Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Reese asked a question a while back that I intended to answer but spaced. He asked if all the Cherry wood was similar to the pic I put up of the first two we turned.
After doing several more the answer is yes to that one. When I start with a block it looks plan enough, any block actually. Once it is turned, you get to see all of the wood, cut across the grain which gives a completely different look and feel to it all. I also sand very thoroughly on the lathe and give them a light ZaPolish shine with my hand on the spinning piece before boring so I can see the wood real good.
The thing about wood that is so neat is the tree rings. Each year the tree will put on a new ring and the space between the rings represents what went on, environmentally, that particular year. These Cherry trees came from the Inland Pacific Northwest. Anybody who says they know what the climate will be is wrong. We never know what is next. All within a peaceful range(no hurricanes, tornadoes, etc) but all different. Like we lost June this year. Very cold and rainy all month. Anyway all of that is reflected in the wood. Every ring is different. Some are wider.......good growing year, plenty of nutrients, etc. Some rings are narrower. But the main difference is in the makeup of the space between each ring and how it changes from year to year. No two rings are exactly alike. And with all the grain being exposed in the turning process, it is there for all to see.
I am liking the no led versions much more because I get 2/3 of the piece as the front rather than just the front face.
So yes, all the Cherry wood is very beautiful. Some more than others but it all has the unique ring differences and seems to have a more pronounced cherry color to it when turned a certain way in the light.

Rick,

duckdown

optical
Hey all, new user here from Canada, but have been smoking for a very long time..

I've recently been getting sore throats and coughs after years of using glass bongs and am looking to move into something alot less harsh. On another forum the MyrtleZap comes highly reccomended, and I can't wait to order one and receive it..

Money is not a big issue, and neither is any type of stealth or anything, I proudly have my glass on display and would keep my vaporizer out in the open too, so that is of no concern. But what is my concern is how theres so many parts and stuff for this device, it's daunting to a newbie like me.

I want the best model, with all needed parts, so I can start using it right away.

What am I looking for here? Can somebody give me a URL or something. I want to order this today so it arrives as soon as possible, but there's so many weird parts and stuff that I'm confused. Is there an all-in-one package?

As mentioned, I'll take the best model you guys have, just point me to what I need so that it comes with everything needed to use it right away

I look forward to trying the product and any speedy responses would be great!

Thanks in advance!

cheers from toronto :)

duckdown,
duc get the cherry or myrtle primo deluxe kit frum the shop @ aromazap.com one wuv glass tooty takes heat & i prefer glass rather than nylon regular stems.
rick thcx if pikin up cherry primo deluxe will u giv if u hav a mor beautiful 1 with kit :) o i just lQQked i thot option to add cherry instead myrtle to kit was there dunno alrite i guess if i email again after placing zap buy we get cherry

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Rick

Zapman
duckdown
We only ship the AZ/MZ/CZ to US addresses. Been that way for several years.
hemp; et al
I am having a tough time following what you are saying. Not sure if you have ordered or will order or what. The Cherry is a separate product on the Zap page. Primo Deluxe is an option on the CherryZap.(and MZ)
I always try to get the nicest pieces in the primo packages.

Sorry I missed out on the texting thing. Well no, not sorry at all. Its good to be old, eh mom?

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
Sorry I missed out on the texting thing. Well no, not sorry at all. Its good to be old, eh mom?

Then what's with the et al? Sure looks like texting to me. :lol: ;) Who says Latin is a dead language?

I think the lack of punctuation makes hemp hard to understand also. Maybe that's part of the texting thing. Hey Rick, at least you caught that it was texting. I thought hemp wasn't too fluent in English and doing the best he could with a non-native language.

reece,

duckdown

optical
Oh, great, only ships to US addresses..

So I guess this has been a collossal waste of time.. I have no idea why American companies do this, especially since half the weed you smoke probably comes from up north..

sigh. Thanks anyways.. Time to look for a new product

duckdown,

caseball2051

you dont have family in the states? you could have it shipped to them and then to you up north.

i think on the site it says only shipping to the US address.

caseball2051,

duckdown

optical
No family in the states. We are all Canadian.

I have a corporate account with FedEx.. What if I spring for the express FedEx shipping? They'll even pick it up right from your house where you can sit around in your underwear all day.. It will all be billed to my account number

duckdown,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi duckdown, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that it's problematic for you to get a Zap as they are really a nice vape. Perhaps a U.S. business associate could forward it to you? Otherwise, email Rick directly regarding the FedEx.....maybe you will catch him on a good day. ;)

Its good to be old, eh mom?

Ahem......

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
Reece
The etal you refer to was intended to apply to the rest of hemp;s screen name, not any other poster here. I also appreciate your input and questions hemp; and your way of communication. It adds to the diversity of this thread and you ARE communicating which is what it is all about.
duckdown
So sorry about your colossal waste of time. Our website states the only US shipping info and has for years. If you want to blame someone, blame 911 and the resulting tightening of border restrictions of all kinds. Also Canada officials can be real pricks to non Canadians of all kinds. And thanks for the Fedex offer but the addition of your kind remark to that request tells me to not bend on this one.
We ship to US addresses, that's it.
And mom, sorry about that. I was referring to someone you know, not you. We all know women never get old. I meant no to texting is a fun part of being old.

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
Reece
The etal you refer to was intended to apply to the rest of hemp;s screen name, not any other poster here.

I understand. Sorry for butting in. It was just a small (very small) joke about about confusing Latin with texting.

reece,

stinkmeaner

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
aromazap.com one wuv glass tooty takes heat & i prefer glass rather than nylon regular stems.
Hey Rick, I had an idea for the Entry Level/Budget Tooty, they wouldn't be as long as a Tooty but it should be as long as a regular nylon stem. I think it would be a nicer alternative to the cut off Zap stem inside of the Ground Glass Joint/GonG given the endless array of One Hitter designs on the market.

Go to a local or online Head Shop and buy a One Hitter Pipe and pull the metal bowl out of one of your Zap Stems, then you can attach the One Hitter to the Zap Bowl by inserting the Brass Pipe into the Bowl end of the One Hitter and fuse/Seal around it with NON-TOXIC, high temperature Silicone Sealant, they sell it at most any hardware/home improvement store.

This idea would provide a nice variety of colors and shapes for looks, and if you just put the silicone on the outside, it wouldn't even be in the direct Air Path so it would make a nice seal and not effect flavor for the taste junkies.

stinkmeaner,

duckdown

optical
Haha, okay there "Rick" if that's the way you want to be about things, that's fine.. I would have liked to have gone back to the other forum and reported good things but all I can report is that you're incredibly rude and unhelpful.. Good luck with your terrible attitude and feelings towards Canadians, all we wanted to do was try your product and this is the response you give? (Not to mention after wanting to buy your most expensive premium sets and pay for first class fedex shipping to boot!.. Just wow.)

Incredibly unprofessional..

Thanks to everyone else who responded, however.. I'm all ears if anybody can weigh in on other alternatives that are Canada-Friendly.. We love our ganja as much as anyone so I'd really like to find a good vaporizer that isn't the Volcano (Although the volcano is available locally, I don't know if I'm thrilled on the whole balloon bag idea.. It's for my personal use, not for having parties with)

cheers

duckdown,

lwien

duckdown said:
Haha, okay there "Rick" if that's the way you want to be about things, that's fine.. I would have liked to have gone back to the other forum and reported good things but all I can report is that you're incredibly rude and unhelpful.. Good luck with your terrible attitude and feelings towards Canadians, all we wanted to do was try your product and this is the response you give? (Not to mention after wanting to buy your most expensive premium sets and pay for first class fedex shipping to boot!.. Just wow.)

Incredibly unprofessional..

Ya know, duckdown, this whole "rude..... and terrible attitude" thing started out with you coping the attitude of your quest to get a Zap as being a "colossal waste of time". That's where it all began, eh?

Rick is not the only manufacturer not desiring to go through the hassles of shipping product outside of the US. Customs can be a real bitch, no matter what country you're dealing with, including customs in the US.

So I suggest before slingin' the arrows, ya ought to check that chip on your shoulder at the front door.

lwien,
duc gud attitude keep up the reportin @ other forum to let them know so nobody keeps askin why dont u ship to canada over & over *& well thcx :rolleyes:

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
duckdown, it's really unfortunate that you feel that way since you are, as lwien pointed out, the one who offended first. Rick is one of the nicest people I know; not rude at all unless his toes are stepped on. I hope you will continue to find a way to get the vape you want.

And Rick, no worries. I knew you weren't referring to me....I'm a spritely young thing! I was just teasing. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

reece

duckdown said:
No family in the states. We are all Canadian.

I have a corporate account with FedEx.. What if I spring for the express FedEx shipping? It will all be billed to my account number

If your post read this way, maybe the situation would have turned out differently.

They'll even pick it up right from your house where you can sit around in your underwear all day..

You may not understand, but this statement could come across as an implication of laziness.

Rick was very polite in informing you of his long standing shipping policy. You may not understand why some companies do this, that doesn't mean they don't have a good reason. Frankly, it is irrelevant whether you understand or not.

If not changing a company policy to suit your needs is your idea of rude, then I guess you are right. But, at least consider your part in eliciting that response before you speak to another manufacturer and find yourself in the same boat.

reece,

stinkmeaner

I think duckdown just feels a little upset that he lives so relatively close to a product and can't get his hands on it. When come onto this board and you see the two incredibly long Log Vape threads and both don't ship to Canada when all Canada vapes are in the USA, he naturally feels upset being that USA & Canada are supposed to have good relations, that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

In all fairness to Rick, the site does clearly state that they don't ship outside of the USA so you have to imagine there is a reason for that because I am sure Rick isn't allergic to money, no matter where it comes from.

@Duckdown: there are a couple of other lesser know Log Vapes with apparently similar performance that are newer to the business and might have looser policies. You could also check out the Happy Vappy which are made in Canada, they are not very similar in design to the Log Vapes but they are direct draw too and have favorable reviews.

stinkmeaner,

duckdown

optical
reece said:
They'll even pick it up right from your house where you can sit around in your underwear all day..

You may not understand, but this statement could come across as an implication of laziness.

I was not trying to imply he's lazy, I was trying to imply that the service with FedEx will make it so convenient you wouldn't even have to go to a post office or even leave the house if you don't want to. It was a good thing, unfortunately interpreted the wrong way.

duckdown,

caseball2051

I think what offended him was the "colossal waste of time" comment. shipping restrictions are on his site.

caseball2051,

duckdown

optical
stinkmeaner said:
I think duckdown just feels a little upset that he lives so relatively close to a product and can't get his hands on it. When come onto this board and you see the two incredibly long Log Vape threads and both don't ship to Canada when all Canada vapes are in the USA, he naturally feels upset being that USA & Canada are supposed to have good relations, that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

In all fairness to Rick, the site does clearly state that they don't ship outside of the USA so you have to imagine there is a reason for that because I am sure Rick isn't allergic to money, no matter where it comes from.

@Duckdown: there are a couple of other lesser know Log Vapes with apparently similar performance that are newer to the business and might have looser policies. You could also check out the Happy Vappy which are made in Canada, they are not very similar in design to the Log Vapes but they are direct draw too and have favorable reviews.

Thank you for the useful response instead of trying to make it sound like I came in here with a "chip on my shoulder" as the other responses above are making it sound like... Forgive me, but this "we only ship to USA" policy is a quick way to piss off anybody else who wants to try the product. I've bought tons of stuff like this from the USA before and never had a problem, so I don't know why suddenly it's a big deal to ship outside the country.. Just my 2cents, I'm finished with bothering to appeal or talk to him, it's going nowhere and I know the regulars on this board are clearly siding with him on this so I'll just forget it

I have been trying to figure out which vapes are made in Canada or at least available in Canada. My local major head shop in Toronto has the Volcano but I'm not too keen on the process of how it works, that bag seems kind of gimmicky and more angled towards many people using it at a time, rather than for just a few personal hits while at home watching TV. I know it is supposedly very good but it looks big and bulky..

Happy Vappy sounds interesting, I will give that a shot on google. Reviews seem favorable, you say?

Thanks for the tip!

duckdown,

duckdown

optical
caseball2051 said:
I think what offended him was the "colossal waste of time" comment. shipping restrictions are on his site.

It was a waste of time. Since he's clearly so against shipping to Canada and not even willing to consider it, can you think of another word for it? I came to this forum for this reason specifically just to get shot down so.. I think the shoe fits.

duckdown,
Top Bottom