Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow Ed....that is one of the nicest Zaps I have ever seen. It has a very tropical feel to it.

I might have a little bit of Zap envy going on here..... :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
That Mahoe has several coats of ZaPolish and is well broke in. It was Zapladys favorite for awhile until I found a spalted Myrtle she likes. I gotta say Ed, you have it shined up real nice. It looks much nicer in the pic than I remember it. You must use a power buffer of some kind? Get lots of practice with all those nice pieces you make. The Mahoe is a bit softer than we like for Zaps. Sure is pretty though.
There is one more out there in the hands of an FC member that we may see some day. I may be able to get one more as the crack in the remaining block looks like I still have enough good wood for a Zap. The only other one is in an evidence locker somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.
I did that one about the same time I did moms Walnut zap.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
Some not so good news from Zapville.
I goofed up good by thinking I had another 25 heaters in stock but they were already gone. This happened last week and I ordered right away, expecting them by the end of last week. No heaters. So I call the PO today and they are not there today. We are very rural and I usually order the light stuff shipped via USPS which I did this time but it must have got on the slow boat.
Bottom line is orders placed 8/31 to 9/3 or so will not arrive til this Friday or Saturday at the earliest, a few days past our target one week turn around time from order to arrival.
Normally I keep well stocked with all that stuff but did not adjust to the flow on my heater order this time.
There will be an exception or two to above as we had a couple Cherrys burning in all weekend and they will head out early this week.

Rick,

reece

Hey Rick, the two Cherry Zaps pictured a few posts back are quite unique. Have most of the Cherry Zaps so far been that way, or do they look pretty similar to each other?

reece,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
question for owners or the zap and the DBV. which do you like better/use most? having trouble deciding which one i want! like the idea of no moving parts in a zap but not so much on the no temp control. anyone have a good list of pros and cons for both? already own a VG and a MFLB.

mattman_WF,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
In a nutshell -

Zap = Efficiency (ridiculously small loads needed), Fixed temp so NO chance of combustion, hits are 'smaller' (I rarely get lung busters with my Zap - but it CAN and DOES happen), ABV from my Zap makes KILLER brownies. And last but not least, the wood pattern of my Zap gives me wood - applying my Zappolish is almost a 'spiritual' ritual. Almost like making love to my Zap in a different way than I do what I hit it.

DBV = HUGE CLOUDS (but nowhere near as efficient), variable temp lets you know you are getting just about every single goodie out of your herb (WAY more likely to get lung busters)

You need to determine what you want out of a vape first and foremost.
If you plan to puff mids with a bunch of friends - DBV might be your best bet.
If you plan to puff meds (or even mids) by yourself or with 1 other person and you are more about the experience (as opposed to the monster clouds) then the MZ is your woman.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
& does the cherry zap base come w/ 12 volt adapter 4 $114

$114 is the price for the bare bones unit itself. If you want to add an adapter only, you would need to add another $15 to your total, making it $129. If I'm not mistaken, Rick priced it this way so that those of us who are "collecting" Zaps could buy just the unit itself since we already have at least 1 adapter.

momofthegoons,

ranDUMB

momofthegoons said:
& does the cherry zap base come w/ 12 volt adapter 4 $114

$114 is the price for the bare bones unit itself. If you want to add an adapter only, you would need to add another $15 to your total, making it $129. If I'm not mistaken, Rick priced it this way so that those of us who are "collecting" Zaps could buy just the unit itself since we already have at least 1 adapter.

doing this just made me buy another zap, and I JUST got a new one a month ago!!!!

cherry time!! :ko:

ranDUMB,
yeah its a gud deal the primo deluxe is a gr8 package deal i dunno if i want the extra heat of a cherry zap the myrtle seems tu get it lite brown then there's swamp h2o/brownies :p

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I cant believe I am saying this, but I think I am going to order a cherry.......

the ob,

lolwaut

Rick,

ive already emailed you but i figured i would post here too for the benefit of others.

is there going to be a primo deluxe package for the cherry vapes? if so, will they come with a cherry wood stem holder? thank you.

lolwaut,

Rick

Zapman
lolwaut
Got her fixed. I knew that question would come up soon but spaced adding the option.
I have added the Primo Deluxe option to the CherryZap product. Same price as the Myrtle Primo.

And then he eats his words.
Another score from the Master Flow. We picked up some Metal roofing remnants(new but 1/2 price)the other day out in the boonies. Turns out the guy has several other businesses. One of them is an incredible stash of exotic hardwood, mostly all in turning blocks so the wood will be thick enough for Zaps. I have not seen the wood but my son has. He spoke of a piece of Walnut Burl that was out of this world and a room full of burls. He has lots of stuff from Australia and from all around the world. Specializes in exotics. He is also very aware of differing wood densities so we will stick to only woods in the desirable density range. It is on the list though. Like the glass, it will take some running around and testing and a little time but it will happen. Maybe 4-6 wood choices with a couple being the cream of the crop and at a premium price as this stuff is pricey. I will not hook up with him til next week and will post whatever we find out.
I was content with Myrtle and Cherry but the wonderful Universe told me to fuck off with that plan for now anyway.

Rick,

reece

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"I love it when a plan comes together" -Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith

"nuff said" -Stan Lee

reece,

the ob

all good in the hood.
wow, we are all in trouble now. I guess I could always open a zap museum......

the ob,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
OOOOOHHHHHH this news is very exciting Rick, I am sure your gonna have alot fun with those chunks turning out only beauties!!! Ausie wood produces alot of amazing burls, its very pricey and hard to come by, but by far some of the worlds finest art is turned from these burls, check out this piece from Red Mallee Burl
photo_red_mallee_leaf.jpg

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple of caps of Mallee, its raw on this outside edge and is spiney like a porcupine, grab it to hard and it will poke you, I'm till debating on what to work out of em. Its so exciting!

Gotta tell you about the MahoeZap, I feel that it is by far the better of the two that I have, the MyrtleBurlZap is very nice and the eyes that look out really captivate you, but the smoothness and ease from using the Mahoe is way Superior, its hits are thick and heavy, the draw though the Tooty is so easy, I really enjoy using it when I have the time to. I gotta say thank you and I look forward to your new creations.

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
hemp, usually, my abv is a toasted brown color; not too dark but not at all green anymore. I make canna butter which I bake or cook with, swamp water, and have done vtac's ABV oil brownies. All have had some degree of success. There are a bunch of tips and recipes in the new cooking forum. :)

I will say that the abv from my Zap is much lighter than when I use my whip vape which can get it pretty dark. But I think if it's too dark, there's not much left in it to work with, so I try not to "over cook" it.

momofthegoons,
that's what i wuv zap it gives my edibles mor bang may b get cherry zap only few degrees warmer. with my myrtle if i put stem holder on top 4 20 min it takes it few degrees warmer so cherry b gud :p i wuv the glass tootys, i can pick up spare tu

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

ranDUMB

interesting conversation about temps

Rick, or MOM

will these exotic woods be much softer (warmer?) than the myrtles? like Goofy cheerio I also llike to reuse my goodies so I don't want to get my buds TOOOO dark. I want a cherryzap just to have different wood types, I could also see getting some of the exotic if they could keep me on the lighter end of things

ranDUMB,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ranDUMB, I believe Rick said he would only be using wood that is in the correct density range, so I would imagine they will all run fairly close. I got a little lesson in density (no pun intended) from Rick when I approached him with my piece of walnut. Unfortunately, I can't remember the range accurately, but he wants to stay right around the density of myrtle. For instance, if you look at the chart in the link below, you will see that the density of myrtle is less than cherry, so it may run a little hotter. The walnut Zap I got is even less dense and I will say that I have noticed that it runs a little hotter than the myrtle, but not substantially warmer. So the less dense the wood is, the warmer it will run. That is why the Aromazap runs so much warmer than the Myrtlezap; less density. But, if I understand it correctly, less density also means that it may not last as long or could crack. I'm sure Rick will only sell Zaps that have been made from wood that he feels will withstand the temps.

Of course, I might be getting a scolding from the Zapman if I've misrepresented! ;)

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wood-density-d_40.html

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
The thing with charts and woods and such is the charts give us a range only. Those exact density numbers are misleading. In all woods I have worked so far, especially Myrtle, the density will vary from piece to piece. Not alot but it is noticeable to me when I work the wood. Cherry shows more density than Myrtle on the chart but that is not accurate, at least in my experience.
Also the old softwood Aromazap runs a bit hotter but the difference is barely noticeable to us anyway once the hardwood units have broke in awhile. What, maybe a few degrees? You can do that by altering pack and pull.
Bottom line is if you want dark/gone ABV, get something you can crank up the heat on. Ours is a mid range fixed temp vape. That's it.
Mom is also right about giving up longevity as you go softer wood. Holy shit, what did I just say???????????

Rick,
Top Bottom