark inventory is low. No more softwood Aromazaps and the 13.5s are just about gone. A few changes but no big deal. I will keep the "Best Deal Going" up for the duration but will be changing the details and price as reality dictates.
Thanks for all the help from mom and others. As for the choice between PD and MZ, I am of course prejudiced but I will also say Tom makes a good product and is good to deal with. We get ours out quicker and offer the glass stem with the Zap and as an accessory and our pricing is a bit less.

Rick,
Rick is that extra stem deal still going on? i ordered mine about the 27/28th, would it be too late to add that on to my order if it is?

DirtyHippie69,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Dirty, I just checked and the extra stem was offered quite a while ago and I was mistaken to mention it. I had not realized that the offer had changed. I apologize for misleading you.

momofthegoons,

B.

War Criminal
this is on sellout.woot today, looks to be a perfect zap timer for those so inclined(mine stays on 24/7).

www.priceplunge.com/?ai=4457

my zap's 1st birthday is sometime soon(mid january-ish, who knows). I love this thing. it needs to be said every so often.

B.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Happy Zappy birthday B. ! :lol: I agree that the praises need to be sung every now and then. My first Zaps b-day is in March, I believe. I'll have to check now. Unbelievable that a it's been almost a year! How time does fly when one is having a good time. ;) I've enjoyed getting to "know" all three of my Zaps. Each one is unique in looks and performance.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
We do appreciate all the Happy Zappies out there. Or is it Happy Zappos and Happy Zappas? We have had one or more going for close to ten years now. What a fun ride! Looks like this new year will continue the adventure, based on action here in Zapville since the Winter Solstice. Each day brings more sun and more fun. Even if we do not see the sun, we know it is up there getting us fired up for a new year.
More fun here in Zapville as I did a wifi on the place. Our son lives across a draw hidden by alot of very big Cedar trees. Only a couple hundred yards but you cannot see his place from ours because of the trees which are packed with snow these days. His 11 yr old son is living with him so good internet became another 'need' at his place. We tried this little bugger http://www.ayrstone.com/ He got a "very good" signal at his place and I have the transmitter just laying in an upstairs window here. Today we will stick it on the roof so maybe we can do better? Never have done wifi. What is the highest signal rating? This was definitely plug and play once I got my router reconfigured to work with the Hughesnet satellite modem.
I digress. Funner times in the boonies now. If we get it at the sons house, I can get it just about anywhere now as his place was a real test.
Now we can put cameras up on the farm and watch the elk break through the fence in the fall, right from here!
Edit for:
No more free stems as mom mentioned. That cycle is over. Now we are in the keep up cycle.
Edit#2:
Just want to add a quick comment on wood species. I saw over on the PD thread a short discussion on the three wood species(Myrtle, Cherry and Walnut). I would like to add that I agree with the comments made(lwein esp) on which runs cooler and hotter but ONLY in a general way. There are always exceptions to that rule as each block of our wood anyway can be of different density within the same wood species. I therefore cannot say with certainty that x wood will always run hotter or cooler than y wood. The difference is also very subtle, especially after some time breaking in. In my book it is not a hard and fast rule. The vast majority of our sales are Myrtle wood, which supposedly runs the coolest.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Come to think of it, I think my Zap had a birthday not too long ago :p

Still going strong, and still my daily driver ;)
Happy Birfdayee to meh Zap! I has a yum. :p

AGBeer,

morninglight

Hey everyone..

Received my MZ today with the cork bottom (gotta be animal free!). Have had it plugged in for only about 20 minutes so have not used it yet but will tonight after mah bath :p . Can someone verify how to properly use a tooty? Stick a brass stem into the brass side of the tooty and use it as a carb system (I ordered one with a carb)? That seems logical to me, don't see any other use for it. Anyways, I'm super excited to own a second vaporizer as the MFLB is my first!~

Overall I'm very impressed with its size and appearance. The cork isn't sealed in I'd say 1/4" to the bottom in one little area by the power adapter. There is also one little nudge in the wood by the adapter connection but honestly nothing to complain about. I'm just glad to have it after waiting a week or two (holidays and weather delay). Will post sometime this weekend with my thoughts on its usability. Thanks again Rick and FC! Would never have jumped on the vapetrain without you.

morninglight,

CuttyBuddy

Hey does anybody know a fix to this little problem i'm having? I have a glass tooty and the metal portion keeps getting stuck in my zap every-time i try to pull it out. I think it's lost it's grip/shape over the last few months. Wondering how to get it to stay in firmly again thanks :)

CuttyBuddy,

hazuki

Hi everyone, I'm from france and I would love to get a zap. Is there really any way ? if not, why ?
Thx for your help

Best regards

hazuki,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
CuttyBuddy said:
Hey does anybody know a fix to this little problem i'm having? I have a glass tooty and the metal portion keeps getting stuck in my zap every-time i try to pull it out. I think it's lost it's grip/shape over the last few months. Wondering how to get it to stay in firmly again thanks :)
do you mean the tip with the screen that the herb goes into, or the brass piece with no screen that the tip goes into? If it's the latter, Rick just uses a wee bit of "JB WELD" to hold those in place. You'll probably notice a tiny bit of gray stuff on the brass insert where it would contact the inside of the tip of your tooty, that's the old JB weld. A proper fix should last a long time! Good luck!

Albert Hofmann,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
CuttyBuddy said:

It sounds as if your stem tip is coming out. This has happened to me a few times. Just take the stem tip and squeeze the end that goes into the Zap slightly to change the shape. It should seat more securely. Don't get crazy about changing the shape; it only needs to be slightly oval When you replace it in your Tooty, twist it a little after it is inserted. This should solve your problem.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
CuttyBuddy said:

It sounds as if your stem tip is coming out. This has happened to me a few times. Just take the stem tip and squeeze the end that goes into the Zap slightly to change the shape. It should seat more securely. Don't get crazy about changing the shape; it only needs to be slightly oval When you replace it in your Tooty, twist it a little after it is inserted. This should solve your problem.

As Mom said, all you need to do is slightly bend the insert where it slides into the tip, just a little out of round, not to much but just a little, try it, see if it grips, if not take it out and bend it a little more until it does fit securely, it only takes a slight bend. Once you have it, it will stay secure then and work well for you.

Rick shoulda done had you on the payroll over here Mom!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Ed, I don't know....I get myself into trouble with Rick now and again for misspeaking. Might have gotten fired by now!

Seriously, I know how much I relied on this site/thread when I first started vaping for advice. Just trying to make it easier for people to enjoy their Zaps!

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Here is our Tooty tip info page again. I will also add that if the tip gets difficult to remove from the glass stem with the bonded insert, put a small flame(BIC, etc) under the brass tip and get it hot. It will slide right out as you turn the goo glue into goo lubricant with the heat. Also take some fine grit(220 or finer/higher number) and roll/sand the end of the Tooty tip that goes in the Zap in the sandpaper. That will get the extra junk off the end of the tip that has to go in and out of the Zap all the time and make for an easier fit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TOOTY TIPS
Tooty tips are squeezed across the axis at the lower(back) end of the tip to make them slightly out of round. We squeeze them gently, just enough so they spring back to round when inserted in the brass insert at the end of the Tooty glass stem but also make a tight interference fit in the insert. They should go in with enough interference to stay in the insert until you decide to take the tip out with some effort. They should not fit so tight that you need pliers to pull them out. Insert them all the way in until they stop. You cannot push them in too far. If the fit gets a little loose over time, use a pair of regular pliers to squeeze the back end only of the removable tip a bit more out of round. You can turn the tip ninety degrees and squeeze it back to round if you get it too tight. All brass used for our tips is RoHS lead free brass and has been for years.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

morninglight
Sounds like you have the Tooty figured out. There is only one way to use it. Be sure to put the out of round end of the Tooty tip in the glass stem insert, otherwise the tip will fall out of the glass stem and stick in the Zap(could be related to the other Tooty question above)
I do remember the slight chip that developed at the edge of the plug on your Zap. Sometimes we have to make decisions about is it(the Zap) now a cull or give away or will it be acceptable to put out as our finished product? Yours was one of those times. First time on the cork and we were pushing real hard late in the day to get that batch out as it was to be special delivered Monday to the Post Office by sneaking around our week long road closure on a rails to trails bike path. First time on the cork too.
This does bring up something we are very proud of in the production of our Zaps. Imperfection. There is usually something somewhere that only I might find but on occasion there is an obvious imperfection. Treasure those as they are rare. Still totally functional but just not quite perfect. We love it. We also will exchange any imperfect Zap for a seemingly more perfect one if a customer desires but we cannot guarantee the same grain patterns as the original.
Our turn around time will be longer for a week or two. Closer to two weeks from order to delivery for a short time. We got behind during our time off, glass guy could not get the right glass for awhile and the Zap Train seems to be going downhill(faster) for some reason so hang in there. We did send out another pile Wednesday and will do the same Saturday for a Monday arrival but still behind.

Oh yes, mom, be sure to stop in and pick up your check! You may notice a nice raise for a job always well done. As for mistakes or whatever, the only way to do that is by trying. Sit on your ars and say nothing and you will make no mistakes. You will also get fired.

Rick,

CuttyBuddy

Wow guys thanks for the timely responses, appreciate that. :)

I tried the end squeezing technique and scraping off excess for smoother placement inside the zap. It worked! :D

Rick... question hope I can direct it here. First off thanks for all your work in putting these together, we all appreciate it. We know this is a rural family business and things can get bumpy along the way. Ok my question is, if I get a new tooty (another without a hole) will the delivery time still be a 1-2 week wait? Thank You

CuttyBuddy,

Rick

Zapman
Tooties should be less than a week from order to delivery. Tim, our glass guy, http://glassgods.com/Home.html , could not get the exact diameter glass tube that he had been using for Tooties so we had to come up with a slightly different design for the insert mount at the end of the glass stem. We have several in now and will be shipping a bunch out tomorrow along with some Zap orders.

Rick,

TanzRemix

So, after lurking on this board forever I finally decided to go for a log vape. I have no preference for all-stainless or no-brass construction, those neither add nor detract value from the vape in my eyes. What is important is a proven track record of reliability and customer satisfaction, as well as reasonable customer service. As I read through all the different threads detailing the different log vapes, I noticed Rick always took the time to reasonable, understanding, accommodating and thoughtful. From a glance I could tell Rick was a professional who took good pride in his product and his relationships with his customers. With this in mind I took the plunge and ordered a MyrtleZap (in Myrtle wood).

A few days later I was reading some newer posts on FC concerning the different wood types and discovered that of my three options, Myrtle was likely to be the coolest. I've picked up vaping only somewhat recently and as a medical patient I love my CBD, so I was a little concerned the heat could be inadequate for my (developing) tastes. Thus, I emailed Rick around midnight last night, explaining my concerns and how they could really be overblown [my words exactly], and had a response in my inbox the next morning. Here is an extract:

"Let me know for sure what wood you want. I do think your concerns are a bit overblown as Zaps all settle in to a sweet spot after some time but as I said, no problem at all changing the wood."

So boom: there it is. I've spent a lot of time reading about Rick's customer service and the quality of his product. I cannot yet vouch for the second but Rick is clearly as reliable as it gets. I haven't even received the MZ yet but my purchase already feels validated.

TanzRemix,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum Tanzremix. I'm glad to see you did your homework. ;)

I think that you will find your Zap experience to be a good one. There is usually a learning curve with this (and all to be honest) vape, so if you have any problems or concerns, come on back here and I think you will find a Zaphead or two to help. I have Zaps in myrtle and walnut. In fact, my first Zap is one of the original designs, prior to Rick's changing the heatport, and all of them reach good temps. There are a few things that can affect it, for example room temp. There can also be a short "break in" period. But as you get to know your vape, I think you will find it meets or exceeds your expectations and needs.

momofthegoons,

hazuki

Hey, I tried to find a solution gettin a zap to Europe for my own usage, but Rick isnt as kind as I tought. First he told me no, then he said I could get the help from an US friend if I got one, but I don't. So I asked on FC chat and people were really cool, they all tried to help me, they linked me "postal proxies" like shipito or myus2.But It seems to get Rick on his nervs, dunno why, what's the problem ?
I report it here so european ppl will not try to mail him, it's useless...
same with woodez and pd, but todd,tom and pam were really really kind.
I ll try with ocd...

hazuki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
hazuki, OCD has stated in their thread that they are working on a 220v power supply for future European customers. To my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet, but do contact them.
While I'm sorry you couldn't get a Zap, I find it hard to believe that Rick was not "kind" to you, unless you were not "kind" to him. I've known him a while now and that is not his nature. Good luck in your search for a vape.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Rick is not so nice when he tells someone no but they keep wanting him to say yes. We have more than enough US sales and that is the only sales door we want open.
Cant please everybody.
I am perplexed at how many times this has come up yet nobody from outside the US is making log vapes. An incredible potential for a very simple product. HELLOOOOOOOO EU entrepreneurs.

Rick,

hazuki

It seems that you prefer being spoiled than finding someone to work with you for the european market? I don't understand that point. I just a MJ smoker who wants to vape with a real hand craft vapo. It's like buying a real piano or an electrical one. I prefer the real one :)

I'll find another way to get one. Thx rick.

hazuki,
Top Bottom